Watermill Caterers Reviews

175 | Smithtown, NY

175 Reviews for Watermill Caterers

175 Watermill Caterers Reviews

Jeannie · Married on 08/23/2018

Our wedding day was a dream come true thanks to Watermill! We had our wedding on August 23 and the day could not have been more perfect. The staff was incredible! Our maitre’d Sean was awesome and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our captain Johnny was great and was on top of everything during the reception. Devon my bridal attendant was amazing!! She truly took care of both of us from the moment we stepped into the Watermill until the very end of the night. Everyone in our bridal party loved her! The entire staff worked together like a well-oiled machine – we can’t thank them enough!
    As for the venue itself the renovations are absolutely gorgeous and fit our style completely- we knew it was the perfect place for us! Everything feels so modern and romantic and classy. The gardens are beautiful and we thankfully had perfect weather to have the ceremony outside (they do have an indoor chapel as well in case of bad weather, which is also gorgeous). The food is outstanding and that is really hard to come by. The cocktail hour options are all delicious and our guests were provided a menu that had 10 options to choose from for dinner. We had so many guests coming up to us saying they were blown away by all the food and how delicious everything was!
    We were not only incredibly happy with how Watermill treated us, our bridal party, and our guests but also how well they worked with ALL of our vendors to make the amazing night come together. The staff was such a pleasure to work with on all levels and if we had to go through the process again we would pick Watermill every time. We highly recommend using Watermill - and if you are on the fence about making the choice, trying the food at one of their showcases should put you over.

Joyce · Married on 07/28/2018

Many thanks to Brian Fingerman and the staff at the Watermill for doing a SUPERB job making our daughter’s July 28th wedding beyond amazing! Your incredible attention to detail, delectable food so beautifully presented in abundance, and making sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish made this most important event in our lives a truly spectacular evening to remember and treasure. We’re still getting calls from guests saying it was the best wedding ever! We wholeheartedly agree! If you’re planning a wedding or special occasion, call Brian at the Watermill!

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

Simply amazing - above and beyond!

My husband and I cannot say enough amazing things about The Watermill! On a recommendation from a friend who also got married there, we visited and immediately fell in love. We were captured by Watermill’s modern, yet still classic and timeless, design and atmosphere. No other venue we had seen even came close to comparing! We booked with Tom, who made us feel so welcome and always greeted us (and every little question we had) with a smile. My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Vanderbilt room this past July 2018, and the entire day was a dream come true.

Almost three months later, we are still getting compliments about the fantastic food and cocktail hour! We love the Watermill for the variety of food they offer, as well as the exceptional quality. Our guests cannot stop raving about how delicious everything was, how beautiful the venue is, and what a great time they had.

Our bridal attendant, Jessica, was absolutely phenomenal. Every time I turned around, she was never far behind for anything I might need – from so quickly bustling my dress before our entrance (and re-bustling after some dancing!), to getting down on her hands and knees to help me bandage my slightly sore toe so I could keep dancing! Jessica would gracefully and effortlessly sweep in before *I* even knew I needed anything – for example, when my husband and I were introduced and entered the room, she swiftly reached out and took my bouquet so my hands would be free for our first dance (avoiding the often-awkward look around from the bride as if to say “Where can I put these?!”)
    She was extremely professional, friendly, and there to help with anything my husband, our families, and I needed to make sure we enjoyed our wedding day. Jessica was such a joy, and has a true gift for the hospitality industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is running her own place someday!

Our maitre’d, Rich B, helped the evening run so smoothly. He was waiting right at our limo door when we arrived at the Watermill to introduce himself, show us to the bridal suite, and make sure we were taken care of from start to finish. He ensured that my husband and I were walked through the cocktail hour and reception room before the guests (a request by my husband and me, so we could enjoy and appreciate every detail of the room). Rich kept us aware of everything going on, made sure our glasses were never empty, and coordinated with our great captain (Anthoni) to make sure the entire evening ran smoothly, and make sure we did not have to worry about anything. Our guests all had such wonderful praise to share for the immense courtesy, attentiveness, and accommodating natures of the wait staff during the reception.

Everyone we worked with at the Watermill throughout wedding planning was a pleasure! Samantha is a wonderful and knowledgeable resource, and was so helpful in helping us choose our invitations and in taking care of all the small details. Every staff member made us feel at home when we visited for wedding appointments throughout our planning period.

My husband and I are now hoping to be guests at a Watermill wedding in the future, so we can enjoy the incredible venue again! We cannot express strongly enough how much we would recommend the Watermill. For a wedding, or any event, the Watermill team’s level of service, attention to detail, professionalism, compassion, and care is above and beyond.

Lawrence · Married on 04/27/2018

My wife and I couldn't be more happy with our wedding at Watermill Caterers (4/27/18).

Booking with Eric who is no longer there was a pleasure. Everything from the initial tour to discussing our options was relaxed and fun. After Eric left, Tom took over managing our date and he did a wonderful job. He made appropriate recommendations regarding our needs and never tried to up-sell us. We always felt like we were in good hands and that our requests would be met.

The renovations they've done are incredible, if you're looking for clean and modern like we were this place will take your breath away. The menu options (your guests get like 10 choices...what?!) will please any crowd. We got so many compliments on the food, both for the cocktail hour and dinner. Honestly, we can't wait to be invited to a wedding here so we can enjoy it as guests too!

The day of our wedding was perfect. Our maitre'd Sean was on top of everything and I'm convinced he can be in three places at once - a true professional. The bridal attendant Jessica was extremely attentive, warm, and kind. The rest of the staff was always smiling and we heard nothing but compliments from our friends and family regarding their waitstaff. They placed our decorations exactly how we wanted (even better than we had imagined in some instances!) and really make the place look amazing.

We couldn't recommend this place enough. To everyone at the Watermill, THANK YOU!

Megan & Lawrence

Rachelle · Married on 04/08/2018

My experience at the Watermill has been GREAT, particularly working with Brian, who really took care of us as we considered Watermill as one of our top 3 choices for our special day! Right when I walked in, I was impressed by the entrance with it's marble floor and everything looks so new and clean. Brian gave us a tour of the rooms and the beautiful garden/cocktail area. I was already imagining how perfect it would be to take photos at the different areas. My family was also fortunate enough to attend their Bridal Showcase which was hands down one of the best cocktail spreads i've ever had. They had a sushi station (with soft shell crab!), FRESH mozzerella station where it's literally still warm from just being made, the delicious brisket carving station (i would have chosen this + my obligatory lechon option), and of course the desserts. My siblings and I LOVED the chocolate shot/cordial bar which I will make sure I have at my wedding. When I asked for a cotton candy machine (i know, im an adult asking for a kids station- but hey, it's my day! lol), he really assured me that he'd take care of it. I have no doubt that if I chose Watermill as my venue, Brian and his staff would have been so accommodating and professional. This weekend, we decided to choose another venue which only allowed 1 event the whole day which I didn't realize would play such an important factor in my decision in picking my venue, but it did. Thank you Brian for your very reasonable offer and I hope that I can come by again for future parties!

Brooke · Married on 03/23/2018

The service was absolutely wonderful at the Watermill. From the second we arrived with our wedding party, we were greeted with unlimited drinks, food and anything else you could imagine. The Watermill literally allowed us to drop our bags right in the lobby and get to work taking pictures while they carried all of our bags to the bridal suite and served us food and drinks.

The food, from the cocktail hour all the way to the dessert spread, was delicious. All of our guests raved about the array of food, the quality, and the presentation.

Also, throughout the entire wedding planning process, Tom L. was super helpful and informative and during the wedding itself, he made sure that our night was absolutely perfect. Caitlin, the bridal attendant, was unbelievable. She really attended to my every need and was able to anticipate everything throughout the night.

I truly cannot say enough good things about the Watermill. Based on my experience as a bride as well as the phenomenal feedback from all of our guests (including my father who is extremely hard to please), I highly recommend the Watermill for a wedding or any other special event!

Watermill Caterers 1
    Watermill Caterers 2
    Watermill Caterers 3
    Watermill Caterers 4

Emily · Married on 01/06/2018

We got married on 1/6/18 and it was easily the best day of our lives! The Watermill is truly the best at what they do. They went above and beyond and made our day so special. We were lucky enough to work with both Tom W. and Tom L. They made the entire process so easy and were very accommodating and professional. Our bridal attendant Jenn was spectacular. She was helping us and the entire bridal party and made us all feel so at ease. Our captain Danielle was very attentive and made sure we had anything we needed. Same goes for our Maitre d' Rich.  Both did a phenomenal job! Our guests have been raving about the food, the atmosphere and the staff. The day went flawlessly. If you ever have any doubts, don't because the Watermill knows exactly what they are doing! It was the winter wonderland that we always dreamed of!

Adam · Married on 12/09/2017

Wow! Hats off to the Watermill for an amazing night that is still being talked about by friends and family over a month later. We heard about the Watermill through family friends who were there recently for a shower and said to go take a look and that it had all been redone. When we went, we met with Tom who was amazing. A true professional who loves his craft. He walked us through everything with a personal touch, which made us feel special and not just another couple. He was essentially available 24/7 via phone or email to answer any of our questions. If you love food then the Watermill is top notch. Amazing cocktail hour stations left everyone wanting more. They are unique in that for dinner they offer their full menu instead of the standard chicken, steak, or fish option which was amazing. They are a one stop shop for all your wedding needs. We had looked around for our invitations but again went with Samantha their in house invitation "guru" who took care of us, answered all our questions, expedited our order and created some one of a kind beautiful invitations. The venue itself is immaculate. The cocktail hour room upstairs is beautiful enough to hold a wedding in, but with a guest list of 245 we had the reception downstairs in the beautiful Vanderbilt room. We cant say enough about the high level of professionalism from the Maître'd , captain, and bridal attendant. You were well taken care of with anything you needed. I highly recommend taking a look at the Watermill for your wedding or any event in that matter. Their staff will take care of you personally and that's what we appreciated the most.

JESSICA · Married on 10/12/2017

Our wedding was 13 days ago. I must say Watermill did s great job!! They were on top of everything. My bridal attendant Jackie was on her A game. She made sure we had our alone time after the ceremony and made sure we had food in the bridal suite. Our maître d’ was professional and if I needed something to be done he was on it ASAP. My fiancé and I did not have to left a finger for anything. We truly felt like a Queen and King. It was worth every penny! I would definitely recommend to others.

Patricia · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I attended a wedding last night, August 12th. The experience was fantastic. The maître d was Richie. He was professional, courteous, efficient and ran the wedding like a well oiled machine. Our waiter at table 11 was excellent!!Our water glasses were filled, the drinks were served continuously, the food was hot and delicious! It was one of the best weddings I have been to in years!! I took a moment to find the maître d and that's when I learned his name and felt compelled to write this review!! I will recommend this venue to everyone I know! I have a big Italian family and am also a realtor that comes in contact with many couples that need a venue!! I am going to shout from the rooftops about Richie and the Watermill!! Thank you for making last night so beautiful!!! I wish my daughter got married here instead of the place they chose in Massapequa, the Riviera. Total disappointment!..... but good news, I have another daughter!!! Although she is not ready yet, the Watermill will be my first Suggestion to her!!! Thanks again!!!

April · Married on 09/02/2017

If I could give more than a five star review I absolutely would! My husband and I got married on September 2nd and had the most perfect wedding ever! The entire staff was professional, courteous, and friendly. They made it so that the entire day was stress free for the both of us. Kaitlyn, my bridal attendant was phenomenal. She made sure I was never thirsty or hungry and even helped me change out of my heels when my feet were starting to hurt! The bustle on my dress broke at one point and she was ready to fix it with white safety pins! Sean, our maitre'd was great! He made sure the entire day went off without a hitch, and kept everything running so smoothly. All of the food was amazing, and it just kept coming. Some of the guests thought that the cocktail hour was the main dinner since there was so much food and so many options. The bacon bar was a huge hit! Dinner was great and Antonio, the captain made sure everyone was taken care of. The best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing the Watermill. I wish we could do it all over again and we really hope some of our friends get married here so we can come back!

Geoffrey · Married on 08/27/2017

This was the first place my wife and I visited when shopping for a catering hall. We met with Tom Wright and the way he presented himself and the venue...literally gave me goosebumps. I kept stressing that to my then fiance. I wanted to book them right away but we looked around anyway. Needless to say, we booked with them. The Watermill just did a complete renovation about a year ago so everything is brand new. They have an outdoor area for ceremony but also have indoor (if needed). The food is one of the best features. All of our guests raved about the food, the bacon bar and sushi bar was the most talked about. The main course would vary but at the time we booked, our guests were able to choose from 1 of 10 entrees. TEN! Not just chicken, steak, or fish. But from lamb, steak, chicken, branzino, salmon, shrimp, manicotti, and I can't remember the rest. ALL of their staff was just perfect. They really looked like they enjoy working there and that was important to us. You don't want your guests seeing the wait staff with frowns. A special shout out to our Maitre'D Rich, the Captain, Rich, and our Bridal Attendant Kaitlin. You guys really...I can't express it with words.

Ella · Married on 08/26/2017

Simply amazing, from the venue to food and staff!! I'm so happy I chose this venue over others

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2017

My fiancé and I just recently booked our wedding at the Watermill so although we haven't had our wedding yet I wanted to comment on the experience we have had thus far. Upon our first meeting, we were greeted by a woman in the front entrance &!were welcomed to look around, check out the bathrooms, etc. while we awaited to meet the banquet manager, Eric. The entrance is beautiful & had been recently renovated. The bathrooms were just as beautiful and clean!! When we met with Eric, he was very welcoming & made us feel at home there at the Watermill. He gave us a tour of the venue answering any questions we had along the way. The cocktail room is currently being renovated so we couldn't see the actual room, but we did see the board of what it will look like & it looks amazing! After the tour, we sat down to talk about the various options (i.e. ceremony, reception, menu options, pricing, etc.). Eric was patient & receptive to anything and everything we were concerned or wondering about. In no way did we feel pressured through the whole process as it turned out that we met with Eric three times before booking! I would highly recommend speaking with Eric if you are looking to book or even just starting the venue search because he is amazing at what he does! Between the time he took to speak with us on three separate occasions, to his passion for the beauty of the Watermill mixed with his belief in a beautiful and elegant wedding with an AMAZING food menu not only helped us confirm our decision to book at the Watermill but made us realize the Watermill staffs the best of the best. We really appreciate his undeniable ability to make us feel special and really excited about this time in our lives and there's no doubt in my mind, he will do the same for you! We are thrilled to begin our wedding planning with the Watermill as our home base!

Vanessa · Married on 08/12/2017

Absolutely amazing!!! Did not have not one issue with them and the day of the wedding was perfect. Everyone there was super nice and helpful. Every guest gushed about not only the space and food but the friendly service also! Best decision I made planning the wedding was choosing Watermill!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2017

My husband and I were married here this past July 3rd, 2017. It was absolutely amazing!! From the first time we set foot in the building when we were still researching catering halls, we fell in love. The lobby is gorgeous, and we were greeted right away by a friendly receptionist. We mainly worked with Tom Wright, who was nothing but professional, accommodating, and friendly throughout the entire process from beginning to end. The day of the wedding, everything was set up perfectly and the entire staff was excellent. Always on point, accommodating to every guest, and as nice as can be. Sean was our maitre d. He was excellent! He helped me carry my dress while walking around to take pictures, offered us drinks, and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted almost immediately upon asking. Kaitlyn was our bridal attendant who was also amazing. She not only helped my husband and I, but also the entire wedding party throughout the whole night. She was the best!!! On top of amazing service, the food was top notch. Everything from cocktail hour, to dinner (10 choices!!!) to dessert was delicious. We continue to hear compliments about the decor, service, and food from all of our guests. Honestly there isn't a thing we would have changed. The place and the staff are absolute perfection! We will be recommending the Watermill for years to come!!

silviya · Married on 06/11/2017

the place is gourgeous. recommend it to everyone. the garden is so beautiful and the cocktail hour is usually there as well as the ceremony when the weather allows it. in side u r walking into a beautiful place with a lot of options to make an unbelievable photos for ur memories
    the reception room was beautifully arranged the lighting was matching perfectly with the theme color and everything looked amazing. we had a lovely attended who was making sure we have everything perfect also the rest of the staff were absolutely professional and they really know what they do even in situation where u have to think and act fast
    we had such a blast. all our guests were impressed and loved their experience from the way how it looked through the food ( delicious btw) all the way the venishion hour to the smallest detail
    love the place

Vikki · Married on 04/21/2017

Spectacular! The Watermill did a fantastic job with our wedding from beginning to end. We booked with Brian in October 2015 for our wedding on 4/21/17; he was a terrific help throughout the entire process and we never felt pressured. We were so thrilled with the venue that we attended as many events as possible and thoroughly enjoyed watching the transformation of the venue. The renovations they completed are STUNNING and we were blown away when we walked into the Vanderbilt room for our reception. Samantha the wedding coordinator is extremely helpful specifically when you are just starting to plan the big day.

Our wedding was amazing in large part because of the professional and attentive staff. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about our bridal attendant, Kaitlyn, captain Richie and maître D Rich. They were incredible from the moment we pulled up, ensuring that literally everything was taken care of. I'm sure you've heard that the food is outstanding but that doesn't cover it! Original cocktail hour options, insane number of entre choices, delicious dessert...our guests are still raving about them all.

At the end of the night, we experienced a minor issue with one of our vendors. Every staff member at the Watermill was quick to offer assistance and made sure the issue was resolved. Brian emailed me the next day to follow-up and make sure that the vendor followed-up with us and corrected the situation. It was a level of professionalism that you just don't get everywhere and we truly appreciated it!

There are so many more things I could say to compliment the job the Watermill did with our wedding but I will simply revert to my first comment...SPECTACULAR! I can't wait to go back for a friend's wedding next year and experience it all over again!!

Sherry · Married on 03/31/2017

My husband and I are so happy we picked the watermill as our vendor. All the staff was amazing. Only thing we where upset about is at the day of our wedding there was of course we knew another wedding was going on but also found out that day there was a sweet 16 to. During our ceromony there was a loud band that happened from a door that opened. Also we couldn't take pictures with our bridal party on the stairs due to the sweet 16 kids being all around and their swuite was located right next to my bridal sweet which I was not happy about. Other than that I was highly pleased with the services that watermill provided and I would love to deal with them again for future events.

mathew · Married on 02/04/2017

Great to work with! Everything was beautiful.

Steven · Married on 12/16/2016

Ask for Eric!!!!!!!! He is hands down the best. He goes out of his way make sure everything is perfect for your special day!!!

Nicole · Married on 12/02/2016

My husband and I were having a hard time choosing the right venue for our wedding, until we met with Tom W. at Watermill Caterers. After getting the tour, going over the menus, and seeing their renovation plans, we chose to have our Winter Wonderland wedding on 12/02/16, and it was one of the best decisions we've made. Our invitations were ordered through Samantha (their in-house wedding planner) and were absolutely stunning, and our cake / Viennese hour came from Dortoni Bakery (one of their recommended vendors), everything was to die for! The grounds were set up beautifully and fit our theme perfectly. Our ceremony, cocktail, and reception spaces were all in different rooms- not only did each room take our breaths away, our guests were also amazed. The food was simply delicious and was plated beautifully, and the drinks kept the party going all night. The entire staff was always so helpful, accommodating, and pleasant from the receptionist, to the bartenders, to the wait staff. Nick (Maitre' D'), Jessica (Bridal Attendant), and Danielle (Captain) were a flawless team and went above and beyond for all of our needs. Thank you all for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Lola · Married on 11/26/2016

This place was amazing from beginning to end !

Debbi · Married on 11/25/2016

From the day we signed the contract to the moment we took our last steps out the night of our wedding we couldn't be happier! We booked blindly before the renovations were done and our reception room (The Astor Suite) was breathtaking. Our cocktail hour room was redone as well and it's so airy and open now. I will admit, upon our first meeting we were very upset with the original banquet manager, Brian. He was very smug and zipped through our meeting without even giving us a tour. He also made us seem like we may have not been able to afford a wedding there prior to going over prices. Although we were upset we loved the venue. We rescheduled, met with Tom and clicked immediately with him. I highly suggest meeting with Tom or Eric (We LOVED Eric! Such a delight to work with and keeps you laughing!) Pricing was very reasonable for such an exquisite venue. Cocktail hour was almost overwhelming to our guests with such an abundance of food and choices. Love bacon? Good! They offer a BACON BAR! Also, if you're looking for a "church like" setting to get married in they have a room that will give you that feel. The night of we had Jessica as a bridal attendant who was amazing! She was cleaning the bottom of my dress for me right until they opened the doors to get me down the isle. Dave was our matre d and by the end of the night he felt more like family. The run a tight ship and know what they are doing and they do it well! From the bottom of our hearts we can't thank the watermill enough for making our day perfect!