Wanda's Cake Decorating Reviews

Wanda's Cake Decorating 5
Wanda's Cake Decorating 6
Wanda's Cake Decorating 7

Kimberly · Married on 10/05/2019

So Glad We Went With Wanda!

We met Wanda at an open house at our venue. We tasted her cakes and knew immediately we wanted to hire her! For our wedding, she made us a million mini cupcakes and a small cake for cutting. Guests were all very pleased! Definitely reach out to Wanda if you’re getting married in NoVa! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Wanda's Cake Decorating's reply:

Thanks. It was my pleasure working with you! Not quite a million mini cupcakes, but 432 of various flavors. Please keep me in mind for cakes for ALL occasions. All the best! Wanda

Sara · Married on 06/14/2019

Wanda’s Cakes

Wanda was the absolute sweetest and most professional baker I came across while wedding cake shopping. Her cakes were moist and delicious and not overpowered with frosting or fondant which is exactly what I was aiming for. I highly recommend her! She’s very experienced, pleasant, accommodating and reliable - It was a pleasure working with her!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 05/18/2019

Wanda's Wonderful World of Wedding Cakes

Wanda was a consummate professional and the beautiful wedding cake she made for us was the centerpiece of our special day. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it tasted wonderful! We would not hesitate in recommending her to anyone and look forward to some day ordering another delicious cake from her.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 8
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 9

Wanda's Cake Decorating's reply:

Thank you so very much! Your cake was beautiful and you were so delightful to work with! Please share the word with friends and family as I do cakes for all occasions!

Amy · Married on 10/06/2018

I had my wedding last weekend, and I highly recommend Wanda's Cakes! She was very professional and her cake was awesome! My guests raved about it!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 08/25/2018

Wanda's Cake Decorations

Our Wedding day was 8/25/18. Wanda designed the most beautiful Wedding Cake for us and it was absolutely delicious too! The coral color was stunning! I would highly recommend Wanda's Cake Decorations❣

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 10
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding cake was simply beautiful! She worked with us on the size of the cake base because we were having trouble finding a cake stand. She is very responsive and wise. She was able to take my design ideas and bring them to life! The cake was delicious! I usually do not enjoy fondant on cakes but I did not mind it because it was soft and not overly chewy. If you have an idea that is outside of her comfort zone, she will certainly let you know it. That being said, there's not much that she can't do! I was VERY impressed when we arrived for the tasting. She had cupcakes of the different cake flavors individually wrapped along with samples of icing and filling on the plate. If we wanted to try something that was not on the plate, she simply went and got it for us. She has several books with pictures of the cakes that she has created in the past. She let us look at them at the initial tasting and at the second appointment when we finalized the cake design. She was very accommodating and patient with us. She showed us the size of the cake pans to give us an idea of how big the cake would be and told us how wide to buy the ribbon that we wanted to use. And the price for the value cannot be beaten! Ms. Wanda is amazing!!!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Maureen · Married on 06/02/2018

Wanda was wonderful to work with! The cake was beautiful and elegant. It not only looked amazing, it tasted amazingly delicious!! Overall we were thrilled with the experience!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 11

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Wanda is a gem in this industry. She was recommended by our venue (Heritage Hunt Golf Club) and was exactly what we were looking for! The cake was absolutely delicious and everyone at the wedding was praising it. All the options we tried at our tasting were great. We had even tasted a slice she had frozen prior to our appointment and we couldn't tell... and all her example cakes were beautiful, with lots of options. Considering this, she's one of the best values you will find in northern Virginia. The price was very reasonable, and she was able to work with us to get us the cake we want in our budget. Not to mention she's such a fun and welcoming person! We absolutely would choose her again if we were able to do it all over.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Sally · Married on 04/28/2018

This cake was delicious! I’m so glad I went with Wanda!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Rhonda · Married on 03/12/2018

Our wedding cake was perfect, and delicious! Highly recommended by my whole family.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

Wanda's cakes are not only delicious and beautiful, but you can't beat her price either!! I gave Wanda a complete sketch of what I wanted for my wedding cake and she nailed it! It was perfect - in look and taste!!

She runs the business out of her home, and really aims to please you. She doesn't like to nickel and dime people, she is honest about your ideas on what can/can't be done, and she is well liked and known throughout the community and with a lot of local wedding vendors. She is friendly, professional, and I really enjoyed working with her.

My family and I would recommend her to ANYONE for any type of cake, as we've used her for many years and every cake has come out top notch!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Kara · Married on 11/04/2017

Holy moly, Wanda is just THE BEST!!! From the very first steps of contracting and the tasting, Wanda was so patient with all of our questions and kind! Everything is operated out of her home, and it feels like a very personal experience! The cake was out of this world, and more beautiful than we ever could have imagined!!! Wanda, we cannot thank you enough for everything you did for our big day! If you're looking for a cake for any occasion, this is your gal!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Heather · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so impressed with Wanda's cakes. She was very flexible, meeting with us when we were in town from Ohio and trying to plan our wedding. She worked with us to get the look we were going for. The cake was beautiful and even more delicious. We were eating cake for almost 2 weeks after the wedding and it still tasted great! We cannot wait to pull out the topper in a year and have more! :) Thank you again Wanda!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 12

Rosemary · Married on 10/20/2017

It couldn't have been easier to order the cake for our daughter's wedding. We met Wanda, chose the cake, had a tasting and enjoyed a beautiful, delicious cake last weekend for the wedding!!
    October, 2017

Sent on 10/26/2017

Julisa · Married on 10/15/2017

Wanda is amazing! Her cakes are delicious and beautiful. She was such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/08/2017

I found Wanda through the preferred vendors at my venue. She was responsive and great to work with. She cares about her customers and really works to fit your budget and schedule. The cake turned out perfect and tasted so good. Thank you Wanda for helping make my day so special.

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Wanda's Cake Decorating 13
  • mataDC

Lindsy · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Wanda. Besides just being a genuinely nice person, Wanda is very easy to work with and knows how to make cakes that are both tasty and works of art. She responds to emails promptly and is not afraid to give her opinion when her client is equivocating on decisions. Wanda was also flexible in customizing a cake flavor for us--spiced rum. I was not disappointed that some guests left before the cake cutting because the leftovers were delicious! Even a week after the wedding, the leftover Kahlua/chocolate chip cake w/raspberry filling was still moist and flavorful! I typically think that fruit fillings are disgusting, but her pineapple and raspberry fillings completely won me over.

I got so many compliments about our cake, which was executed exactly as I envisioned. Several people commented that Wanda's was the only fondant they've ever liked. A relative that is also a professional cake decorator praised both the taste and the decorating. Last but not least, Wanda's pricing is an incredible value in such an expensive area. It was nice that she didn't charge extra for fondant (as most local bakers do) and her delivery fee was also reasonable. We look forward to going back to Wanda for an anniversary cake!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Lendy · Married on 09/02/2017

Wanda made our wedding cake for September 2,2017 and it came out gorgeous! We received so many compliments on our cake. She made the cake exactly like we wanted. She delivered the cake, and ordered a cake stand for us that she did not have. She is amazing and highly recommend her for cake services!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2017

I met Wanda at an Open House at Chantilly National Golf Course and after that I knew I had to get a cake from her. She is such a doll and great to work with. I gave her a picture and vision as to what I wanted and she deliverers exactly the cake I wanted. Not only are her cakes beautiful but reasonably priced and delicious. Many people at our wedding complimented how delicious and beautiful the cake was. Highly recommend her for your event, especially wedding. Thanks for making our day special and beautiful!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2017

Wanda is such a wonderful woman and made our beautiful wedding cake. She was very open to hearing what ideas we had for doing a naked cake and was very helpful with ideas on how to decorate. Our cake was beautiful and was delicious. I hope we have an opportunity to have Wanda make us another cake in the future!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Mae · Married on 06/24/2017

Best cake I have ever had! I met Wanda at the wedding expo back in September and I fell in love! Such a sweet lady! Went in for cake tasting and she was able to do gluten free for my Mother and Mother in law! Sugar free for my Dad! 150 cupcakes for our guests and not to mention the amazing cake we had for us and our wedding party! We wanted Oreo cake but it wasn't listed so without hesitation she said she can do it!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Sam · Married on 05/20/2017

I brought in a picture of what I wanted for my wedding cake and Wanda absolutely nailed it! Wanda was a pleasure to work with. The cake not only looked beautiful, but tasted so good. Wanda was reasonably priced and a joy to work with and talk with. I will definitely use Wanda again in the future!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

What a spitfire; this woman knows cakes. We made a last minute decision to get a formal wedding cake, and we were recommended to Wanda. We tasted her cakes, and didn’t go anywhere else after that. She had a pile of photo albums from her decades in the business to help give you ideas of what you might want, but was flexible on design. Good prices, great cake (the carrot cake was out of this world!!!). We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a baker!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Kelsey · Married on 04/29/2017

Wanda is great! She is so fun, and man does she have some cakes under her belt. I never looked at more than one of her books before I figured out exactly what I wanted, and sure enough it showed up exactly the way I wanted as well. Also, the cake was delicious, and while I did not get to eat more than one bite at the wedding, I am definitely looking forward to the anniversary cake.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Shannon · Married on 04/08/2017

Wanda not only listens and does a beautiful job decorating the cake, the cakes are very delicious. We were able to have multiple types of cakes and fillings. We ordered more than we needed and there was not any left as everyone took more than one piece. She is also very reasonably priced.

Sent on 03/05/2018