Waterside Restaurant & Catering Reviews

Waterside Restaurant & Catering 4
Waterside Restaurant & Catering 5

bianca moreno · Getting married on 12/31/2021

Great help

Although my wedding isnt for two year, shantal has always responded when i have my many questions. She is a sweetheart!!!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Roxanne

Roxanne · Getting married on 09/25/2020

Beautiful Venue!

Shantal was so super helpful and sweet!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/23/2019

This place has it all.

This was the first place we looked at to have our wedding. I knew right then and there that was the place. The view alone is enough. I had out of state guests and they couldn’t get over the view and how awesome it was. The food was absolutely amazing and no one left hungry. It’s also a great place just to have dinner and there is brunch on Sundays.

Shantal and Miguel were a pleasure to work with when we were planning the wedding. Highly recommend for any kind of event.

Sent on 09/12/2019

krystal · Married on 09/23/2018

My wedding at Waterside Restaurant and Catering was absolutely phenomenal! The food was fresh and delicious! All of my guests raves about cocktail hour and their entrees. The VIEW is just immaculate. Every photo my guests took had the background of the NYC skyline. How fantastic is that?! Shantel, Miguel and Frances were so accommodating and helpful BEFORE and during my wedding. Every time I turned I saw both Shantel and Miguel present, as they were very vigilant to my needs and any of my requests. My guests also had great interactions with them which is a PLUS! I don’t have anything negative to say about this venue! My Husband jokes and asks if we can do it again! It was a beautiful and memorable party! Highly recommend!

Waterside Restaurant & Catering 6
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 7
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 8
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 9
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 10
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 11
    Sent on 10/11/2017

Camille · Married on 09/22/2018

There are no words to really express how grateful we are for the team at Waterside, in particular Shantal Videla. She, along with Miguel Medrano, made the whole process extremely smooth and relaxing. Every step of the way they held our hands, answered all of our questions, gave us advice, and handled every day of details and services. They worked with our vendors to ensure all of the pieces came together. Shantal was our main coordinator. As a bride, I am most thankful to her for calming my nerves, making me laugh, and offering her professional suggestions when I would become indecisive about a detail. The day of the wedding, when my mom could not bustle my dress' train, Shantal quickly came to the rescue and bustled my dress. Shantal and Miguel made sure my husband and I enjoyed the reception and the whole experience.

Sent on 10/07/2018

NICOLE · Married on 06/15/2018

We had our wedding at Waterside in June and it was the most amazing day. From the food, to the location, to the people - everything was perfect!!! Even the planning was made SO easy and friendly with Lesley. And Chantal was with us the day of and was nothing short of amazing. Thank you Waterside, can't wait to have many anniversary dinners :)

Sent on 07/01/2018

Enrique · Married on 05/18/2018

My fiance and I went to Waterside to get pricing for our wedding. The venue is beautiful and Shantal was super nice/very knowledgable. Probably the best-valued venue we saw throughout our shopping process, thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2017

JENNIFER · Married on 12/15/2017

Words cannot begin to express how thankful and pleased we are with the entire staff at Waterside. After planning our destination wedding for over a year, we were forced to cancel it one month before our date due to the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. In a panic, we contacted Waterside. We set up a meeting to meet with Fran, one of the owners and discuss the details. From the first hello, Fran was amazing. She has such a kind demeanor and true love and passion for her business. She quickly put as at ease, giving us several options. Then we were introduced to Miguel, our Maitre D. It was truly a blessing having him in charge of our day. He helped us come up with decorating ideas and recommended us to some vendors who we ended up using, and LOVED. He set up the spaces exactly how we wanted them, even exceeding our expectations. On the day of, Miguel was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, tending to our every need and request. Many people warned us about not eating at our own wedding, but this was not the case as Miguel made sure we were fed, just as much as our guests were! Miguel also collaborated with our vendors to ensure the timeline went smoothly, even ending up being ahead of schedule so that we could fully enjoy every moment of it. From the food, to the staff, to Fran and Miguel, everything was truly exquisite and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Gus & Sophia · Married on 09/17/2017

My Husband and I Both Grew Up in the Restaurant Business. We Rarely Are Satisfied Whenever We Go Out To Eat. My Husband Is A Great Cook and Baker And Eating Out is Never Really Satisfying to Us. We Love Cooking For Ourselves Knowing We Use The Best & Most Freshest Ingredients. In September 2017 We Had An Event At The Waterside Restaurant in North Bergen for one of my Daughters. The Waterside Restaurant's Head Chef Is No One More Than Its Own -Owner! There Is Absolutely No Way You Will be Disappointed Being On Top Of Your Business and Knowing what You Are Delivering To The Paying Customer!....Nothing Else Can Be Said. Outstanding Was The FOOD -The Service-And of Course The Atmosphere Of Its NY Skyline Views. It Even Has An Elegant Set Up Outdoors For Good Picture Taking. A Big Thank You To The Well Manicured Staff And Hosts & Hostesses For Your Overall Management of The Whole Event. Always Had Our Backs Covered To Make Sure No Little Detail Was An Oversight!...B R A V O!!! We will be back for Plenty of Dinners and More Events Personal And Organizational. Thanks to Gus (Owner/Chef), Dina, Frances, Gus. The Event Planners, Shantal, Miguel, Lesley. We Give The Highest Rating. Love- Gus and Sophia Constandinou & Girls!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I could not express enough how happy and grateful with are with the Waterside! From day one when we first walked into the room that we both fell in love with because ofsuch a breath taking view, to the amazing service from Lindsey, Shantel, and Miguel! All three were outstanding and very attentive to any phone calls, emails, and last minute visits. The are literally the Wedding Dream Team! We got married two months ago, and all our guests are still talking about our wedding, we knew we went with the best! When my husband and I always attended weddings, either the entertainment was great and the food/bar was bad or vice versa, and we told Lindsey in our first meeting our goal was to have the best entertainment, food, and bar; and she definitely delivered!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Eric · event on: 08/20/2017

This review is long overdue, and I'm really sorry it took so long! Waterside is a great location with great panoramic views of NYC. We reserved the third floor space and it was stunning! We chose the brunch option, and not only did they beat all of the competitors in the area, the food was truly great! My family who is usually blunt when they don't like something was extremely happy with the food and the space.

What sets them apart however, is their event planner, Shantal Videla! She was just amazing! She handled absolutely everything and made our life so much easier! To paint you a better picture, we met with her just 2 times prior to the event, and absolutely everything was perfect! I, myself, love to plan everything so that I can have peace of mind, but I didn't even have to do that! She thought of every possible solution to any of my questions or concerns! She is just that good! On the day of the event, she was handling another event on the second floor, but she still came to see us and even grabbed my wife and me a plate full of food because she knows how busy hosts get! Up until this day, I am so grateful for her dedication and attention to detail. We cannot recommend her and Waterside enough!

P.S. Shout out to Miguel as well! He took great care of us at the party! We're thankful for all of your help!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Maria · Married on 07/23/2017

The Waterside is the place to have a Wedding reception. We had our wedding in July 2017. It was WONDERFUL. The entire wedding experience was EXCELLENT. Shantal Videla was EXTREMELY helpful. She is the best. We are so GRATEFUL to her. Everyone was pleased with the excellent food and of course with the location, that has an AMAZING view the NYC skyline. It was a PERFECT night! All of my guests continue to tell me, 8 months later what a great time they had!! We HIGHLY recommend it as wedding reception venue.

Waterside Restaurant & Catering 12
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 13
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 14
    Waterside Restaurant & Catering 15
    Sent on 03/20/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

I hosted my sister's Bridal Shower this past Saturday, July 22 and I was blown away by the wonderful service and the overall experience at the Waterside Restaurant. I worked closely with Shantal Videla throughout the planning process and she served as my host during the party. She was absolutely wonderful and answered all of my questions promptly with the utmost professionalism. The food was outstanding and the view was wonderful. My guests are still raving! Thank you to Shantal especially and to all of the Waterside staff members for allowing me to create this memory with all of my family and friends! I would definitely host another event at the Waterside Restaurant in the future.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Dola · Married on 06/11/2017

We had our wedding at the Waterside in June 2017 and worked with Shantal for over a year to plan the reception. Throughout the entire process, she could not have been any easier and pleasant to work with - be it responding to general questions or providing her valuable insight regarding suggestions which made the night unforgettable. Shantal's attention to detail and willingness to accommodate our requests made us feel like we were her only clients even though she was juggling several other events at the same time. With all of the stress that is associated with wedding planning, it is comforting to know that you can fully trust and have complete confidence that every detail will be addressed. Shantal was the first person to greet us upon our arrival at the event and made sure we were taken care of throughout the entire night. It doesn't get any better! In addition to the exemplary service, the food and skyline views make this the ideal spot to have a wedding. I would highly recommend the venue for anyone looking to have any type of event!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Colleen · Married on 11/19/2016

Me & my husband were married at Waterside on 11/19 and it was absolutely phenomenal. We had our ceremony on-site, along the Hudson, with the gorgeous NYC skyline as our back drop (great for photos!!). The food and service were fantastic and the staff, especially the Miguel and Shantal, were awesome. They made sure our night was perfect from beginning to end. Have your wedding at the Waterside and you'll have no regrets!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Kristina · Married on 11/12/2016

If you're looking for a smooth, efficient, and stylish wedding reception than please consider The Waterside Restaurant and Catering. From the start of our entire reception planning process, the team at The Waterside made the two of us feel like they valued our business AND the execution of our event. My husband and I never felt like we were just another wedding reception to the venue and any questions we had were always answered promptly.

The venue itself is simply gorgeous - chic decor with a magnificent view of the NYC Skyline. The food was raved about by many of our guests, both during the cocktail hour and formal dinner, and the service team made every effort to make anyone who asked for anything feel attended to.

Coordination between the vendors we chose went by without a hitch and from a flexibility standpoint, The Waterside was top notch. Within obvious reason, their attitude to any suggestion or idea we came up with for our reception was always 'Yes'.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Had my wedding on October 16, 2016 along with my ceremony and the reception, couldn't have asked for a more perfect day from staff, waiters, waitress, wedding coordinator, food quality, beverages. Everything was perfect!! Miguel was my wedding coordinator and he went above and beyond for my husband and me he was fantastic and great!!! Very helpful, informative, patient, very good at his job!!! Highly recommend Waterside for any party and the two best are Shantel and Miguel!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

alex · Married on 10/06/2016

I had my bridal shower at Waterside this past July 2016 and I cannot describe how amazing it was! Everything went so perfectly from the planning of everything to the day of the event. Lesley, made my day so spectacular! She helped with every detail and was always there if I had a question or concern. Not only is Lesley professional, she is a sweetheart. I was able to bring all my decorations the day before which was a huge help since I had so much stuff :) The day of the shower the staff was so friendly and especially attentive to not only my needs but to my guests. The room Lesley had picked out for us was absolutely breathtaking! The view of NYC was just gorgeous! People are still talking about it! Lesley helped with the set up of the room which was half lounge area half tables and chairs and she knew exactly where to put the gift table and dessert table, she made my vision come to life. The food was delicious and especially the drinks! My bridal glass was never empty thanks to the great staff! Another thing, that I loved about coming to Waterside was extremely friendly the hostess was, no matter who was there to greet me it was always with a smile and eager to help. Also, my fiancé and my father wanted to come so they hung out at the restaurant downstairs and loved every minute of it. My father was even able to spoke his cigar on the outside deck which he loved! i wanted my shower to have a sexy modern feel and Waterside is exactly that! It's one of the most gorgeous venues. It is not your typical venue which I love. And nothing absolutely beats that view! Besides it being an amazing venue it has an amazing staff. i highly recommend Waterside for your shower and wedding. Ask for Lesley she'll make your dreams come true!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Megan · Married on 10/01/2016

I am so excited to sing the praises of this amazing venue! My now husband and I booked our wedding over a year and a half in advance because when you know, you know! From day one we were dealing with Shantal who was truly exceptional at her job! You can tell she has such a passion for the business and made my husband and I feel like family from the moment we set foot in Waterside. Shantal was also so reliable, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful every step of the way. My husband and I (and all our guests too) were also so impressed with this venue. The food, service and experience was nothing short of perfect. I can't thank the Waterside, Shantal, Miguel and all their staff enough for creating such a memorable and amazing experience. And THAT VIEW is truly awe-inspiring. I feel so lucky to have had such an awesome wedding and absolute exceptional service. I would a million times recommend this venue to have a wedding at! Thank you Waterside, especially Shantal, for making our dream come true!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Eli · Married on 09/23/2016

Our dream wedding came true at Waterside and we're forever thankful. The location has impeccable views of the river and city skylines and our outdoor ceremony with the sunset as a backdrop was breathtaking.

If their 5-star food wasn't amazing enough as is; Waterside included in their package a wide variety of cuisines and sufficient food to feed three our four armies. The catering was the talk of the wedding!

The customer service was impeccable from beginning to end. There wasn't a question not answered with a smile. Shantal was the rock to our wedding, ensuring every detail went to plan. We couldn't pose any issue to her without a quick confident reply and actions to back it all up.

Saying out wedding was perfect at Waterside would be a gross understatement. Thank you Waterside!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Waterside Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Congratulations on your wedding! We wish you a life time of love and happiness.

Alina · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our wedding at Waterside on 9/17/16 and I still can't stop thinking about how perfect the venue was. All of our guests absolutely loved the gorgeous views from the outdoor ceremony. It was set up perfectly so everyone could see us under the huppah and enjoy the city skyline. The food was amazing and the selection was huge so everyone ended up satisfied. Aside from the obvious beauty of the venue itself, I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff. All the waiters and bartenders were so courteous and accommodating to our guests requests. Shantal was our coordinator and she's absolutely fantastic!! She helped us through every step of the planning process. We must've emailed her a hundred times and she always replied promptly, politely, and with a solution to any problem we had. If anything didn't go according to plan on the day of, I had no idea! She made sure everything was taken care of behind the scenes so we never had to stress.

Our wedding was everything we dreamed of thanks to Shantal and Waterside!!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Joanela · Married on 09/11/2016

Waterside was the absolute best decision we could made on everything that came to our wedding. The view, the food, and the service was to die for. We could not be any happier with Waterside. Working with Shantal was a pleasure and she definitely went out of her way to make our day extra special. We so nailed it and had the wedding of the year!!!! Thank you Waterside!!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Jonela,

Congratulations on your wedding! It was a pleasure to host the affair here on September 11, 2016. You were amazing to work with and made our job so easy. We are so thrilled you loved your wedding day. We wish you a life time of happiness and would love to be a part of more special occasions in the years to come.

Shakiema · Married on 09/03/2016

My wedding was simply amazing! The view was amazing and my attendant was the best. Most of the time the bride and groom don't get to have Hors d'oeuvres but my attendant made sure she brought us a little of everything so we didn't miss out! Can't wait until the next big thing so I can have it their!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Shakiema,

Thank you for having your wedding here with us. We are so thrilled that you were able to enjoy all aspects of your wedding. it was truly a pleasure working with you to create such a wonderful day. We look forward to having you back to celebrate many more milestone events in the future.

Gabrielly · Married on 08/28/2016

Let me start off by saying that my now husband an I fell in love with Waterside when we first went in for a tour when we were initially scouting for a venue back in February 2016. During that very first meeting with Bob the general manager we were blown away with how courteous and accommodating he and the rest staff were. From the moment we decided to book them as our wedding ceremony and reception venue, they were helpful, accommodating and supportive every step of the way. They worked with us and our wedding planner to customize the wedding package they offered to suit our style and our guests. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there. The food & drinks were top notch, the views of the NYC skyline were spectacular. All our guest raved at the quality and beauty of it all. I would also like to mention that Miguel and Shantal the two event coordinators went above and beyond. They were professional, courteous and pleasant the entire time. They took care of everything, and by that I mean anything you could imagine. They made sure my husband and I ate after the photo session and before we joined our guest, they helped calm any anxious family members when any hiccups arose and resolving them quickly, they kept the event running smoothly while making sure our family and friends enjoyed themselves. We could not have asked for more. Our wedding was truly perfect. We are so happy to have found and chosen Waterside. They truly are a premier events venue.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Hello Gabrielly,

Congratulations on your wedding here on August 28th, 2016. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day, and you were an amazing couple to work with. Thank you for your wonderful review. We would love to see you again soon. We wish you a life time of happiness.

Dora & David · Married on 08/27/2016

We could not be any happier that we had our wedding at Waterside! Shantal was so easy to work with, answered all our questions, and accommodated our every need. I honestly was a little hesitant at first to book so quickly, since it was only the second venue we had visited. But I'm so happy we did, otherwise we would have lost out on this amazing venue (which seemed to be booking up quickly). If you are looking for a venue with an amazing view, modern feel, and delicious food, Waterside is the place to book.

We were won over by the amazing view of the skyline, and knew that the food was going to be delicious since Waterside is a restaurant. This was confirmed at the tasting. Our guests also could not get over the view and could not stop raving about the food. Our guests said they filled up on the endless food at the cocktail hour, they barely had room for the main reception dishes.

We had some concerns about the size of the venue, since we had roughly 170 guests. Our ceremony overflowed off the main area, but it all worked out. We all fit cozily on the third floor for our reception. It felt a little snug and got hot quickly, but that was because our friends love to dance!

Sent on 11/27/2016