Watermill Caterers Reviews

Watermill Caterers 7
  • Kristin

Kristin Vazquez · Getting married on 10/24/2020

gorgeous venue!

from the first time i drove past watermill i knew it was a special place. we attended a showcase there and i instantly fell in love! we were quoted an amazing price and i couldnt wait to bring my family back. unfortunately my family didnt love it as much as i did and the distance played a factor. its a gorgeous venue and i was ready to book it if my family would of been in agreement

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley Bachard · Married on 08/09/2019

My brother's wedding was perfect!

We just celebrated my brother's wedding here Friday night August 9, 2019. From the first time we saw this place at a showcase back in January, we were in love. The venue itself is absolutely stunning, and the food was amazing. The outdoor ceremony was perfect. But the best part of this whole place is the staff. All of the decorations were set up perfectly. From the minute the bridal party stepped out of the limo, we had several staff around us for whatever we needed. Need a drink? Hungry? They had us. The groomsmen said they were served food the minute they arrived. From tacos to sliders to strombolis to lambchops, the food was nonstop. The staff came around to the groom and groomsmen taking drink orders. Unfortunately the bridesmaids and bride didnt get to enjoy that part, only because the guys ran late which set back the limo getting the girls. By the time we arrived, the wedding needed to start right away. When we got to the bridal suite, there was a tray of cold meat wraps for a quick snack before the wedding started (which was perfect because the bride didnt eat much all day). The staff got us all lined up and ready to walk down. After the ceremony the bridal party stayed to take pictures then we actually got to go to the cocktail hour along with the bride and groom for a short time. The food was amazing and plentiful. When we went back to the bridal suite, there was another tray of food for all of us. Then came our entrance into the wedding. We were all so pumped up in the hallway screaming and dancing. We all made our entrance and there was a staff member telling us where to stand. The bride and groom entered under the arch of our hands. Once we were seated, our table waitress greeted us. I only remember her name because it matched her personality. Grace. She took our drink order one time. Thats all that was needed apparently because every time we got up to dance, we came back to refilled drinks at our table. I didnt need to go to the bar once. Grace came back several times to see if we needed anything. Then dinner was served. I ordered filet mignon and shrimp, and my boyfriend ordered chicken and shrimp. We each cut our meat in half and traded. everything was so juicy and flavorful. My brother said that he and his bride got to eat 3 different things off the menu and everything was wonderful. We danced all night to the music from the amazing dj. When the wedding was over, we called Grace over to thank her for everything. She gave us hugs and we headed out the door. Staff were there waiting to give us our bouquets and to make sure we had everything. It truly was a magical night and we couldnt have asked for anything more.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Brian Arons · Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond Amazing

I couldn’t imagine a better Venue to have my wedding at! Tom Lauterborn went above and beyond to make sure our day was absolutely perfect! Nicchole and Sean were nothing short of perfect!!! The food was to die for and the grounds were stunning. Even our photographer was blown away by how breath taking the flowers looked. Every member of the staff was attentive and more than hospitable. Would recommend 110 times out of 100!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Venue

My husband and I got married on 06/22/2019 and were so impressed with Watermill! The food was amazing, staff were so attentive, and the grounds were gorgeous. Tom Lauterborn and his team went out of their way to make sure we had the best day ever!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Sandy Zaklis · Married on 06/14/2019

Perfect wedding venue

The most helpful, friendly, professional staff. Amazing food, beautiful venue. They made the wedding absolutely perfect and the planning easy and fun. I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/11/2019

Best wedding ever

From the moment we walked into the Watermill, we knew it was the right place for our wedding. We got married 1/11/19 and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Planning with Tom Wright was always easy and entertaining! He was an absolute delight and felt like part of the family. On the big day, my bridal attendant Kaitlyn and maitre’d Shawn were phenomenal. I can’t say enough about them! They made our day seamless and stress free from the ceremony to our exit, and were simply wonderful. I just loved them! It’s been 2 weeks and everyone we talk to is still raving about the food. Everything from cocktail hour to the dessert bar and donut wall was outstanding. The rooms looked absolutely beautiful and captivating. It was truly the best day of our lives thanks to the exceptional and superior service at the Watermill!

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Watermill Caterers 8
    Watermill Caterers 9
    Watermill Caterers 10
    Watermill Caterers 11
  • Dylan

Dylan Defranco · Married on 01/01/2019

An Absolute Recommendation

We just had our wedding at the Watermill on New Year's Day. I cannot express how impressed (and I don't impress easily) I was with how everything went. My wife and I simply just had to show up. Johnny, Michelle, and Mike were freaking amazing. They kicked absolute ass with every single detail and every idea/request we had. Everyone is still messaging us raving about the wedding. If I could go to more weddings here with those 3 working it I would go everytime.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Watermill Caterers 12
    Watermill Caterers 13
  • Patrick

Patrick Hill · Married on 11/25/2018

Wedding of a Lifetime

The Watermill was amazing!! I couldn’t believe how accommodating and friendly every person was that worked with us. They gave us so much for an amazing price. They offered the most food, drink, and exit stations than anywhere else we looked. The Watermill blows away all the other venues we saw. And it smells great too! The lighting, the champagne tree, and the food were spectacular! I feel I need to write more... 20 appetizers, 5 stations for cocktail hour, 10 choices for dinner!! Open bar, specialty drinks, and chocolate shot glasses with dessert. They added mint chocolate chip ice cream at the dessert bar just at my request. We had our own personal chef, waiter, and a bridal attendant. They were all so nice and accommodating. People said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much Watermill!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 09/28/2018

Best day ever

Everyone at the watermill was super responsive and on their A game the day of my wedding. I honestly could not have asked for anything more. Every person that worked at the Watermill was nicer than the next! I just can't wait to attend a wedding there now!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Watermill Caterers 14
    Watermill Caterers 15
  • Ivette

Ivette · Married on 09/27/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue!

I am so happy I chose Watermill Caterers as my wedding venue. Their professionalism, dedication to their couples and flexibility ensure your dream wedding becomes a reality. As I look back on my wedding day I am so grateful to Tom, the Maitre D, my bridal attendant and all the staff for all their hard work. Everything was gorgeous! My guest loved the venue, but especially loved the food. Every guest I have ran into since the wedding brings the food up. They say it's the best cocktail hour they have ever had. That really makes me happy. I have been to several weddings were the food was not great and it really stands out in your mind, so to have my guest gush over the venue and food confirms that I picked the ideal place for my big day. THANK YOU WATERMILL!

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Watermill Caterers 16
    Watermill Caterers 17
    Watermill Caterers 18
    Watermill Caterers 19
    Watermill Caterers 20

Jeannie · Married on 08/23/2018

Our wedding day was a dream come true thanks to Watermill! We had our wedding on August 23 and the day could not have been more perfect. The staff was incredible! Our maitre’d Sean was awesome and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our captain Johnny was great and was on top of everything during the reception. Devon my bridal attendant was amazing!! She truly took care of both of us from the moment we stepped into the Watermill until the very end of the night. Everyone in our bridal party loved her! The entire staff worked together like a well-oiled machine – we can’t thank them enough!
    As for the venue itself the renovations are absolutely gorgeous and fit our style completely- we knew it was the perfect place for us! Everything feels so modern and romantic and classy. The gardens are beautiful and we thankfully had perfect weather to have the ceremony outside (they do have an indoor chapel as well in case of bad weather, which is also gorgeous). The food is outstanding and that is really hard to come by. The cocktail hour options are all delicious and our guests were provided a menu that had 10 options to choose from for dinner. We had so many guests coming up to us saying they were blown away by all the food and how delicious everything was!
    We were not only incredibly happy with how Watermill treated us, our bridal party, and our guests but also how well they worked with ALL of our vendors to make the amazing night come together. The staff was such a pleasure to work with on all levels and if we had to go through the process again we would pick Watermill every time. We highly recommend using Watermill - and if you are on the fence about making the choice, trying the food at one of their showcases should put you over.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Joyce · Married on 07/28/2018

Many thanks to Brian Fingerman and the staff at the Watermill for doing a SUPERB job making our daughter’s July 28th wedding beyond amazing! Your incredible attention to detail, delectable food so beautifully presented in abundance, and making sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish made this most important event in our lives a truly spectacular evening to remember and treasure. We’re still getting calls from guests saying it was the best wedding ever! We wholeheartedly agree! If you’re planning a wedding or special occasion, call Brian at the Watermill!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

Simply amazing - above and beyond!

My husband and I cannot say enough amazing things about The Watermill! On a recommendation from a friend who also got married there, we visited and immediately fell in love. We were captured by Watermill’s modern, yet still classic and timeless, design and atmosphere. No other venue we had seen even came close to comparing! We booked with Tom, who made us feel so welcome and always greeted us (and every little question we had) with a smile. My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Vanderbilt room this past July 2018, and the entire day was a dream come true.

Almost three months later, we are still getting compliments about the fantastic food and cocktail hour! We love the Watermill for the variety of food they offer, as well as the exceptional quality. Our guests cannot stop raving about how delicious everything was, how beautiful the venue is, and what a great time they had.

Our bridal attendant, Jessica, was absolutely phenomenal. Every time I turned around, she was never far behind for anything I might need – from so quickly bustling my dress before our entrance (and re-bustling after some dancing!), to getting down on her hands and knees to help me bandage my slightly sore toe so I could keep dancing! Jessica would gracefully and effortlessly sweep in before *I* even knew I needed anything – for example, when my husband and I were introduced and entered the room, she swiftly reached out and took my bouquet so my hands would be free for our first dance (avoiding the often-awkward look around from the bride as if to say “Where can I put these?!”)
    She was extremely professional, friendly, and there to help with anything my husband, our families, and I needed to make sure we enjoyed our wedding day. Jessica was such a joy, and has a true gift for the hospitality industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is running her own place someday!

Our maitre’d, Rich B, helped the evening run so smoothly. He was waiting right at our limo door when we arrived at the Watermill to introduce himself, show us to the bridal suite, and make sure we were taken care of from start to finish. He ensured that my husband and I were walked through the cocktail hour and reception room before the guests (a request by my husband and me, so we could enjoy and appreciate every detail of the room). Rich kept us aware of everything going on, made sure our glasses were never empty, and coordinated with our great captain (Anthoni) to make sure the entire evening ran smoothly, and make sure we did not have to worry about anything. Our guests all had such wonderful praise to share for the immense courtesy, attentiveness, and accommodating natures of the wait staff during the reception.

Everyone we worked with at the Watermill throughout wedding planning was a pleasure! Samantha is a wonderful and knowledgeable resource, and was so helpful in helping us choose our invitations and in taking care of all the small details. Every staff member made us feel at home when we visited for wedding appointments throughout our planning period.

My husband and I are now hoping to be guests at a Watermill wedding in the future, so we can enjoy the incredible venue again! We cannot express strongly enough how much we would recommend the Watermill. For a wedding, or any event, the Watermill team’s level of service, attention to detail, professionalism, compassion, and care is above and beyond.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Lawrence · Married on 04/27/2018

My wife and I couldn't be more happy with our wedding at Watermill Caterers (4/27/18).

Booking with Eric who is no longer there was a pleasure. Everything from the initial tour to discussing our options was relaxed and fun. After Eric left, Tom took over managing our date and he did a wonderful job. He made appropriate recommendations regarding our needs and never tried to up-sell us. We always felt like we were in good hands and that our requests would be met.

The renovations they've done are incredible, if you're looking for clean and modern like we were this place will take your breath away. The menu options (your guests get like 10 choices...what?!) will please any crowd. We got so many compliments on the food, both for the cocktail hour and dinner. Honestly, we can't wait to be invited to a wedding here so we can enjoy it as guests too!

The day of our wedding was perfect. Our maitre'd Sean was on top of everything and I'm convinced he can be in three places at once - a true professional. The bridal attendant Jessica was extremely attentive, warm, and kind. The rest of the staff was always smiling and we heard nothing but compliments from our friends and family regarding their waitstaff. They placed our decorations exactly how we wanted (even better than we had imagined in some instances!) and really make the place look amazing.

We couldn't recommend this place enough. To everyone at the Watermill, THANK YOU!

Megan & Lawrence

Sent on 05/30/2018

Rachelle · Married on 04/08/2018

My experience at the Watermill has been GREAT, particularly working with Brian, who really took care of us as we considered Watermill as one of our top 3 choices for our special day! Right when I walked in, I was impressed by the entrance with it's marble floor and everything looks so new and clean. Brian gave us a tour of the rooms and the beautiful garden/cocktail area. I was already imagining how perfect it would be to take photos at the different areas. My family was also fortunate enough to attend their Bridal Showcase which was hands down one of the best cocktail spreads i've ever had. They had a sushi station (with soft shell crab!), FRESH mozzerella station where it's literally still warm from just being made, the delicious brisket carving station (i would have chosen this + my obligatory lechon option), and of course the desserts. My siblings and I LOVED the chocolate shot/cordial bar which I will make sure I have at my wedding. When I asked for a cotton candy machine (i know, im an adult asking for a kids station- but hey, it's my day! lol), he really assured me that he'd take care of it. I have no doubt that if I chose Watermill as my venue, Brian and his staff would have been so accommodating and professional. This weekend, we decided to choose another venue which only allowed 1 event the whole day which I didn't realize would play such an important factor in my decision in picking my venue, but it did. Thank you Brian for your very reasonable offer and I hope that I can come by again for future parties!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Brooke · Married on 03/23/2018

The service was absolutely wonderful at the Watermill. From the second we arrived with our wedding party, we were greeted with unlimited drinks, food and anything else you could imagine. The Watermill literally allowed us to drop our bags right in the lobby and get to work taking pictures while they carried all of our bags to the bridal suite and served us food and drinks.

The food, from the cocktail hour all the way to the dessert spread, was delicious. All of our guests raved about the array of food, the quality, and the presentation.

Also, throughout the entire wedding planning process, Tom L. was super helpful and informative and during the wedding itself, he made sure that our night was absolutely perfect. Caitlin, the bridal attendant, was unbelievable. She really attended to my every need and was able to anticipate everything throughout the night.

I truly cannot say enough good things about the Watermill. Based on my experience as a bride as well as the phenomenal feedback from all of our guests (including my father who is extremely hard to please), I highly recommend the Watermill for a wedding or any other special event!

Sent on 04/11/2018
    Watermill Caterers 21
    Watermill Caterers 22
    Watermill Caterers 23
    Watermill Caterers 24

Emily · Married on 01/06/2018

We got married on 1/6/18 and it was easily the best day of our lives! The Watermill is truly the best at what they do. They went above and beyond and made our day so special. We were lucky enough to work with both Tom W. and Tom L. They made the entire process so easy and were very accommodating and professional. Our bridal attendant Jenn was spectacular. She was helping us and the entire bridal party and made us all feel so at ease. Our captain Danielle was very attentive and made sure we had anything we needed. Same goes for our Maitre d' Rich.  Both did a phenomenal job! Our guests have been raving about the food, the atmosphere and the staff. The day went flawlessly. If you ever have any doubts, don't because the Watermill knows exactly what they are doing! It was the winter wonderland that we always dreamed of!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Adam · Married on 12/09/2017

Wow! Hats off to the Watermill for an amazing night that is still being talked about by friends and family over a month later. We heard about the Watermill through family friends who were there recently for a shower and said to go take a look and that it had all been redone. When we went, we met with Tom who was amazing. A true professional who loves his craft. He walked us through everything with a personal touch, which made us feel special and not just another couple. He was essentially available 24/7 via phone or email to answer any of our questions. If you love food then the Watermill is top notch. Amazing cocktail hour stations left everyone wanting more. They are unique in that for dinner they offer their full menu instead of the standard chicken, steak, or fish option which was amazing. They are a one stop shop for all your wedding needs. We had looked around for our invitations but again went with Samantha their in house invitation "guru" who took care of us, answered all our questions, expedited our order and created some one of a kind beautiful invitations. The venue itself is immaculate. The cocktail hour room upstairs is beautiful enough to hold a wedding in, but with a guest list of 245 we had the reception downstairs in the beautiful Vanderbilt room. We cant say enough about the high level of professionalism from the Maître'd , captain, and bridal attendant. You were well taken care of with anything you needed. I highly recommend taking a look at the Watermill for your wedding or any event in that matter. Their staff will take care of you personally and that's what we appreciated the most.

Sent on 01/14/2018

Kimberly · Married on 11/12/2017

My fiancé Mike and I are extremely excited to have booked our wedding here at the Watermill for the fall of 2017. The venue is absolutely beautiful! We have been working with Brian, he has been so accommodating, patient and helpful through the process. I would definitely recommend you ask for Brian when you book to look at this hall. We are so impressed!
    -Kimberly

Sent on 02/27/2016

JESSICA · Married on 10/12/2017

Our wedding was 13 days ago. I must say Watermill did s great job!! They were on top of everything. My bridal attendant Jackie was on her A game. She made sure we had our alone time after the ceremony and made sure we had food in the bridal suite. Our maître d’ was professional and if I needed something to be done he was on it ASAP. My fiancé and I did not have to left a finger for anything. We truly felt like a Queen and King. It was worth every penny! I would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Patricia · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I attended a wedding last night, August 12th. The experience was fantastic. The maître d was Richie. He was professional, courteous, efficient and ran the wedding like a well oiled machine. Our waiter at table 11 was excellent!!Our water glasses were filled, the drinks were served continuously, the food was hot and delicious! It was one of the best weddings I have been to in years!! I took a moment to find the maître d and that's when I learned his name and felt compelled to write this review!! I will recommend this venue to everyone I know! I have a big Italian family and am also a realtor that comes in contact with many couples that need a venue!! I am going to shout from the rooftops about Richie and the Watermill!! Thank you for making last night so beautiful!!! I wish my daughter got married here instead of the place they chose in Massapequa, the Riviera. Total disappointment!..... but good news, I have another daughter!!! Although she is not ready yet, the Watermill will be my first Suggestion to her!!! Thanks again!!!

Sent on 08/13/2017

April · Married on 09/02/2017

If I could give more than a five star review I absolutely would! My husband and I got married on September 2nd and had the most perfect wedding ever! The entire staff was professional, courteous, and friendly. They made it so that the entire day was stress free for the both of us. Kaitlyn, my bridal attendant was phenomenal. She made sure I was never thirsty or hungry and even helped me change out of my heels when my feet were starting to hurt! The bustle on my dress broke at one point and she was ready to fix it with white safety pins! Sean, our maitre'd was great! He made sure the entire day went off without a hitch, and kept everything running so smoothly. All of the food was amazing, and it just kept coming. Some of the guests thought that the cocktail hour was the main dinner since there was so much food and so many options. The bacon bar was a huge hit! Dinner was great and Antonio, the captain made sure everyone was taken care of. The best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing the Watermill. I wish we could do it all over again and we really hope some of our friends get married here so we can come back!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Geoffrey · Married on 08/27/2017

This was the first place my wife and I visited when shopping for a catering hall. We met with Tom Wright and the way he presented himself and the venue...literally gave me goosebumps. I kept stressing that to my then fiance. I wanted to book them right away but we looked around anyway. Needless to say, we booked with them. The Watermill just did a complete renovation about a year ago so everything is brand new. They have an outdoor area for ceremony but also have indoor (if needed). The food is one of the best features. All of our guests raved about the food, the bacon bar and sushi bar was the most talked about. The main course would vary but at the time we booked, our guests were able to choose from 1 of 10 entrees. TEN! Not just chicken, steak, or fish. But from lamb, steak, chicken, branzino, salmon, shrimp, manicotti, and I can't remember the rest. ALL of their staff was just perfect. They really looked like they enjoy working there and that was important to us. You don't want your guests seeing the wait staff with frowns. A special shout out to our Maitre'D Rich, the Captain, Rich, and our Bridal Attendant Kaitlin. You guys really...I can't express it with words.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Ella · Married on 08/26/2017

Simply amazing, from the venue to food and staff!! I'm so happy I chose this venue over others

Sent on 08/27/2017