W Fort Lauderdale Reviews

10 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

10 Reviews for W Fort Lauderdale

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

I am SOOO happy with everything about my wedding at the W. First off, the guests were sooo excited to be at the hotel for the weekend. The pool, the bars, the restaurants, all made it well worth a weekend stay there for them. The Great room was the perfect room for my wedding - not to mention how beautiful it is. The chef there is the best in the business. All my guests said everything was DELISH!

I worked with Arlene as my wedding contact there, and I cannot say enough how amazing she was. She was available to me at any point in time from day 1 until the day of. She made sure I was happy and that everything I requested was done. My Mom and I loved her personality! She always welcomed us with a big hug and a smile on her face. She is so talented in her job that it made wedding planning so easy! I am sad the day is over because I enjoyed being in touch with her every step of the way!

The staff at the W was also spectacular. Dahana at the front desk was my welcome agent, and she was such a sweetheart. She went out of her way to make sure my (now) husband and I were taken care of to the fullest. Anything I asked of from the hotel or needed, was done for me. They really strive in making sure their guests are taken care of. Def have your wedding at the W FTL!!!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Marilyn · Married on 03/11/2017

My Wedding was absolutely magical. I had the best help from Patricia to make all my dreams come true for my Wedding day. I had the best vendors and Couture Bridal Photography was absolutely amazing with the best Wedding Photography in Florida.
    I almost wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cecilia · Married on 12/06/2016

The staff is so great and very accommodating!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alyson · Married on 11/28/2015

Having my wedding at the W was the best decision we could have made! The venue was amazing, the service was stellar, and our wedding weekend turned out to be the best weekend of our lives! The hotel and its staff were so accommodating and professional all the way down to the tiniest details. We loved the venue and its vibe and couldn't have imagined it turning out any better than it did. The food was delicious and the whole event ran so smoothly. All of our out of town guests loved spending the weekend at the W.

When searching for a venue, we didn't take into consideration that the hotel's wedding coordinator would play such an important role in the success of our wedding/reception. I cannot express how great Lauro Ortino is! She is so hard working, professional and reliable and really made our weekend so perfect! She went above and beyond and our wedding day was stress free because of her. During the planning process, we trusted Laura's judgement all the way and we felt so confident in her the whole time. On top of it all, she was so pleasant to be around!

Our wedding at the W was incredible!!!

Sent on 01/09/2016
  • User3019469 · 2+ years ago

I was looking for the perfect wedding venue but really wanted it to be on Fort Lauderdale Beach. From the moment I drove up to the W I had a good feeling. The hotel is decorated in a modern, beach them that never seems to stop impressing. The modern, yet romantic vibe allows the beach theme to be evident but not over done.

The entire staff of the W is amazing! From unloading the car, making sure everything got to where it needed to be, they were extremely helpful and friendly. The Room Staff even got my Wedding Night room together with rose petals, and chocolates (which you or your MOH supply)!

The catering staff was always helpful and would get back to me with any questions I had very quickly. I had a pretty large wedding and everyone really, really enjoyed the food which was divine. The catering and kitchen staff really know what they are doing. We had 5 kosher meals outsourced and my family said it was the best meal they have had that has had to be outsourced from a kosher caterer.

If you go with a cake I highly suggest using We Take The Cake. Although they have more well known bakeries on their preferred vendor list, I got many compliments that this was the best cake they had ever tasted. I can also attest to it being a very delicious cake ( chocolate/vanilla cake with cheesecake frosting and a vanilla butter creme. The design was also exactly what I wanted as well.

The W is truly the best hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach! I highly recommend! Worth a visit and a trip to their restaurant Steak954!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Jillian · Married on 04/17/2010

We looked at about 6 other venues before looking at the W, but I had a feeling when we went to visit that it would be the place for us, and it was!
    Not only is the W Fort Lauderdale gorgeous, it had the feel we were going for...modern yet beachy, contemporary yet elegant, fancy yet comfortable.
    The staff at the W is beyond 5 star, they gave us A+ service from the day we signed our contract until we left the morning after our wedding.
    Our wedding went so smoothly, the food was amazing, the place looked gorgeous and all our guests had the time of their lives. It was truly the greatest night that I will never forget thanks to the W.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Kim · Married on 10/17/2009

I had my wedding reception at the W Fort Lauderdale 5 years ago this October. I felt the need to provide this review all these years later because the quality of food and service that I received at the W has been unmatched.

I had the pleasure of being one of the very first weddings ever at the W and from my very first hard hat tour of the property (they weren't done building yet at the time of my contract) I knew my wedding would be fabulous. Melissa Moxley, the coordinator at the time was always flexible with changes of rooms, menu selection, special stemware for decanted wine and alcohol specifics within the package. As part of our package we choose We Take the Cake for our wedding cake and I can tell you that I still have not tasted a better cake to this day (golden yellow cake, cheesecake filling with fresh strawberries, all organic all delicious).
    On the day of our wedding the room was perfection, the execution of the food for both the cocktail hour, dinner and cake service were flawless. Our wedding suite was spacious and gorgeous, the perfect backdrop for our wedding photos. I would recommend that anyone who wants a beach front wedding venue without the hastle of South Beach seriously consider the W Fort Lauderdale.

Sent on 04/10/2014

Denise Arabatzis · Married on 05/12/2019

Beautiful venue!

Beautiful venue!! Loved the Bungalow room with the balcony. The guests loved our intimate brunch reception. Food was good.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/13/2011

We loved our May 13th wedding at the W Hotel Ft. Lauderdale. The event was absolutely perfect and all of our guests called it the best wedding ever. We truly picked the perfect setting and everything at the W was fantastic. We had our wedding on the terrace overlooking the water, the cocktail hour on the deck out back and our reception in-doors in the ballroom. It was gorgeous and the ballroom was totally transformed to look stunning (although the ballroom itself is great). Even the food was delicious, which not many hotels can say.

The only hiccup was with room reservations for our guests, but our wedding planner worked that out for us. Other than that, we couldn't have asked for anything more and really enjoyed working with Allison and staff. Brides, get the big suite on the 23rd floor as your bridal suite! Its the best!

Sit back and let the W plan your wedding, you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Brooke · Married on 07/24/2010

The W was the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. We had a bit of trouble with them at the beginning of the process because they were in between Wedding Coordinators at the time, but once they got it together, everything was perfect. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny! They really will go the extra mile for you on your day.

Sent on 06/01/2011