Vizcaya Sacramento Reviews

68 Reviews for Vizcaya Sacramento

• Shawna

Shawna · Married on 08/30/2019

Schuster Wedding

Amazing venue and staff! Everyone is very friendly. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. The staff made the whole process very stress-free and easy. Love this place!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2019

Puts your mind at ease-they are pros

The main thing that drew me to Vizcaya was the on-site coordinator and the experience that they offer. Your coordinator at Vizcaya does more than typical venues. Most venues we visited would set up the tables/chairs the way you wanted them, but that was it. They also said they would not be responsible for timeline or keeping other vendors on schedule. At Vizcaya, they take care of setting up your decor, coordinating your other vendors to make sure they are on schedule and keep you on the timeline during the day. Not to mention, in the months leading up to your wedding they meet with you to go over every single detail of your big day so you all know exactly how it should go. On top of that the venue is gorgeous, well located and the food and service is really good. Oh, and you can supply your own alcohol with no corkage fees!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Katie · Married on 05/19/2019

Best day ever at vizcaya!

Our wedding coordinator was Rachel and she was amazing! She took care of everything and I never had an ounce of stress throughout the whole wedding planning process and day of! We got married in May of this year on the weekend of the freak rain storm and she had every option for us available and made the day even more perfect than we ever dreamed of!! We chose Vizcaya because of all they had to offer/included and the amazing venue/beautiful grounds and they truly did help us have the most perfect Sunday Funday Brunch wedding!! All of our family and friends said it was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. Wish we could do it again! Thank you Vizcaya and Rachel.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget MacDonald · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful property! Staff has details covered

Vizcaya is a wonderful place to get married - gorgeous property and above all else, the convenience and peace of mind of having all the expertise and resources to make a day run smoothly. You can actually relax and enjoy your day, knowing your guests are taken care of and your coordinator is keeping tabs on everything behind the scenes. Sounds minor but on the actual day-of and days leading up, it is invaluable. We were planning from afar (in San Diego) and our coordinator, Ali Boule, communicated very clearly and made the planning process simple yet tailored exactly to what we wanted from the day. I can't underscore enough how much benefit there is to having an assigned coordinator and a venue that can adapt to anything. Beautiful sunny day? Guests can enjoy the outdoor garden and courtyard. Sudden thunder storm? Everyone can go inside to the beautiful indoor reception hall. Forgot a sign or picture frame? They have a couple options to use. Another great aspect is all the things included: getting ready areas for bride and groom, bar tenders, wait staff, chairs, tables, linens, flatware...no fuss in coordinating a thousand vendors. Not to mention, being a B&B you and whoever you want can crash there at the end fo the night - another underrated perk that makes a huge difference. And they cover of all the takedown and cleanup - amazing!!

All in all, I highly recommend Vizcaya. The people has tons of experience and resources to lay the foundation for an awesome day with all important details accounted for. Beyond that, you can add or subtract whatever you want to make the day your own.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Jenna Jacobsen · Married on 04/20/2019

The Perfect Sacramento Venue

Vizcaya was the perfect venue. It is centrally located, beautiful, and has truly excellent customer service. The day of coordinator made our wedding day go by smoother than I ever thought possible.

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Lorine

Lorine Cheung · Married on 10/01/2018

Fantastic All-in-One Venue

We just had our Fall wedding at Vizcaya and everything went beautifully! It was so easy and convenient to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner reception all at one location and the guests all loved how beautiful the venue was. We planned our wedding in 8 months and worked with Rachel, the onsite coordinator who kept in constant communication with us. She made everything really easy and kept us organized throughout the whole process. We also used two of Vizcaya's vendors; Function 45 (DJ and photo booth) and Amour Florists, and we were very happy with them. One of our favorite features was the ability to host an Open Bar with alcohol that we bought ourselves (Costco) so it was cost effective but still fully serviced with a fantastic bartender. A great experience overall and we highly recommend.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Nika · Married on 06/02/2018

I worked with Rachel -- she was a dream! She handled everything and wrangled my vendors when they went MIA. I highly recommend Vizcaya. I planned the wedding from DC, and they made everything a breeze.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Juan · Married on 06/01/2018

When approaching Vizcaya, my husband and I were not sure how we were going to feel about it. After touring over 17 venue spaces for our Wedding on June 1st. That of course all changed the second we entered the mansion and met Lauren Bergenholtz.

Vizcaya was the best decision we could have made besides deciding to spend our lives together. The mansion is a mix of urban delight and old style European ambiance. The stained glass ceiling details and floor to ceiling arched windows in the ball room were truly breathtaking, it made it easy for me to design the perfect wedding for my husband and I.

Besides how beautiful it was- the best thing we got out of Booking with Vizcaya was Lauren Bergenholtz. The first day we met, we fell in love with her.

Not only did we gain an amazingly dedicated and hardworking Wedding Coordinator, but we established a new friend. Lauren made our lives so much easier. She kept us on track, was very accommodating, responded to anything we needed right away and of course was so much fun and freakin hilarious!

She's truly living her best life and all that positivity is much needed when planning a special day like this. The dinning crew was on point, they were all properly mannered and ready to get the job done- not too mention, the food was delicious. I had so many guests after the wedding tell me that the best Steak they have ever had was at our wedding. It's definitely not your usual basic "hotel menu" or "wedding food."

Lauren also gave us plenty of options to choose from that fit within our budget- florists, DJ's, photographers... you name it, she knew where to go! Everything was coordinated with our interest and budget in mind- any way Lauren could help she did.

The venue also had experience working with same sex couples, which was a huge plus! They made us feel welcome and really celebrated the love we shared for each other. Everything was exactly how I envisioned.

Juan & Josh Novello (6.1.2018 #novellowedding)

Sent on 07/05/2018

Sharae · Married on 04/14/2018

Vizcaya Wedding 9/7/19

If I could, I would rate Vizcaya 6 out of 5 stars! Vizcaya was worth every penny! The coordinator was amazing. She did the timeline and dealt with all vendors and their drop off and pick up times. They have rooms available to stay on your wedding night for convenience. They allow you to bring your own alcohol and they do provide the bartender. It's a no brainer to choose Vizcaya. We had Rachel as our coordinator. She made sure everything was set up and then packed away. Great Value!! I LOVE the pillars and the fountain. They also DO allow sparklers.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • thyken

Maggie · Married on 12/31/2017

I'll be the first to admit--when we booked an appointment to see Vizcaya, I was prepared to hate it. I didn't want a cookie-cutter kind of wedding just like everyone else's. After meeting Lauren, seeing the value Vizcaya had to offer and the venue itself, I was in love.
    First of all--Lauren--my savior. She was knowledgeable and knew the venue forward and back and helped us bring the vision of our wedding to life. Not to mention, she has great taste--I had nothing to do with the arrangements of our table centerpieces--all her--and they looked a-freaking-mazing. It was so easy to put details into her hands.
    The East Patio, where we had our ceremony, was reminiscent of the Friends episode where Ross married Rachel--I mean Emily. It was freaking gorgeous--ivy and twinkle lights galore. I was smitten. We brought it to life with candles and when you add everyone you love standing, staring as you take that turn, it is magic.
    During cocktail hour, my husband and I were taking photos and the team brought us cocktails and appetizers where we were during that time so we didn't miss the food!
    Dinner was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't have dreamed of a better setup. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the food was of course amazing. I highly recommend the veggie lasagna! They were accommodating with a gluten free meal too!
    The reception was incredibly fun--we had tray passed champagne for midnight and shots for the shot song. The team was so courteous and helpful throughout the entire night.
    Cookie-cutter or not, they have weddings down and ours was the best party EVER! Trust them because they know what they are doing!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Jordan · Married on 12/16/2017

Our wedding was 12.16.17. Vizcaya’s staff and venue is the perfect place to host your wedding or event. I couldn’t have asked for a better, more special day. Our guests had the best time from the moment they showed up to the moment they left. The food is amazing. We recommend the ceviche, chicken empanadas and mac n cheese balls for hors d’oeuvres, all of which were delicious might I add. We chose to sub Tri-Tip for the Prime rib and received many compliments on all the food that was served.

We started the wedding process with Lauren as our coordinator and later in the process also adjoined with Rachel. They were both quite helpful and kept me sane through the planning process. Both are very good communicators and have all their ducks in a row.

The day of Rachel was our coordinator and did such an amazing job. From the first time we met she was so welcoming and really made us feel like our wedding was important. With out her help our wedding wouldn’t have turned out as great as it did. She’s very organized, patient and full of great ideas. She brought our wedding vision to life and we could never thank her enough!

If you’re looking for a place to get married do not hesitate on choosing Vizcaya, you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Vizcaya for making the Romero wedding wonderful!!

Xoxo, Jordan and Daniel Romero

Sent on 12/17/2017

Jesse · Married on 11/11/2017

We cannot recommend the Vizcaya enough! Everything: the bed and breakfast, the ceremony space. the cocktail space, the reception space, THE STAFF (especially our coordinator, Lauren), even their recommended vendors, was amazing!!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Patty · Married on 10/29/2017

Kelsey was a fantastic coordinator and the staff at Vizcaya did an amazingly beautiful job for our wedding. We are pleased as punch with how everything turned out for our special day.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Nai · Married on 08/20/2017

My husband and I got married here on August 20th. I just have to say that this place is amazing! The staff was so attentive to our guests and we received so many compliments from our guests about the venue and the food. Special thanks to Lauren Bergenholtz, our day of wedding coordinator. She was AMAZING!!!!! Because of her, everything went so smoothly. We planned our wedding from Los Angeles so everything was coordinated via email and Lauren was very responsive. We did not have any hiccups during the wedding. If you are looking for a wedding venue in Sacramento, this is the place to have it! Thank you Vizcaya!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/11/2017

I had a fantastic experience with Vizcaya. They made our Wedding run so smoothly. I love that they take care of everything on the wedding day. I had the most relaxing & fun day and evening. I recommend a weekday wedding. We did a Thursday night & it was perfect. Not only was there a discount on the minimum, but we had the whole venie to ourselves all day. The good was fantastic, as they were able to accommodate my Vegan requests. Thank you Briana, Rheanna, and Lauren!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Lia · Married on 04/15/2017

Let me start by saying that our experience with Vizcaya was amazing. From when we first met with the sales manager in February 2016 to when we got married the in April 2017, the process went smoothly. I’ve known for a long time that I wanted to get married at Vizcaya because it was just such a beautiful place. But I’ve found out it was a great place to get married for so many other reasons.
    It is affordable considering the average price of a wedding in Sacramento these days. I think last time I checked it was 36,000 dollars (yikes!). That being said it isn’t cheap but weddings aren’t cheap. Even though it was affordable (which some people take to mean cheap), we got first class treatment.
    Our wedding planner Lauren was fantastic. She clicked with my fiancé (now husband) and I right away. We knew at the first meeting she was a good fit. The awesome thing about Vizcaya is that they include a wedding planner with your package. Something that I knew I wanted from the get go because I’ve never planned a wedding or big event like this in my life! We met with Lauren very regularly to go over timelines. She was very prompt in answering my emails. She was very supportive and accommodating of some our weirder requests (we had a unity sandwich ceremony). She even had pieces of wedding cake awaiting us in our suite after the reception. It helped so much after barely eating anything the whole day.
    The day of the wedding went so smooth, that if something did go wrong I knew nothing about it. It turned out to be a beautiful and fun wedding. A lot of our guests were saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to! We owe it all to Lauren and Vizcaya. I can say enough about what a great venue this is.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/06/2016

I LOVE VIZCAYA! My now husband and I were having the hardest time agreeing and deciding on which venue to book for our wedding. From the moment we parked and laid our eyes on Vizcaya in person we knew this was where we would get married. After we booked, we were assigned Briana as our coordinator. There is no one more understanding, collaborative, flexible, or amazing as Briana! Seriously, she was sent from the heavens above to make sure we had a wonderful wedding day. From day one she was in constant contact with us and made sure we were always on schedule. During our rehearsal I was on the verge of a mental breakdown and Briana was the one that got me through it and assured that everything would be perfect. She was right! She and her team executed my wedding day vision perfectly. She went above and beyond my expectations in every aspect!

My guests loved Vizcaya also. The venue is beyond beautiful, the food was amazing (we splurged on the Diamond menu and had the Filet Mignon, Salmon with sun dried tomato butter, Deviled Chicken, and Vegetable Lasagna), the bartender poured amazing drinks, and for your hor d'ouerves do yourself a favor and select the risotto cake with bacon - YUM!!!!

Vizcaya made our wedding a dream come true! If I had to do my wedding all over again, I would 1000% choose Vizcaya!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Great venue and really responsive service. Catelin is amazing.

Sent on 01/28/2016
  • Rob & Linda

Rob & Linda · Married on 08/04/2016

We just had our Wedding at Vizcaya on 8/4/16.

Out Coordinator at Vizcaya was Brianna and she was the greatest.  She worked with us through out the process of our wedding and our wedding was no less than perfect.

The entire staff at Vizcaya is the best too, very friendly, always there to help and/or answer questions.

We had the perfect wedding there.

Thank you everyone!

Rob & Linda Lerman

Sent on 02/19/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2016

Loved this venue!! My wedding planner Brianna was the best. She was very quick to respond to any questions I had during the wedding planning process. Would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Jibraun · Married on 02/28/2016

This place is consistently listed Best Venue in Sacramento for good reason! Had a wonderful time there, the process of booking and planning was so easy thanks to the awesome staff at Vizcaya. My wife and I looked at many of the "best venues" in the state and we agree that Vizcaya Pavillion and Mansion is arguably the best in California. We LOVE this place.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Cheryl · Married on 08/20/2015

The wedding hasn't happened yet but Cara has been awesome every step of the way in our planning process so far. In so excited for our day!

Sent on 08/24/2014

The moment I walked into Vizcaya I knew it was everything I ever wanted & more.
    Stacey Kitchell was my wedding coordinator, I don't even know where to begin with everything. My experience with Stacey and the venue was more than anything I have dreamed of, our wedding day would not have turned out so beautifully if it wasn't for her and the wonderful staff. Our wedding day was perfect, Stacey pays very close attention to detail and is quiet the perfectionist, as am I, so it was wonderful working with her. I would highly recommend having a wedding at Vizcaya.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Meghan · Married on 06/09/2014

Vizcaya was a dream come true the second I walked through their doors.

Cara Bruno was my wedding coordinator and was a joy to work with and was professional and efficient in all aspects of the planning. Cara worked with my 3 month time line and planned the perfect event. She was very well organized and attentive to details.

Vizcaya has beautiful grounds to have a ceremony on. It is stunning and perfect for weddings at all times of the day. We used the side courtyard for my ceremony. It has wonderful market lights and beautiful trees to provide shade for my 7 pm ceremony. The larger gardens area is also stunning and would be perfect for a larger wedding ceremony. The reception was held inside the Pavilion which is equally as beautiful. There are great stained glass light fixtures and tall windows. Now can we talk about the food? I was faced with the troubles of needing to accommodate meat eaters, vegans, and gluten free diets. Vizcaya worked with everyone and created amazing food that my guests were raving about. The appetizers were butler passed and looked amazing! My guests all loved them (my husband and I never actually got to eat any as we were busy taking photos after the ceremony). We were seated and our food arrived. It was so amazing. It was beautifully plated and was delicious. I was so happy with the food. The vegans and gluten free guests were very pleased with their plates and I was very excited to have my family accommodated and happy!

The staff was friendly and very professional. Each member of staff introduced themselves and went out of their way to provide the best service. I never had to worry about anything. The staff worked with my family packing up gifts and getting them to the right car, as well as ensuring the decorations were locked away after the night and safe for the next day. I am so pleased with the staff, food, and the beautiful venue. I cannot wait to go back to Vizcaya to enjoy their bed and breakfast.

Sent on 06/17/2014

This amazing venue and talented staff took care of me every step of the way! Stacey, my wedding planner, really made sure that when the day came i could sit back and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience knowing that she was taking care of everything! i felt there prices were very good in comparison to many other venues in the area and they included so many little extras that add up; like no corkage fee, no charge for dance floor, no charge for bartender and they provide all mixers and garnishes, outdoor heaters and umbrellas for cocktail hour if need be etc. highly recommend the Vizcaya!

Sent on 09/23/2014