Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff Reviews

303 Reviews for Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff

• Christine

Christine Mckibbin · Getting married on 05/06/2022

Wedding success!

We could not have asked for a better experience and highly recommend Jeff! Jeff was extremely friendly and professional. Our wedding was a quick elopement. We traveled to Virginia with the plan of eloping. We reached out to Jeff that morning to see if he would be available that afternoon to marry us. Not only was he available and accommodating, but he helped us navigate the process of obtaining a marriage license (during COVID). Our expectations of a basic courthouse wedding were completely exceeded. Jeff provided us with many beautiful location options to have our small private ceremony since we were not familiar with the area. We ended up having our civil ceremony in Alexandria right on the water at Oronoco Bay Park. We could not have asked for a better experience and are grateful Jeff was a part of our special day!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Bobby Haywood · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Excellent officiant choice!

Jeff was our first and only officiant prospect for our wedding this past June. We met him virtually after COVID hit via Facetime and immediately knew that he was going to be our officiant pick. He was professional with a great sense of humor that complimented our style and asked questions about us as well as filled us on on his services and how he runs a ceremony.

Once we made the decision, Jeff worked with us every step of the way and provided us with several pre-written ceremonies that we could mix and match to our liking, which we did; as well as included some custom statements ourselves. Jeff was very easy to work with while doing this, and provided our ceremony exactly as we outlined. His responsiveness was often within a day or two and always very helpful.

On the day of the ceremony, Jeff arrived promptly on time as discussed and went over a few things with me (the groom) and my soon to be wife separately, beforehand. Everything went exactly as planned, and we could not be happier with his services provided.

Jeff was great and fun to work with, especially during this national crisis, and worked through all of our questions and needs. We would recommend him highly to anyone in the area. Thank you Jeff!!

Sent on 07/15/2020

Nataliya · Getting married on 06/17/2021

Jeff was so great! I contacted him about a week out from our civil ceremony (waiting until the last minute, of course) and I'm so glad he was available!! He performed what he calls "an elopement ceremony" with just our parents present. Jeff suggested a great location in Alexandria, right next to the courthouse and while we hit a few hiccups right before the ceremony, he absolutely kept his cool. Jeff helped us take some family photos, waited with us while our parents were lost/stuck in traffic and even took his time to get to know us while we waited. He delivered exactly as promised and if our close friend wasn't doing our actual wedding ceremony, I would've signed Jeff up in a heartbeat!! Trust me, you won't regret working with him!

Sent on 08/07/2015
  • Sam

Sam DeJordy · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Thank you, Jeff!!!!

After COVID-19 derailed our original wedding plans in MD, we found ourselves scrambling to get legally married in VA. Jeff was very responsive and helpful when I reached out about a marriage license signing, and he came to our apartment on our original wedding day and married us right in our livingroom! It was certainly not how I imagined getting married, but it was perfect nonetheless. Thank you, Jeff, for being so flexible and making this happen for us!

Sent on 08/13/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Clevenger · Getting married on 04/23/2021

Great experience!

With our out of town wedding having been postponed to 2021, due to the pandemic, we were eager to go ahead and tie the knot. I reached out to Jeff and he answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease. On the day we got married, which was also the day we met Jeff, he was very interested in getting to know us. This made us very comfortable and he was able to personalize our ceremony and vows. We cannot thank him enough for marrying us during these tough times and would absolutely recommend him to anyone in the area.

Sent on 04/21/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin Blaser · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Best Officiant Ever

Jeffrey was the most wonderful officiant we could have asked for! He made the whole process so simple and guided us through all the ways we could customize our wedding. He even had an awesome idea about a whiskey ceremony that fit with our relationship perfectly. He calmed all of our nerves and made the ceremony so easy and FUN! We were able to stream our wedding to our friends and family who couldn't join us due to COVID and the resounding feedback was that Jeffrey was the best officiant they have seen. If you want to be able to relax and enjoy your ceremony, I highly suggest working with him!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Jane F · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Russian Orthodox Ceremony Perfection

Jeff was the perfect priest for our wedding, he went above and beyond to make our ceremony special. He agreed to do a Russian Orthodox ceremony for us and prepared exceptionally well. So much so that all of our relatives in Russia were very impressed with his work. He was always available and made everyone comfortable and at ease. Truly remarkable person to work with. I recommend him whole heartedly for your wedding ceremony.

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • V&B

V&B Pruss · Married on 10/11/2020

Wonderful, emotional ceremony

Jeff took a rainy day and made everybody smile, laugh, and cry. His officiating was wonderfully performed. He walked us through all the steps and helped us with a custom ceremony that fit our personalities and wants. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Britany

Britany Higdon · Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic Wedding Officiant

Jeff is fantastic to work with prior to our wedding, and was even better the day of! He listened to our wishes for how we wanted the ceremony to go, and added little notes on the day, and it was perfect! We wanted it light hearted with humor, and he did just that! We were smiling and laughing, and so were our guests. He is helpful in prepping the moments before the ceremony, especially with small details that you didn’t think of, like the hand off from Dad to future husband! He makes sure it goes as smooth as possible! Don’t look any further, definitely book Jeff!

Sent on 10/13/2020

ladybug · Married on 06/20/2020

Jeff was Magic

Jeff was an awesome officiant, making our day so special. He responded to my emails quickly and gave me options on ceremony locations and ceremony templates. He wasn't dry and his personality made it comfortable and heartfelt. It was truly a blessing to have him marry us!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Leslie Hoff · Married on 06/05/2020

Perfectly designed and executed ceremony!

Could not be happier with the ceremony last weekend - the personal stories and details Jeff worked into the ceremony were perfect - just the right amount of humor and solemnity for a wonderful occasions. Many guests commented on how great he was, he helped the bride and groom relax, as well as visiting with groom and his groomsmen, and bride and her bridesmaids prior to the ceremony. He had some wonderful suggestions for special additions to the ceremony. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • RJ Johnston

RJ Johnston · Married on 04/04/2020

WOW! Jeff is a MASTER of his craft

Jeff is a master of his craft. I literally had no idea what I was doing and Jeff calmly and professionally walked me through the process - He recommended location, recommended a Top Notch Photographer, clearly advised everything we had to do post ceremony and even drove to my house to get the marriage license as wedding day nerves got to me and could not find the license before the ceremony!!

Jeff made my wife and I VERY comfortable. Her nerves were shot and he calmed her right down with his candor and charm. The ceremony was GREAT! Just the right mix of laughter, religion, and modern day writings. Couldn't have asked for better. Thanks Jeff!!!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Tammi

Tammi Webster · Married on 03/15/2020

Amazing officiant!!

Wow! Jeff was wonderful! I can't say enough positive things about him! As soon as we contacted him, he set up a video phone call with us. He asked us lots of questions about our relationship and formed a strong connection with us. He really was interested in our history, and used the information we told him as he was officiating our wedding. He was humorous, yet touching at the same time. I had quite a few guests comment on what a great job he did, and they thought we must have known him for a long time! Jeff was courteous, friendly and invested in us! I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Alex Costner · Married on 02/22/2020

A Sweet Surprise

Jeff is incredible!

My husband and I had a hiccup prior to the wedding that resulted in our ceremony officiant not being certified with the state. Still wanting to use them, we knew we had to come up with a plan to still be legally married. I was a traditional Bride with southern roots, so I was hesitant to "get married" prior to the big day. After reading some reviews we went with Jeff, and I could not have asked for better. Not only was he super accommodating and flexible, but he made the experience of a marriage license signing personal. I never expected to sign a license or say I Dos at a Hampton Inn, but it could not have been better. Not only was I appreciative of the time he took with me and husband, but my family was as well! Jeff is funny and personable, and started our wedding weekend off on the right foot!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Dina Russo · Married on 02/01/2020

Best decision made!

You need to have Jeff officiate your wedding! I came across Jeff's profile on a few different wedding websites and I watched his video where I loved his approach to weddings - he really seemed to know what he was doing. An officiant is one of the most important people on your wedding day and you don't want anything to go wrong - and that's where Jeff comes in! He is so amazing at making everyone feel at ease and he makes the process so easy. All of my guests loved him and his energy! He listened to us and helped us craft the ceremony of our dreams. He was invaluable at rehearsal and things that I wouldn't even think of he made sure to note and give us advice on. Jeff is a true professional - I would recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 02/05/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina C · Married on 01/05/2020

Long Distance Wedding

The Bride and Groom did not meet Jeff in person until just weeks before their wedding. Jeff is approachable, has a wonderful sense of humor, and a lighthearted aura that sets people at ease. He also is confident, and will take charge and help out if needed. He inserted respectful humor into our wedding ceremony, and made not only the Bride and Groom laugh, but all the guests as well!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Bradt · Married on 12/07/2019

Helped us have the ceremony we always wanted

Jeff is an incredible professional. We used his legal signing services, and I couldn't have asked for a better man to sign our documents. He was funny and charming, and I have no doubt that he'd be an absolutely incredible officiant.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Reynolds · Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful!

Jeff came through for us in a lot of big ways. We were an unusual interfaith couple that needed some adjustments to our vows and he gave us a lot of samples to help us build a ceremony. Our rehearsal was professional and helpful, filled with great tips on everything from standing to putting on a ring. The ceremony itself was so moving that it brought guests of all faiths to tears (plus was smoothly choreographed after an unexpected seating change). We could not have asked for anyone better. Thank you, Jeff!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Effie

Effie E Smith · Married on 11/16/2019

Professional, experienced, and responsive

From the moment that I first contacted Jeff, I knew he was the perfect choice for our wedding. He was flexible with our wedding date and time and offered us a customizable template to build our elopement ceremony into something very personal. He answered every question I had for him and gave us every material you could possibly want. He suggested everything from photographers to potential rain venues and even sent me directions on how to apply for a permit to use the DC War Memorial for our special day. He took the time to Facetime with me to get to know more about me and my partner and incorporated all of those details into our ceremony--even taking the time to mention our beloved dog!

I think the most impressive thing about Jeff is just how calm he is. It is clear that he knows every nook and cranny and every possible option for every type of wedding. He always has a back up plan and words of advice for even the most anxious and detail-oriented brides such as myself. Everything from start to finish went smoothly with Jeff. I could not be happier with our choice and would recommend him wholeheartedly to any other couple.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Boschma · Married on 11/09/2019

Love, Smiles, and Tears

We could never have had the wedding day experience we had without Jeff. He made the entire process of getting married fun, exciting, romantic, and completely original and unique. Both of our families raved about the ceremony and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. Jeff brings so much to the table, including his knowledge of how to legally get married (with a marriage license) and how to flawlessly execute a name change. He was truly along with us for the entire journey and we will never be able to thank him enough. Jeff, you are amazing.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Sam

Sam Lehman · Married on 10/25/2019

Best Officiant - Professional, Funny and Detailed

Jeff was a simply the best. I felt like he knew us and understood what we wanted out of our wedding. He was very professional and funny! He helped us write up our ceremony and vows so it was appropriate for both of our families. Truly rewarding experience getting a chance to work with him. I would 100% recommend Jeff if your looking for a Officiant.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing and Funny!

Jeff was so responsive and easy to work with. He was more than an officiant! He helped us with several questions we had and is very experienced. My mom told
    Me after the wedding that he helped the wedding coordinator by handling where to set the chairs up and how many in each line. He did an amazing job with the ceremony and made it so special! I also noticed that he stepped to the side in some of our photos (when we kissed, etc. ) I would HIGHLY recommend Jeff!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/18/2019

Loved Jeff - our guests loved him even more!

I’ve never been to a wedding where I hear repetitive compliments on the officiant and being asked “Where did you find this guy?”, until we got married in October this year. Jeff is personable, sweet, witty and a true professional. We STILL have guests asking us about him and saying how wonderful of a ceremony we had. We’ve even been told it’s the best ceremony they’ve ever witnessed. I can’t make this up. From the first time we met Jeff, we knew we could trust him with our special day. He listened to all the details of how we met, to our preferences in ceremony, our dog’s name, hobbies, and overall feel for the day. At each meeting before the wedding, he didn’t skip a beat and we picked up on discussing details right where we left off. The pictures and our smiles in them say enough about how incredible our ceremony was with Jeff!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Eunju

Eunju Park · Married on 10/13/2019

Seamless & Foolproof

Jeff was everything we wanted in a wedding officiant, and everything a wedding officiant should be. We first met Jeff at a get-to-know-you session and we were instantly sold. Jeff has such deep knowledge and experience with wedding ceremonies—and it shows! He gave us great tips and so many materials to work with to craft the perfect wedding ceremony. You can tell that Jeff has been doing this for so long, and has developed his own collection of advice born of sheer experience—things you wouldn’t have thought about, but which make so much sense. He ran our day-before rehearsal quickly and professionally, and his mix of humor and solemnity was well received during the ceremony; he wove many little anecdotal nuggets about our lives throughout. I especially appreciated his subtle cues during the ceremony to make sure everyone knew what to do when we needed to do it. Jeff made our wedding ceremony seamless and foolproof.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall Stone · Married on 10/12/2019

It was great working with Jeff!

We met with Jeff because our venue recommended him - we are so glad we did! He gave us everything we needed and worked with us to create the perfect ceremony for us as a couple. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/16/2019