Wedding Muse Reviews

Wedding Muse 6
Wedding Muse 7

Jessica and Nick · Getting married on 01/01/2028

Phenomenal!

As our day-of wedding coordinators, Fabienne and her crew made our wedding day truly perfect and as seamless as anything I’ve ever experienced. They anticipated everything in terms of setup, managing the schedule, potential snafus or complications, and everything else—and thanks to their efficient professionalism and behind-the-scenes sleight of hand, we (the bride and groom) had only to follow their lead for a perfectly executed wedding day. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Fabienne was always on the ball, responsive and knowledgeable and well prepared, and equally importantly, always very kind and easy to work with. In short, Fabienne and her crew are absolutely top-notch and we’d hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

We enjoyed you guys so much. You had the perfect little plan for your wedding and trusted us to make it piece together. That is our ideal situation and it was a great party! Thank you!
  • Tijani

Tijani Musa · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Wonderful Florist

Fabienne was wonderful at our wedding. When my then soon to be wife spoke with her for the first time over the phone, she received the kind of vibe that later showed in the wedding day through the beautiful display of decorative flowers. Our approach was to to give all the power to Fabienne and for her to use her creative imagination on the day of our wedding. This is hard for most couple to give total control over to someone else, but that was the trust that my wife had when she spoke with Fabienne. All she told Fabienne was her colors for the wedding and Fabienne was able to create a master piece from Bouquets, Corsages, to the Boutonnieres, and table decorations. She was professional at her work, flexible, and available whenever we had questions. Best Florist ever!!!

Thank you Fabienne for making our dream wedding so beautiful in colors!! We could not tell you how many complements we've received from families, friends, and acquaintances about how beautiful the decorations and flowers turned out.

Sent on 05/01/2019

*There is an error, this wedding was actually held on 4.14.19*
    Oh my goodness! We loved working with you and the freedom you gave us. We swear we do even more beautiful work when the client REALLY trusts us! Thank you so much for your confidence in us and the beauty of your shining personalities. We loved it all.
  • Mary

Mary N · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent!

I was really blown away by the look of the flowers/decor on my wedding day. Very responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thanks so much, Mary! We enjoyed working with you and creating some lovely floral designs for your cool DC hotel wedding. The best and were appreciate you choosing us.

Sarah Bonuccelli · Married on 05/11/2019

The best person for the job!

Fabienne is incredible... she's patient, informative, professional, responsive, kind, creative, caring, funny and so, so COOL... I don't have enough words. I'm not your typical bride and I was quite nervous and apprehensive about literally EVERYTHING. I originally considered her for just florals but quickly learned that I needed her help in every way possible. I must have said "I can't" or "I don't know" about 100 times during our early conversations. Fabienne really took the time to listen- and get to know me and my family which was imperative for me.

She broke down every task into something I could tackle; she made me believe my wedding was possible. If she didn't have the answer or solution for something, she would put me in touch with someone that did.

My flowers were so beautiful and really represented my personality which would not have been the case if she hadn't put 110% into the process. I'm still amazed at how perfect everything was.

In today's world, it is becoming harder and harder to find people with professional integrity- and Fabienne has it. It is obvious that she has a passion for what she does, and she enjoys each and every journey of bringing weddings to life. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow! Sarah ( and Matt and the rest! ) You were the perfect clients, expressing each and all of your concerns and worries right up front and allowing us the freedom to manage the solutions - trust! We enjoyed every minute of the getting to know you process and feel like we gained some friends. The very best to all of you and thanks again for trusting us with your important day.

Raluca Avram · Married on 05/04/2019

Best last minute change!

I reached out to Fabienne about 2 months before my wedding, after I had to end my contract with another day of coordinator due to issues. I e-mailed her in a desperate attempt to find another coordinator around 11 PM on a week night. Within 20 minutes of my e-mail, I received a response from her, letting me know that she would figure out a way to help me out and that I could go to bed without worrying anymore. This interaction alone shows just how amazing of a person she is.

With little time left, Fabienne involved herself in all of the details of my wedding and helped me iron out everything. When I tell you that I went into my wedding with no worries, I mean that. Not even when the whether decided to act up and I had to make a call between doing it outdoors or indoors did I freak out. She calmed my nerves every chance she could. In addition, when the rain had ruined my sparkler exit, she had the amazing idea of utilizing the glow sticks we bought for the kids' table and made sure we still got to experience our grand exit as a married couple!

Fabienne has so much experience to bring to the table, and I recommend her services to anyone that is looking. She was able to take my visions from Pinterest pictures, DIY decor, and documented directions and carry it out beautifully.

Seriously...do not look any further!!! She is the best :)

Sent on 07/16/2019

Wedding Muse's reply:

These are the reviews that make us want to cry! Raluca, Cody and their families could not have been more charming and even in the short time, I felt we made some dear friends. Raluca was excellent with conveying her ideas and wishes and that made it easy for us to assist. Cheers to this beautiful couple!

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Fabienne’s the best!

I literally cannot express just how AMAZING Fabienne is and so on top of things and helpful. She and her assistant Natallie were just awesome for my wedding this past Saturday. She is dedicated and caring her assistant Natallie sweet as can be as well. I mean no one who attended my wedding realized just how hectic and crazy somethings were until I opened my mouth and said it myself. Fabienne went above and beyond to meet with my venue's team and coordinator there since she had never worked with them before and wanted to assure everything went as smooth as humanly possible for my big day. I know there were probably some moments I worried the hell out of Fabienne I mean I worried the hell out of myself to be honest so I KNOW I worried the hell out of her and not once did she ever show it. It takes a unique person to deal with a difficult person much less a spazzing bride. So again Fabienne thank you, thank you and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You're a gem and i'll tell the world well any brides at least looking for someone! XoXo-Sarah

Sent on 11/08/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

We loved your wedding and working with you. You trusted us and we always take that very seriously. It was such a great party and your guests were super fun and friendly. Thanks again for having us on board. My assistant and I both thought it was a great one!

Katherine Smithwick · Married on 10/13/2018

Be prepared for the worst (or in my case Hurricane Michael)

I got married in October on a private estate. (For those of you deciding about pros and cons of a professional wedding venue versus a private estate, talk to Fabienne. There are definitely some additional challenges (and expenses) when choosing a farm or house that are not formal wedding venues.) I was actually in grad school full time while working and planning a wedding in a different state. I was living in Massachusetts, going to grad school in Pennsylvania, and planning a wedding in Virginia. I NEEDED a wedding planner. Fabienne was great in helping form my entire vision from invite list to colors to food, etc.

What was great was that the wedding planning did not consume my life in the year prior. Once we had a vision, she gave me a couple of vendors to choose from that matched my wishlist. We booked the band, caterer, tent, and other essentials within a few weeks, and then I didn't really have to think about it until 3 months out.

In the few months before, we had many more phone calls and had to hone in on the details. This part was definitely more stressful because Fabienne thinks of every. single. little. detail. --and that is a good quality in a wedding planner.

Now here comes the amazing part...The day before the wedding, after the massive tent was set up and the lighting was put in the trees, Hurricane Michael came through and destroyed EVERYTHING. I drove up that morning to check out the venue and my massive beautiful tent was reduced to a shredded tepee. I called Fabienne, and she said, "I need you to give me permission to just make this happen." It literally came down to wire. The chairs were put up for the ceremony at 4:30 for a 5 pm ceremony. Fabienne and her group of lovely and talented assistants were feverishly working with the caterer to get the tent set up. I never even got to see the tent before the actual reception, but man, was a I in shock and awe when my husband and I walked across the field and entered the tent to do our first dance. It was not our original vision. There were no tents available to rent that were the same size as the original, so Fabienne created a new floor plan and new lay out with the three smaller tents that were combined.

It was a magical evening, and for my small hometown, it has been lauded as simply to best and most special night, and I think that has a lot to do with Fabienne.

What is perhaps even more important than having a great wedding planner is having one that works with incredible vendors. Rochelle Catering, Atmos Lighting, Loudon Event Rentals, and so many more worked so hard and well with Fabienne to make sure that the event got off smoothly despite the near calamity the night before.

My husband and I were reflecting on the whole event, and it would not have been possible without this fantastic team of people. Thank you Fabienne--we are forever grateful.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Okay, so this one made me cry. We all worked so hard, around the clock you could say to recreate this wedding in a short turnaround. The first key was that you let us do what we do and were willing to trust. The second is that yes, we DO know the best vendors and Loudoun County, VA is chock full of them to choose from. We will never know what the original outcome would have been, but I have a very sneaking suspicion it would not have been as special or as magical - you could feel the love in the room as much as we have ever encountered. Cheers to you for allowing us to do what we all know to do as tip top wedding pros.

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2018

Great motivator!

We hired Fabienne to do the flowers and day of coordination for my daughters wedding. Fabienne did an amazing job! The overall look and design at the ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations. She took the time to listen to my daughters requests for colors and types of flowers she wanted for her bridal bouquet, and it came out exactly the way she wanted. She had ideas on how to decorate this tall wooden arch for the ceremony, that we weren't sure what to do with, and that came out looking great. The venue looked absolutely beautiful all decorated with the centerpieces, florals, greenery, and votives she used. It's hard to know exactly what you are getting, you just have to trust her. She knows what she is doing. What I like most about Fabienne is that she is full of ideas and is truly a motivator! We also valued her help more than she could ever know, by just being there the day of, to coordinate everyone and tell the grandparents, parents, and wedding party when it was time to start doing the processional, and at the same time, give the musicians their cues for when to start the selected pieces of music. That took a lot of coordination! Awesome job, Fabienne! Thank you so very much!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Wedding Muse 13
    Wedding Muse 14
    Wedding Muse 15

Wedding Muse's reply:

Stephanie, working with you and your other family members was a dream come true. You gave us the leeway we needed, but were also very clear on what you wanted. I love your comment about not knowing exactly what you are getting. It is our personal goal to listen carefully but to also provide a little surprise factor that exceeds all expectations. It sounds like we succeeded, thanks to your trust in us. Best wishes!

Jillian · Married on 07/07/2018

She's amazing!

Wedding muse did an amazing job creating florals that fit my vision. The flowers were beautiful and Fabienne was amazing to work with. She was always available to answer questions and give ideas. She was patient with me when I changed my mind on what I wanted and let me continue to add/change things I was ordering. She managed to make my flowers look amazing and full even though we were on a tight budget. Through all of our interactions and her professionalism I knew I could trust her to create florals that fit what I wanted (and I would say that she surpassed my expectations!) I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Wedding Muse 16

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you! You were a dream to work with. We both understood the plan and the goal and together we made it work so well! Your ideas fit your budget perfectly, which made it easy for us to assist. The best to you!

Brandi · Married on 05/13/2018

I still can’t stop thinking about the flowers that Fabienne arranged for my wedding day. These flowers truly brought my wedding to life between the array of colors and different types of blooms. I’m not exaggerating when I say that I almost cried when I saw all of my flowers. They were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Fabienne listened to my vision and really brought it all together into something so memorable. She hit the nail on the head and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Brandi, you and Hunter made it all so easy for us! It is the most thrilling thing in the world to hear that a bride and couple thought we were meaningful to their wedding day. Cheers and the very best to you both!

Haylie · Married on 04/07/2018

We absolutely loved having Fabienne and her team a part of our wedding! They were such an essential part of making our wedding day perfect! Fabienne is very organized, attentive to detail, and creative. She made the wedding planning process and the day-of all come together perfectly. If there were any minor issues that did arise during the process, she handled it with care and the utmost professionalism, as my husband and I never found out about any of it! We only have glowing reviews and compliments for Fabienne and her work!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

It was such a pleasure! Thanks for your kind words and for choosing us to be part of your all star team! What a great wedding.

Kris · Married on 10/21/2017

Fabienne was so easy and wonderful to work with. A great listener with fabulous ideas. It was a true pleasure working with her.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Kris, thank you so much for considering us a true valued part of your team. It is always in this context that we can put our best feet forward and do our best work. I’ll miss our conversations and hope we keep in touch. Cheers!

Patricia · Married on 10/21/2017

WOW. I'm one of those believers that I can do it all--even put on a small wedding at a beautiful venue where the only thing you DON'T have to bring in are the tables and chairs. Well I stopped believing that very early on, thankfully, and hired a brilliant planner, floral designer, and all around lovely person, Fabienne Laveau, Wedding Muse. We had some challenging dynamics going on as with all weddings and Fabienne met them with grace and style. I will post photos upon receipt from our wonderful photographer, Like A Dream Photography. I would highly recommend Fabienne and her equally wonderful employees.

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Wedding Muse 17

Wedding Muse's reply:

This wonderful Mom is being modest. She planned this wedding perfectly and we were lucky enough to be her extra sets of hands and eyes ( well, and maybe we are pretty decent organizers:-) It was one of the most unique weddings but also had lots of traditional elements and family was the focus throughout the whole weekend. It was our pleasure to be part of it.

Madison Meyers · Married on 09/09/2017

Thank goodness for Fabienne and crew!!!!

When we started to get into planning our wedding, we knew we needed some help due to our demanding work schedules. Fabienne and the Wedding Muse team stepped in as our planners and designers, and we are so happy we chose them. From helping us choose the vendors to handling some challenging dynamics, they stepped in and took the lead. You could say we had a spirited group that were going to party, so it was great to have someone on hard to help manage all of those logistics, including a large number of international guests. We had a warm and magical evening, including some rowdy games that made everyone laugh until they cried. Thanks, Wedding Muse!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Wedding Muse's reply:

Oh, thank you! We feel like we made some friends and thank you again and again for trusting us enough to refer us to another lovely couple. These are among our favorite all time weddings. We hope to stay in touch. Best from the WM team!

Kat · Married on 09/03/2017

Fabienne is an amazing florist! She has great vision, creativity, and passion for what she does, which really came through on our wedding day when I saw the bouquets and floral arrangements. Everything was so graceful, beautiful, and came together perfectly! I'm not always very good at describing what I want, but Fabienne listed with patience and enthusiasm, and really did a wonderful job bringing my vision to life! She incorporated such a lovely variety of flowers, leaves, and other design elements - it felt truly unique and truly me. She was also incredibly fun to work with, very friendly, creative, and always professional. Fabienne also definitely went above and beyond, and always made herself available, despite the fact that I was living in a very different time zone. I couldn't have been happier, thank you again Fabienne!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Wedding Muse 18
    Wedding Muse 19
    Wedding Muse 20
    Wedding Muse 21

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much! We love offering our clients a variety of services and flowers is where we started in the industry so thank you for allowing us to design and create for you! You made wonderful choices for your vendors and let them have a feee hand - great strategy that paid off. Cheers and the best to you!

Maya · Married on 08/10/2017

Gold antlers! I don’t think I need to say more! But I will...Fabienne was awesome. From our first conversation to the day of, she got me and the vision I didn’t even know I had for my wedding!
    I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Maya and Michael - I can't even. Maya was the cutest bride ever. She is a university mathematics professor and I started off thinking she might be on the more studious and serious side. Well, she surprised me all the way from her gown to the wedding that kept getting a little more pink. She ended up being one of the most tickled brides, so in love with her choice of groom and just in love with it all. This is one couple I will not soon forget! Thanks to this sweet couple for trusting us with their day. I will add, absolute best dressed crowd, these folks know how to wear it! Nothing but a fabulous evening.

Chase · Married on 07/22/2017

Fabienne was a pleasure to work with. The thing that impressed us most was that she spent a lot of time really understanding our vision and then made it a reality. We were wanting a much more "natural" look, with lots of greens, potted plants when possible, and some subtle touches like succulents, herbs, etc. Fabienne took our pinterest board and made it a reality. In the end, the flowers, runners, and small pieces looked great and took our entire reception of a level in elegance. She was also very respectful of our budget and worked with us to get a beautiful output within the parameters of our budget. I'd highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Pearl · Married on 06/23/2017

I do not live in Washington DC but the brides family is from there and we did the Rehearsal dinner at the Sequoia and the Wedding Muse (Fabienne) was recommended to us. We did everything online and on the phone and she was able to pick up on what I had wanted. It turned out to be spectacular!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow and what a rehearsal dinner with over 200 people in one of the most chic of DC restaurants. It was like a wedding! Thank you so much for choosing us and for giving us such a unique and modern concept to work with. It was amazing! We loved designing for this very elegant event.

Adrienne · Married on 05/28/2017

We used Fabienne Laveau (Wedding Muse) for my daughter's wedding on May 28, 2017. Fabienne was both the florist and the wedding planner. For us this was a good combination since we didn't have to worry about any miscommunication. Both my daughter and myself had very definite ideas on how the day should go and what the flowers and other room decor should look like. Fabienne had wonderful decor items for us to use and she listened carefully to what my daughter and her now husband wanted. She is honest if she doesn't have something you want and will work with items brought in. I think everything came out exactly how my daughter imagined it. As a planner she was a good person to bounce ideas off of. I was pretty independent in choosing the other vendors and the accommodations for our guests, but I did call on her several times to help me understand the workings of the Charlottesville area since we live in another state. Fabienne did look over the contracts and also helped get the waivers needed for our venue. This is where I needed help and it was good to have someone to do this for us. On the day of the wedding the only question to me was about the weather. Fabienne along with the coordinator from C & O (our food vendor) stepped in to make sure my daughter had her outdoor ceremony. They got people off the buses and into their seats in record time so that we accomplished the ceremony beautifully with only a few sprinkles. The night ran very smoothly and everyone was pleased. Fabienne and her assistant Heather packed up all of the items that belonged to us and got them into the cars we left. This allowed us to get on the buses back to the hotels and visit with our friends and family. I would highly recommend Fabienne Laveau the Wedding Muse.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Wow, we are blown away with this review! Thank you so much for trusting us and for following up with this lovely description of our services. It was a perfect event and what a team we all were. The best to your families, who we really enjoyed knowing for the year of planning.
  • F

Francesca · Married on 10/08/2016

Fabienne was a JOY to work with. I had multiple meetings with her and she was able to capture my vision for florals perfectly. I wanted a HUGE and wild bouquet and that is exactly what I got! I was complimented all night on how gorgeous and unique my bouquet was. The table arrangements were perfect. Could not have been happier :)! You will not regret using her for your upcoming event!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much, Fran. I am glad you were at that little wedding show where we met! So happy we were able to translate your vision, especially that crazy big bouquet - it was you all the way!!!

Sandy · Married on 10/01/2016

We hired Fabienne to do both flowers and wedding planning for us and would highly recommend her for both services! She had been recommended to us by our venue (Sequoia restaurant in Washington, DC) and it was great to have someone that knew the space and has done so many weddings there! She was really great to work with-- she really worked with our budget and was very honest and straightforward with us, which we really appreciated and she never tried to convince us to increase our budget. She really listened to what I wanted and took and executed our vision perfectly! We loved the flower arrangements that she put together for us! I definitely felt that she stretched our budget as much as she could and the end result was wonderful. I could not say enough nice things about her! If you want to trust someone with your big day, she is definitely the way to go!!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Wedding Muse's reply:

Sandy, you two were the best. I have already expressed that spending the year and half with you was really so enjoyable, especially our Sunday evening chats. I always knew where you/we/I stood and that is the key to a wonderful planning process. I loved having 'my' New Yorker clients, and love that you chose this area for your wedding. Cheers!

Pat · Married on 09/24/2016

For my son's rehearsal dinner, I worked long-distance by phone and email with Fabienne and she was able to interpret my preferences perfectly! She was attentive to every detail and very pleasant to work with. I could not have been happier!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Thank you so much! It was fun working with you and it felt like I knew you. So great when it works that way! Cheers!
  • I

Ireyon · Married on 09/03/2016

Fabienne was truly a god send! I recently got married at Morais Vineyard in Bealton Va and needed a florist. I went to bridal shows and set up meeting with other florist but they either didnt get my vision or were way too much. I came across Fabienne on wedding wire and my prayers were answered. Not only was she warm and delightful, but she was also afforable and her work was out of this world! Everything from the aisle decor to the centerpieces were truly beautiful. With the venus being so grand I really needed flowers to match but I didnt have grand flowers money and she truly made it happen for me anyway. At the end of the night we were getting high praise from friends and family about how beautiful everything was, my wedding planner had to explain to a guest that they couldnt take the centerpieces home without switching vases. :)

Sent on 09/26/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Ireyon, that is the sweetest review. We love to help make visions and dreams come true with careful discussion of your idea and also your budget. We talked, you listened and it is a great example to brides who want a lot of look with a reasonable budget. Thanks so much for your kind words and I agree, it was lovely!

Trudy · Married on 07/16/2016

My daughter and new son in law were recently married at Morais Vineyards in Bealeton Va. Our wonderful wedding coordinator recommended Fabienne Laveau from WeddingMuse. From our first meeting (which she spent over two hours with me) to our last was exactly what I had been looking for in a florist. Both my daughter and I agreed we wanted a very large statement in the flowers and Fabienne delivered so much more then we ever envisioned. First she created such a beautiful backdrop with the flowers on the pergola and in the aisle flowers and petals leading down the walkway. Second, our guests walked into the reception area where they were blown away (so were we) with the most beautiful flowers throughout. Large centerpieces and small all throughout in white, soft pink and hints of green turning our gold and white Gatsby themed wedding in a replica of the luncheon with Daisy and J Gatsby in the movie "The Great Gatsby". Jennifer's bridal bouquet was stunning. Fabienne delivered on every point. Her kindness and ease to work with was as if I was doing business with a dear friend of many years. I recommend you find her at her little shop and secure your date as soon as you can. Trudy Slocum Fredericksburg VA

Sent on 07/16/2016

Wedding Muse's reply:

Well, this Mom and bride made our time together a dream come true. We were given great instructions, but also the perfect amount of leeway resulting in our favorite combination of delivering flawless interpretation, with a small element of surprise. What a great and enjoyable experience that we will treasure.