Weddings and Events By Kristin Reviews

105 Reviews for Weddings and Events By Kristin

• Sherril

Sherril Vincent · Married on 09/21/2019

Highest Possible Recommendation!

I am delighted to give Weddings and Events by Kristin my highest possible recommendation! 5 Stars isn’t enough to properly express the fantastic job that Kristin and her team did at my daughter’s wedding last weekend. We hired Kristin as soon as our daughter selected her date and venue, and she has been with us ever since with references to excellent vendors, timely advice, and planning. She and her lead assistant Gibson are enthusiastic and engaging, and bring great ideas for décor, timelines, etc. On the day of the wedding Kristin led a team of three of her staff taking care of everything imaginable – always one step ahead. Things went smoothly, even as we had to move the ceremony itself indoors due to rain, and they worked with the venue to still have cocktails outdoors immediately afterwards as the rain had stopped. The next day when we asked the new couple what some favorite memories of the day had been, one of them was the sense of confidence and calm that we all felt knowing that Kristin had everything under control. We were all happy and chill!

We need to mention Kristin’s great vendor recommendations: Bonita, the owner of Busy B’s Florals created arrangements that were even more beautiful than the pictures we had given her that were our inspiration, and better than anything we’d seen on Pinterest. The bridal bouquets were absolutely perfect, and our centerpieces of lanterns surrounded by greens and flowers were stunning. Our DJ, Rick was another fantastic recommendation. He was so personable and engaging, and knew how to read the crowd and keep people dancing. When the wedding ended at midnight nearly half of the guests were still there having fun! Another vendor recommended by Kristin was a graphic artist named Sara who created our invitations and day of event materials such as menus and place cards. Everything was unique and beautiful, and many guests commented on them.

I’m thrilled that we chose Kristin, and would recommend her highly to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Angela Puthenveetil · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing team!

Great team and amazing people to work with

Sent on 09/25/2019

Rocinda · Married on 08/10/2019

Must hire!! You won’t regret it!!

Words can’t describe how awesome this team is. I appreciate each and everyone on Kristin’s team for not only making our day perfect but being a shoulder to lean on even before the wedding day. My husband being diabetic needed to stay hydrated and they made sure he got his cranberry juice consistently! My venue was giving us a hard time about lemonade and Kristin and team without hesitation said “that’s all you want that’s easy we got you” they made my day with chick fil-a lemonade!!! My decorations were mainly made at home by my mother and they made sure to put everything up where I wanted and followed my exactly perfectly. If you need referrals for vendors they have you covered, contact your vendors, understand your wedding vision and help you carry it out, do you need your dress bustled no problem they got it covered, a shoulder to lean on when guest drive you nuts they got your back, RSVP’s not coming back on time they will make the calls for you to those late responders. I had customized coke bottles for every guest the team made sure those were put on the table! My day had craziness going on but the whole team made sure my husband and I didn’t see it or know about it. I couldn’t have gone through the day without them. When I say they have everything covered they do. This team will think of things you probably didn’t think was important and save you the hassle and frustration the day of. I appreciate them dearly and I consider them friends. I will definitely want their help with any other major events if they do them!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Roberta

Roberta Anglin · Married on 07/13/2019

The BEST choice I made for my wedding!

If you are having doubts on whether or not you actually "need" this service the answer is YES! Turns out quite a few of my family members thought I was spending money needlessly on a day-of-coordinator and yet each one of them came up to me after the wedding to say how incredible Kristin and her team was! They help with so much more than I ever expected.

My entire day from start to finish ran so smoothly and if there were any hiccups I knew nothing about them which is exactly the point. Also I was happy in knowing that all of my family and friends could enjoy themselves without having to help me remember various things throughout the day. Give yourself the peace of mind and go with Kristin and her team. They are outgoing, reliable, organized and really fun to work with!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2019

Don’t get married without them!

I was about a month out from my bridal shower when I reached out to Kristin and her team for help. I was overwhelmed with making sure everything was done and perfect and did not want to be going through the same thing right before my wedding. Kristin and I spoke and she introduced me to Gibson. After taking to them both I already felt so much better so I decided to hire them on. We made a plan to meet and review where I was at and go over the wedding plans. I had already done almost everything. I just needed the reassurance that what I was doing would actually work. Did I have enough decor? Did my color scheme work? Was my dream enough to be a reality. I met with the ladies and they made me feel so much better about my big day! As time went on I started to question hiring them. It wasn’t a small amout of money and I had done almost all of the work myself. Then my wedding day came... I do not know what I would have done without Kristin, Gibson, Allen and Jessica. Every single time I turned one of them was right there next to me. Whether it was giving me water, directing us to the next thing on our timeline, making sure we were ok or just knowing what to do when things went wrong, they were perfect!!!! Oh, and if you need to bustle a dress - these are your girls!! I don’t know what we would have done without them. There are so many small hiccups that can happen, especially when having an event with 300 people. My day was made whole because of their professionalism and efficiency. If you want your wedding to be more than perfect, hire this team.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Peter

Peter Bernardi · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely amazing

There really isn’t enough that I can say about Kristin and her team. They made the day perfect and a total dream. I can’t recommend them enough for every event especially weddings. I really don’t know how we would have survived without them!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/01/2019

Legit angels

Kristin and her team are a bride-to-be’s dream. PLEASE snag them up before hundreds of other brides. They are so well organized and fantastic at taking the lead and making myself (the bride) feel like I can truly kick back and relax before, during, and after the wedding. They truly made the vision of myself, Peter, and my mother come to life. Special shoutout to Gibson for designing such stunning decor, Alan for keeping me calm and holding my bouquet, and Shannon for helping fix my hair throughout the night. We are so blessed by all of you!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Patricia · Married on 06/01/2019

Kristin and team made our dream a reality!

Hiring Kristin was the best decision we made regarding our daughter’s wedding! Anyone who is lucky enough to book Kristin will not regret the decision. She and her team are organized, creative, supportive and kind. She understands how to work with a diverse group of vendors and how to make the bride and MOB relaxed. Thank you, Kristin, Gibson, Alan and Shannon - you are the BEST!!!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 05/24/2019

Truly Exceptional! Kristin and her team are top notch. I wouldn't even think of working with anyone else in the future.

Kristin and her staff were remarkable! Every question and concern we had before, during and after the event was addressed efficiently. Kristin is knowledgeable, compassionate, well-prepared and thoughtful.
    I enjoyed every minute of our daughter's wedding--she and her staff took care of EVERYTHING!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Madeleine

Madeleine Storm · Married on 05/24/2019

wedding planner

I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding, and having Kristin and her team help us out was truly one of the best decisions we made! Everyone on her team is so genuinely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They put everyone at ease, and it was a relief to not have all of the coordinating responsibilities on our shoulders, especially on the actual day, so we could focus on enjoying the day. They are on top of everything, and while it seemed extravagant to us at first to hire a wedding planner, we actually saved money because Kristin has great connections and helped us find reasonable deals. She really works to make it the wedding YOU envision. She isn't controlling and doesn't interfere but is so responsive and is always helping to send you in the right direction. My sister (the bride) lived multiple states away during the planning, but that ended up being no problem with Kristin's assistance and the flexibility of all the lovely vendors she set us up with and their eagerness to make it work for us. I really can't say enough good things about Kristin, and she has hired a team that is just as wonderful as she is. They were so attentive both in the planning period leading up to the wedding and especially on the actual day. We are so grateful for how smoothly my sister's wedding went because of Kristin and her team.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Michael Siadak · Married on 05/24/2019

Professional, organized, and friendly.

My wife and I were planning our wedding from across the country. We hired Kristin due to a referral and couldn't have been more happy with the results. Prior to the wedding, Kristin was able to refer quality wedding vendors that we were very happy with, including a florist and a DJ. On the day of the wedding, Kristin and her team helped make the whole day go off without a hitch. My wife and I had at least one staff member assigned to us at all times to make sure that the night was going smoothly, from scheduling to making sure that our drinks were full and that we received all of our hors d'oeuvres even though we were busy greeting the guests. A+!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Melissa Sullivan · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing experience, from a guests perspective

I was a guest at a wedding last night. The bride and groom worked with Kristin to plan the wedding. The groom was initially unsure about hiring a wedding coordinator, but throughout their engagement I kept hearing from the him how much he liked working with Kristin. He repeatedly told me how absolutely helpful she was. And how much time it saved them to have someone to work with who knew what they were doing.

So as a someone who loves weddings and always wished she could be a wedding planner I was very eager to see Kristin in action. (By Kristin I mean her and her team) Let me tell you they did not disappoint!

Starting with the rehearsal they were the first ones there. And were ready to go! They helped with staging the wedding party for the processional and worked with the church staff. When the church staff had other ideas that were not in line with the bride and grooms, Kristin helped to see the bride and groom’s wishes be met and did so with grace. I even approached her at the rehearsal with a last minute favor for a surprise for a bridesmaid. Kristin did not know me and could have easily said no but she was very gracious and very willing to set up some special items at the bridesmaid’s seat at the reception.
    The ceremony was perfect and Kristin and her team blended in perfectly. Arriving at the reception all of the couples individualized details were set up. The room look beautiful. Kristin and her team worked very hard throughout the night to ensure the bride and groom had everything they needed. They stayed until the very end to pack up and deliver gifts and other items back to the hotel where the wedding party were staying.

I chatted with several of the team throughout the night and each one was polite, professional, and fun. Overall from a guests perspective they blended in perfectly doing all the “behind the scenes” work that usually family/friends of the bride and groom are asked to do. There was a very organic flow to how they worked. I was truly amazed by them! I will definitely be recommending them to any and all future brides or grooms.

Oh and a perfect example of how they went above and beyond...one of the guests ripped his pants during the reception. I am not sure who on the team it was, but one of the team had him go into the bridal suite, then took his pants and sewed them for him. She gave him privacy and helped him keep his dignity. And this was a guest not part of the wedding party. So they are not only here from the bride and groom they are here for anyone.
    Absolutely amazed by all of them!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Katie Akin · Married on 05/03/2019

Fantastic wedding

They where truly amazing . Out daughters wedding was amazing due to these fantastic people . Highly highly recommend.. we would give them million stars that’s how fantastic they where

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Jack

Jack Reilly · Married on 05/03/2019

Incredible Work

Kristin was absolutely outstanding. We had over 230 people attend our wedding. Kristin was on top of her game from day one. She responded to every email quickly and laid out everything we ever could have possibly imagined. When my wife initially brought up the idea of a wedding planner, I was initially apprehensive about getting one. It turned out to be EASILY the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding process. Kristin made sure everything was set up and the night moved fluidly. After dinner, everyone was having such a good time that our first dances got slightly delayed. Kristin made sure things got back on track and the night could not have been more perfect.

Kristin also comes with an army. We had no idea how amazing her staff would be. She handled the logistics for the entire day and made sure things moved smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without her. The day after the wedding, we slightly panicked because we thought my wife's necklace went missing. Of course, Kristin had it. My cousin split his pants after having fun on the dance floor. One of Kristin's employees literally sewed his pants in the bridal suite in the middle of the wedding.

Kristin's work is impeccable. There are not enough words to describe how important she was for our wedding. HIGHLY recommending her is a huge understatement.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Laura

Laura Pearl · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing! Worth their weight in gold!

Kristin and her team were a tremendous help to us. We are an older bride/groom (both 59) and have substantial business experience. We weren’t sure we needed a planner. Boy were we wrong! They suggested vendors, offered guidance and most importantly, kept everything running smoothly without involving us in problems or logistics. I cannot imagine having a wedding of any size without a planner of Kristin’s caliber. Highly energetic and professional team.

Sent on 04/21/2019

Bob Lilak · Married on 04/20/2019

Kristin & team were phenomenal

From numerous calls & emails during the planning stage, as well as in-person meetings, to full service the day of the wedding, Kristin’s team met our every need. They operated with the precision of a SWAT-team during the event, anticipating everything and responding immediately to any issue that arose. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Kevin · Married on 01/20/2019

Day of Coordinator

Kristin and her team made our wedding go so smoothly. We had quite a few vendors, and Kristin managed to take all the stress out of our hands, including when one of our vendors showed up an hour and a half late. If I were to do it over again, I would hire Kristin and her team at the beginning of our process as opposed to a day of coordinator.

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Tera

Tera · Married on 12/31/2018

Best Decision Ever!!!

I am a project manager by trade (control freak by nature) so planning the wedding was in my wheel house but I decided to hire a wedding planner for my wedding. Overall, I wanted to enjoy my day without worrying about making sure everything was set and running smoothly and I got so much more than that with Weddings and Events by Kristin. I met with Kristin almost two years before my wedding (we had a date change) and instantly felt comfortable with her company handling my day. I handled planning 90ish % of the wedding and worked with Kristin and Gibson (planner assigned to my wedding) for about 6 to 8 months prior to the wedding to pass along all the details. Both Kristin and Gibson were super responsive and ensured they understood my vision. As with all weddings, something will go wrong and with mine a bombed got dropped 3 days before my wedding (which was NYE) and my bartending company went out of business leaving me without booze, mixers, and bartenders. I immediately reached out and Kristin/Gibson were on it. Gibson called me within 5 minutes of me sending the email to assure me she had it all under control and she totally did. She had bartenders and booze taken care of within an hour of the scare leaving me to enjoy girl time with my mom and future MIL. GIbson even picked up the alcohol herself and brought it to the venue.

We had a non traditional wedding and the team was up for the challenge as there was a secret dress flip, saber of champagne bottle, walking down the aisle to Final Countdown. For a little more context we started with cocktails at 7:30pm, dinner at 8:30pm, then dancing, midnight toast (being NYE and all) and then had our ceremony at 12:05am, with more partying after the ceremony. Being the control freak I wasn't sure how I would handle the "big day" without knowing what was going on and come the day of, I didn't have a worry in the world as I knew the team was on it and would solve any other issues that would pop up. Knowing that everything was under control, I really enjoy a day with my girls having lunch, drinking bubbles, getting hair and make-up done and prepping for the party. Gibson and Veronica had everything ready to go when I arrived for the first look (prior to the guest arriving) and managing the whole evening with ease and poise. Both were super helpful, on top of everything, professional but made you so comfortable like you had known each other for years. My day was amazing and I would do it all over again but I attribute it to my amazing wedding planning team as without them, I would have went into the wedding weekend a hot mess and spent my night worrying about all the vendors, logistics, etc. I would use Weddings and Events by Kristin again and wish I could do it every year with them in the drivers seat.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to chat about further details of my experience with Weddings and Events by Kristin.

Sent on 01/27/2019

Vicki · Married on 12/31/2018

Outstanding job by Kristin and her team!

I worked with Kristin and her team to help plan my son's wedding. We first connected nearly a year before the big day and Kristin was always responsive, positive and determined to make the wedding day a success! She helped us select vendors and let us bounce many different ideas off her. She has excellent experience planning all types of events and is eager to make sure everything comes together smoothly on the big day. We mainly worked with Kristin and Allen but Gibson was involved in the early stages while working on registration and internet details. EVERY member of the team was helpful, friendly and eager to help from the first day we connected. Kristin never said no to any assistance we needed. The wedding was on New Year's Eve and life does get crazy at that time of year! Kristin took on extra work from us even during the holidays and genuinely seemed fine to accept the added work during the holiday week. When the big day arrived, we were ALL completely calm and confident the day would come together beautifully and it did! As the mother of the groom I truly felt like a guest at the wedding. I had significant involvement with planning from the very beginning but on their wedding day, I did not worry about a thing!! Kristin handled absolutely EVERYTHING on the wedding day. I KNEW Kristin, Allen and their team had all the bases covered! I was confident that if anything unexpectedly occurred they would handle the situation. The evening was fabulous! Kristin was always professional and attentive. She also worked well with the vendors. She does a wonderful job with coordinating everyone and building relationships with the families and vendors. I'd highly recommend Kristin, Allen, Gibson and their entire team. You can feel confident they will make sure your event comes together fantastically!

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Decision Ever!

During the beginning of the wedding planning process, I expressed to my (now) husband that the biggest fear I had for our wedding was that, on the actual day, I would be too stressed worrying about the little details to actually enjoy myself. After hearing that, Tim started searching Wedding Wire for a day-of coordinator with good reviews and at a reasonable cost. Finding Kristin was possibly the best planning move (and best investment) we made for our wedding! I CANNOT express how much of a joy it was to work with her! We initially met and began right away to plan out our schedule for the wedding day as well as discuss what we needed to get done by when. Kristin took all the guesswork out of our planning process. She was always quick to answer an email or a text message (even the week-of when I’d send multiple in a day). She was truly one of the greatest assets to making our day perfect. Not only was her knowledge of weddings and planning exceptionally helpful, she was also kind and always had our best interests in mind. It was always a joy to talk to Kristin on the phone and she was extremely encouraging and understanding when I was feeling stressed out. She and her team: created our timeline, touched base with all our vendors to finalize details before the wedding, met us at the rehearsal to make sure everyone knew their role, picked up our flowers from the florist, organized our wedding party for the photos at the church, set up the reception hall with all the centerpieces and decorations, checked my husband and I into our hotel room for the night-of, dropped off our belongings in our room, collected our decorations/gifts at the end of the reception, fixed my dress and held my flowers for me on multiple occasions, delivered multiple messages to multiple people for us throughout the evening, constantly communicated with us throughout the process, helped me keep my sanity, and probably did much more that I don’t even know about because the night and entire day ran so smoothly. The help didn’t stop there, the next couple of days she helped coordinate with my family to make sure we got all our things back and even dropped off the vases at the florists for us. I’m bummed out that the wedding is over, not only because the day itself was incredible, but also because I won’t be working with Kristin anymore. I would highly suggest her team to anyone getting married soon and looking for a day-of coordinator. Again, one of the BEST decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding. (Even my family and friends raved about how great the entire team was)!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Amy Sawyer · Married on 10/27/2018

Day-of Coordinator Review

My husband and I booked Kristin as our day-of coordinator, but she started helping us well before the day of! Kristin was always friendly, enthusiastic, and responsive. We had an in-person meeting about a month before the wedding, where we started to draft the timeline and go over the different vendors we were working with. Kristin then finalized the timeline with the vendors (venue, photographer, DJ, florist) so everyone was on the same page. She also called the guests who hadn't RSVP'd, which was very helpful and let me avoid some potential awkwardness. She and Alan attended our rehearsal the night before so they could help everyone stay on track at the ceremony. They also helped to hand out the ceremony programs and bubbles on the day of, which was great because we didn't have ushers. During the reception, Kristin and her team checked in on us just often enough, and they helped with the smallest details and questions we had. My husband really got along with Alan and appreciated how attentive he was. Gibson fluffed and straightened my train when we were outside for pictures, which she did without me even asking and I was glad to have someone there to do that. At the reception, I was surprised by how many guests told my husband and me how smoothly things were going--that seems like such a specific compliment to give, so they must have meant it! We had even more guests tell us that in the couple of weeks after. And we know that it was thanks to Kristin and her team. We are so happy with how our wedding went and would definitely recommend Kristin!

Sent on 11/11/2018

T. Larson · Married on 10/20/2018

Kristin and her team were WONDERFUL!

From Mother of the Bride - My daughter's wedding day was perfect and much of that was due to Kristin and her team! They were very accommodating, professional and paid attention to every detail. Thank you for all of your help!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Made Our Wedding Day Run Seamlessly

Kristin and her team were absolute gems. My husband and I could not have been happier with their service. Everyone was professional and helpful throughout our day, making sure we had everything we needed and that everything ran smoothly. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to any bride to be. Thank you Kristin!!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Eleanor · Married on 10/06/2018

Kristin and her team were absolutely incredible. Honestly, the day would not have run as smooth or successful without the help of this amazing team!! They helped take a ton of stress off of me, and although I didn't know it at the time, they were "putting out fires" behind the scenes. I'll never forget Gibson running around constantly helping me with/ fluffing my dress and straightening my husband's bow tie before every picture (as it just wouldn't stay straight!). She was awesome. I wasn't originally going to book a day-of coordinator, but I am so happy we did. One of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Mary · Married on 10/06/2018

I am the mother of groom who wanted to provide this service for our sons wedding. It was the first family wedding of the bride and groom so, none of us knew what to expect as far as wedding preparations go.
    We all agree, that contracting Events by Kristin was one of the best decisions that they made to help coordinate their day! Kristin and her coordinatiors worked with them from rehearsal to late into the reception. A couple months before the wedding she requested a list of all the vendors. By 2 weeks before the wedding she had contacted each vendor to confirm their specific duties and then she created a perfectly orchestrated timeline so the day would run smoothly.
    There are not enough adjectives to describe their professionalism. They are organized, friendly, fun, patient, and so adept at what they do. You can tell she loves her job and she puts so much time and energy making sure there is nothing you have to worry about on your big day.
    We highly recommend her for any affairs you need to plan. Engaged guests have already asked for her information. She is a dream! Love her!

Sent on 10/09/2018