53 Reviews for Weddings and Events by Ruth

Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Cultural (2)
Non-Religious (1)
53 Weddings and Events by Ruth Reviews

We love Ruth! We hired Ruth for Month before/day of duties, but was meeting with her at least three months before. The success is in the details, and we had a lot of specific instructions the night of. Ruth understood our complex vision and was very quick at responding via text and emails. Ruth was excellent at suggesting vendors, and she knows about a lot of them at different price points. I would highly suggest Ruth and her team and want to thank her for everything!

Profile Picture Scott, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I walked into my wedding not having to worry about a thing. Ruth was on top of everything and was very sweet towards me even if I was a little snappish or anxious. She really took care of everything in advance so all I had to do was show up and everything went perfectly and smoothly. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. If you are looking for a wedding planner, she really is the very very best at her job.

Profile Picture Victoria, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

10/22/17-We hired Ruth and her team a year from our wedding date since we knew planning would be overwhelming and stressful. Ruth set up our wedding timeline, helped make sure we stayed within our budget, assisted in finding and working with our vendors, and most importantly melted of our stress and worries away. Ruth was there for us from start to finish; from helping us figure out how to make our dream wedding possible (in a budget) to helping us find and decide on vendors to mediating a mother/daughter argument every now and then. Ruth made us feel like we were her only clients (even though of course we weren’t!) We were so relieved to have found a planner that is supportive, responsive, knowledgeable, attentive to detail, listened to our needs and wants, and on top of EVERYTHING! This was extremely reassuring to us, and because of this, we knew we didn’t need to stress on the wedding day. We trusted Ruth and her team to deliver, and boy did she ever! Our day was perfect, and it truly wouldn’t have been as perfect without Ruth, her team, and our vendors that Ruth recommended. As far as everyone saw (including us), everything went smoothly! At times, we wondered how Ruth was EVERYWHERE the day of the wedding (Really! She was everywhere we looked! We truly believe she might actually be Superwoman!)
Ruth was not only our wedding coordinator; she is now a part of our family!!

-Ellis and Laura Shwarts (and the whole Matisoff and Shwarts family!!)

Profile Picture Laura, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I are still in the afterglow of my daughter and son in law's recent strikingly beautiful wedding. We were so fortunate to have Ruth as our wedding planner. She is a seasoned professional with a warm engaging personality. Our journey with Ruth began months before the big day, as she helped the engaged couple develop a wedding day vision that would truly reflect their personality. To make that dream a reality we worked with Ruth's outstanding list of vendors with whom she has established a warm rapport with over the years. Each one said that Ruth is amongst the very best and most respected in her field. Through the entire process, with so many decisions to make and details to attend to, Ruth was continually available as our trusted advisor, confidant and advocate. Thanks to Ruth and her dedicated team, the day of the wedding flowed so smoothly. Ruth was there to oversee everything from beginning to end. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect start to our daughter and son in law's life together. If you want stress free wedding planning with a beautiful wedding day outcome, I highly recommend Ruth as your wedding planner. As my daughter said, "It will be even more than you could have ever imagined."

Profile Picture Linda, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth promised us a day we would never forget and then she delivered! She was so detail oriented and made sure that every single detail was planned and run by us so that the day of, nothing went wrong. Ruth helped us select all of our vendors (all of which we LOVE) and she took care of everything from meetings to communication about the timeline. If I had to do it over again, I would hire Ruth in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture stephanie, 6/11/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Ruth promised me the day of the wedding that I would not be responsible for anything...and she was right. Her two assistants were right on! They really catered to all of our needs that day. So so pleased with how everything turned out! Great experience!

Profile Picture Elysia, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My sister got married last week at a 300-person wedding at Temple Emanuel. I saw first hand how Ruth managed the logistics and kept the bride and groom focused on family and friends. She did a great job. She had printed out schedules for everyone and directed the show when she needed to and stayed out of the spotlight at other times. She brought my sister's vision to life. I write Ruth this review for 2 reasons. A) She was also involved in my older sister's wedding 10 yrs ago, so I feel as if my family has a lot of experience with her B) I was married 1.5yrs ago (in another state), so from that experience could see areas my own wedding planner was lacking, and could notice how much better Ruth was.

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth is the most professional, flexible, and superb wedding planner we could have wished for. She is superbly organized and didn't bother unless it was important or necessary. She prepared a timeline and executed every detail to perfection. It took the stress off the wedding and allowed us much time to spend with family and close out-of-town friends. She also negotiated good pricing with vendors and coordinated well with the caterer and all the staff at Temple. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Claire, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

We hired Ruth for a partial wedding package since we had already booked a lot of our vendors when we came to her. She went above and beyond this in every way imaginable. She is extremely detailed and made sure everything went exactly as we wanted. Even though the wedding was in Fort Worth and she's based in Dallas (about an hour drive apart), she made several trips out to Fort Worth to check out and meet with the venues. She met with us numerous times prior to the wedding, and always for as long as we needed, we were never rushed. By the time the day came, she knew exactly our tastes and priorities, and we were able to hand everything over to her and just enjoy the day. It was obvious that she truly cared about us and making our day perfect. Everything at the ceremony and reception was just what we wanted (and some things even better), and went off so smoothly under her detailed direction. Every vendor she recommended was also excellent and very experienced-I felt like the vendors we got through her were of a higher caliber and experience level than I ever expected to get within our budget. Although I'm sure she could do any wedding well, her knowledge of Jewish weddings far exceeded any other planners that we met with, including other ones who specialize in Jewish Weddings. Ruth was absolutely instrumental in making sure everything was included and executed perfectly.

On the day of the wedding she brought 2 assistants who were both wonderful as well. We didn't have to lift a finger or think about a thing and were able to just enjoy it. We knew we were in excellent hands with Ruth. Ruth and her team really exceeded our already high expectations and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner, whether from start to finish, or partial like us. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Kate, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Ruth is an army of one! She gave her personal and professional best. The bride was able to enjoy her special day and we, the parents also knew we could relax because Ruth handled everything for us including vendor arrangements, wandering bridal party members and hotel staff. She is The Best!

Profile Picture Kerrie, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth was incredible, she truly brought my vision to life. Ruth's experience, creativity, and dedication to our wedding made it the BEST wedding ever, she considered every detail and pulled it all together. I know Ruth had several weddings and brides she was working with during my engagement but it felt like her world revolved around my wedding, and it meant so much to me and my family. She's now part of my family and we can't wait to celebrate the next event with her!

Profile Picture Abby, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would definitely recommend Weddings and Events by Ruth. She was extremely helpful and supportive through the entire planning process, from selecting the venue and vendors to the day of the event. I was able to thoroughly enjoy my daughters wedding and not worry about a thing that day.

Profile Picture Linda, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth was a wonderful wedding planner/coordinator throughout the whole process of planning the very best day of my life! She offers 3 levels of service to her clients which allows for a lot of flexibility for those brides that already have a specific vision and who may want to plan the big stuff on their own; offering different levels also helps meet the needs of different wedding budgets. She will provide as much or as little aid during planning as the bride desires; and the team she brings on the wedding day is absolutely wonderful. Ruth has a reputable list of vendors but is always open to new ideas and vendors as well. She makes sure her clients are comfortable with all the vendors and specifics of each contract. One of Ruth's biggest strengths is her ability to manage logistics of the big day. She made everything seamless and takes away any worry or concern for the couple and their families. Ruth was especially sweet and understanding during any bridal meltdowns that occurred during the planning process. Ruth is extremely professional and by the end of the wedding night she feels more like family. I can't imagine sharing my special day with anyone else.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth made all of the decision making seamless and everything came off flawlessly. She has great vision! She is really great at helping you with where to put your dollars for the most impact. She has excellent resources for vendors, and works well with everyone-vendors, bride and groom, and mother of the bride. Excellent choice to help you plan your most important day.

Profile Picture User7375110, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth was great from start to finish. Very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7408657, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth was amazing in helping my my groom and me plan our perfect wedding, especially with us being in a completely different city. All of the vendors she suggested to my family and me over this past year were amazing. We couldn't have had such a great time and perfect day without her help!

Profile Picture Ariana, 6/26/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

From the beginning, Ruth was ready to create a personalized wedding just for Ariana and Matthew. She wanted to know who they were, how they meet, what was important to them and what they wanted for their special day. Ruth was there every step of the way, from locating the perfect venue (which we tried to do on our own - to no avail) to running an exquisitely wedding day that showed off who the couple was and why they were unique.

Ruth is passionate about celebrating the couple’s individuality and helps find venders that will bring out the uniqueness for that special day. Her network of vendors is excessive. She is extremely organized, efficient, and helped all of us stick to a timeline. Ruth has the entire process streamlined and easy to follow, she understood the kids vision and I knew we could trust her with all of the details.

The Friday before the wedding she to the house and picked up everything needed for their special day, so nothings would be left behind. We had a list of what we needed to bring and were ready to go for Sunday, two days early. Which helped since we had guest arriving for Shabbat Dinner in a few hours.
On Sunday morning, things couldn’t have gone smoother. She handled all the logistics behind the scenes so family and friends could enjoy this special day stress free. I couldn’t imagine this dream wedding without her.

“Thank you Ruth for being the best Wedding Planner, your help and now friendship was so very appreciated.”

Profile Picture Robin, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Cultural, Religious

Ruth helped us realize all our dreams and we could never have managed without her.

Profile Picture Rivka, 5/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Ruth is a consummate professional. Her guidance and preparation made our affair flow smoothly and without problems. We were able to enjoy my daughters wedding without worrying about the details. We could not have selected a better wedding planner.

Profile Picture Alvin, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Cultural, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Ruth was absolutely key in the success and flawlessness of my wedding. She spent a year planning with my family and I, and provided advice and guidance along the way. Not only was every vendor she recommended great, the day of the wedding was carefree and stress-free for myself, the groom, and my entire family. Thank you Ruth for the great experience!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had the pleasure of using Ruth for two of our children and couldn't be happier with her professionalism and attention to detail. She helped turn both weddings into the perfect, magical day. We highly recommend hiring her!

Profile Picture Ilene, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines

Ruth was there for us from the early planning stages over a year and a half ago and right on through the wedding event! She was patient, concerned, understanding, detail-oriented, responsive and available. She met the significant challenges of communicating with and working with the bride and groom who live 1200 miles away! She is very knowledgable and a pleasure to work with! I would recommend Ruth without reservation.

Profile Picture User5645580, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony

Ruth was invaluable in my opinion. She was quick to get back to me if I had any questions. She took lots of notes because she didn't want to make any mistake in what was wanted for my daughter's wedding.
We were planning an outdoor ceremony, but two days before the wedding those plans needed to be changed. It started raining and was to continue until the day after the wedding. Ruth switched gears. The ballroom for the reception was now where the ceremony was to be held also. Everything was beautiful and the transition was seamless.
Thank you, Ruth.

Profile Picture User5566146, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ruth started a year and half journey with my parents and me as our wedding planner and ended the journey as a "fourth" member of our family. She patiently walked us through one of the most stressful and crazy times in a woman's life. From attending every vendor meeting with us, to the late night calls or texts to calm my nerves, or the countless meetings at my parents office, she did it all with a smile on her face. :) She knew just what to say to calm my nerves.

Every bride has her own unique vision and dreams for her big day, and Ruth makes sure that both become a reality. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect for my wedding.

My parents, in-laws, husband and I were all told by numerous people during the reception and after the wedding that it was the best wedding that they have ever attended. I am very confident that Ruth is the main reason I had the best wedding in not just my eyes but others too!

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Our dreams + Ruth's vision = the prefect wedding for our daughter! Our wedding was a dream come true! Ruth was absolutely fabulous planning every detail. We hired her to plan the entire wedding from start to finish. We could not have had the wedding we did without her guidance, knowledge and experience with wonderful vendors. She was always available and a delight to have working with us. She is a friend forever!

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/6/15, 1 Review