Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff Reviews

Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 4
Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 5
Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 6

Jan Kapcia · Married on 01/10/2019

Jeff helped make our day perfect

We cannot recommend Jeff highly enough.
    Such a good person, brings joy, laughter and warmth to the room, but is also very calming and knowledgeable on what could be a stressful or nervous day.

Jeff was so flexible for any situation - in choosing our vows, in booking a venue and co-ordinating with that, and with us both living overseas (I am British, my wife American and we both flew to Virginia for our wedding). Jeff was great to deal with for facetime or skype calls, email, the logistics of the day and for helping us plan the details of the day, big or small.

Very relaxed manner, Jeff made it very easy, fun and straightforward.
    It's a special day, and we thank you Jeff for your role in that.

Jessica Stafford · Married on 01/01/2019

Very accommodating

We asked for simple and sweet for our elopement. He met us at the location of our choosing and even offered suggestions of places as we were not from the area. He was flexible with what time we chose (married on a holiday). Very professional and was extremely friendly. Highly reccomend.

Vananh · Married on 12/04/2018

Jeff made everything easy and simple!

From our first meeting at the local Panera Bread, to our continuous email communication, to our wedding day, it was an absolute pleasure working with our officant, Jeff Maszal. He was everything we could hope for: patient, flexible, full of helpful suggestions, and always carry a positive attitude.
    After our meeting at Panera Bread to get to know each other better, Jeff sent us an email with different templates for the ceremony that proved to be very helpful when we start selecting blessings and readings. He offered suggestions that he feel may be of use to us, given our cultural wish to respect and honor our families. When our wedding ceremony changed from a simple (and separate) civil ceremony into a more complicated mix of civil and Vietnamese tea ceremony, Jeff was more than ready to work with us to enable a smooth transition/bridging of the two ceremonies (within the same hour and venue!). As Jeff had prior experience with Viet/Chinese tea ceremonies, it made it all so much easier.
    On the wedding day, Jeff was the total professional and yet, also a caring friend. He took care of us, kept us calm and anxiety-free. The ceremony was beautiful, and all our families and guests were impressed by his delivery. My non-Vietnamese in-laws found his words touching, and my traditionalist Vietnamese parents thought it was well done how he bridged the civil and tea ceremony effortlessly. Through his gentle voice, his steady demeanor, and his well-chosen words, Jeff gave our wedding ceremony so much more meaning and made it all the more special. Thanks Jeff!!!

Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 7

Kristin Baxter · Married on 11/11/2018

Fantastic Ceremony!

Jeff did a fantastic job with our wedding ceremony! The ceremony itself was really lovely and personal. He worked with us to customize and tailor the ceremony to reflect our beliefs and honor the people and traditions that are important to us. Prior to the ceremony he worked closely with my fiance and I so we knew what to expect during the ceremony. The detailed staging directions he provided were fantastic -everyone in the wedding party knew exactly what to do and there were no surprises. All of our guests commented on how well done the ceremony was.

• Naomi

Naomi Green · Married on 11/09/2018

Great Officiant

Jeff gave me and my wife a very memorable elopement ceremony which we will always be grateful. He had a good sense of humor and was genuinely happy to be there to officiate even on bad weather conditions. He is responsive and in our case, the most flexible celebrant who could schedule a ceremony in Old Town Alexandria during the week. Thanks for making our ceremony about us and our commitment.

• Kim

Kim · Married on 10/20/2018

Funny and Professional officiant

Read the rest of the reviews and look at how many awards this guy has. He's a professional that comes prepared for not only the ceremony but other things to help your day go smoothly. Highly recommend him to any in need of an officiant.

• Bailey

Bailey · Married on 10/06/2018

Jeff was amazing!

Jeff was honestly amazing. He was by far the most responsive vendor we worked with, was extremely flexible in letting us tailor our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted/what we felt reflected us as a couple, and provided great suggestions along the way. The night of our wedding, we received multiple comments from guests letting them know what a great job he did. He has an excellent sense of humor and brought our guests to laughter multiple times - which is just a testament to how he made an effort to go to know me and my now-husband throughout the process. I couldn't be more pleased with our decision to choose Jeff as our officiant, and I can promise others they won't be disappointed if they do the same :)

Elaina · Married on 09/29/2018

Jeff was amazing! Definitely one of my favorite vendors that I picked. My guests all thought that I knew him personally because he is so personal and makes you feel so comfortable! He has a ton of examples of different types of ceremonies written up that you can pick and choose from or make one of your own, which we loved cause we had no idea where to start! He is very organized and even has the whole process to legally get married/change your name on his website which helped me a lot! I had a lot of guests tell me how great he was and I am so glad we picked him! Plus he is a Washington Capitals fan just like me and my husband and added a comment about the Caps into our ceremony which we loved! Go caps and go Jeff! :)

Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 8
    Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 9
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly recommend Jeff!

Jeff was an amazing officiant. Through one in person meeting and emails, he really got to know us as a couple and made our ceremony personal. We wanted a hybrid Jewish/Irish wedding and he helped guide us to create exactly what we wanted. It was a beautiful ceremony that captured both of our cultures.

He gave us great tips during the rehearsal, like putting flowers on my veil to keep the wind from blowing it away, where to look when walking down the aisle. He was so professional and personable at the same time. We got so many compliments on him from our guests. I highly recommend Jeff!

Christopher · Married on 09/21/2018

From the first moment we met Jeff, we new he was the man! His demeanor and humor simply puts you at ease! Honestly, a sense of calm is what you are looking for on your wedding day, and trust when I tell you that is exactly what Jeff provides. Jeff can provide all you need to make your vows flawless, is happy to "personalize" if you choose, and takes the time to get to know the couples. His humor shines in the best way, and his professionalism and dedication makes him memorable. Amy and I were truly honored to have Jeff as our wedding officiant. Amy and Chris, September 21, 2018 - Morais Vineyards

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Our journey with Jeff was truly a blessing. From the beginning he was easy to open up to, and enjoyed our story as much as we did. We also found that he was intuitively in-tune with our dynamic as a couple, and that intuition translated into a deeply insightful premarital counseling session (which Jeff provides as an option, but we say is MANDATORY)! Interestingly, about a month before the ceremony, we discovered that Jeff previously married my aunt and uncle who have been married now for 18 years; Providence? The day of our ceremony, Jeff was incredible. He was well-prepared with his remarks, seamlessly weaving in our unique story with levity and sincerity. Even his ‘off-the-cuff’ moments were on point! Jeff was the perfect officiant for our wedding; it was as if he was sent to us. Thank you so much Jeff for all of the effort you put in to making our day special.

Kathryn · Married on 07/13/2018

We were so glad to have Jeff as the officiant at our wedding. His sense of humor and knowledge of us as a couple gave a special touch to our ceremony and helped put us at ease. We also found the premarital counseling that Jeff offered to be very helpful. It allowed us to broach some difficult conversations, and he expertly facilitated the conversation and made it easier to talk in depth about subjects that we may not otherwise have discussed. We would highly recommend him for those looking for an officiant for their big day!

Abby · Married on 06/23/2018

Jeff was the officiant for my wedding on 6/23/18. He was wonderful to work with, and incredibly responsive via e-mail. We initially had a sit down, in person meeting with him, several months prior to our wedding, where my husband and I got to know him and he got to know us to see if we would all mesh. It was a very productive meeting and ultimately we all got along really well. Jeff took a few tidbits that he learned about us during that meeting and incorporated them into our ceremony to make it more personalized and we truly appreciated that special added touch! Jeff gave us free reign to create a ceremony that would reflect us as a couple but also offered advice/guidance when needed. After our wedding we got tons of compliments from guests about how prepared and professional our officiant was and how well our ceremony reflected us as couple. Thank you again, Jeff!

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

As soon as we meet Jeff, my husband and I knew he would be a great officiant. We had a very thorough consultation and he was completely understanding of the type of ceremony we wanted. He spoke wonderfully during the ceremony and handled improv really well when he incorporated the flock of geese flying over without skipping a beat. Thanks Jeff!

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/08/2018

Jeff was nothing short of amazing. After our initial meeting with him we knew we didn't have to look any further. Jeff worked with us at our rehearsal as well and it couldn't have made things go more smoothly. He created the most beautiful ceremony that was EXACTLY what we envisioned plus more. Simple, and straight to the point, yet unique and touching. He added touches of humor and really cares to get to know the couple he is working with so it feels 100000% authentic. We had people commenting on how perfect the ceremony was for weeks after our wedding. People laughed, cried, and appreciated the genuine manner in which Jeff performs the ceremony. We really can't thank him enough. Hiring Jeff will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day.

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

I started my search for an officiant who would have the ability to give a moving ceremony despite the fact the officiant would not personally know me or my husband. I was very impressed at our first meeting with Jeff on how organized and thorough he was. He worked with us that day, via email, and again right before our ceremony. We wrote our own vows and Jeff provided us some general guidelines and worked with us to make our ceremony fit our style. Although he is a very busy officiant, he still makes his ceremonies personal and he is a joy to work with. I received many compliments on how great he was. I would highly recommend!

AC · Married on 04/28/2018

Jeff did a really fantastic job officiating our wedding and we received a lot of compliments from our guests about his leading of our ceremony. Totally agree with other reviewers that hiring Jeff is like having an extra wedding planner--his attention to detail for things like pacing of the ceremony, special cultural touches, placing of the bridal party, and even the logistical aspects of conducting a wedding ceremony is incredibly helpful and really put us at ease. Jeff puts a lot of effort into getting to know the couples he works with and it's clear that he is truly passionate about officiating weddings. He is also very knowledgeable and helpful regarding the administrivia of getting married--name changing, getting a marriage license, etc. We also really liked that Jeff has real-life experience leading a congregation and has a real, professional background in ministry--he is NOT someone who became ordained online and is just looking to make money. This is his calling and it shows. Highly recommend Jeff for weddings of any background or faith!

Drew · Married on 04/27/2018

Jeff did an amazing job preparing for and officiating our wedding. He had specific knowledge of our cultural backgrounds that he was able to bring into the wedding, and he tailored the experience to our preferences. Jeff is an absolute pro-- it was a huge relief to have him walk us through the rehearsal. It was like having an extra wedding planner. He's a genuinely funny and nice guy, and we would highly recommend him.

Kristina · Married on 04/13/2018

Jeff officiated my husband and I twice! The first we decided to do a last minute ceremony at the courthouse when we went to get our marriage license. The second at our wedding ceremony a year later. Each ceremony felt so personal like Jeff had known us forever. He really does such a great job and has no problem going off script when things don’t go as planned (I.e. father of the bride arriving late to ceremony and deciding to walk through the on going ceremony) . Jeff is so awesome to work with and he does more than just weddings!

Shanee · Married on 04/05/2018

Jeff was absolutely amazing. He came recommended by the venue. We met with him once before the ceremony, which was great because he got to know us as a couple. We didn't want someone who could just marry us the day of, we preferred someone who got to know us a little. Jeff brought a great personality to our wedding day & used some of the things he knew about us to make our day that much more special. He was also very responsive and attentive. If you're looking for an officiant Jeff is great!

Maura · Married on 03/09/2018

We saw Jeff conduct a friends ceremony in the DC area and thought he was perfect. Once we were engaged we didn't even both doing any additional research or interviewing. We emailed Jeff, he was incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and was very flexible regarding times to meet up and what not. He was very attentive to make sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted, and made the rehearsal quick, but informational, while still making it fun. Many people told me how impressed they were with him//how much they liked him. I would definitely recommend to everyone I know.

Megan · Married on 02/18/2018

“How’d you find your officiant?” “Our DJ” … phrases not often associated with the coolest officiants ever… but that’s right, we were first introduced to Jeff through our DJ, DJ Romin (who’s equally as awesome!). We knew we wanted to get married by someone charismatic and well spoken – someone who could captivate our guests while also making our wedding ceremony memorable and meaningful for us. Jeff is a class-act professional – and didn’t disappoint on any of our wants and desires in “the perfect officiant”. He helped us craft a personalized wedding ceremony from start to finish. We were also interested in pre-marital counseling, but didn’t know if it could work out given he was in Alexandria (near our wedding venue) and we lived in NYC. Jeff helped organized a “crash course” session while we were in town over Christmas and it was perfect. My only regret – not living closer so we could complete the full package. His sessions included several personality assessments in advance and allowed us to discover and talk about what made us similar, what made us different, and how we can grow as a couple as newlyweds and beyond. My brother and future sister-in-law are getting married in a few months… if my uncle wasn’t already signed up to marry them, they were ready to get on team Jeff following our ceremony!

Gaby · Married on 01/27/2018

Jeff was amazing and so funny! Everyone asked me where I found him! He did such an awesome job, everything I expected and more!

Wedding Ceremonies by Jeff 10