Wedding Muse Reviews

Wedding Muse 6
Wedding Muse 7

Jessica and Nick · Getting married on 01/01/2028

Phenomenal!

As our day-of wedding coordinators, Fabienne and her crew made our wedding day truly perfect and as seamless as anything I’ve ever experienced. They anticipated everything in terms of setup, managing the schedule, potential snafus or complications, and everything else—and thanks to their efficient professionalism and behind-the-scenes sleight of hand, we (the bride and groom) had only to follow their lead for a perfectly executed wedding day. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Fabienne was always on the ball, responsive and knowledgeable and well prepared, and equally importantly, always very kind and easy to work with. In short, Fabienne and her crew are absolutely top-notch and we’d hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

We enjoyed you guys so much. You had the perfect little plan for your wedding and trusted us to make it piece together. That is our ideal situation and it was a great party! Thank you!

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Fabienne’s the best!

I literally cannot express just how AMAZING Fabienne is and so on top of things and helpful. She and her assistant Natallie were just awesome for my wedding this past Saturday. She is dedicated and caring her assistant Natallie sweet as can be as well. I mean no one who attended my wedding realized just how hectic and crazy somethings were until I opened my mouth and said it myself. Fabienne went above and beyond to meet with my venue's team and coordinator there since she had never worked with them before and wanted to assure everything went as smooth as humanly possible for my big day. I know there were probably some moments I worried the hell out of Fabienne I mean I worried the hell out of myself to be honest so I KNOW I worried the hell out of her and not once did she ever show it. It takes a unique person to deal with a difficult person much less a spazzing bride. So again Fabienne thank you, thank you and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You're a gem and i'll tell the world well any brides at least looking for someone! XoXo-Sarah

Sent on 11/08/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

We loved your wedding and working with you. You trusted us and we always take that very seriously. It was such a great party and your guests were super fun and friendly. Thanks again for having us on board. My assistant and I both thought it was a great one!

Katherine Smithwick · Married on 10/13/2018

Be prepared for the worst (or in my case Hurricane Michael)

I got married in October on a private estate. (For those of you deciding about pros and cons of a professional wedding venue versus a private estate, talk to Fabienne. There are definitely some additional challenges (and expenses) when choosing a farm or house that are not formal wedding venues.) I was actually in grad school full time while working and planning a wedding in a different state. I was living in Massachusetts, going to grad school in Pennsylvania, and planning a wedding in Virginia. I NEEDED a wedding planner. Fabienne was great in helping form my entire vision from invite list to colors to food, etc.

What was great was that the wedding planning did not consume my life in the year prior. Once we had a vision, she gave me a couple of vendors to choose from that matched my wishlist. We booked the band, caterer, tent, and other essentials within a few weeks, and then I didn't really have to think about it until 3 months out.

In the few months before, we had many more phone calls and had to hone in on the details. This part was definitely more stressful because Fabienne thinks of every. single. little. detail. --and that is a good quality in a wedding planner.

Now here comes the amazing part...The day before the wedding, after the massive tent was set up and the lighting was put in the trees, Hurricane Michael came through and destroyed EVERYTHING. I drove up that morning to check out the venue and my massive beautiful tent was reduced to a shredded tepee. I called Fabienne, and she said, "I need you to give me permission to just make this happen." It literally came down to wire. The chairs were put up for the ceremony at 4:30 for a 5 pm ceremony. Fabienne and her group of lovely and talented assistants were feverishly working with the caterer to get the tent set up. I never even got to see the tent before the actual reception, but man, was a I in shock and awe when my husband and I walked across the field and entered the tent to do our first dance. It was not our original vision. There were no tents available to rent that were the same size as the original, so Fabienne created a new floor plan and new lay out with the three smaller tents that were combined.

It was a magical evening, and for my small hometown, it has been lauded as simply to best and most special night, and I think that has a lot to do with Fabienne.

What is perhaps even more important than having a great wedding planner is having one that works with incredible vendors. Rochelle Catering, Atmos Lighting, Loudon Event Rentals, and so many more worked so hard and well with Fabienne to make sure that the event got off smoothly despite the near calamity the night before.

My husband and I were reflecting on the whole event, and it would not have been possible without this fantastic team of people. Thank you Fabienne--we are forever grateful.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Okay, so this one made me cry. We all worked so hard, around the clock you could say to recreate this wedding in a short turnaround. The first key was that you let us do what we do and were willing to trust. The second is that yes, we DO know the best vendors and Loudoun County, VA is chock full of them to choose from. We will never know what the original outcome would have been, but I have a very sneaking suspicion it would not have been as special or as magical - you could feel the love in the room as much as we have ever encountered. Cheers to you for allowing us to do what we all know to do as tip top wedding pros.

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2018

Great motivator!

We hired Fabienne to do the flowers and day of coordination for my daughters wedding. Fabienne did an amazing job! The overall look and design at the ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations. She took the time to listen to my daughters requests for colors and types of flowers she wanted for her bridal bouquet, and it came out exactly the way she wanted. She had ideas on how to decorate this tall wooden arch for the ceremony, that we weren't sure what to do with, and that came out looking great. The venue looked absolutely beautiful all decorated with the centerpieces, florals, greenery, and votives she used. It's hard to know exactly what you are getting, you just have to trust her. She knows what she is doing. What I like most about Fabienne is that she is full of ideas and is truly a motivator! We also valued her help more than she could ever know, by just being there the day of, to coordinate everyone and tell the grandparents, parents, and wedding party when it was time to start doing the processional, and at the same time, give the musicians their cues for when to start the selected pieces of music. That took a lot of coordination! Awesome job, Fabienne! Thank you so very much!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Wedding Muse 13
    Wedding Muse 14
    Wedding Muse 15

Wedding Muse's reply:

Stephanie, working with you and your other family members was a dream come true. You gave us the leeway we needed, but were also very clear on what you wanted. I love your comment about not knowing exactly what you are getting. It is our personal goal to listen carefully but to also provide a little surprise factor that exceeds all expectations. It sounds like we succeeded, thanks to your trust in us. Best wishes!

Jillian · Married on 07/07/2018

She's amazing!

Wedding muse did an amazing job creating florals that fit my vision. The flowers were beautiful and Fabienne was amazing to work with. She was always available to answer questions and give ideas. She was patient with me when I changed my mind on what I wanted and let me continue to add/change things I was ordering. She managed to make my flowers look amazing and full even though we were on a tight budget. Through all of our interactions and her professionalism I knew I could trust her to create florals that fit what I wanted (and I would say that she surpassed my expectations!) I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Wedding Muse 16

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you! You were a dream to work with. We both understood the plan and the goal and together we made it work so well! Your ideas fit your budget perfectly, which made it easy for us to assist. The best to you!

Brandi · Married on 05/13/2018

I still can’t stop thinking about the flowers that Fabienne arranged for my wedding day. These flowers truly brought my wedding to life between the array of colors and different types of blooms. I’m not exaggerating when I say that I almost cried when I saw all of my flowers. They were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Fabienne listened to my vision and really brought it all together into something so memorable. She hit the nail on the head and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Brandi, you and Hunter made it all so easy for us! It is the most thrilling thing in the world to hear that a bride and couple thought we were meaningful to their wedding day. Cheers and the very best to you both!

Haylie · Married on 04/07/2018

We absolutely loved having Fabienne and her team a part of our wedding! They were such an essential part of making our wedding day perfect! Fabienne is very organized, attentive to detail, and creative. She made the wedding planning process and the day-of all come together perfectly. If there were any minor issues that did arise during the process, she handled it with care and the utmost professionalism, as my husband and I never found out about any of it! We only have glowing reviews and compliments for Fabienne and her work!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

It was such a pleasure! Thanks for your kind words and for choosing us to be part of your all star team! What a great wedding.

Kris · Married on 10/21/2017

Fabienne was so easy and wonderful to work with. A great listener with fabulous ideas. It was a true pleasure working with her.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Kris, thank you so much for considering us a true valued part of your team. It is always in this context that we can put our best feet forward and do our best work. I’ll miss our conversations and hope we keep in touch. Cheers!

Patricia · Married on 10/21/2017

WOW. I'm one of those believers that I can do it all--even put on a small wedding at a beautiful venue where the only thing you DON'T have to bring in are the tables and chairs. Well I stopped believing that very early on, thankfully, and hired a brilliant planner, floral designer, and all around lovely person, Fabienne Laveau, Wedding Muse. We had some challenging dynamics going on as with all weddings and Fabienne met them with grace and style. I will post photos upon receipt from our wonderful photographer, Like A Dream Photography. I would highly recommend Fabienne and her equally wonderful employees.

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Wedding Muse 17

Wedding Muse's reply:

This wonderful Mom is being modest. She planned this wedding perfectly and we were lucky enough to be her extra sets of hands and eyes ( well, and maybe we are pretty decent organizers:-) It was one of the most unique weddings but also had lots of traditional elements and family was the focus throughout the whole weekend. It was our pleasure to be part of it.

Madison Meyers · Married on 09/09/2017

Thank goodness for Fabienne and crew!!!!

When we started to get into planning our wedding, we knew we needed some help due to our demanding work schedules. Fabienne and the Wedding Muse team stepped in as our planners and designers, and we are so happy we chose them. From helping us choose the vendors to handling some challenging dynamics, they stepped in and took the lead. You could say we had a spirited group that were going to party, so it was great to have someone on hard to help manage all of those logistics, including a large number of international guests. We had a warm and magical evening, including some rowdy games that made everyone laugh until they cried. Thanks, Wedding Muse!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, thank you! We feel like we made some friends and thank you again and again for trusting us enough to refer us to another lovely couple. These are among our favorite all time weddings. We hope to stay in touch. Best from the WM team!

Kat · Married on 09/03/2017

Fabienne is an amazing florist! She has great vision, creativity, and passion for what she does, which really came through on our wedding day when I saw the bouquets and floral arrangements. Everything was so graceful, beautiful, and came together perfectly! I'm not always very good at describing what I want, but Fabienne listed with patience and enthusiasm, and really did a wonderful job bringing my vision to life! She incorporated such a lovely variety of flowers, leaves, and other design elements - it felt truly unique and truly me. She was also incredibly fun to work with, very friendly, creative, and always professional. Fabienne also definitely went above and beyond, and always made herself available, despite the fact that I was living in a very different time zone. I couldn't have been happier, thank you again Fabienne!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Wedding Muse 18
    Wedding Muse 19
    Wedding Muse 20
    Wedding Muse 21

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much! We love offering our clients a variety of services and flowers is where we started in the industry so thank you for allowing us to design and create for you! You made wonderful choices for your vendors and let them have a feee hand - great strategy that paid off. Cheers and the best to you!

Maya · Married on 08/10/2017

Gold antlers! I don’t think I need to say more! But I will...Fabienne was awesome. From our first conversation to the day of, she got me and the vision I didn’t even know I had for my wedding!
    I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Maya and Michael - I can't even. Maya was the cutest bride ever. She is a university mathematics professor and I started off thinking she might be on the more studious and serious side. Well, she surprised me all the way from her gown to the wedding that kept getting a little more pink. She ended up being one of the most tickled brides, so in love with her choice of groom and just in love with it all. This is one couple I will not soon forget! Thanks to this sweet couple for trusting us with their day. I will add, absolute best dressed crowd, these folks know how to wear it! Nothing but a fabulous evening.

Chase · Married on 07/22/2017

Fabienne was a pleasure to work with. The thing that impressed us most was that she spent a lot of time really understanding our vision and then made it a reality. We were wanting a much more "natural" look, with lots of greens, potted plants when possible, and some subtle touches like succulents, herbs, etc. Fabienne took our pinterest board and made it a reality. In the end, the flowers, runners, and small pieces looked great and took our entire reception of a level in elegance. She was also very respectful of our budget and worked with us to get a beautiful output within the parameters of our budget. I'd highly recommend her.

Pearl · Married on 06/23/2017

I do not live in Washington DC but the brides family is from there and we did the Rehearsal dinner at the Sequoia and the Wedding Muse (Fabienne) was recommended to us. We did everything online and on the phone and she was able to pick up on what I had wanted. It turned out to be spectacular!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow and what a rehearsal dinner with over 200 people in one of the most chic of DC restaurants. It was like a wedding! Thank you so much for choosing us and for giving us such a unique and modern concept to work with. It was amazing! We loved designing for this very elegant event.

Adrienne · Married on 05/28/2017

We used Fabienne Laveau (Wedding Muse) for my daughter's wedding on May 28, 2017. Fabienne was both the florist and the wedding planner. For us this was a good combination since we didn't have to worry about any miscommunication. Both my daughter and myself had very definite ideas on how the day should go and what the flowers and other room decor should look like. Fabienne had wonderful decor items for us to use and she listened carefully to what my daughter and her now husband wanted. She is honest if she doesn't have something you want and will work with items brought in. I think everything came out exactly how my daughter imagined it. As a planner she was a good person to bounce ideas off of. I was pretty independent in choosing the other vendors and the accommodations for our guests, but I did call on her several times to help me understand the workings of the Charlottesville area since we live in another state. Fabienne did look over the contracts and also helped get the waivers needed for our venue. This is where I needed help and it was good to have someone to do this for us. On the day of the wedding the only question to me was about the weather. Fabienne along with the coordinator from C & O (our food vendor) stepped in to make sure my daughter had her outdoor ceremony. They got people off the buses and into their seats in record time so that we accomplished the ceremony beautifully with only a few sprinkles. The night ran very smoothly and everyone was pleased. Fabienne and her assistant Heather packed up all of the items that belonged to us and got them into the cars we left. This allowed us to get on the buses back to the hotels and visit with our friends and family. I would highly recommend Fabienne Laveau the Wedding Muse.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow, we are blown away with this review! Thank you so much for trusting us and for following up with this lovely description of our services. It was a perfect event and what a team we all were. The best to your families, who we really enjoyed knowing for the year of planning.
  • F

Francesca · Married on 10/08/2016

Fabienne was a JOY to work with. I had multiple meetings with her and she was able to capture my vision for florals perfectly. I wanted a HUGE and wild bouquet and that is exactly what I got! I was complimented all night on how gorgeous and unique my bouquet was. The table arrangements were perfect. Could not have been happier :)! You will not regret using her for your upcoming event!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much, Fran. I am glad you were at that little wedding show where we met! So happy we were able to translate your vision, especially that crazy big bouquet - it was you all the way!!!

Sandy · Married on 10/01/2016

We hired Fabienne to do both flowers and wedding planning for us and would highly recommend her for both services! She had been recommended to us by our venue (Sequoia restaurant in Washington, DC) and it was great to have someone that knew the space and has done so many weddings there! She was really great to work with-- she really worked with our budget and was very honest and straightforward with us, which we really appreciated and she never tried to convince us to increase our budget. She really listened to what I wanted and took and executed our vision perfectly! We loved the flower arrangements that she put together for us! I definitely felt that she stretched our budget as much as she could and the end result was wonderful. I could not say enough nice things about her! If you want to trust someone with your big day, she is definitely the way to go!!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Sandy, you two were the best. I have already expressed that spending the year and half with you was really so enjoyable, especially our Sunday evening chats. I always knew where you/we/I stood and that is the key to a wonderful planning process. I loved having 'my' New Yorker clients, and love that you chose this area for your wedding. Cheers!

Pat · Married on 09/24/2016

For my son's rehearsal dinner, I worked long-distance by phone and email with Fabienne and she was able to interpret my preferences perfectly! She was attentive to every detail and very pleasant to work with. I could not have been happier!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much! It was fun working with you and it felt like I knew you. So great when it works that way! Cheers!
  • I

Ireyon · Married on 09/03/2016

Fabienne was truly a god send! I recently got married at Morais Vineyard in Bealton Va and needed a florist. I went to bridal shows and set up meeting with other florist but they either didnt get my vision or were way too much. I came across Fabienne on wedding wire and my prayers were answered. Not only was she warm and delightful, but she was also afforable and her work was out of this world! Everything from the aisle decor to the centerpieces were truly beautiful. With the venus being so grand I really needed flowers to match but I didnt have grand flowers money and she truly made it happen for me anyway. At the end of the night we were getting high praise from friends and family about how beautiful everything was, my wedding planner had to explain to a guest that they couldnt take the centerpieces home without switching vases. :)

Sent on 09/26/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Ireyon, that is the sweetest review. We love to help make visions and dreams come true with careful discussion of your idea and also your budget. We talked, you listened and it is a great example to brides who want a lot of look with a reasonable budget. Thanks so much for your kind words and I agree, it was lovely!

Trudy · Married on 07/16/2016

My daughter and new son in law were recently married at Morais Vineyards in Bealeton Va. Our wonderful wedding coordinator recommended Fabienne Laveau from WeddingMuse. From our first meeting (which she spent over two hours with me) to our last was exactly what I had been looking for in a florist. Both my daughter and I agreed we wanted a very large statement in the flowers and Fabienne delivered so much more then we ever envisioned. First she created such a beautiful backdrop with the flowers on the pergola and in the aisle flowers and petals leading down the walkway. Second, our guests walked into the reception area where they were blown away (so were we) with the most beautiful flowers throughout. Large centerpieces and small all throughout in white, soft pink and hints of green turning our gold and white Gatsby themed wedding in a replica of the luncheon with Daisy and J Gatsby in the movie "The Great Gatsby". Jennifer's bridal bouquet was stunning. Fabienne delivered on every point. Her kindness and ease to work with was as if I was doing business with a dear friend of many years. I recommend you find her at her little shop and secure your date as soon as you can. Trudy Slocum Fredericksburg VA

Sent on 07/16/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Well, this Mom and bride made our time together a dream come true. We were given great instructions, but also the perfect amount of leeway resulting in our favorite combination of delivering flawless interpretation, with a small element of surprise. What a great and enjoyable experience that we will treasure.

Hannah · Married on 06/26/2016

Fabienne provided flowers and day-of coordination for my wedding and it was honestly one of the best decisions I made during wedding planning. When I first met with Fabienne, I was immediately drawn to her kindness and warmth. We clicked immediately and I left that meeting knowing not only that I had found a fantastic vendor to work with, but also an exceptional person to work with. I approached wedding planning with the idea that I only wanted to work with people that I would enjoy talking to during all those months of planning, and that I would be excited to see on my wedding day. For me, I couldn't have picked a better person than Fabienne.

I admitted to Fabienne straight away that I'm extremely Type A - very organized, detail oriented, and more than a little bit of of a perfectionist - and I was looking for someone who could not only understand my vision, but someone I could trust to plan and execute it to my high standards. Fabienne pulled it off and then some. In fact, I had so much confidence in Fabienne that I didn't even know what kind of flowers I was going to have until I saw them the day of my wedding. That's how comfortable she made me feel - I knew she would get it right and she absolutely did. They were perfect.

Leading up to the wedding, Fabienne and I exchanged a lot of emails and met in person a few times to discuss the details of the wedding. We hammered out everything and after sending her my crazy excel workbook with the timeline we put together, contact info, guest list, etc. I let Fabienne take it from there. The day of the wedding, everything ran so smoothly and I know so much of that had to do with Fabienne and her team. Everything looked so beautiful, and I never had to worry about anything because Fabienne had it all under control. I was able to just enjoy myself and not think - such a rare occurrence for a Type A person like me!

Fabienne truly is the best - I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

The funny thing about this, is that at no time did we feel like we were pressured by a Type A bride. In fact, it was the opposite, you were so great about letting us know what you wanted, and then backing away for us to do it. It is wonderful working with you and AJ and we won't forget you two!
  • User3321974 · 2+ years ago

I found the Wedding Muse by chance at a bridal show and fell in love with her unique style and amazing personality. Fabienne is not a "Pinterest Planner", she created the most amazing wedding atmosphere and flowers I had ever seen. She also made my Broach Boquet. Working with Fabienne to make our wedding vision come alive was the best decision we made!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Wedding Muse's reply:

It was all so wonderful. Everyone and everything came together to make it one of the all time beautiful weddings I have had the pleasure to assist in.

Logan · Married on 05/28/2016

Planning a wedding long distance can be challenging for many reasons. I live in Chicago, but got married in a small mountain town in Virginia. I had some difficulties in finding vendors that I felt confident working with mostly over email and phone, but as soon as I saw the Wedding Muse website, I knew I'd be in good hands. Initially, I reached out needing only a florist but ended up using Fabienne's services for both florals and day-of-coordination. If I could offer one piece of advice to any couples planning their wedding, it would be to budget for a day-of-coordinator. I was so grateful to not have to worry about any setup or vendor coordination on our wedding day knowing that Fabienne and her team were managing it all. She is responsive and professional, offers helpful suggestions but still listens to what you want, and took our vision and made our day beautiful. Fantastic vendor to alleviate the stress of wedding planning!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Well, when you have clients like this who have done careful planning on their end you get the best of results. We enjoyed every minute of working with you and although we don't require that we feel appreciated:-) it is a wonderful feeling that makes us even more motivated to please. Cheers!

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

Fabienne is my flower fairy god-mother! She came through with amazing floral designs that brought everything together. They created a wonderful ambiance and fit perfectly with our venue. She was flexible and an absolute joy to work with. Her decorating was so tasteful and well-done. We received many compliments from our guests. My only regret is not having another event soon I can have her decorate!!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you for those lovely words and for making feel like a guest and VIP rather than 'just a vendor'. For someone I met only briefly, I truly felt like family! Your Mom even insisted that I witness your marriage and postpone my remaining tasks for a few moments. Best wishes and I can't WAIT to see the pictures.

Shannon · Married on 11/27/2015

Fabienne is a miracle worker! My husband and I have crazy work schedules and weren't able to meet up with Fabienne direclty; however, despite this she created exactly what I had imagined for our wedding. We spoke with her over the phone about our ideas and sent her a few online pictures of things we liked and from that alone that she created the most beautiful array of unique center pieces with a variety of color and textures. The flowers were just stunning. I literally coud not have been happier with how they turned out. Fabienne is truly an artist. She is also very professional and flexible....and just a nice person! I could not imaging chosing a different florist for my wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

This is what we love to hear! Couples who communicate their ideas well and are pleased with the results - yay for great client matches.