244 Reviews for Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff

Methodist (1)
Quaker (1)
Unitarian (1)
244 Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff Reviews

Jeff did a really fantastic job officiating our wedding and we received a lot of compliments from our guests about his leading of our ceremony. Totally agree with other reviewers that hiring Jeff is like having an extra wedding planner--his attention to detail for things like pacing of the ceremony, special cultural touches, placing of the bridal party, and even the logistical aspects of conducting a wedding ceremony is incredibly helpful and really put us at ease. Jeff puts a lot of effort into getting to know the couples he works with and it's clear that he is truly passionate about officiating weddings. He is also very knowledgeable and helpful regarding the administrivia of getting married--name changing, getting a marriage license, etc. We also really liked that Jeff has real-life experience leading a congregation and has a real, professional background in ministry--he is NOT someone who became ordained online and is just looking to make money. This is his calling and it shows. Highly recommend Jeff for weddings of any background or faith!

Profile Picture AC, 4/28/18, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Methodist, Rehearsal, Licensed

Jeff did an amazing job preparing for and officiating our wedding. He had specific knowledge of our cultural backgrounds that he was able to bring into the wedding, and he tailored the experience to our preferences. Jeff is an absolute pro-- it was a huge relief to have him walk us through the rehearsal. It was like having an extra wedding planner. He's a genuinely funny and nice guy, and we would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Drew, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jeff officiated my husband and I twice! The first we decided to do a last minute ceremony at the courthouse when we went to get our marriage license. The second at our wedding ceremony a year later. Each ceremony felt so personal like Jeff had known us forever. He really does such a great job and has no problem going off script when things don’t go as planned (I.e. father of the bride arriving late to ceremony and deciding to walk through the on going ceremony) . Jeff is so awesome to work with and he does more than just weddings!

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Licensed, Civil Union, Non-religious, Vow Renewal

Jeff was absolutely amazing. He came recommended by the venue. We met with him once before the ceremony, which was great because he got to know us as a couple. We didn't want someone who could just marry us the day of, we preferred someone who got to know us a little. Jeff brought a great personality to our wedding day & used some of the things he knew about us to make our day that much more special. He was also very responsive and attentive. If you're looking for an officiant Jeff is great!

Profile Picture Shanee, 4/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We saw Jeff conduct a friends ceremony in the DC area and thought he was perfect. Once we were engaged we didn't even both doing any additional research or interviewing. We emailed Jeff, he was incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and was very flexible regarding times to meet up and what not. He was very attentive to make sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted, and made the rehearsal quick, but informational, while still making it fun. Many people told me how impressed they were with him//how much they liked him. I would definitely recommend to everyone I know.

Profile Picture Maura, 3/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

“How’d you find your officiant?” “Our DJ” … phrases not often associated with the coolest officiants ever… but that’s right, we were first introduced to Jeff through our DJ, DJ Romin (who’s equally as awesome!). We knew we wanted to get married by someone charismatic and well spoken – someone who could captivate our guests while also making our wedding ceremony memorable and meaningful for us. Jeff is a class-act professional – and didn’t disappoint on any of our wants and desires in “the perfect officiant”. He helped us craft a personalized wedding ceremony from start to finish. We were also interested in pre-marital counseling, but didn’t know if it could work out given he was in Alexandria (near our wedding venue) and we lived in NYC. Jeff helped organized a “crash course” session while we were in town over Christmas and it was perfect. My only regret – not living closer so we could complete the full package. His sessions included several personality assessments in advance and allowed us to discover and talk about what made us similar, what made us different, and how we can grow as a couple as newlyweds and beyond. My brother and future sister-in-law are getting married in a few months… if my uncle wasn’t already signed up to marry them, they were ready to get on team Jeff following our ceremony!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Civil Union

Jeff was amazing and so funny! Everyone asked me where I found him! He did such an awesome job, everything I expected and more!

Profile Picture Gaby, 1/27/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Vow Renewal, No Denomination, Licensed

Jeff married my husband and I about a month ago and he was just amazing. He brought so much to our ceremony and I felt like he really knew and cared about us as a couple. He was extremely responsive and really worked with me on every detail of the ceremony to make sure it was perfect. He is a true professional and you can tell he really loves what he does. I more than highly recommend having Jeff officiate your wedding. Jeff really helped to assure me everything was going to be perfect and it was. He brought something very special to our marriage.

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/6/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Jeff officiated our wedding and also provided some counseling. He was outstanding in all respects. On wedding day, Jeff is totally unflappable and has a confidence and warmth that rubs off on everyone. Jeff has many dozens of outstanding reviews and for good reason. He is a truly outstanding officiant and we would recommend him highly to anyone. Thank you again Jeff!!

Profile Picture Marc, 11/19/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Counseling, Agnostic

Jeff was amazing conducting our ceremony. He guided us throughout the whole thing, and had it all handled. His stage presence was wonderful - he is so good with words. He was incredibly flexible and always immediately responded to all my emails. He was so on it. He has performed a lot of ceremonies, and is well versed in many different types of ceremonies to include various cultural traditions. My husband is Armenian and although we didn't put much Armenian wedding tradition into our ceremony, Jeff was ready to do whatever we wanted. He had ample templates for us to read through and ideas to personalize our ceremony, which was a huge help, and took all of our ideas and created such a beautiful flow to the ceremony. He guided our actions every step of the way during the ceremony and even had a handkerchief for me to use as I started to cry. He was wonderful, and we got so many compliments on how great our officiant was. We HIGHLY recommend. (Not to mention, he is one of the very few who are actually legally able to marry people in Virginia, as they have strict laws about this!) Thank you Jeff for all you did!!!

Profile Picture Betsy, 11/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

The officiant was one of the last details we booked before our wedding (3 weeks out), not knowing it should have been one of the first things we looked to do. Finding working with Jeff so close to our wedding date was a wonderful experience. Jeff took the time to have multiple conversations with me (the bride), and to meet with me and my fiancé before the ceremony. Jeff provided us with many different ceremony options, personalizing the one we liked best. We had a small, intimate wedding, and Jeff walked us through the whole thing without a rehearsal. I only wish we had found him sooner! Thanks Jeff!!

Profile Picture Maysea, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The officiant was one of the last details we booked before our wedding (3 weeks out), not knowing it should have been one of the first things we looked to do. Finding working with Jeff so close to our wedding date was a wonderful experience. Jeff took the time to have multiple conversations with me (the bride), and to meet with me and my fiancé before the ceremony. He really took the time to get to know us, provided many different ceremony options, and really personalized the one we liked best. We had a small, intimate wedding, and Jeff walked us through the whole thing without a rehearsal. It was a wonderful experience working with Jeff, I wish we would have found him sooner! Thanks Jeff!!

Profile Picture Maysea, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I planned our very small, intimate wedding ceremony in only 2.5 months. One of the best decisions we made was working with Jeff! He was very responsive and accommodating and even helped us find our wedding venue. Our initial meeting with Jeff was great. He is very friendly and open to learning about us as a couple and exactly what kind of ceremony we wanted. The day of the wedding, Jeff was wonderful! He made sure we both knew what to expect and what to do, and had a way of putting everyone at ease. The ceremony was beautiful and many guests commented on how great Jeff was and how much they enjoyed the ceremony. He genuinely cares and wants to make sure your day is personal and meaningful to you both. He was really helpful even after the wedding, too, taking care of submitting our marriage license and offering guidance as to how to request certified copies. We highly recommend Jeff!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony. We appreciated the time he took to get to know us at our initial meeting and he incorporated some of the personal details from that meeting into our ceremony. I hadn't been to many outdoor weddings so at first planning a ceremony seemed to be a major undertaking. Jeff's templates and thoughtful approach made crafting our final ceremony rewarding and personal. He has a number of practical pointers that ensured that we were prepared for all the various outdoor elements. We felt so comfortable with Jeff and his kind demeanor and professionalism ensured a very special ceremony for us.

Profile Picture Paula, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff is absolutely amazing! He is very knowledgeable and helpful with the whole license process. So glad we were able to get him to sign off on our license! He literally saved the day!

Profile Picture Julisa, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff was great! We met with him several months before our ceremony to get to know each other and discuss what we wanted. Jeff then provided several resources (scripts, readings, etc.) to help us customize our ceremony. Unfortunately, Jeff had a professional obligation came up for our wedding day, but he arranged for his colleague John to be our officiant. We met a couple weeks before the wedding to review the script for our ceremony, get acquainted with John, and tie up loose ends. The ceremony was beautiful, and we're thankful to both Jeff and John for all of their help in making the day ours.

Profile Picture Katrina, 10/15/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

We are so happy that Jeff was our officiant. We met Jeff over a year before our wedding, and not only did he provide amazing services for the ceremony, he provided pre-marital counseling sessions for us that were invaluable. We were blending families, and other counselors we previously went to could not quite grasp what we needed. Jeff stepped in and during our first session made us feel calmer, and provided us tools that we still use today. Jeff was available 24/7, whenever we needed sometime to listen. He was always responsive and patient. And the day of the wedding, Jeff was amazing. Jeff personalized our ceremony for us, and made it very memorable. All of our guests commented on Jeff's amazing personality and wonderful speaking voice. Jeff is an officiant who will take the time to get to know you and perform a ceremony that is perfect and special in every way. Jeff is a true professional and it was an honor to have him perform our ceremony.

Profile Picture User6310762, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jeff helped to set the tone for our special day and ensured we had a smooth ceremony but his services started long before our wedding date. Jeff took the time to meet with us in person, months before our wedding day, to get to know us so we could have a more personalized ceremony. Jeff gives you options for multiple ceremony types and allows you to pick and choose the one you'd like, even if that means mixing and matching some of the templates or creating your own entirely. His commanding presence gives you a sense of security on a day when nerves can be running a bit high as he makes sure every ceremony detail is taken care of in the final stretch. That same commanding presence (and voice) will help ensure you too can have as special of a day as we did.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/8/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Jeff Maszal is a class act. He figuratively (and sometimes literally) held our hands from the initial inquiry months in advance to a final meeting minutes before our ceremony --all the while providing sage guidance and thoughtful suggestions. The ceremony itself was just what we wanted and the end result is not only a happy marriage but also an unreserved endorsement of Jeff. We additionally found Jeff to be a useful resource for recommendations of other wedding service providers like the photographer and musician, etc.

Profile Picture David, 9/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jeff provided an unique perspective and offered a plethora of experience when dealing with weddings . Providing us with different options on how we can proceed with the ceremony made the decision making process 10 times easier . I would highly recommend Jeff for any other ceremony . Words alone cannot express our deep gratitude for Jeff making our day a little extra special.

Profile Picture Michael, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jeff was a fabulous officiant for our wedding day! Not only is he a gifted public speaker, he went above and beyond to make sure our ceremony went off without a hitch. He met with us in person several times to discuss the big day, was very responsive, listened to any concerns we had and provided guidance, and did everything in his power to ensure we had the best day of our lives. He even made sure the sun wouldn't be in my eyes during the ceremony, helped us plan the processional and seating, and sent me instructions on how to change my name afterwards :) He has so many templates and recommendations to make your ceremony as personal and customized as you'd like. We highly recommend Jeff!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a great experience using Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff as our wedding officiant on August 12th, 2017 and for our pre-marital counseling. Jeff is a very friendly person and is easy to work with. When we first met him, we ended up talking with him for about two hours about the wedding and just getting to know each other. He has a good sense of humor and is open and knowledgeable about different cultures, which was nice since my husband is from the Netherlands. Jeff has many different types of ceremonies to choose from (religious, non-religious, traditional, contemporary, etc.), and he allowed us to customize our ceremony by combining pieces from multiple ceremonies to make ours exactly how we wanted it. He responded positively when we told him we wanted to do a live-stream video of our ceremony to my husband’s family and friends overseas that could not be there.
Jeff also did pre-marital counseling with us using the Prepare-Enrich program, and we enjoyed working with him during two extended sessions instead of the four standard sessions. We live about two hours away from Northern Virginia, so it was difficult for us to come up to the area with both of us being in graduate school, so he was able to accommodate our situation. He was great at our wedding ceremony and was interactive with the guests. Everything turned out beautifully! The guests loved how he was able to make the ceremony very special and unique. We would recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a wedding officiant and/or pre-marital counselor!

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/12/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Outstanding officiant. Great voice, great presence, and demonstrated an ability to properly pronounce a couple Chinese names during ceremony! Had some good suggestions just prior to ceremony to help make things go smoother.

Profile Picture Steven, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jeff was great! My husband and I were stressed when our original officiant fell through a month or so before our wedding. Jeff jumped in and didn't miss a beat. From our first phone call we were confident that he would do an amazing job and he didn't disappoint. He took the time to really know us as a couple, and the ceremony went exactly as we envisioned it.

Profile Picture Maegan, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews