Weddings and Events by Ruth Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Debbie
    Debbie B. Married on 06/06/2021

If you want it done right call Ruth

It was a pleasure to work with Ruth. She is very knowledgeable about the wedding market in Dallas. She’s very organized and kept us on track throughout the entire wedding planning process. She had a lot of great ideas we never would have thought of. I attribute the success of our wedding to her. If you’re looking for an exceptional wedding planner she’s the one.
    Debbie B - mother of the bride - June 6, 2021
    Brenda B. Married on 05/30/2021

Exceptional Service and Follow Up

Ruth was referred to us by friends who spoke very highly of her planning skills and "day of" organizational expertise. She was available day and night for fielding our questions or offering her suggestions and advice. She has close connections with many vendors and negotiated discounts on our behalf. It felt like Ruth was a true partner in the planning of our daughter's wedding!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie B. Married on 05/30/2021

Butnick-Kirshner Wedding 5/30/2021

We literally could not have survived our wedding without Ruth! She walked us through the whole process and created timelines for us that were updated as needed as we got closer. She was always available if we had questions. The day of the wedding everything was SEAMLESS, smooth, and perfect. It really was our dream wedding.
    Esther A. Married on 12/23/2020

Ruth Spirer

Due to the pandemic, we had to move our wedding to Texas, and Ruth expertly managed to help us plan the entire wedding in just 4 weeks! She really made our vision come to life and was such a pleasure to work with!
  • Brianna
    Brian M. Married on 12/05/2020

Ruth has you covered!

Prior to COVID, we set out to plan a 250+ person wedding from out of state. We initially chose a December date. Ruth helped us find the perfect venue that was not already booked with a holiday party for the date that we wanted. Ruth recommended amazing vendors (String Quartet, Band, Photographer, Florist, Videographer)! We had everything planned and booked...then everything changed with COVID. Ruth took care of the entire process of changing the date, resigning contracts for the venue and vendors for a future date, rebooking one of our vendors who was no longer in business. What could have been a nightmare, took very little effort for us because of Ruth.

Once we had our new date, Ruth held us to deadlines, sent us reminders, kept an up-to-date timeline of everything we needed to get done. We had limited weekends that we were able to come to Dallas and she made time in her schedule (often during nights and weekends) to meet us while we were in Dallas. When we were not able to come into town, she made herself available for Zoom calls and phone calls. She also arranged Zoom calls with our vendors to go over details in the months leading up to the wedding.

When it comes down to the details, there is no one who does it better! Some of the things that stood out to us in addition to everything we already mentioned were Ruth came to each dress fitting, Ruth arranged for Kosher meals including Kosher china and silverware for some of our guests for each meal throughout the weekend, and Ruth worked constantly with the venue and florist to make every detail of our dream wedding perfect.

From day one of planning through the day after your event, Ruth has you covered!
    Michal K. Married on 09/13/2020

Exceptional service and value

Ruth is an amazing, professional and very pleasant wedding planner!
    For my daughter’s wedding, she has held our hands from the beginning, helped us hire the best vendors, negotiate when needed, reminded us to do things, went with us over the to-do lists as needed.
    On the wedding day (ceremony only for now due COVID), Ruth has made sure the place is completely ready, the vendors are synchronised, all is in place, and us (the family), know what/when/where to be at all time.

My daughter’s wedding ceremony was just perfect, and I have Ruth to thank for.
    Can’t wait to continue the reception planning next year with Ruth!
  • Melissa
    Melissa B. Married on 05/24/2020

2021 Bride

Ruth is fantastic! She is organized, prepared, and thinks of things you would have never thought of! She made my big day run so smoothly! She was such a worthwhile investment! You want her to coordinate your wedding.
  • Kayley
    Kayley R. Married on 01/05/2020

Very Knowledgeable Wedding Planner

We hired Ruth for her á la cart services to hire vendors and coordinate the day of our wedding. Her connections with local vendors is top notch and and she helped us make great planning decisions. On the day of the wedding, we were able to just enjoy our celebration because Ruth and her team had all of the details under control. Thank you, Ruth!
    Shani R. Married on 01/05/2020

Great service, knowledge, and organization!

We are so glad we hired Ruth to help us plan and organize my daughter's recent wedding.
    One of the best things was her referral to great vendors! Knowing she had worked with them prior set our mind at ease. Ruth helped us create a timeline for the wedding day which was so very important-- each detail resulted in a perfect flow of the wedding. In addition, her list of what to do each month prior to the wedding was very helpful as was her coordinating details with the vendors. I would recommend her highly!
  • Marilyn
    Marilyn C. Married on 09/15/2019

Ruth was the best decision ever!

It is hard to put into words how pleased we were with Ruth Spirer. She helped us from beginning of the planning to end of the reception. She made the entire process easy as she made vendor suggestions (all were wonderful) and guided us in keeping to a timeline. She made sure that every detail was perfect. Nothing was overlooked and the bride, groom and the families were sure it was the best wedding ever because of Ruth. Her help and guidance were invaluable. She organized details we never even considered. The wedding was like a dream and we were all able to relax and enjoy knowing we had Ruth!! Our guests had a great time and it was a day we will always remember. Thanks so much, Ruth
  • Anne
    Anne Married on 09/04/2019

The Bride and Groom thought they had the PERFECT wedding

I have and will continue to recommend Ruth. She is great to work with. In our situation, the bride and groom had specific ideas about the kind of wedding they wanted, but they lived out of state, had busy professional lives, and little time to dedicate to planning the wedding. Ruth worked around their schedules and was able to plan a wedding that fulfilled the vision they shared. On the day of the wedding, everything proceeded without a hitch. It was wonderful.
  • Ellie
    Ellie Married on 09/01/2019

Ruth is amazing!

There is only one word to describe our wedding: perfection; and it was all thanks to Ruth and her team. Being an out-of-town couple, it can be challenging to articulate what you want and visualize how every piece comes together. Ruth understood and captured every possible detail we imagined.

When it comes to planning a Jewish wedding, Ruth’s expertise and knowledge is unbeatable. We can't thank her enough for making our wedding weekend celebration a huge success!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer S. Married on 08/03/2019

Ruth is amazing!!

Ruth is the most amazing wedding planner as well as compassionate person to help us create the most wonderful wedding day and experience for us and our loved ones. We are forever grateful for Ruth and her team; we will miss working with her!
  • Doris
    Doris Married on 07/14/2019

As the mother of the bride, I had an advocate in Ruth

I contacted Ruth several months after we started planning our daughter's wedding. I asked her to help us the day of the wedding and she said she doesn't work that way. She said no one can be very helpful if they step in the day of the event. It made sense and we hired her for the last 2 months. We are so glad we did!!!
    She helped with asking all kinds of questions I wouldn't have thought of, or would have thought of too close to the time of the wedding. She referred us to great vendors, who discounted their price because of their association with her. She was very responsive to all of our questions, even late at night! She was extremely helpful in collaborating with us to create a timeline that made sense for our individual needs. In addition, she was easy to work with and felt like an advocate for us. I would recommend her unequivocally.
    Michelle Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding, July 2019

Ruth was an absolute delight to work with from start to finish. We felt the support, professionalism, love and friendship to the point that we now consider Ruth a true friend. We highly recommend this amazing woman!
  • Ruthy
    Ruthy Married on 04/22/2019

Perfect wedding and Planner

I was planning my daughter’s wedding during the challenging,COVID-19 Pandemic and realized that I needed a partner in planning out a fairly complicated wedding. Once we were able to finalize a date, we hired Ruth. It was the best decision we made. Ruth had only 3 weeks in which to help us finalize and pull off the wedding.
    We had the Perfect Wedding! It was a beautiful, intimate, and fun Wedding . We were able to share this special day with many of our family and friends on Live Stream. Ruth was able to help us coordinate all the Vendors and keep us focused on moving plans along. She was warm, knowledgeable and interested in learning what the Bride and Groom wanted. Ruth is goal oriented and pays attention to every detail. When the wrong table linens were delivered for the Reception she stayed on the phone till the company delivered the correct ones.
    The Day of the Wedding ran smoothly and I was able to enjoy the wonderful celebration , knowing that Ruth was handling all the necessary details.
  • I
    Ira G. Married on 03/15/2019

Father of the Groom

The wedding was maticulously organized and a great success. Ruth was the foundation behind the entire process and he help was terrific! I highly recommend her to anyone seeking expertise with such a memorable event.
    Steven G. Married on 03/10/2019

Great Wedding Planner

We spent a year working with Ruth to help us plan our wedding. She really helped us set a timeline to make sure we had everything for our special day. She made us aware of many little details you don’t even think about when first planning a wedding. Ruth provided some great contacts for vendors that people raved about at our wedding. She really helped out in dealing with vendors as we got closer to the day of and handled all of the planning and scheduling on the wedding day to make sure we were not bothered and could focus on having a great day. She did so much behind the scenes and allowed us to relax and enjoy. Our friends and family had such a great time, and the event was a success and a day we will remember forever – thanks Ruth!
  • Marissa
    Marissa S. Married on 03/02/2019

Perfection and Beauty Don't Even Do Ruth Justice!

The MOST incredible day of my life!
    ...That's what everyone wants for their wedding day, right? To be able to look back and remember, not only the wedding ceremony and reception to be wonderful, but the whole wedding journey and process in its entirety, to be just as great.

Yes, my entire experience with Ruth goes beyond any person I have every worked with before. She was able to understand exactly what I wanted, was able to help me create the vision I had always dreamed of, and the knowledge she brought to every meeting allowed me to feel more than comfortable, but an ease I just can't put into words.

Trust does not come lightly, especially when it's an important event that you put such high exceptions on, but her confidence, organization, professionalism, and preparation never had me worrying for a second.
    She wasn't just acting as my wedding planner, but as a woman who took the time to know all the ins and outs of what I wanted; details on literally everything... from venues, to florists, to linens, all the way to providing excellent suggestions with chair covers, and she had the ability to step back and see things I didn't even think notice or think about!

Most of all, what made her different from any other person I have ever worked with, was her genuinity and warmth in making me feel like I wasn't just another wedding to her, but that my wedding and my day meant just as much to her as it did me... Now THAT'S a wonderful feeling!

My wedding was undoubtedly THE best day of my life, and if I could, I would relive it over and over again- this wouldn't have been possible without the lovely and brilliant, Ruth Spirer!

Thank you for making my day what I had always wished it would turn out to be! Unforgettable, perfection, and beauty don't even do it justice! XOXO
    Happy Married on 09/30/2018
    Ruth was such a valuable asset to our big day! She helped transform our unique vision from start to finish. She is very detail-oriented and really listens and tries to understand her client. We couldn’t have done it without her! We highly recommend Ruth and her team!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect Wedding Day with the Perfect Planner!

Ruth was amazing! Every last detail was taken care of! She connected us with amazing vendors and was so easy to work with! If something didn't look right or feel right, she fixed it! Ruth is very detail oriented and has a great eye. The week of, she visited the hotel twice to make sure everything was perfect for our day. There was not one thing I would have changed about my wedding. Ruth made sure it was beautiful down to every last detail. And it was perfect thanks to Ruth and her team.
    John Married on 06/23/2018
    Ruth was awesome. This was challenging since this event was out of town. Ruth coordinated and managed every detail to perfection.
    Jennifer Married on 06/23/2018
    Ruth just helped my parents plan their 50th wedding anniversary vow renewal. It was a phenomenal event. She did an excellent job especially considering the event was out of state. It was all executed exceptionally!
    Shayna Married on 06/03/2018
    My husband and I both lived away from the city in which we got married. Ruth was essential in translating our vision for the wedding and communicating between my parents and us. She kept us on top of things with up to date to do lists and meticulously verified every detail. The day of the wedding was amazing! The venue was transformed from what we were used to seeing and everything flowed smoothly - All thanks to Ruthie :)
    Aviva Married on 06/03/2018
    Ruth is a dedicated and professional wedding planner. We were so very pleased with Ruth; She transformed a mediocre venue into a wedding and reception that exuded elegance and class, all the while pleasing all the parties (including out of town bride and groom) and making it effortless for all of us so that we could enjoy the day.