W AUSTIN Reviews

W AUSTIN View more information

Claire Married on 11/03/2018

Everything was Fantastic

I would get married at the W over and over and over again. Our coordinator at the W, Molly, was the best. She was very accommodating and incredibly easy to work with. All the staff on the day of the wedding were great. They had a specific person in charge of making sure me and my husband had everything we needed throughout the day. My vision for the wedding was easily achievable at the W. My guests could not stop raving about the food and the cake. We chose the 'stations' food option and it was all DELICIOUS. I would not have changed a thing!
    Stacy Married on 07/23/2016
    There are several beautiful hotels in the Austin area, but nothing quite compares to the W Austin. The decor is new, edgy and modern, yet elegant. After our first visit to the W, we were sold. Not only was the hotel gorgeous, but the staff was unlike any other. They were extremely friendly, attentive and willing to work with us through everything! James, Stephani and Laura did an absolutely amazing job to ensure our wedding day was perfect! I would highly recommend the W Austin Hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue in the Austin area!
    Ashleigh Married on 07/05/2014
    LOVED having our wedding at the W Austin!!! The service, food, drinks, everything was just perfect. Kristin the event manager was so accommodating to us and our ever changing needs as well.

I would highly recommend having your wedding here!!
    Chandy Married on 01/18/2014
    I just had my dream wedding at the W in Austin. Every detail was perfect, the food (and there was A LOT) was delicious, the cakes were amazing, and our overall experience was beyond what I could have ever dreamed. The hotel and it's ballrooms are hip, sleek and young - perfect for an Austin wedding.
    All of our guests are still raving about the gorgeous venue, the seamlessness of the night, and the wonderful time they had staying as guests at the W during our wedding weekend. Jen was attentive, detail-oriented, creative, and wonderful to work with. The entire staff was amazing from start to finish. I wish I could get married every weekend at the W - I'm so honored to be a W bride!
    Esther Married on 12/03/2011
    The W Hotel made my dream wedding come true. From the food tasting prior to the wedding to the Sunday brunch the morning after, nothing was amiss. Jen was responsive and helpful, the ballroom was gorgeous to work with and attention to detail was amazing. I am so thankful for the W and all the guests were so impressed as well.
    Kristen Married on 09/07/2018
    My husband and I got married here on September 7, 2018 and it was everything we wanted and more!

From the very first meeting I had at The W Hotel with Stephanie Warfield I was impressed. The service she provided was outstanding, and the rest of the hotel staff matched that as well. Shortly after we booked with them I was put in contact with Stephanie Albright, who took care of all the details and met with me several times to go over things. She is an absolute sweetheart and always made me feel welcome, even though I may have sometimes been a little crazy or demanding!

The entire staff that assisted us was also incredibly helpful, friendly, and accommodating. We were back and forth between an indoor or outdoor ceremony because the rain was playing games with us all afternoon. 30 minutes before the ceremony I had to call it inside, and 3 minutes later made the call to do it outside because the rain finally let up! I know this was frustrating for the staff, but they never once made me feel guilty about it. It was a super difficult call to make, and it really should have been made earlier in advance, but I think they all knew how up in the air it was, since it really was a close call with the rain! I want to send a huge thank you to everyone involved in that, because you really really made my day. Thinking about it literally brings tears to my eyes, because it was so so so important to me for my ceremony to be outside. Thank you for all your hard work.

Shoutout to the front desk for handing out my welcome envelopes to guests who checked in. Matt for assisting us the next morning when we were breaking down the flower wall we built. All the guys who helped us set up the Go Pro and assisted with moving the flower wall - y’all are saints! The bell boys for helping me get my dress down to the bridal suite, and also taking my stuff to my car the next morning! All the bartenders, servers, and banquet managers, thank you! And of course, Stephanie - you are the bomb.
    Kylee Married on 04/07/2012
    Great place to get married. The W really takes care of you. Remember to bargain and make very clear what you want. We were very happy with our wedding here and it makes for a great backdrop for your photos.
  • User1111672 2+ years ago
    We were very underwhelmed by the quality of service provided to us by the W Hotel. We loved the location, look, and professional attention we received during the first few months after we signed our contract. However, several months later, our original coordinator was promoted, and the person to whom we were assigned was very unprofessional, mistake-prone and unresponsive. When we raised these issues with our new coordinator's superior, we received improved attention. However, our new coordinator's superior failed to check back in and the original problems resurfaced.

The last two weeks before the wedding were incredibly stressful, with many details still unresolved, including ones which we had previously discussed and thought addressed.

This being said, the people who took care of setting up the reception and ceremony space, preparing the food, and attending to our guests were excellent. Our guests who stayed at the hotel were equally impressed with the treatment they received.

The excellent service we had previously experienced while staying with the W was present everywhere but among the staff who helped us coordinate the wedding. We will continue to consider staying at the W Hotel but would strongly advise against hosting an event at the W Hotel in Austin.

W AUSTIN's reply:

Hello, and thank you for your review of your wedding at the W Austin. We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your experience planning a wedding here. We realize that our personnel change negatively affected your wedding planning experience, and I’d like to extend my sincerest apologies for the frustration you experienced. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further, so that I can ensure that the situation has been directly addressed with my team. I can be reached at drew.mcquade@whotels.com or 512-542-3633. Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,