Wedding Bliss Events Reviews

15 | Houston, TX

15 Reviews for Wedding Bliss Events

Becky Canty · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Professional and very pleasant to work with

You need Dewayne Ross at Wedding Bliss Events if you're planning a wedding !!!! He will plan and organize it for you to the finest detail and you leave with a new friend. He did my sons wedding and we could not have found a better wedding planner. He is top notch in his field !!!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Cari Vandiver · Married on 10/05/2019

Hire a Wedding Planner!

Dewayne with Wedding Bliss is a delight to work with. He was very involved with every aspect of the wedding and saved this mother of the bride so much stress and work! Dewayne is organized, professional, and knowledgeable and will make your event perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Ross

Ross Williams · Married on 09/08/2019

Wedding AND 10-Year Surprise Renewal in Different Cities

After Dewayne did such a fantastic job planning and officiating our wedding and reception ten years ago in Houston, we felt he was like part of our family. So when I started planning a renewal of vows to surprise my wife for our ten year anniversary in Dallas, Dewayne was my first call. I was thrilled that he was willing to come up to help plan, run, and officiate another very special day with our friends and family. Once again, he did a fantastic job helping me prepare a script for the ceremony, plan the event, coordinate guests and venue on the day of, and officiate the ceremony itself. Just as he did with our wedding, Dewayne went above and beyond with the surprise renewal. His professionalism, skill, friendliness, and attention to detail have made him like a member of our family. My brother in law, who is getting married in Pittsburgh next year, is now also working with Dewayne on that event. Our family’s most precious events are made more so by being planned and run by Dewayne. Our gratitude for him is so heartfelt it is difficult for us to put into words. I can’t recommend anyone, who does anything, more highly than I recommend Dewayne for weddings and renewals.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Shawn

Shawn Miller · Married on 09/04/2019

Highly Recommend!

We are ever grateful to Dewayne and his team at Wedding Bliss Events! His knowledge of the industry, connections with amazing and trustworthy vendors, and unparalleled organizational skills made the planning process painless and the wedding stress-free.

As my husband and I approach our first anniversary and look through the photos and videos, seeing more and more details that Dewayne and his team put into our wedding than we even realized has been astounding.

Neither my husband or I had a strong idea in mind for what our wedding would look like (other than a queso fountain, of course!), and Dewayne was able to ask the right questions to guide us and take our wedding from literally a small piece of art we liked the colors of to a beautiful wedding better than anything we had dreamed of in less than 5 months.

We highly recommend Wedding Bliss Events!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Lauren Brownlie Canty · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing, could not have asked for anything more

Words cannot express my gratitude for Dewayne and his team. My wedding was something out of a magazine!! It was the PERFECT wedding. I came to Dewayne with a simple idea and beautiful venue and he worked his magic and brought my dreams to life. If you think you don’t need a wedding planner, think again and if you think you can go with just anyone THINK AGAIN!!

Dewayne is a top-notch planner and I am incredibly lucky to have had his help. He always made use feel as though he had everything 100% under control. Trust me, you want this planner. He respected my input and added his special designer eye to my ideas. The day of the wedding ran so smoothly. Everything, every person, every moment....

Sent on 05/12/2019

Danielle Bennett · Married on 04/20/2019

Wedding Bliss Events

Wedding Bliss Events did a fantastic job coordinating our wedding. Dewayne was fabulous, I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. He was organized, creative, and flexible. He took care of every little detail for the both of us. On our wedding day, we were both calm because we knew that if any issues came up, Dewayne would handle them. Dewayne went above and beyond with his services. I highly recommend Wedding Bliss Events.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 04/06/2019

AMAZING! highly recommend!! 10/10

I recently got married in Galveston at the Hotel Galvez and used WBE. Dewayne is so hard working and will make your wedding flawless! His organization and timeliness will allow for a stress free wedding planning process! He will make your vision come to life and I couldn't have planned a more perfect day without him! He makes every effort to be there for you during all the planning, he even came to my bridal portraits! Hands down recommend Wedding Bliss Events! 10/10!

Sent on 05/01/2019

C Williams · Married on 08/25/2018

Awesome experience!

Dewayne was a lifesaver! I was so stressed, and he jumped in and got our wedding on track! We couldn't have done it without him. Thank you!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Claudia · Married on 10/08/2016

We consider ourselves to have been more demanding and particular than most engaged couples, and we will be the first to admit that we were high-maintenance clients. Dewayne never gave us the impression that we were a burden or "too much"; instead, he was excited to take on the challenges we presented him with. We came to the table with many creative ideas and Dewayne was able to streamline our thoughts. His creative ability helped us to implement the more impactful ideas and save costs where needed. Our guests were able to find the meaning and significance in every small detail we planned together.

Dewayne has a natural ability to listen to the needs of his clients and respond with genuine interest. Some planners have experience with what works and while they "act" interested in your vision for your day, they ultimately want you to end up fitting into their mold (with their preferred vendors only) of what produces a successful outcome. It takes a truly skilled and experienced planner to apply unique and personalized solutions to accommodate their clients' vision. Dewayne did this and more! In fact, he absorbed our vision so well, that he negotiated a specific layout/setup and service format at our venue that had never before been implemented. The result was simply outstanding, and matched the style of our ceremony/reception to a tee!

Dewayne did so much more for our event than we can begin to describe here. He truly is resourceful and well-connected in the industry. He has successful working relationships with vendors to accommodate all budgets. This speaks volumes about his relationship-building skills and integrity. He does what he says he will do... And MORE!

Dewayne, you are a miracle-worker, and we will never forget how special and meaningful your presence was on our wedding day (and the months leading up to it). We hope other couples take our advice and choose YOU as their planner, so that they too, can experience wedded bliss!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kelly · Married on 11/14/2015

Highly Recommend

Dewayne far exceeded my expectations as a wedding coordinator. His attention to detail is phenomenal. He is very passionate about his job and made sure that everything ran seamlessly. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Tina · Married on 03/08/2014

There will never be enough words to thank Dewayne or explain to someone one else what an amazing wedding planner he is. Throughout the entire planning process he was available for ideas, advice, and whatever else we needed. But on our wedding day Dewayne's expertise was more obvious than ever. He pinned tuxes that were too big, tied ties, encouraged the flower girls, all while keeping EVERYONE (wedding party and other vendors) on schedule and calm. The entire wedding and reception went off without even one flaw. He did all the worrying so that we could enjoy our special day with our friends and family. Our wedding was magnificent and unforgettable thanks to him.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Leah · Married on 10/12/2013

I can't say enough good things about Dewayne Ross.

I will be the first to admit that my mother and I are difficult clients. We're both perfectionists, and we both have a tendency to be a little mean when things aren't going "perfectly." It doesn't help that we're both lawyers (practicing and soon-to-be). By most standards, we were nightmare clients.

Despite this, Dewayne was incredibly patient and accommodating. He was so professional, organized, and full of good ideas and recommendations. I mostly want to emphasize the patient part, though, since it took some saint-like patience on some days.

If anything went wrong on my wedding day, I wouldn't be able to tell you what it was. My focus was on having the best night of my life, as it should have been. Dewayne handled the rest. There's not much else I could ask for in a planner.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2011

After getting engaged, the first thing we did was set a date and locate our venue. The place we chose provided space only, and we immediately knew we would need a wedding planner to help us with the rest. We sat down with a couple potential wedding planners before meeting with Dewayne, but it was obvious within the first five minutes that what he could provide was miles ahead of anyone else we had met!

From start to finish, Dewayne helped us figure out every single detail of our wedding. He knows his stuff and has a GREAT eye for decorating, however I never once felt like my vision or personal style was going to be overlooked. My mom and I did most of the planning together with Dewayne and we did not have one single argument throughout the planning process because Dewayne made everything SO easy! He is very organized, well connected, and has extensive knowledge of vendors in the Houston area.

Our wedding was the most beautiful, FUN, and smoothly run wedding I have ever been to. Myself, my husband, and our families were able to thoroughly enjoy ourselves without worrying about anything behind the scenes (that in itself made Dewayne more than worth it to us!). We have amazing memories that will last us a lifetime and we NEVER could have pulled it off with Dewayne.

Dewayne is a true GENIUS at what he does and I would recommend him to my very closest friends and family. Out wedding was a dream come true because of him and he will always be like family to us!!!!

Love you Dewayne!!
    Jen

Sent on 08/14/2011

Eve · Married on 11/21/2009

We were extremely pleased with Dewayne, our day of coordinator. A lot of people think they don't need a day coordinator if they have finished all their vendor shopping. That is a mistake.

There were so many small things that brides don't think about that Dewayne caught and reminded me about. He gave very fun and unique suggestions and helped me decorate and travel to get those decorations even though it's not part of this contract. A lot of things, were provided for free or very cheap. He supplied many of the ideas for decorations for my venue and was excellent in coordinating with all my vendors to make sure people know their responsibilities.

My planning stress was diminished instantly once I started working with Dewayne. He was my main communication channel to other vendors and I knew if anything came up, "Dewayne would take care of it".

My wedding day went like a fairy tale. If anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it. He worked very closely with my wedding party and made sure timing was perfect for all night events. He acted as an MC at times that made sense. He treated my family like his own and I can't imagine the day going smoothly without him.

Sent on 11/28/2009

Shelley · Married on 02/16/2019

Do not recommend

We hired Dewayne for day of services- I don't know if he was busy with other events but he forgot our first scheduled meeting, only after I emailed that morning to confirm. The original contract had our names and email misspelled (lacking attention to detail). When we finally met, he seemed to think we had met before so it felt very impersonal and rushed. I sent an email with the action items from the meeting and that included a meeting with the florist (that he was adamant about attending) which he also didn't show up to. I asked for his time log (as per his contract) and was never sent it. I decided to part ways at that point and was given a partial refund. Considered small claims court to collect the remaining amount. I originally hired him based on reviews- not sure if he was too busy for us at that time but we were extremely disappointed.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Wedding Bliss Events's reply:

We appreciate all reviews. It is unfortunate that you chose to give us a low rating of our services even though we did not have the opportunity to coordinate your wedding day. While we disagree with some of the details you mention, we understand that you are disappointed. A wedding day is the most important day a couple can plan and we regret that we were not a fit for you. Our team strives for the best service possible when planning weddings and we are sorry that we could not have worked things out with you. Shelley, we want to wish you and James all the best in your future as husband and wife.