West Branch Angler Resort Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Becca C. Married on 10/02/2021

A dream come true

Matt and Nicole were incredible and made our wedding weekend an experience to last a lifetime. We didn’t have to worry about a thing because they were already 10 steps ahead of us. They were more than accommodating. We gave Matt our decorations and they set them up in such a beautiful way. Everything ran so smoothly. The venue is beautiful, the cabins are beautiful, and spending the entire weekend with your friends and family was truly a wonderful experience. People raved about the food and drinks and many said it was the best wedding they’ve ever attended. 10/10 recommend!
  • Janelle
    Janelle B. Married on 09/25/2021

Best experience!

10/10 would recommend West Branch to anyone looking for a venue. They are extremely hands on and ensure everything runs smoothly. Matt and Nicole are wonderful to work with and take care of things you don't even think about. It is a beautiful and unique venue with fantastic food!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 09/18/2021

Book them like yesterday!!

We loved west branch. Matt and Nicole have been more than amazing. Every question or issue was addressed. I felt SO at ease going into the wedding and it was all an easy process. You won’t have to worry about a thing, which is amazing. It rained unexpectedly during my ceremony and Matt asked how I wanted to proceed. My family and friends kept telling me how full they were from food and the bar was always busy.
  • Hannah
    Hannah E. Married on 08/14/2021

Best Wedding Ever

For our wedding, we knew we wanted a camp-like outdoorsy atmosphere but didn't want our guests to really "rough it" and West Branch was the perfect fit! From the Friday night BBQ and bonfire, to the modern, clean cabins, and beautiful grounds and restaurant for our Saturday celebration, Matt and the team at West Branch made sure every detail for the entire weekend was taken care of. We cannot say enough how amazing Matt was during the entire process, making our wedding planning (almost) entirely stress free, even when we had to delay a year due to COVID. Our guests were incredibly impressed by the entire weekend and many told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to. 10/10 would recommend.
  • Emma
    Emma Married on 07/24/2021

Absolutely phenomenal venue

We got married here July 24, 2021 and it was the best venue I could have imagined for what we were looking for. This venue is more budget friendly than anything else I could find in the area for what you are getting. Matt worked with us every step of the way and I was so grateful to have someone with experience to help me with planning. The venue did all of the setup so I didn't have to worry about it and the food was delicious. When all was said and done, I really didn't feel like I had to do that much planning and we got a beautiful wedding weekend where our families from all over the country got to meet and get to know each other and that is an experience I will forever be grateful for. Oh yeah, and I got to marry my favorite guy.
  • Vicky
    Vicky K. Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful venue

We got married here this October. West Branch Resort is a beautiful and unique venue. Matt is a true professional and cares deeply about his work. He made eveything perfect. He was helpful every step of the way- from initial planning to the wedding day. He even kept the rain away for us :)
    The food was delicious and the Cabins were great-- wish I could move in! We heard only good things from guests that stayed for our wedding weekend.
    Julie D. Married on 08/10/2019

Effortless and perfect

Matt was a pleasure to work with. Every inch of the facility was perfect for our wedding weekend. We cannot stop getting calls from people saying “that was the best wedding I’ve ever been too” can’t wait to head back there for our anniversary
    Paige Married on 07/27/2019

The Wedding of our Dreams!

I have to toast to Matt, the owner of West Branch Resort for helping my husband and I to create the most memorable and fantastic wedding weekend. We had ~100 guests stay on site in cabins for the weekend which I cannot recommend enough! On Friday night, Matt helped us to host a BBQ onsite and then we were led down a tiki torch path to the most amazing bonfire!! Saturday, the day of the wedding, was seamless with Matt in charge. Matt was incredibly flexible with any sort of vision we had, and we ended up having our ceremony outside on the lawn, cocktail hour on the deck, dinner inside the restaurant, and the dance floor on the deck outside covered by a tent! SO BEAUTIFUL and Matt and his team are fantastic. My husband and I wanted a wedding that really was personal and represented who we are, and I cannot thank Matt enough from the bottom of my heart for making that come to life. BOOK THIS VENUE!!!!!!
    Andrew T. Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded every expectation

From start to finish the staff at west branch was excellent and beyond accommodating. My wife and I could not be happier about how the entire event turned out. Food was great, everyone had fun. It’s a special place because there is so much to do while there, including relax. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a venue
    Andrew T. Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded every expectation

• Jessica
    Jessica G. Married on 09/29/2018

Our experience with West Branch

Our wedding weekend at West Branch was everything we could have dreamed of. We felt right at home. In a quiet town in NY, you feel like you are in another state, on a property that is all yours for the weekend. West Branch is flexible, accommodating, easy to work with and will help you with whatever you need. The owner Matt is fantastic. The venue is beautiful, the food is incredible, and the service is great. I am so happy we chose West Branch for our special day - it was truly a dream come true. I HIGHLY recommend!!!
    Courtney Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect wedding weekend

West Branch Angler Resort absolutely exceeded my expectations for our wedding weekend. We were married there on September 22, 2018. The setting fit our style and outdoor lifestyle perfectly. They were very flexible with all requests through the entire planning process. Getting across to some family members that we were getting married at a fishing resort with cabins was tough, until they arrived and realized these are not rustic cabins with limited amenities cabins. They are very nicely furnished and have everything you need. Except long mirrors, which was not a surprise since it is primarily a resort for fisherman. We had all the cabins rented for our wedding. We had about 80 guests which fit nicely and gave us the flexibility to use indoor and outdoor spaces. The staff were always welcoming and helpful to all our guests. We had a Friday Welcome BBQ near the river with a fire pit for smores. Saturday ceremony was near the river framed perfectly by trees. Our dinner was inside the restaurant followed by live band and dancing on the tented deck and covered porch. This was the perfect destination wedding for our group. Our family and friends are still commenting on how much fun the whole weekend was. Thank you Matt and to the entire West Branch Staff.
    Marcy Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing wedding venue AND weekend getaway

The decision to have our wedding at West Branch Resort was one of the best we've ever made. Manager and owner, Matt Batschelet, took so much stress out of the planning process along with making sure everything went as planned on wedding day. The entire staff at West Branch were extremely friendly and professional, making us feel like we were part of their family by the end of the weekend. As far the venue itself goes... beautiful, clean, secluded. We wanted a venue that made our wedding feel like a weekend away and West Branch delivered above and beyond. They're also dog friendly, a must considering we wanted our two goldens to be part of our special day!
    Matt and all the West Branch staff, thank you so much for organizing and delivering our perfect, once in a lifetime weekend!
    ~Marcy and Shane~
    9-15-18
    Bethany Married on 09/02/2018
    We just had our wedding here on September 2nd 2018. Both the groom and I as well as all of our guests I could not possibly say enough good things about this then you. The staff is absolutely amazing, especially Matt. You will not be let down if you choose this place as your Venue. It's in an absolutely gorgeous setting, everything is so convenient, and all of the staff is so accommodating. I would recommend West Branch resort to anyone getting married, again and again. We absolutely loved it.
    Tanya Married on 08/25/2018
    My Husband and I had our wedding here in August 2018. The place was absolutely beautiful. We had the best weekend with our family and friends. At first we were so worried because we are actually from Michigan and were having our wedding in New York. I will say that Matt completely made us feel like everything was going to be alright. He helped us so much in the planning process. We had many phone conversations and even got to sit down with him in person twice. The staff at West Branch was exceptional they decorated the venue with all our stuff we brought and helped make my visions of what I wanted come true. The Cabins we rented were amazing. I honestly can't say how much I love them. My husband and I stayed in the CEO cabin and I didn't want to leave. If I could have moved there I would have it was so amazing. We rented the pavilion and had the bon fire on the back 40. We are so glad we decided to do it. It helped all our guest relax and get to know each other before the actually wedding night. Before Fridays Party our family has never met eachother do to living in different states. So it was nice to see both of our aunts and uncles and friends all talking around the HUGE campfire and having fun. All in All I can say this was the best weekend of my life. I would recommend this place to literally everyone I knew who was getting married. We absolutely love it and everyone who came with it!!!
    Larissa Married on 08/11/2018
    We just had our wedding here on August 11,2018! Matt was absolutely amazing. He worked so hard to give us exactly what we wanted and has been through the process countless times. Giving him the experience to take on anything that came at him. He was very flexible and his main goal was to make us happy. And he did just that! Thank you to everyone at west branch for making this a weekend to remember forever!! We will back !
    Tyler Married on 07/28/2018
    Just had our wedding at West Branch a couples weekends ago and it was a dream come true!!! Matt made sure everything went off without any issue. I even gave him a bunch of random decorations and he set them up to look absolutely beautiful! The Friday BBQ was exceptional and the bonfire will be talked about for years to come!! All of our guests keep saying what a fabulous weekend they had enjoying the grounds and activities. I highly recommend having your family rent out the entire place, it was the most fun we all had in a long time! Book this place, you will never forget the most special weekend of your life!!!!
    Lindsey Married on 07/21/2018
    We needed a place for our wedding that was affordable, had places to stay, but was still close enough for friends and family to just come for the wedding. West branch was the only venue we visited and I knew right away this was the place for us to have our celebration. The decor of the West Branch matched our lifestyle and we loved the ability to have a full weekend experience starting with a Friday night bbq to welcome our guests to our weeekend. The cabins were beautiful and easily accommodated over 100 of our 165 wedding guests wishing to stay the weekend. Matt was so helpful during the year of planning and went above and beyond on our wedding weekend. The food was exceptional, the staff attentive, and the scenery beautiful. Matt and his staff set everything up for us using the decorations we provided as well as took all of the decorations down. Many of our guests kept asking how we found the West Branch because they were so impressed. There is not one thing I would change from our wedding and wish we could do it ever and over again!!
    Megan Married on 07/06/2018
    Matt and his staff were amazing!! They were very responsive to emails/phone calls and made our wedding day very stress-free! I would HIGHLY recommend West Branch to anyone! The views and grounds are beautiful and all our guest kept coming on how lovely the cabins were!
    Nicole Married on 06/30/2018
    We had our wedding at West Branch on 6/30/18 and cannot recommend this venue highly enough. We knew we were in for a great weekend, but Matt and his team blew all of our expectations out of the water. From first booking through reservations through the weekend of and even after, both us and our guests were met with a level of service, generosity and kindness that is nearly impossible to find. The weekend was executed flawlessly and our guests are still raving about the venue, the accommodations, the food, the staff and the bonfire (have the bonfire if it’s in your budget, you won’t regret it!!). Many of our guests are planning their own trips back to West Branch for vacation and even family reunions. We were all treated like family from start to finish and can’t wait to return to relive the magic that was our wedding weekend.
    Cameron Married on 06/23/2018
    Matt and his staff at West Branch were absolutely amazing to work with. From our very first visit, my wife and I knew we were in good hands. Every detail was taken care of and we had a great time. The venue is perfect for those couples looking for a country setting where you can enjoy yourself for a weekend. If you are a couple looking for a wedding venue in the Binghamton area, definitely take a good look at West Branch Angler Resort...you will not be disappointed!
    Paige Married on 06/16/2018
    My husband and I had an incredible experience with this venue. Not only were the grounds beautiful, but the staff took care of us the entire weekend and the wedding planner took our ideas and created the wedding of our dreams! It was also wonderful having our wedding party and guests stay in the on-site cabins. It turned our into a weekend away, full of fun! We definitely recommend this venue for all, but especially for those who enjoy the outdoors!
  • Y
    Young Married on 10/07/2017
    The West Branch Resort was honestly amazing. They made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They took care of every need we had and were always willing to assist us! The cabins were awesome and the reception room looked so good!! We were very pleased and would recommend the West Branch to anyone. Matt and the manager at the restaurant were especially helpful!!! :)
    Cathleen Married on 09/29/2017
    As the mother-of-the-bride, my biggest wish was that my daughter could relax and be certain that the staff would make sure her day was the best. When at the end of the weekend, she told me that she would not change anything, I knew the staff at the Angler had done everything possible to make her dreams about her wedding come true. Thank you!
    Shannon Married on 09/29/2017
    We had our wedding at the West Branch in Sept 2017 and were absolutely blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. We had what felt like sole use of the property for 3 full days (Thursday - Saturday), where almost everyone we encountered throughout the property were people that we knew and loved.

STAFF:
    Matt and the rest of the staff were phenomenal. I can't stress enough how AMAZING the entire staff was. So many of our wedding guests separately commented on how helpful the staff was before and during our weekend. We couldn't possibly praise them enough. My husband and I hired a wedding planner, but honestly don't think it was necessary in the end. Matt and his staff are more than capable of coordinating a wedding and helped make it everything we dreamed of.

WEDDING:
    As a wedding venue, the West Branch is unbelievably beautiful. We chose to get married under the pergola and the setting looked like it was straight out of a magazine. We chose to decorate the inside of the restaurant ourselves, but were so grateful that Matt and his staff were willing to help with whatever we asked, but were also more than willing to let us change around some of their decorations and make it our own.

FOOD:
    Over the course of the weekend, all of the food was delicious. We hosted breakfasts, two BBQ's, and the ceremony appetizers and dinner. Everything was amazing and all our guests commented on the great quality of every meal.

We have to credit the venue with the success of our entire weekend. The amount of our friends and relatives who are still talking about the event and the venue several weeks later is definitely a testament to that!!

We cannot wait to go back for family vacations in the future!!