Wedding Muse Reviews

117 | Culpeper, VA

117 Reviews for Wedding Muse

Jessica A. · Getting married on 01/01/2028

Phenomenal!

As our day-of wedding coordinators, Fabienne and her crew made our wedding day truly perfect and as seamless as anything I’ve ever experienced. They anticipated everything in terms of setup, managing the schedule, potential snafus or complications, and everything else—and thanks to their efficient professionalism and behind-the-scenes sleight of hand, we (the bride and groom) had only to follow their lead for a perfectly executed wedding day. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Fabienne was always on the ball, responsive and knowledgeable and well prepared, and equally importantly, always very kind and easy to work with. In short, Fabienne and her crew are absolutely top-notch and we’d hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

We enjoyed you guys so much. You had the perfect little plan for your wedding and trusted us to make it piece together. That is our ideal situation and it was a great party! Thank you!
  • Brooke

Brooke Y. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Expert coordinator & inspired florist

BLUF: Fabienne is an industry pro, a fierce advocate, a talented creative, and a kind person with integrity. Hire her and rest assured that you made an excellent choice.

Fabienne was everything we wanted and everything we had no idea that we needed. In a setting where COVID-19 changed many aspects of our wedding plans and her own workflow, Fabienne remained a constant, assuring presence. She made us feel like no detail was too small to be addressed and no question was irrelevant. Even with her having to reschedule many of her clients due to the pandemic, we never felt lost in the mix.

The wedding industry can be also overwhelming and opaque sometimes. Fabienne asked us questions about how we imagined our ideal wedding day and then helped us keep focus – and out of the rabbit holes of Instagram and Pinterest. Her network of other wedding professionals is extensive, and we took advantage. She also suggested helpful ways for us to save money and guided us as we tried to understand our wedding contracts.

Even though we postponed our larger celebration until 2021, Fabienne advised us on our micro-wedding and provided vibrant, luscious florals that elevated the whole setting. Her arbor adorned with florals made a gorgeous focal point for the ceremony. With the flowers she selected for my hair and bridal bouquet, I literally could not imagine feeling more beautiful.

We had a magical wedding day with our families and are looking forward to revisiting those memories for years to come. Fabienne worked tirelessly to make that vision a reality and she will always be in our fond memories, too. THANK YOU, Fabienne, to you and your team! We can’t wait to see you next year.

Sent on 10/05/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow, tears! We try so hard to do all that we can during this time that is challenging for all. It is lovely to be so appreciated and acknowledged for that, by couples who are facing their own various challenges. We also look forward to next year's celebration with you and it will be here before we know it!
  • Anna

Anna B. · Married on 02/10/2021

Outstanding - nailed the look for my fall wedding!

Fabienne was outstanding to work with from start to finish. I immediately appreciated her responsiveness to our accelerated timeline and multiple methods of communication (phone, email, Pinterest). I was blown away by how spot on she was to the look we were going for: from the bouquets to the big arrangements to the greenery lining the fireplace. She was willing to work with our budget and pulled together a fantastic vision. We didn't meet until the day of the wedding which required me to let go a bit, but WOW was it worth it!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, Anna you are the sweetest! We loved working with you and wishing you all the best! Great teamwork for you to give us your ideas and then let us sort out the right designs within your esthetic and budget - win win!

Pam M. · Married on 01/10/2021

Flowers provided the POP for our wedding

Thank you so much for the AMAZING flowers for our big day. As the day becomes a memory, the images that come to mind are of a beautiful sunny day adorned with seasonal and stately floral arrangements that complemented the style of our wedding just perfectly. This didn't happen by accident. Fabienne worked closely with me to ensure that the arrangements fit my personal style and the vision of the event.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Ashley L. · Married on 01/05/2021

Great experience!

Fabienne was an exceptional wedding planner. She was always available to address any concerns that I had as a bride. She was great with listening to everyone's wants and needs, while always keeping my interests in the forefront of the wedding planning process. I am glad that I had the opportunity to work with Fabienne and her team, and would recommend Wedding Muse to anyone. Her day-of team was also Fantastic! There wasn't a request to big or too small that they couldn't address in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

We had a lot of fun with this wedding, the venue, the other vendors and getting to know your family so well. Special mentions to the father of the bride for doing the inquiry and hiring process all on his own and the mother of the bride taking over after he gave his full seal of approval. This all meant so much to us, getting to work so closely as a team with both the parents and the couple. What a family, what friends we made.
  • Geraldine

Geraldine · Married on 11/21/2020

Just great

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator and florist, look no further. Fabienne and her team were simply the best. I was supposed to get married in April 2020, but due to COVID-19 had to postpone. After uninviting a significant number of guests, I downsized my wedding to 62 people on November 21. A week before the wedding, the governor of Virginia issued new regulations prohibiting gatherings of more the 25 people. Fabienne was with me in every one of these changes, guiding me and supporting me. I did get married on November 21, and Fabienne did a PHENOMENAL job with the flowers and the coordination. In the midst of all of these issues, Fabienne made my dream come true. Hiring her was the best decision of all my wedding planning. Thanks so much, Fabienne. We owe you so much.

Sent on 11/23/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

It was so easy to be your support team. Every step was a chance to make sure you had as much of your dream as possible. Those DC rooftop views, the vendor team, the kindness of you and your guests, the music, the love, the food - perfection! Best of everything to you and special gratitude for making your vendors feel so appreciated.
  • Dorian

Dorian R. · Married on 11/07/2020

Fabienne is AMAZING!!!!!

I had a small flower budget and had little to no idea what I wanted. I sent Fabienne ONE pinterest photo of a bridal bouquet that I loved and that was it. She literally crafted the most INCREDIBLE floral display I have ever seen. There was a wedding tour going on at the venue while they were setting up, and they said they had to have the florists name.
    Not only is she soo amazingly talented, her proactive communication went above and beyond. Getting married in the time of COVID is odd, but Fabienne emailed me regularly to check in, see how I was doing, ask how my dogs were (so she got an A+, obvi).

If my venue hadn't included a wedding coordinator, I would have asked Fabienne and team to help with EVERYTHING!

Sent on 01/04/2021

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much! It was truly teamwork that got us all through the COVID era of weddings this past year. We were super happy to be on board as your floral designers, you were in great hands with the coordination that the venue offers and we got to do the easy, fun stuff:-).
  • Maureen

Maureen H. · Married on 10/24/2020

Fantastic Coordination and Flowers!!

Planning a wedding during COVID sure wasn’t easy, especially when you had to change the venue (site unseen), cut the guest list, and work with the vendors on a new location. Cue Fabienne. She was everything I could have asked for in a planner and more. She knew the venue so well, she was incredibly communicative and responsive, and she worked with the other vendors well. The day of, there were some minor setbacks, but Fabienne did a fantastic job making sure we got back on schedule and resolving the situations. I was able to fully enjoy my day. Not to mention the flowers were beautiful. She did such an incredible job, and I highly recommend her services!!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, my goodness! What are nice review and very appreciated! We enjoyed working with you and all of the ups and downs of planning these days, did not keep it from being a lovely wedding to remember.
  • Viki

Viki L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Extremely Helpful and Responsive

Fabienne was extremely helpful and responsive from the day that we booked with her. Even though we just booked for day of services she sent us emails to check up on our wedding planning process and to see in we needed help navigating wedding planning in a COVID world. It was so nice having someone check in to make sure we were doing alright with the wedding planning. Fabienne and Sarah made sure things ran smoothly and safely during our rehearsal and wedding. We're so thankful for their help, I new I could trust them to run everything and we could enjoy our wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. You planned the perfect wedding and we were very appreciative of your attention to COVID concerns, while still having a festive night to remember! The desserts!!! The beautiful gift baskets!!! The wine!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making us feel like family!
  • Alicia

Alicia V. · Married on 10/03/2020

Easy and Stressless

Fabienne was extremely helpful helping my husband and I through the process of getting our wedding plans in order. She was truly knowledgeable and helped us think of a plethora of things to make our day run smoothly. We are so happy we chose wedding muse to handle our day of coordination. She was quite easy going and worked with us at our level. Boy, did we have a laid-back wedding, and she was so flexible and understanding to our crazy way of doing things. She took our chicken scratch directions and piles of junk and turned it into a magical wedding with class!!! I have no complaints at all, and we will recommend her to everyone we know!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Aww, that is the sweetest! Heehee, the chicken scratch and piles - there 'may' or may not be a little truth to that part:-) In the end, everyone pitched in and together we made it happen. It was indeed one of the most magical, the ending with the bonfire, the bluegrass tunes and everyone sitting around by the beautiful moonlight - awesome and you deserve more credit than you are giving yourself for creating such a perfect atmosphere full of genuine love. Thank you for having us be a part of it!
  • Michelle

Michelle B. · Married on 05/30/2020

Fabienne was a lifesaver - working with her was the best decision we made

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Fabienne is. Our wedding process has been a rollercoaster, and we ultimately had to cancel our wedding twice due to COVID, but Fabienne was there from day 1 holding our hand through the whole process. Even before COVID, she helped us navigate and negotiate with a difficult vendor and provided incredibly valuable advice and recommendations as we planned our wedding in a very short (3 month) time frame. She was familiar with our venue and the local vendors, which was very helpful. Once COVID hit she was incredibly responsive and compassionate. Every time we felt we hit a roadblock she came in, eased our stress, and led us forward. She is both a good person and a great wedding planner. Ultimately we had to cancel our wedding and will be getting married in a small backyard ceremony, but we are so grateful our first planning decision was to hire Fabienne.

Sent on 05/10/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

These are the times when being a wedding planner is all the way worth it, for good times and bad. Thanks so much for taking this extra effort to review us, even though we didn't make it to wedding day. I enjoyed getting to know both of you and wish you the best future and interesting wedding stories you will tell. 'Once, then twice when we tried to get married...'
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 05/23/2020

The Perfect Wedding!!

We can't thank you enough for all your hard work for our wedding. You were always so professional and you continued to bring fresh ideas. Thank you for keeping us sane and at ease on one of the biggest and important days! You played a key role by taking care of all the details that allowed us to fully enjoy the day and not worry about a thing. I loved how you were my advisor throughout the wedding planning process and I appreciated having you to consult for guidance and feedback during a stressful time – it was definitely less stressful with your help and expertise!

Our wedding day turned out better than expected with COVID-19 and we had the most wonderful memories with our family and friends thanks to your help and outstanding attention to detail.

Regina & Christopher Black

Sent on 08/21/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, wow! What a sweet review. It was wonderful, you imagined a wonderful event and had so much care for how your guests would experience it + you were always clear on what you wanted = PERFECT! It was fun and I definitely feel like a made a friend in the process. Always the best to you and Chris!

Jeanine L. · Married on 05/09/2020

Fabienne is top notch!

For 8 months we worked closely with Fabienne and at every turn in the planning her experience and professionalism was evident. She was always pleasant, even with the Covid bumps in the road, she made a great adviser but never a control freak, and her connections in the wedding industry were a valuable. Fabienne kept my daughter and I on task in every phase of planning with a well planned schedule/timeline, gentle reminders, detailed emails, phone conferences when needed and more. She made a great general with a well executed plan and I'd hire her again and recommend her to anyone. Jeanine Lawson, Gainesville

Sent on 09/21/2020

Charlyn H. · Married on 02/09/2020

Coordinating the Best Weekend Ever

I am still beaming with joy, pride, and gratitude after recently experiencing “the best weekend ever”: my son and daughter-in-law’s wedding. Three magical, beautiful days on a 23-acre farm—Friday’s rehearsal/family dinner and welcome reception for 90, Saturday’s wedding and reception for 200, and Sunday’s farewell brunch for 80—required a highly creative vision, enormous planning, a collaborative spirit, and extremely well-coordinated execution of plans. . . all of which was greatly facilitated by Fabienne Laveau, owner and lead designer of “Wedding Muse Planning, Design, and Florals”. Engaging Fabienne as the wedding coordinator was one of the most important—and best—decisions the bride and groom made. Fabienne was a great listener who offered advice and guidance without being pushy or minimizing others’ opinions. Her professionalism, knowledge, contacts, organizational skills, creative talent, attention to details, and ability to remain calm in the face of potential challenges were essential in order to help actualize two families’ vision of the perfect wedding weekend. Fabienne Laveau is truly THE BEST!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

This was one of the best weekends ever, for sure! So many amazing elements and what a collaboration it was from both families, the vendor team and the role you graciously allowed us to play. Unforgettable down to the smallest details! Thank you for selecting us to be such a part of it.
  • Tijani

Tijani M. · Married on 02/04/2020

Wonderful Florist

Fabienne was wonderful at our wedding. When my then soon to be wife spoke with her for the first time over the phone, she received the kind of vibe that later showed in the wedding day through the beautiful display of decorative flowers. Our approach was to to give all the power to Fabienne and for her to use her creative imagination on the day of our wedding. This is hard for most couple to give total control over to someone else, but that was the trust that my wife had when she spoke with Fabienne. All she told Fabienne was her colors for the wedding and Fabienne was able to create a master piece from Bouquets, Corsages, to the Boutonnieres, and table decorations. She was professional at her work, flexible, and available whenever we had questions. Best Florist ever!!!

Thank you Fabienne for making our dream wedding so beautiful in colors!! We could not tell you how many complements we've received from families, friends, and acquaintances about how beautiful the decorations and flowers turned out.

Sent on 05/01/2019

*There is an error, this wedding was actually held on 4.14.19*
    Oh my goodness! We loved working with you and the freedom you gave us. We swear we do even more beautiful work when the client REALLY trusts us! Thank you so much for your confidence in us and the beauty of your shining personalities. We loved it all.
  • Ro Asmar

Ro Asmar · Married on 12/07/2019

Fabienne the Great!

What can I say? We were so blessed to have an amazing group of vendors, Fabienne being one of them. I can't begin to tell you how off the ledge I was when I first reached out to talk to Fabienne, who calmly talked me back on. I had soooo many staff turnover issues at the hotel and I was freaking out, I was convinced the day would be a disaster. My husband and I finally agreed to get a planner (more for my sanity) I talked to so many that I just didn't connect with on the level that I did with Fabienne. She heard me, I mean really heard me, talked me through all of my concerns and assured me she would be there for US on the BIG day. My husband wanted me to do whatever gave me piece of mind on the day of and for me that was hiring Fabienne - best decision I made. I knew the moment I talked to her that I found my planner! She is responsive, punctual, diligent, smart, assertive where she needs to be (we were in my hotel staff's "house"), but most importantly she was there for us. She went through every single detail with me and went through things I never even considered. You know we've never done this before. She had our best interest at heart and that was her main focus. Everything I asked her to do, everything I was panicking about - she took care of. I couldn't have made it through the day without you, Fabienne! Thank you so much for everything you and your assistant did to make sure we had a worry free day - any bride to be knows is priceless.

Sent on 05/12/2020

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow, I hardly know what to say. It is obviously our job, that is the big part of why we do what we do. Then sometimes we get the nicest bonus of really clicking and really being able to assist in so many ways. Thank you for being such a great couple and for appreciating us, as we always try to go the distance plus a little extra.
  • Kelley

Kelley M. · Married on 11/02/2019

Fabulous Fabienne

Fabienne and her team did a phenomenal job from start to finish! Fabienne took time to get to know us and our wedding vision! She was very creative and came up with amazing ideas for our florals as well as coordination of the vendors and timing on the wedding day!

We gave her creative leeway and she did an amazing job!! I couldn’t have imagined our wedding day looking any better! Wedding Muse took all the stress and worry out of our wedding!

We loved working with her so much that we even had her do our rehearsal dinner flowers; and she incorporated them into our wedding day to cut floral costs for us!!! Who doesn’t love saving money and getting everything they ever wanted?!

If you want a worry free experience then Fabienne is the way to go! She provides so much knowledge that is so valuable to a couple!

Sent on 05/17/2020

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Choice We Made for Our Wedding

Wedding Muse is a main reason why our wedding was absolutely perfect! We didn't have to worry about a thing all day because this team was totally committed to helping everything run smoothly. I completely trusted them from the moment I signed the contract- they are welcoming, professional, organized and they truly want your day to go exactly as planned. They thought of things I definitely would have forgotten and they put my mind at ease. It is not easy planning a wedding, but Wedding Muse can help you make it enjoyable. All of our other vendors loved working with them as well. There is no doubt in my mind that we made the right choice in choosing Wedding Muse. I hope that you make them part of your day too because they know how to make your wedding so special!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, my goodness, what a kind and lovely review. You two also made it so effortless by embracing and welcoming our professional expertise + the wonderful vendor team. What a perfect evening it was and a great way to begin the 2019 fall season wind-down. Cheers and the best to you both!
  • Hope

Hope C. · Married on 10/05/2019

Fabienne is just fabulous!!!

Crossing paths with Fabienne was one of the best things that could have happened to us during our wedding planning process. I wanted to plan my own wedding but needed assistance on the day of our wedding to ensure that everything ran smooth and because I didn’t want a family member or my Mom to feel they had to take charge and oversee everything; I wanted my guests to enjoy themselves. I hired Fabienne for her, day of coordination services. I had spoken to a few planners before her and I Felt as if I didn’t, “click” with them like I did Fabienne. She seemed like a pro- Fabienne was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and made me feel right at ease just after our first phone call. She touched base with me frequently, reviewed all contracts (never thought of that- what a lifesaver) and she was beyond helpful. I felt fully confident in Fabienne and on our wedding day her 2 team members Esmé and Krystin were phenomenal! Upon arrival they greeted me in the bridal suite and introduced themselves and were so sweet! I always hear about malfunctions at weddings but our day was like a fairytale- everything was right on time and Krystin and Esmé were one step ahead of everything- I could not believe how much they helped. I could not have imagined my day without Fabienne and Muse weddings. This was one of our best investments for our wedding and I cannot thank this team enough for making my wedding day magical!!! :)

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • F

Francesca G. · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Florals!

Fabienne was super kind and approachable throughout my wedding planning process. We had a thorough phone call as I live in a different state and she spent over an hour talking through what I envisioned my big day looking like and doing her absolute best to ensure that she would execute my vision. Fabienne was also accomodating of some last-minute asks on our part and effectively repurposed florals where she could to fit our budget. We can't thank her enough. Our florals were beautiful and really captured the feel of my personality as well as complimented the venue. Big thanks to Fabienne and her team, we highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Anne · Married on 06/15/2019

Fabulous and professional wedding coordinators!

We hired Fabienne and Krystin for our day coordinators and we couldn’t have been happier! They were very organized, detail-oriented, patient, and they made sure everything ran perfectly! We couldn’t have imagined working with a better pair to make our wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Mary

Mary J. · Married on 06/15/2019

Very pleased with the Wedding Muse

My daughter hired as a “day of” planner for her wedding in June 2019. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised with their service! Fabienne was great explaining everything and making sure the ceremony would go off without a hitch and Katelyn was amazing during the reception. She managed the cake, the food, the flow of events and the gifts...even carrying them to my car after I had gone to bed! They were super!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Mary, as I mentioned when we met I felt like I had met a friend. You all were awesome to work with and one of the best examples of a largely DIY wedding we have seen. The details were so fun and it was a great event! The best to you and thanks again for choosing Wedding Muse.

Diane · Married on 05/25/2019

A big help in creating a wonderful wedding day

Fabienne and her team did a wonderful job for my daughter’s hotel-ballroom wedding reception. We booked the special “Month of Coordination plus The Flower Basket” package, because we had already selected several of our vendors and didn’t really need as much help in that aspect of planning (although Fabienne did introduce us to our DJ and worked out the transportation details for us). What we really wanted - and got - was someone to make sure all our vendors were on the same page in the final weeks before the wedding and to help keep track of everyone on the wedding day.
    My daughter and I are both very hands-on and weren’t sure how we would feel about working with a planning team, but it worked out very well. Fabienne, my daughter and I communicated frequently by email and phone. Fabienne was always enthusiastic about our ideas and worked to incorporate them, which made the process feel very collaborative. My daughter has significant allergies, and Fabienne used the information we provided to create beautiful floral designs that were allergy-friendly. She also incorporated some decorative elements that we provided into the bridal bouquet and the reception decor.
    On the wedding day, her team worked with the hotel team to keep everything running smoothly. We had to get everyone from the DC hotel to the Maryland church and then back to the hotel. I was very glad I had hired the Wedding Muse team to keep an eye on the overall event so I could be fully engaged with family and friends and not worried about being in charge of the event
    mechanics. Everything looked beautiful and we had a wonderful day. We really appreciate everything Fabienne and her team contributed to that success and I am happy to recommend Wedding Muse.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

What a lovely way to convey that professional support can be a great asset and decision! Like you, we appreciated the collaborative effort and process, we really enjoyed getting to know you and to feel like part of the bigger team. Cheers and the best to the bride and groom and their families.
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent!

I was really blown away by the look of the flowers/decor on my wedding day. Very responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thanks so much, Mary! We enjoyed working with you and creating some lovely floral designs for your cool DC hotel wedding. The best and were appreciate you choosing us.

Sarah B. · Married on 05/11/2019

The best person for the job!

Fabienne is incredible... she's patient, informative, professional, responsive, kind, creative, caring, funny and so, so COOL... I don't have enough words. I'm not your typical bride and I was quite nervous and apprehensive about literally EVERYTHING. I originally considered her for just florals but quickly learned that I needed her help in every way possible. I must have said "I can't" or "I don't know" about 100 times during our early conversations. Fabienne really took the time to listen- and get to know me and my family which was imperative for me.

She broke down every task into something I could tackle; she made me believe my wedding was possible. If she didn't have the answer or solution for something, she would put me in touch with someone that did.

My flowers were so beautiful and really represented my personality which would not have been the case if she hadn't put 110% into the process. I'm still amazed at how perfect everything was.

In today's world, it is becoming harder and harder to find people with professional integrity- and Fabienne has it. It is obvious that she has a passion for what she does, and she enjoys each and every journey of bringing weddings to life. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow! Sarah ( and Matt and the rest! ) You were the perfect clients, expressing each and all of your concerns and worries right up front and allowing us the freedom to manage the solutions - trust! We enjoyed every minute of the getting to know you process and feel like we gained some friends. The very best to all of you and thanks again for trusting us with your important day.