Weddings at West Branch Reviews

Weddings at West Branch 6
Weddings at West Branch 7

Andrew Tredo · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded every expectation

From start to finish the staff at west branch was excellent and beyond accommodating. My wife and I could not be happier about how the entire event turned out. Food was great, everyone had fun. It’s a special place because there is so much to do while there, including relax. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a venue

Andrew Tredo · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded every expectation

• Jessica

Jessica Gow · Married on 09/29/2018

Our experience with West Branch

Our wedding weekend at West Branch was everything we could have dreamed of. We felt right at home. In a quiet town in NY, you feel like you are in another state, on a property that is all yours for the weekend. West Branch is flexible, accommodating, easy to work with and will help you with whatever you need. The owner Matt is fantastic. The venue is beautiful, the food is incredible, and the service is great. I am so happy we chose West Branch for our special day - it was truly a dream come true. I HIGHLY recommend!!!

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect wedding weekend

West Branch Angler Resort absolutely exceeded my expectations for our wedding weekend. We were married there on September 22, 2018. The setting fit our style and outdoor lifestyle perfectly. They were very flexible with all requests through the entire planning process. Getting across to some family members that we were getting married at a fishing resort with cabins was tough, until they arrived and realized these are not rustic cabins with limited amenities cabins. They are very nicely furnished and have everything you need. Except long mirrors, which was not a surprise since it is primarily a resort for fisherman. We had all the cabins rented for our wedding. We had about 80 guests which fit nicely and gave us the flexibility to use indoor and outdoor spaces. The staff were always welcoming and helpful to all our guests. We had a Friday Welcome BBQ near the river with a fire pit for smores. Saturday ceremony was near the river framed perfectly by trees. Our dinner was inside the restaurant followed by live band and dancing on the tented deck and covered porch. This was the perfect destination wedding for our group. Our family and friends are still commenting on how much fun the whole weekend was. Thank you Matt and to the entire West Branch Staff.

Weddings at West Branch 8
    Weddings at West Branch 9

Marcy · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing wedding venue AND weekend getaway

The decision to have our wedding at West Branch Resort was one of the best we've ever made. Manager and owner, Matt Batschelet, took so much stress out of the planning process along with making sure everything went as planned on wedding day. The entire staff at West Branch were extremely friendly and professional, making us feel like we were part of their family by the end of the weekend. As far the venue itself goes... beautiful, clean, secluded. We wanted a venue that made our wedding feel like a weekend away and West Branch delivered above and beyond. They're also dog friendly, a must considering we wanted our two goldens to be part of our special day!
    Matt and all the West Branch staff, thank you so much for organizing and delivering our perfect, once in a lifetime weekend!
    ~Marcy and Shane~
    9-15-18

Bethany · Married on 09/02/2018

We just had our wedding here on September 2nd 2018. Both the groom and I as well as all of our guests I could not possibly say enough good things about this then you. The staff is absolutely amazing, especially Matt. You will not be let down if you choose this place as your Venue. It's in an absolutely gorgeous setting, everything is so convenient, and all of the staff is so accommodating. I would recommend West Branch resort to anyone getting married, again and again. We absolutely loved it.

Tanya · Married on 08/25/2018

My Husband and I had our wedding here in August 2018. The place was absolutely beautiful. We had the best weekend with our family and friends. At first we were so worried because we are actually from Michigan and were having our wedding in New York. I will say that Matt completely made us feel like everything was going to be alright. He helped us so much in the planning process. We had many phone conversations and even got to sit down with him in person twice. The staff at West Branch was exceptional they decorated the venue with all our stuff we brought and helped make my visions of what I wanted come true. The Cabins we rented were amazing. I honestly can't say how much I love them. My husband and I stayed in the CEO cabin and I didn't want to leave. If I could have moved there I would have it was so amazing. We rented the pavilion and had the bon fire on the back 40. We are so glad we decided to do it. It helped all our guest relax and get to know each other before the actually wedding night. Before Fridays Party our family has never met eachother do to living in different states. So it was nice to see both of our aunts and uncles and friends all talking around the HUGE campfire and having fun. All in All I can say this was the best weekend of my life. I would recommend this place to literally everyone I knew who was getting married. We absolutely love it and everyone who came with it!!!

Weddings at West Branch 10
    Weddings at West Branch 11
    Weddings at West Branch 12

Larissa · Married on 08/11/2018

We just had our wedding here on August 11,2018! Matt was absolutely amazing. He worked so hard to give us exactly what we wanted and has been through the process countless times. Giving him the experience to take on anything that came at him. He was very flexible and his main goal was to make us happy. And he did just that! Thank you to everyone at west branch for making this a weekend to remember forever!! We will back !

Weddings at West Branch 13
    Weddings at West Branch 14
    Weddings at West Branch 15
    Weddings at West Branch 16

Tyler · Married on 07/28/2018

Just had our wedding at West Branch a couples weekends ago and it was a dream come true!!! Matt made sure everything went off without any issue. I even gave him a bunch of random decorations and he set them up to look absolutely beautiful! The Friday BBQ was exceptional and the bonfire will be talked about for years to come!! All of our guests keep saying what a fabulous weekend they had enjoying the grounds and activities. I highly recommend having your family rent out the entire place, it was the most fun we all had in a long time! Book this place, you will never forget the most special weekend of your life!!!!

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2018

We needed a place for our wedding that was affordable, had places to stay, but was still close enough for friends and family to just come for the wedding. West branch was the only venue we visited and I knew right away this was the place for us to have our celebration. The decor of the West Branch matched our lifestyle and we loved the ability to have a full weekend experience starting with a Friday night bbq to welcome our guests to our weeekend. The cabins were beautiful and easily accommodated over 100 of our 165 wedding guests wishing to stay the weekend. Matt was so helpful during the year of planning and went above and beyond on our wedding weekend. The food was exceptional, the staff attentive, and the scenery beautiful. Matt and his staff set everything up for us using the decorations we provided as well as took all of the decorations down. Many of our guests kept asking how we found the West Branch because they were so impressed. There is not one thing I would change from our wedding and wish we could do it ever and over again!!

Weddings at West Branch 17
    Weddings at West Branch 18
    Weddings at West Branch 19

Megan · Married on 07/06/2018

Matt and his staff were amazing!! They were very responsive to emails/phone calls and made our wedding day very stress-free! I would HIGHLY recommend West Branch to anyone! The views and grounds are beautiful and all our guest kept coming on how lovely the cabins were!

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

We had our wedding at West Branch on 6/30/18 and cannot recommend this venue highly enough. We knew we were in for a great weekend, but Matt and his team blew all of our expectations out of the water. From first booking through reservations through the weekend of and even after, both us and our guests were met with a level of service, generosity and kindness that is nearly impossible to find. The weekend was executed flawlessly and our guests are still raving about the venue, the accommodations, the food, the staff and the bonfire (have the bonfire if it’s in your budget, you won’t regret it!!). Many of our guests are planning their own trips back to West Branch for vacation and even family reunions. We were all treated like family from start to finish and can’t wait to return to relive the magic that was our wedding weekend.

Weddings at West Branch 20

Cameron · Married on 06/23/2018

Matt and his staff at West Branch were absolutely amazing to work with. From our very first visit, my wife and I knew we were in good hands. Every detail was taken care of and we had a great time. The venue is perfect for those couples looking for a country setting where you can enjoy yourself for a weekend. If you are a couple looking for a wedding venue in the Binghamton area, definitely take a good look at West Branch Angler Resort...you will not be disappointed!

Paige · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I had an incredible experience with this venue. Not only were the grounds beautiful, but the staff took care of us the entire weekend and the wedding planner took our ideas and created the wedding of our dreams! It was also wonderful having our wedding party and guests stay in the on-site cabins. It turned our into a weekend away, full of fun! We definitely recommend this venue for all, but especially for those who enjoy the outdoors!

• Y

Young · Married on 10/07/2017

The West Branch Resort was honestly amazing. They made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They took care of every need we had and were always willing to assist us! The cabins were awesome and the reception room looked so good!! We were very pleased and would recommend the West Branch to anyone. Matt and the manager at the restaurant were especially helpful!!! :)

Shannon · Married on 09/29/2017

We had our wedding at the West Branch in Sept 2017 and were absolutely blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. We had what felt like sole use of the property for 3 full days (Thursday - Saturday), where almost everyone we encountered throughout the property were people that we knew and loved.

STAFF:
    Matt and the rest of the staff were phenomenal. I can't stress enough how AMAZING the entire staff was. So many of our wedding guests separately commented on how helpful the staff was before and during our weekend. We couldn't possibly praise them enough. My husband and I hired a wedding planner, but honestly don't think it was necessary in the end. Matt and his staff are more than capable of coordinating a wedding and helped make it everything we dreamed of.

WEDDING:
    As a wedding venue, the West Branch is unbelievably beautiful. We chose to get married under the pergola and the setting looked like it was straight out of a magazine. We chose to decorate the inside of the restaurant ourselves, but were so grateful that Matt and his staff were willing to help with whatever we asked, but were also more than willing to let us change around some of their decorations and make it our own.

FOOD:
    Over the course of the weekend, all of the food was delicious. We hosted breakfasts, two BBQ's, and the ceremony appetizers and dinner. Everything was amazing and all our guests commented on the great quality of every meal.

We have to credit the venue with the success of our entire weekend. The amount of our friends and relatives who are still talking about the event and the venue several weeks later is definitely a testament to that!!

We cannot wait to go back for family vacations in the future!!

Weddings at West Branch 21
    Weddings at West Branch 22
    Weddings at West Branch 23
    Weddings at West Branch 24

Cathleen · Married on 09/29/2017

As the mother-of-the-bride, my biggest wish was that my daughter could relax and be certain that the staff would make sure her day was the best. When at the end of the weekend, she told me that she would not change anything, I knew the staff at the Angler had done everything possible to make her dreams about her wedding come true. Thank you!

Alexis · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding day was everything we could have hoped for and everything came together just how we wanted it to. Not only was this the perfect venue for us but Matt also recommended amazing vendors to us so everything came together flawlessly.

Abby · Married on 09/16/2017

The staff at west branch went above and beyond to make sure our weekend was perfect. From the rehearsal dinner, to the ceremony, to the reception- everything went so smoothly and better than I could have imagined. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Kim · Married on 08/19/2017

We fell in love with West Branch the moment we went to visit. It is so beautiful and relaxing and we knew this was where we had to get married. The cabins are clean and so cozy. Our guests talked about coming back here to stay! They loved walking down to the river, clay shooting and fishing! They raved about the food as well from breakfast to the BBQ to the wedding buffet! Everyone's pictures are absolutely beautiful!
    Our wedding weekend was perfect. But this was mainly due to the hard work of Matt and his staff! Matt communicates so well and is so professional. He made sure that my vision came to life. I'm not a great wedding planner but thanks to Matt and his staff they made everything beautiful! They are so comfortable to talk to and answered all our questions no mater how silly. They were always there for us. Everything ran so smoothly and it is because they know what they are doing. Matt and his staff treat you like family. the chef is amazing and his food is delicious.
    Thank you west branch for making my wedding weekend the best weekend of my life! Thank you for making the weekend stress free and so much fun. we will definitely be back!

A · Married on 07/29/2017

From the big things to the tiniest details, Matt and his team were so amazing!! From start to finish Matt made sure we had nothing to worry about. The day of the wedding, he and his team took care of absolutely everything and rolled with whatever came up. We could not thank Matt enough for making our weekend the absolute best experience it could be!! We had endless complements on the venue and food and everything else. They really did and amazing job and we could not be more grateful. Highly recommend this team and place for any occasion!

Marylou · Married on 07/22/2017

Our wedding was at The River Run in 2017. Everything was amazing, Matt and his staff ago above and beyond in everyday possible. We spent 4 nights at his resort and several of our guest placed cabin reservations. The breakfast is great, bon fire was amazing and reception was beyond our expectations. They take so much of the stress off the bridal party. I have no negative things to say!

Daniela · Married on 07/07/2017

Absolutely had an amazing weekend. Everyone is very helpful and pleasant. Always there if you need something. Food is excellent. We are so happy with our wedding and our stay there!

Kayla · Married on 07/01/2017

The West Branch Angler & Resort was truly a dream wedding venue! My husband and I can't stop talking about how perfect our wedding weekend was, everyone on staff, especially Matt who runs the show, was incredibly helpful and accommodating from day 1 of planning. This resort is nothing like you'll ever see at a traditional wedding (which is one of the reasons we loved it so much!), our family and friends were there the entire weekend staying on premises and thought of it so much more of a vacation for them with our wedding mixed in between - which was truly the best part! Everyone had such a great time and people have talked non stop how it was one of the most fun weddings they'd ever been to. The food was amazing the entire weekend, the HUGE bonfire the night before the wedding is a must for any one looking to have fun, we cannot talk enough about our experience. We love this place so much and my husband and I are already talking to our friends and families and plan to visit every year. We love you West Branch - thank you for the wedding of our dreams!