Wake Robin Inn Reviews

10 | Lakeville, CT

10 Reviews for Wake Robin Inn

Linda · Married on 06/02/2018

This past weekend we hosted a wedding for our daughter and her fiance, who live in Boston. We live locally and she said she could not think of anywhere she would rather have her wedding than at the Wake Robin Inn. It was the perfect weekend. From the beginning planning stages Shaffin worked closely with us to make every detail perfect. He recommended vendors who were spot on, like Classical Tents in Pittsfield, MA, and Rita Welch Catering in Sheffield, MA. He made suggestions for rooms, based on each family's needs, and continued to work closely with the Bride and Groom to make sure no detail, no matter how small, was addressed.

Unlike other weddings we have attended, we had total control of the weekend. We were the only guests at the Inn which made it easy to spread out while allowing the children to wander the grounds and play without worry. Also, unlike other venues, there is no template for how your event happens. You can create the wedding you want without worrying that time is up or that you have to move things along for the next group, since there is no "next group" following later that day. We felt like family the whole time we were there.

On Friday, after the rehearsal dinner we all gathered at the Inn for desert and drinks. People wandered around, getting acquainted, and had a fun evening. After the wedding on Saturday we ended the day on the back deck, enjoying drinks and a bonfire. There are plenty of comfortable seats tucked everywhere where you can gather and visit with family and friends, from the large front porch to the back deck, seating is plentiful and comfortable. Breakfast, which was plentiful, was in a lovely room off the parlor and you could eat there or take your food to be enjoyed on the back deck if you chose.

The Wake Robin is a charming, well kept, building, built in 1899. The rooms are all lovely and each is decorated a bit differently. It's not your usual Inn, it's better. Everything was so perfect we were sorry to leave.

Megan · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at the Wake Robin Inn in July of 2015. Having already been to 20+ weddings in CT and MA between my husband and myself in our 7 years together, we wanted something unique that fit our style. The Wake Robin Inn was perfect! I first called Shaffin, the owner, on a Saturday afternoon in January to ask about wedding dates for that upcoming summer, and he graciously offered to let me come out to tour the Inn that following Monday. Shaffin emailed me that morning to tell me to drive safely, since there had been a coating of snow the night before. That is one of the many generous and thoughtful things Shaffin did for us throughout our entire wedding planning process. He was there every step of the way to offer suggestions or advice, and I can easily say that my wedding went as wonderfully as it did because of Shaffin and all of the professional vendors he referred me to. The Wake Robin felt so warm and welcoming, and my guests echoed these same sentiments. The rooms each have their own style, and the bottom floor parlor rooms and decks are perfect for creating a relaxing and laid-back environment. Shaffin's staff are all equally as professional, thoughtful, and truly went above and beyond. Please do yourself a favor and go experience the Wake Robin Inn for yourself! My expectations were not only met, but were far surpassed, and I highly recommend the Wake Robin to anyone looking for a one of a kind experience!

Sierra · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Wake Robin Inn. The Inn is a stately, turn of the century building located in the beautiful Connecticut countryside. Our families filled up the rooms and everyone was incredibly happy. The staff goes above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and content. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, boasting a perfect blend of modern taste with classic quality. All of our guests said how impressed they were with the service-- when my little cousin forgot her Frozen dolls, the manager shipped them to her mother's house at no expense! And, the majority of my husband's family is from Portugal and the owners hung a Portuguese flag up for them. It was the million little things that the Wake Robin did that made our wedding so special. The Wake Robin is the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed at and it has an incredibly warm and unique atmosphere. My husband and I wanted a wedding that was all about family and friends, and that is exactly what we were given, and we couldn't be any happier!

N. · Married on 06/21/2014

1. COMMUNICATION: Shaffin was very generous with his time during all phases of planning, from site visits & guests’ bookings, through our wedding weekend. He responded promptly to our emails. He updated us frequently & consistently as the inn filled up with bookings & handled various individuals’ needs with care & attentiveness. While planning a wedding, many issues arise – the WRI staff was very accommodating to our specific needs & communicating with the Inn staff was always easy & stress free.
    2. SERVICE: The WRI staff skillfully met all of our needs throughout the weekend. The atmosphere at the inn was warm & inviting. Our guests felt very well taken care of. Someone was always around to meet our needs, but at the same time, we were comfortable enough in the space that we felt like the true hosts of our own event – the inn felt like a ‘home away from home.’ While our ceremony was off site, we hosted various wedding-related events at the inn & were thrilled by the service throughout. We were delighted with the abundant & delicious breakfast spread each morning. Our guests were particularly impressed by the official post-wedding brunch on Sunday, which we held on WRI’s beautiful back patio.
    3. ACCOMMODATIONS: The rooms at WRI more than met our guests’ needs. And, our honeymoon suite felt truly luxurious! Additionally, the common areas – from the downstairs lounge, to the wrap-around porches, to the patio & backyard campfire area – provided lovely spaces for our guests to comfortably gather & spend time together. In the end, the common spaces at WRI played a key role in creating the communal & intimate ‘feel’ of our wedding.
    4. COST: WRI is an incredibly well priced group accommodation, especially considering how pleased we were by the service before & during our wedding weekend. With no unforeseen costs & much opportunity for creating an individualized experience, we would HIGHLY recommend Wake Robin to anyone considering hosting an event in the area.

Rebecca · Married on 09/07/2013

The Wake Robin Inn is a wonderful place to have a wedding. We were married there over a year ago, and we are still told by the guests about how wonderful the experience was. Many of those comments are centered around the venue. Shaffin is a pleasure and the location is like a getaway for those that stay on premises. Shaffin was integral to making our event unique, enjoyable and unforgettable. We wouldn't change a thing.

Karen · Married on 06/22/2013

I highly recommend using the Wake Robin Inn as your wedding venue or your "home base" for any wedding in the Salisbury/Lakeville area. Shaffin was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. He is professional, knowledgeable and a delight to work with. We loved having all of our guests stay at the Wake Robin so we could create more of a "wedding weekend" than just a day. It was truly wonderful to be surrounded by all our family and friends in one place. Our guests are still talking about how much they loved the Inn and how perfect the location was. If you are looking to get married in the area, host an event, or just enjoy a weekend in beautiful CT, I would give the Wake Robin my highest of recommendations. Shaffin and his team truly went above and beyond to make us and all of our guests feel at home during our stay.

Virginia · Married on 09/15/2012

Three weddings at the same place, and I even hesitate going back to the same restaurant twice! Our children were married in 2010, 2012 and 2017 and each chose the Wake Robin Inn for their wedding celebration. The first one was fantastic, so why look for another place. This speaks volumes! All three weddings were beautiful and just so much fun. The Wake Robin Inn is exclusively yours for the wedding weekend. All your guests fill the Inn and the Wake Robin becomes an extension of your home along with all the comforts of home. Our rehearsal dinners were there on the back patio with the reception the following day under a tent on the front lawn surrounded by the Inn's gardens and stately trees. Best weddings ever!
    Ginny

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

We knew we were in capable hands with Shaffin as soon as we showed up to look at Wake Robin. He took time out from his busy schedule to really listen to our story and wedding dreams. His extensive knowledge of weddings was incredibly helpful throughout the process. He was happy to answer questions promptly, no matter how trivial, even when he was time zones away. Because of Wake Robin, we were able to truly make the wedding ours. The Wake Robin staff put up our college flags out front and let us decorate the main areas of the inn with our baby pictures and photos of family members' weddings. They went out of their way to make sure our wedding went smoothly. We loved staying at the inn with so many of our friends and family members, and the fact that we could have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and Sunday brunch at the same location made it so much easier on us and our guests. Do yourself a favor and check this place out!

My partner and I planned a wedding in the area for this summer, and we were looking for a local inn that was large enough to house both our families (large italian ones at that). We settled on the Wake Robin because they seemed genuinely eager and excited to host us (as opposed to some others in the area), and I can honsetly say that it was the best choice we made. It made our lives so much easier. In the months leading up to the wedding, there was a lot of back-and-forth about which guest to put in which room, but the staff at the Wake Robin was so responsive and helpful. Shaffin, in particular, answered every email of mine within the hour -- a HUGE help for anyone who is stressed trying to coordinate all the other moving parts for a wedding event. We had so much family coming from abroad, and they helped us add a few personalized decorations to each room (which were shipped to the hotel in advance and stored there, at no charge). They also catered the farewell breakfast the next day -- and at least a few people mentioned how delicious the frittata was. I really can't thank them enough. the weekend was beautiful. i wish them all the best. p.s. also the rooms, about 40 in total, are super cute!!