WaterColor Inn Reviews

97 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

97 Reviews for WaterColor Inn

• Melissa

Melissa Dent · Married on 05/18/2019

The very best wedding experience!

I had an amazing wedding experience at Watercolor Inn! Cheryl was my wedding coordinator and she was so wonderful!! We planned this out of state and she worked with us to make it effortless! It was all so professional and well thought out, I could relax and know that I was in good hands!

The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and everything went so smoothly. All of our guests had a BLAST! We got so many compliments about it being the best wedding ever! On the wedding day, Cheryl attended to our every need before we even knew what we needed! My husband and I, and our families, were able to be present and simply appreciate the special day without worrying about a thing. The experience is worth the expense! I'm so grateful to them all, and would highly recommend it!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Robert · Married on 02/24/2018

Joseph Lanzy and the staff at WaterColor made our wedding absolutely perfect. Our ceremony was in Cerulean park and our reception was in the Lakehouse. Both were beautiful. The food, service, and entire experience were all fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at WaterColor!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Anna · Married on 02/22/2018

My dream wedding and venue!! While it might be a little more expensive, it was such a wonderful experience working with WaterColor. Our coordinator was Nina and she was so fantastic! Very organized, professional, and made the day and planning so much fun and stress free. You will receive 5 star treatment if you select WaterColor as your wedding venue. I also loved that they have indoor back up space for inclement weather which most venues do not have along 30a.

Our guests can’t stop talking about how much fun and how beautiful the wedding was!

Sent on 03/11/2018

M · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough lovely things about Nina, our coordinator. She was so helpful, organized, professional and genuinely caring. She reassured us every step of the way so we were comfortable. Because of her, we knew our day would be amazing no matter what because she was there watching over every detail. We planned our wedding in the span of three months and it was EASY thanks to Nina. If you have her as your coordinator you are lucky! When it came to the day of, she was so poised despite some tricky whether which made me feel so much better. She looked after us herself all night, making sure we had food and drinks in hand. I may be biased but I think my wedding was the most fun wedding I have ever been to, and that's thanks to all of Nina's hard work.

The grounds at WaterColor are obviously breathtaking. We had our reception in Cerulean Park and our reception outside on the Inn Green behind Fish Out of Water Restaurant. I am so lucky to have found this place and that it was available, I can't think of a more beautiful place to have such an important occasion.

THE. FOOD. WAS. AMAZING. All my friends and family said so. Everyone said at your own wedding you don't really eat because your too busy, but my husband and I made sure we ate plenty (with Nina's help) because the food was just so perfectly done. You can't go wrong with anything you pick because Chef Deese Chatwood is a true talent. The best food I have ever had at a wedding. At our tasting I felt like we knew him forever. He was so funny, warm and welcoming. The entire staff at our wedding was awesome. It was the best night of our lives.

Our wedding was better than I could have ever dreamed. Thank you so much everyone! :)

Sent on 10/30/2017

Sherry · Married on 02/14/2017

Joseph Lanzy was professional, courteous, and efficient .. Exactly who you want by your side for any special event!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • User6092087 · 2+ years ago

Daughter had her dream wedding at the Lakehouse in Watercolor, Florida. The staff was great to work with and Nina was so calm and professional.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Betty · Married on 10/08/2016

Cheryl Walton was our wedding coordinator, and she did an incredible job!! She was responsive and wonderful in every way!! The ceremony was held at Marina Park and the reception and cocktail hour were held at The Lakehouse and pool area in Watercolor Lakeside. The venue is beautiful to begin with, but with the help of, Cheryl, along with our event coordinator, Carley Hubbard, at Events by Nouveau, they created a wedding that no one ever forget. It was absolutely magical!! Cheryl was with us the entire way from selecting the food and beverages, which was wonderful, to our daughter and son-in-law leaving the event. She was responsive to any need of the bride and groom, wedding party, and all our guests. We were all so very thankful for Cheryl, and I can't express how wonderful she truly is, as she is one in a million!! My only regret is that the event is over!!! I highly recommend Watercolor, Cheryl, and Events by Nouveau if you want a dream wedding!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

ALLISON · Married on 10/08/2016

Cheryl is fantastic!! Everything was gorgeous and went off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/17/2016

lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

My experience at WaterColor Resort was absolutely amazing. Having insight as an event planner myself, I will confidently say that Joseph Lanzy and his staff provided exceptional service and support throughout the entire wedding planning process. Joseph was thorough with every detail and financial element of our wedding, leaving my parents and me with ZERO worries. In addition to his professionalism, Joseph has a contagious charisma, he was very comforting to the entire family... Even guests were commenting on how awesome he was! The resort was beautiful, and they went above and beyond in ensuring the venue looked pristine, even to the extent of mulching the already beautiful flowerbeds at my dad's request! The food was delicious and my menu unique compared to other weddings I have attended. From start to finish, the wedding was flawless. I love to reminisce on the entire day. WaterColor blessed me with the wedding of my dreams! 5 stars!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2016

Dream wedding for sure! So much fun planning with Joseph Lanzy, he is very knowledgeable and professional with great taste. Nothing beats getting married in our favorite location with all of our favorite people. Worth every penny!

D · Married on 05/21/2016

Joseph & Everyone involved did an excellent job to make our daughters special day a huge success.
    We never doubted how exceptional it would be but were still overwhelmed with the final product
    Absolutely worth the time, effort and expense!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Nina and the team at Watercolor could not have made our wedding planning process any easier. My husband and I planned a wedding in 3 months and most people thought we were crazy, but Nina made it so easy on us! There was absolutely no stress throughout the entire process, and that is exactly what we were looking for. Our time at the resort was spent hanging out with family and friends. Our wedding was a Sunday brunch, which is not common, but Nina and the Chef took this opportunity to make our day so special. We got everything we could have dreamed of and more. There was not a hiccup in the day, and I know it's because they treat every bride and groom like they are the most important priority to them. We've always loved Watercolor, but all of our guests were from out of town, and they are still talking about the next time we are coming back to stay, because it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Andrew · Married on 04/16/2016

Our wedding was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a more qualified, attentive, and friendly planner! Joseph helped our day happen without a hitch, and the venue was flawless. It poured rain all well leading up to our wedding, so we were nervous the green spaces would be muddy and soggy, but they were perfect! Everyone had an amazing time! Thank you!!!

Morgana · Married on 04/16/2016

I vote yes!! Joseph was incredibly supportive, loving, encouraging, and so much fun to work with!!

Cameron · Married on 04/07/2016

Loved Watercolors wedding staff. We had the best time and would highly recommend everyone get married here!

Cindy · Married on 03/06/2016

Wonderful venue, with great food, and Joseph was absolutely AMAZING!!

Tammy · Married on 08/10/2015

Fantastic, wonderful and amazing! Coordinator, Joseph Lanzy asked the right questions and listened to what I wanted. He suggested vendors, based on my desires. All were perfect for our wedding! He is great!
    The food was so delicious at the reception! The chef from FISH OUT OF WATER designed a fantastic menu. Their pasty chef made a lovely, tasty cake. Everyone loved the food!
    We had a bonfire for the rehearsal dinner. So much fun.
    The ceremony and reception venues were decorated so beautifully.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Tiffany · Married on 04/18/2015

We got married April 18th, 2015 and it was absolutely PERFECT thanks to Joseph Lanzy and the incredible team at Watercolors. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Fish Out of Water and it was perfect! Our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had and the best wedding they had been to. Working with Joseph was amazing throughout the entire process and the day of he was on top of every detail and made it so we (bride and groom) could enjoy our day! It was an absolutely incredible weekend and it was all because of Joseph and his team! It made planning a destination wedding seamless and easy. I highly recommend this venue and Joseph to anyone getting married in the area! It is the BEST place to get married on 30A!!!!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Maria · Married on 02/08/2015

Where do I begin to talk about our wedding coordinator Ashton Burks. The Watercolor Inn & Resort should be honored to have her! We planned our wedding among 3 months. Ashton was responsive and met all our needs and more. During the process of the planning, I always complimented her for being patient with me and so accommodating. She found ways to keep us within budget and made our wedding dream come true. During the day of the wedding, she was available all day and tended to everything and anything I needed. At the time of arrival of our cocktail party, we were blown away to see how everything came together, it was perfect in every way. Ashton had a set agenda and kept us on schedule during the entire wedding reception. We don't know what we would have done if we didn't have her. We don't know how else to say that Ashton will not disappoint you and will meet your expectations and beyond. Ashton - If you read this, we can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us. We hope if you ever come to Houston, we will show you where to get the best pecan pie!!!!

Sent on 02/27/2015

Molly · Married on 02/06/2015

loved boathouse. cheryl, our wedding planner was amazing!!!!!

Sent on 02/20/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Watersound Beach Club. Everything went perfectly, and what is more wonderful is that we didn't have to worry about any of it thanks to Ashton. Actually, I guess she and her team are why everything went perfectly. Ashton managed the whole event from pre-event planning to the day of in a manner that gave us such confidence that things would run smoothly, and she was also great about navigating multiple opinions. To be able to be calm and worry-free on my wedding day was such a gift. We also got rave reviews about the food, and it was easy and fun to coordinate the food with Chef Shane. The setting is spectacular and the people made it even better.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Cheryl was absolutely AMAZING and the sweetest!! After our venue coordinator was no longer with our venue, Cheryl swooped right in and saved the day, along with Arden Sanders, our fabulous planner!! Cheryl was so knowledgable and thorough and helped us plan a food menu that would suit all, the perfect layout for our big day (especially after having to change our specific venue spot due to rain), and made sure our wedding exceeded our wildest dreams! Josh and I cannot thank you enough, Cheryl! Brides, you will be in great hands working with Cheryl - I have no doubts!! :)

Sent on 10/25/2014

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2014

Cheryl and the WaterColor team were nothing but wonderful! From our first meeting until after the wedding, they exceeded my expectations. They were very accommodating, organized and reassuring! Cheryl is so easy to work with, knew my style and helped create the wedding of my dreams. We are so thankful for her and would recommend her and WaterColor to anyone!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Eva · Married on 08/16/2014

I've orchestrated many events at Watercolor Resort. Each and every one was a success thanks to the flawless planning team, including Joseph Lanzy. I wouldn't hesitate to send more clients their way.

catherine · Married on 04/14/2014

Cheryl Walton was an incredible wedding coordinator! The flowers, ceremony, cake, rehearsal dinner, venue, food, atmosphere...everything exceeded our expectations. We definitely had our dream wedding. Thanks, Cheryl!!!

Sent on 04/18/2014