West Branch Angler Resort Reviews

West Branch Angler Resort 6
West Branch Angler Resort 7
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/18/2014

A week after our wedding, we're still in awe of the amazing events that Matt and his team put together for our immersive, interactive wedding weekend. Throughout the process of booking, planning, execution and breakdown, the West Branch team was impressive, friendly and flexible - an A ++ experience all around.

We had a group of about 90 guests, almost all of which stayed onsite at the West Branch (we filled the cabins!) and everyone had an amazing time. Matt helped us plan events that he suggested (the best bonfire you will ever, ever have, clay pigeon shooting, super BBQ rehearsal dinner) and helped us execute ideas of our own (pumpkin carving, group hikes, sky lanterns, non-traditional decor and desserts) to make the weekend memorable and relaxing for every single guest, the bride and groom included.

Matt himself is the point man on the whole wedding operation at the River Run Restaurant at the West Branch and I like to call him my "wedding planner in carharrts" (take that as the ultimate compliment, Matt). He was just what we needed - nothing fancy - as we did a LOT of pre-planning but someone sharp who would ANTICIPATE our needs before we'd even realized them and execute our vision without supervision.

We were blown away with what Matt's team was able to do with my vision for the decor, the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff all weekend long, and the genuine fun Matt seemed to be having in putting our events together. He's a true wedding pro with a knack for giving brides and grooms what they want, while maintaining the laid-back, problem-solving flair of a fly-fisherman from upstate NY. We loved it all.

Thank you, thank you Matt. When we say we'll be back, we really mean it - and our guests will too - it was the best weekend we've ever had and you made it happen!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Mandy · Married on 10/04/2014

West Branch made our day the most amazing experience! Matt and his staff catered to our every whim. All of our guests raved about the food and service during the reception and breakfast the next day. We even made a special request to eat in a nearby cabin before we did our introductions and Matt made that happen so we could eat and relax for a few minutes after the ceremony. I would more than highly recommend West Branch Resort for any event that you want to be made extraordinary!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/27/2014

If you're reading my review among all the others, I will just chime in with the chorus: Matt is amazing. He is SO helpful and just the right amount of excited for you, but calm and capable of solving all the little problems so you don't have to (but making sure you make the important decisions). He was JUST what we needed in a venue coordinator.

The venue is so great for a quasi-destination wedding. All our guests loved the cabins, the bonfire Friday night was a big hit, and everyone ate too much food all weekend. We had tons of comments on what a great place it was, and questions about how we found it. (We found it on weddingwire!)

Sent on 10/06/2014

Krista · Married on 09/20/2014

Beautiful location very helpful and attentive staff who did everything to make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 09/27/2014
  • User3819546 · 2+ years ago

Matt Batschelet especially, as well as his staff were very professional and accommodating. All of our guests had a great time from the attentiveness, friendliness, hospitality, and food to the resort grounds/locale itself. We would highly recommend the West Branch Resort for your wedding or other special occasion!

Sent on 09/16/2014

sueanne · Married on 08/31/2014

My daughter’s wedding week at West Branch on the Delaware River was perfect. Matt Batschelet, owner/wedding planner/organizer, from the start communicated to us clearly all the options and services provided for the week. Once finalized, he provided a detailed agenda of the details of the weekend. The primary activities were the welcome BBQ/Rehearsal, Ceremony, and Reception were impeccable. The welcome BBQ at the pavilion was a wonderful beginning for guest to unwind, dine, and meet old and new friends. The tiki torch hike along the river to a bonfire that was so huge, a small one was available to roast marshmallow for the s’mores! The staff had everything set up so there was no worries!
    The morning of the ceremony it poured so plan B was for the ceremony to be in the pavilion. White chairs facing the river and a backdrop of a string of flowers (Woodfern) was beautiful. We all decided that we liked that location better than where we had the rehearsal! Following the magical ceremony by the Celebrant Emily Van Laeys (see review) guests were passed appetizers and signature cocktails, local beer, top shelf liquor, etc. on the lodge deck.
    Following the cocktail hour, guests entered the dining room which was beautifully appointed with flowers and candles. The Bride and Groom choose a delicious menu which guests gave rave reviews. The cake, cupcakes, and display by The Bakery in Hancock, NY (see review) were delicious. Before the reception ended, additional food selections were passed and enjoyed by all. An after party was in the Pub below! More food and spirits. A perfect place to unwind after a memorable day. From beginning to end the staff was professional and friendly.
    I have nothing but positive thoughts to share about the West Branch! Many details I cannot include in this lengthy piece. The entire week were beyond my expectations. Matt and his staff are a top notch group of people which is a big piece of the wedding activities!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Amy · Married on 07/20/2014

Everything turned out beautiful.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Jeannine · Married on 05/10/2014

Everyone was super nice and helpful! I couldn't have asked for better! The food was wonderful. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Erica · Married on 09/21/2013

West Branch was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding and the service was amazing. Matt made sure every single detail was covered and he went above and beyond even helping complete our favors and all our table decorations. We bought flowers for us to put on the tables (to save money) and when we saw the room finished there were professional floral arrangements already on the tables that his wife Gina put together. Not only did we love our wedding day but our guests were so surprised at how beautiful the location was and how great the food was. Guests say our wedding was the best wedding they have been to in a long time. Not one thing went wrong on our day and we send our biggest thanks to Matt and the staff at West Branch Angler Resort! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Gina · Married on 09/14/2013

The staff at West Branch Resort was just amazing! They set everything up to perfection! Matt was so accommodating with all his event planning knowledge and list of local venders! He was always there for me when I had a question. My guests raved about how good the food was at the wedding and they loved that they were able to stay right on premiss and enjoy all the local amenities! BEST WEDDING EVER! Worth Every Penny! PS... My wedding pictures were just gorgeous because of the amazing majestic setting!!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Matt Batschelet and his staff at the West Branch Resort are great! They will provide you with a gorgeous location, first-class accommodations, fine food, and a perfect event for you and your guests -- in this case, our wedding, which was lovely in every way. Matt connects with all ages. There were no surprises because He provides you with a good idea of the costs involved, He stays on top of every detail right up to the day of the event.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Katie · Married on 06/22/2013

West Branch Resort and River Run Restaurant is the perfect place to get married! Matt and the entire staff are amazing! They are very friendly and helpful. West Branch Resort is beautiful, the cabins are brand new with every accommodation needed. The food at River Run Restaurant is phenomenal! Myself, my husband, our families and guests; all left very happy! I would definitely recommend this venue for your wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Vicky · Married on 10/06/2012

The West Branch Angler & River Run Restaurant was definitely the best location for my wedding! Matt and the staff made sure that everything was absolutely perfect for our day. The restaurant had just the right atmosphere for my rustic/elegant wedding. The grounds have awesome views which made for great pictures. The food was terrific! Many guests stayed in cabins which were also great. I still get compliments to this day on what a great wedding it was. I really can't say enough about how nice our wedding day was.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Jen · Married on 09/29/2012

My wife and I stumbled upon West Branch Angler Resort during our hunt for the perfect wedding venue and we are beyond thrilled that we did. Matt Batschelet was our wedding planner and "Bride Whisperer" extraordinaire. He went way above and beyond the call of duty and ensured that everything ran seamlessly and that our weekend wedding affair was, by leaps and bounds, the best weekend of our lives. The grounds and facilities were beautiful and perfectly picturesque for our fall wedding.

Our weekend wedding began with a tiki lit torch path to a bonfire, where s'mores and cocktails were waiting for our guests. We had pumpkin carving and snacks the morning/afternoon before the wedding, an outdoor ceremony, followed by a beautiful reception in the main lodge. Literally everything was perfect and not a detail was overlooked by Matt and his staff. The food was incredible, which is remarkable considering that the kitchen staff had to feed 140 hungry guests with picky Brooklyn/Manhattan palates.

The event was 100% personalized and unique. I wholeheartedly recommend West Branch for anyone looking for an amazing wedding venue with top notch staff at a more than reasonable price.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/26/2014

Our wedding at West Branch was perfect! Matt (the owner) is one of the coolest guys, not a typical sleazy wedding venue salesman. West Branch is beautiful, set on the bank of the Delaware river between mountains of pine trees. We were married on the main lawn in front of the River Run Restaurant and it looked like something straight out of a movie! The cabins (where about 1/3 of our guests stayed) are clean, spacious and updated. The restaurant was a little tight for our large reception (160 people) but the large porch with table rockers provided a great hangout spot of our non-dancers.
    Matt did not just act as an owner of the venue he doubled as our wedding planner. He helped us create a timeline for our entire weekend. When one of my bridesmaids did not arrive with our tablecloths for our rehearsal in time, Matt came to the rescue with some borrowed from the restaurant. All the supplies we brought for our welcome bonfire were found neatly set-up that night and they next day all of the left-overs on my in-laws front porch! He even brought down coffee as a special request from my in-laws. Matt takes care of every detail. He was also extremely responsive to all of emails I sent him with questions and requests.
    Overall, for my husband and I the wedding could not have been more perfect. The venue was beautiful, the events organized, the food delicious and the best part was that I did not have to worry about a thing! Why the 4.9? I didn't personally think this was a big deal but I thought I should mention a minor issue that arose. Some of my friends and family complained that the cabins were expensive. They are a little on the pricey side, more than you would expect to pay for the area but well worth the cost. My only issue with the cabins was the 5 person maximum.
    If you are looking for a rustic destination wedding this is the place to go. I would recommend West Branch to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Marie · Married on 09/29/2017

Just sent a note to Matt to say thanks for facilitating an 'epic' wedding weekend for our son and new daughter-in-law at the West Branch Angler Resort. It was an amazing event and his attention to every little detail was impressive. Matt accommodated all special requests and did so with a smile on his face. The weekend lasted four days and three nights and was perfectly-choreographed on an exceptionally beautiful property. The lodging was top-notch and the food was delicious. The West Branch Angler Resort has the wedding venue routine mastered. All our guests were equally impressed and can't stop talking about what a fabulous time they had.

We left with smiles on our faces and lifelong, wonderful memories.

PS - The trap-shooting was an added bonus to our weekend. Rave reviews by all!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jeannine · event on 05/11/2014

We used a CEO cabin for our event. The cabin was spacious and accommodated the 40 + people attending. We even set up a skeet shot for the husbands that did not want to hang with the ladies! Great venue!

Sent on 05/21/2014