Watermill Caterers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Miranda
    Miranda Married on 10/31/2021

Absolutely stunning!

Nick, Johnny and Bella, ABSOLUTELY SMASHED IT!!! They were amazing Nick was our Matri’d, Johnny was our Captain and Bella was the Bridal Attendant! Nothing but kind words for these people and how amazing their hospitality was! Watermill out did themselves with these guys 100% not only did they help out but they made us feel so comfortable and taken care of! Thanks Watermill for the greatest memories🥰
  • Kellie
    Kellie Married on 10/03/2021

Best wedding ever!!

The Watermill was the first venue we looked at and after meeting with Tom L we knew we needed to have our wedding here. He really made us feel like family immediately after stepping foot inside and the venue is STUNNING especially the outside area. We felt the pricing was very reasonable compared to other venues on the island. Our maitre’d was Sean and bridal attendant was Christina they were so attentive and made sure everything ran smoothly. Every time I turned around I had a drink in my hand and food was brought to our bridal suite in between pictures to make sure we ate. The food was incredible we got so many compliments from our guests and everyone was amazed at all the dinner options as well as the amount of food at cocktail hour. I wish we could get married there all over again everything was so perfect. Huge thank you to the staff at the Watermill for an absolutely amazing day.
    Megan W. Married on 09/03/2021

Seriously perfect.

We just got married at the Watermill on 9/3/21, and it was the most perfect day. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything ran smoothly, and according to plan , so that my husband and I didn’t have to worry about anything and just enjoy our day. Our guests keep telling us it was the best wedding they’ve ever attended. From day one , Enzo and Tom took great care of us , both were very attentive and listened to all the details we wanted. Nick was our maitre’d , and he was fantastic. We felt very comfortable letting him run the show. Jessica was my bridal attendant,and she was so sweet and helpful all night. I can not say enough great things about the whole Watermill staff ; I even received great compliments from my guests about the wait staff and bartenders. Thank you Watermill for our perfect wedding !!
  • Liana
    Liana R. Married on 08/21/2021

Exceeded our expectations!

From start to finish, Watermill has been prompt, attentive, and accommodating! We postponed from last year and the process was so smooth. We had Sean as MaitreD and Christina as bridal attendant, and we could not have asked for better!
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 07/01/2021

Top Notch!

After my husband and I got engaged, we were on the hunt for the perfect venue for our big day. Every couple has their own personal list of “must have’s” for their big day and ours went as follows: GREAT food, beautiful ceremony space, stunning grounds/gardens for photos and all of the people we love in the same place to celebrate our love. When I tell you that Watermill over delivered, that is certainly an understatement. Having two big Italian families, food was of the utmost importance. Our friends and families are STILL raving about the food. From cocktail, to reception, Watermill knocked it out of the park! We got some rain on our big day (good luck I know) so we were unable to use the outdoor ceremony space or the grounds but when I tell you the photos of the indoor ceremony space are STUNNING! My bridal attendant Christina knew exactly what I needed/wanted before I even did, she was an intricate part of my day and I cannot tell you how incredible she was! The maître d' and the rest of the staff were TOP NOTCH! Please trust me when I say you will not be disappointed entrusting your big day to this venue. We highly recommend to all!
    Taylor M. Married on 05/15/2021

Amazing-book here!

I just had my wedding on 5/15/21, and words cannot describe how wonderful it was. The staff at the Watermill made my day run smooth and stress free. The maitre d', Jeanna was OUTSTANDING. The entire staff made my day hassle free. The food was delicious and I do not have one single negative thing to say about this venue.
  • Kristin
    Kristin V. Married on 10/24/2020

gorgeous venue!

from the first time i drove past watermill i knew it was a special place. we attended a showcase there and i instantly fell in love! we were quoted an amazing price and i couldnt wait to bring my family back. unfortunately my family didnt love it as much as i did and the distance played a factor. its a gorgeous venue and i was ready to book it if my family would of been in agreement
  • Erin
    Erin O. Married on 01/11/2020

Just book here - you'll be so happy you did!!

1-11-20 Bride here! From the moment we toured the Watermill to the minute our wedding ended, the entire process was perfect. The staff is so easy to work with, responsive, and passionate about weddings! I am a huge over-planner and type-A personality, but they literally eased any worry I had. They were so confident and reassuring throughout the whole process and completely brought my vision to life. They accommodated every need, request and DIY thing I had.

Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour - they thought it was the actual dinner! They kept raving about all the delicious food in general. The Christmas decor was kept up for me and was the perfect touch to my winter wedding. I also can't say enough about the Chapel room. It's so gorgeous and I loved that they didn't have to convert a room twice to host the ceremony. The whole venue has such a beautiful, fresh, modern design and in our photos, it creates just a stunning background in every single picture!

There was one other wedding going on upstairs and you literally never would have known 2 weddings were going on at one time. The place is honestly an amazing well-oiled machine who know what they're doing!!

We got a "heatwave" in January of 65 degrees, so guests were able to go outside where it's just stunningly lit up at night. I could ramble on here forever, but the bottom line is, if you have any gut feeling about this place, just book it. It was the best decision we made!! The day could not have been more smooth and beautiful and perfect!!!! Highly recommend!!!!!
    Evelyn R. Married on 11/09/2019

Flawless Duo!!

My wedding was on 11/9/19. I cannot express enough how perfect my wedding turned out to be! From the moment we walked in, we were taken care of in every step of the way. Tom Wright, Tom Lauterborn, Kaitlyn are the best to work with and extremely patient!! Johnny V was my maitre D & Christina was my bridal attendant. Words cannot express how phenomenal they were!! My husband and I are so grateful to have met such a professional, authentic and attentive staff. There were a few hiccups prior to the ceremony (not the Watermill's fault) but once I stepped into the building Johnny, Christina & Tom L came to the rescue within seconds literally. From that moment till the very end the wedding was absolutely perfection. Johnny & Christina didn't even me a second to worry about a thing. My wedding seriously couldn't have been the same without Johnny & Christina 💞 They brought my dream wedding to life and MORE!! My guests raved about the food and setting which I'm grateful for (this is extremely important to me) but I can say without a doubt while my guests were taken care of, Johnny & Christina made us feel like a King & Queen!! There's nothing I would change, I enjoyed every second of it, it pained me to call it a night lol. I will definitely find a reason to host another event here 😂. I highly recommend the WATERMILL!!

Honestly, choosing this venue was one of the best decisions of my life. You are in great hands!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/13/2019

Perfection

My wedding was on 10/13/19. I cannot say one negative thing about the Watermill. From the day we booked in 2017, to the actual day of, it was all perfection!! I had Kaitlyn as my bridal attendant and he was truly like an angel! Attentive to our every move and desire. My husband and I were “crashing” right before the cocktail hour and the second our photographers let her know, she ran and got us two espressos! She even held the small plate under my mouth as I drank it, in case of a spill (lol). Our maître d’ and captain were also phenomenal. I don’t think more than 20 minutes went by where some one was not checking in with us. When my husband and I didn’t like the placement of our centerpieces (low and high were on wrong tables), both Nick and Johnny physically switched them around. They legit made our night perfect.

As far as the food goes, PHENOMENAL. EVERY single person we spoke to, during cocktail hour, during the reception, or afterwards, had to mention how amazing the food was. My family wants us to get remarried just for the food 😂

Honestly, I am beyond happy with the Watermill, and will forever relive this day. You are in great hands!!!
  • Corrine
    Corrine Married on 10/06/2019

A dream come true

Watermill was the first venue we saw and after visiting several we knew it was the right pick for us. My cousin got married there 12 years ago and I always remembered what a great time I had at their wedding... the renovations they did are just gorgeous! The new outdoor ceremony space made for a ceremony out of a DREAM!! We loved that they had an indoor chapel in case of bad weather (thankfully we didn't need it). The gardens are beautiful and the indoor/ outdoor cocktail hour space is great! The staff had everything on point! Tom Wright our banquet manager was excellent!! So responsive and helpful with all my questions and emails. He made choosing the Watermill as our venue easy! Our Maitre D, Nick, was also excellent. We felt like there wasn't enough flowers in the ceremony space so they grabbed from the indoor space right away at our request and really made sure the night ran smoothly. I also gave a relatively detailed set up list and everything was set up perfectly. The cocktail hour was spectacular and all our guests are still raving about the food. Bridal attendant (Jessica) and Captain (Vinny D) made sure we were taken care of the entire night. We couldn't be happier with our choice and if Watermill is your future venue know that you are in great hands.
  • Michele
    Michele Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding of my dreams

I was skeptical at first because I hated the idea of a catering hall wedding, but it ended up feeling like anything but that!! We had our reception in the upstairs room with the outdoor area, we had our ceremony in the garden and Tom was our manager, everything was absolutely perfect!! We were worried that we would hear traffic outside during the ceremony but we didn’t hear a single car and neither did our guests. The newly renovated garden area was a perfect mix of rustic and modern. The guests to this day can not stop raving about how amazing the food was especially at cocktail hour. We got the seafood boat which was 100% worth every penny! The bridal attendant, captain, maitre d, manager, everyone was so attentive but not over bearing. I didn’t ha e to ask or wait for a thing, and I got to enjoy every minute of my wedding!!
  • Christopher
    Christopher P. Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent execution throughout!

Food and service were excellent! Everything was set up as expected! Waited 47 years to tie the knot and they did not disappoint!
    Michael Married on 09/20/2019

Truly Amazing

We had our wedding at the watermill recently, The experience there was amazing from the start! We met with Tom W to go over everything and set up the event. He was nothing short of amazing right from the start. The staff there is also amazing, they are all very friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. The assisted us with everything from day one until the end!! On the day of the Wedding the Bridal attendant Jess was top notch, She was there every step of the way and was wiling to do whatever was needed to make the day special. Shawn was also amazing, he guided us through the entire day and made sure we were at the right palace at the right time and kept the flow of the day going perfect. Thank you to everyone there, you are all truly amazing and made our special day perfect!!
    Joseph V. Married on 09/02/2019

Great Time

My daughter's wedding was August 31,2019. The event was terrific! Everything that Bryan had told us that would happen did! Katlin the Bridal Attendant, was better than great, she was wonderful. Anyone having a wedding should request her. Sean the Matre'D was excellent! The food was terrific, the staff was excellent, the grounds were beautiful, and all my guests kept telling me and my wife how great everything was. One of the best experiences we ever had. Thanks again Watermill for a job well done!
  • Kelley
    Kelley B. Married on 08/09/2019

My brother's wedding was perfect!

We just celebrated my brother's wedding here Friday night August 9, 2019. From the first time we saw this place at a showcase back in January, we were in love. The venue itself is absolutely stunning, and the food was amazing. The outdoor ceremony was perfect. But the best part of this whole place is the staff. All of the decorations were set up perfectly. From the minute the bridal party stepped out of the limo, we had several staff around us for whatever we needed. Need a drink? Hungry? They had us. The groomsmen said they were served food the minute they arrived. From tacos to sliders to strombolis to lambchops, the food was nonstop. The staff came around to the groom and groomsmen taking drink orders. Unfortunately the bridesmaids and bride didnt get to enjoy that part, only because the guys ran late which set back the limo getting the girls. By the time we arrived, the wedding needed to start right away. When we got to the bridal suite, there was a tray of cold meat wraps for a quick snack before the wedding started (which was perfect because the bride didnt eat much all day). The staff got us all lined up and ready to walk down. After the ceremony the bridal party stayed to take pictures then we actually got to go to the cocktail hour along with the bride and groom for a short time. The food was amazing and plentiful. When we went back to the bridal suite, there was another tray of food for all of us. Then came our entrance into the wedding. We were all so pumped up in the hallway screaming and dancing. We all made our entrance and there was a staff member telling us where to stand. The bride and groom entered under the arch of our hands. Once we were seated, our table waitress greeted us. I only remember her name because it matched her personality. Grace. She took our drink order one time. Thats all that was needed apparently because every time we got up to dance, we came back to refilled drinks at our table. I didnt need to go to the bar once. Grace came back several times to see if we needed anything. Then dinner was served. I ordered filet mignon and shrimp, and my boyfriend ordered chicken and shrimp. We each cut our meat in half and traded. everything was so juicy and flavorful. My brother said that he and his bride got to eat 3 different things off the menu and everything was wonderful. We danced all night to the music from the amazing dj. When the wedding was over, we called Grace over to thank her for everything. She gave us hugs and we headed out the door. Staff were there waiting to give us our bouquets and to make sure we had everything. It truly was a magical night and we couldnt have asked for anything more.
  • Theresa
    Theresa Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Venue

My husband and I got married on 06/22/2019 and were so impressed with Watermill! The food was amazing, staff were so attentive, and the grounds were gorgeous. Tom Lauterborn and his team went out of their way to make sure we had the best day ever!
    Brian A. Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond Amazing

I couldn’t imagine a better Venue to have my wedding at! Tom Lauterborn went above and beyond to make sure our day was absolutely perfect! Nicchole and Sean were nothing short of perfect!!! The food was to die for and the grounds were stunning. Even our photographer was blown away by how breath taking the flowers looked. Every member of the staff was attentive and more than hospitable. Would recommend 110 times out of 100!!!!
    Sandy Z. Married on 06/14/2019

Perfect wedding venue

The most helpful, friendly, professional staff. Amazing food, beautiful venue. They made the wedding absolutely perfect and the planning easy and fun. I couldn't recommend them more!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 05/18/2019

Most Beautiful Place to get Married

We wanted our wedding to stand out among all the weddings we’d ever been to. We fell in love with Watermill the second we got there. It’s a family atmosphere with people who genuinely care about what you want but also care about what they give. Tom L walked us through everything and we booked immediately. Samantha helped us with our invitations and that went super smooth. The big day came and it was everything we dreamed it would be. We used the outdoor ceremony area and it was gorgeous. All of the guests raved about the food at the cocktail hour and then again at dinner. The service was top notch, no one ever had an empty glass. I can’t say enough great things. It was just perfect. And it was easy... the whole wedding planning thing can get stressful and it just never was with them. Highly recommend!
  • Elise
    Elise W. Married on 04/08/2019

Perfect Venue!

The Watermill was amazing. I loved the aesthetic of both the indoor and outdoor parts of the venue. The guests RAVED about the food and were shocked when there was also dinner after Happy Hour! Staff were extremely helpful in walking us through each step. Also better priced and much prettier than many other venues we checked out, including well-known country clubs on the island.

Literally my only complaint is that I was told I would have 2 bridal attendants and only had 1. I had a few problems throughout the night with things like my bustle and food, and it would've been helpful if there were 2 sets of hands on deck (as I sometimes had trouble finding my bridal attendant). Just something to ask about/verify. The staff were absolutely amazing though!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 01/11/2019

Best wedding ever

From the moment we walked into the Watermill, we knew it was the right place for our wedding. We got married 1/11/19 and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Planning with Tom Wright was always easy and entertaining! He was an absolute delight and felt like part of the family. On the big day, my bridal attendant Kaitlyn and maitre’d Shawn were phenomenal. I can’t say enough about them! They made our day seamless and stress free from the ceremony to our exit, and were simply wonderful. I just loved them! It’s been 2 weeks and everyone we talk to is still raving about the food. Everything from cocktail hour to the dessert bar and donut wall was outstanding. The rooms looked absolutely beautiful and captivating. It was truly the best day of our lives thanks to the exceptional and superior service at the Watermill!
  • Dylan
    Dylan D. Married on 01/01/2019

An Absolute Recommendation

We just had our wedding at the Watermill on New Year's Day. I cannot express how impressed (and I don't impress easily) I was with how everything went. My wife and I simply just had to show up. Johnny, Michelle, and Mike were freaking amazing. They kicked absolute ass with every single detail and every idea/request we had. Everyone is still messaging us raving about the wedding. If I could go to more weddings here with those 3 working it I would go everytime.
  • Patrick
    Patrick H. Married on 11/25/2018

Wedding of a Lifetime

The Watermill was amazing!! I couldn’t believe how accommodating and friendly every person was that worked with us. They gave us so much for an amazing price. They offered the most food, drink, and exit stations than anywhere else we looked. The Watermill blows away all the other venues we saw. And it smells great too! The lighting, the champagne tree, and the food were spectacular! I feel I need to write more... 20 appetizers, 5 stations for cocktail hour, 10 choices for dinner!! Open bar, specialty drinks, and chocolate shot glasses with dessert. They added mint chocolate chip ice cream at the dessert bar just at my request. We had our own personal chef, waiter, and a bridal attendant. They were all so nice and accommodating. People said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much Watermill!
  • Kerri
    Kerri Married on 09/28/2018

Best day ever

Everyone at the watermill was super responsive and on their A game the day of my wedding. I honestly could not have asked for anything more. Every person that worked at the Watermill was nicer than the next! I just can't wait to attend a wedding there now!