Vista at Walnut Hill Reviews

31 | Cleveland, NC

31 Reviews for Vista at Walnut Hill

Mckamie Youngblood · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Highly recommend!!

My mom and I stumbled upon this out-of-the-way spot as we were searching for my perfect venue. We needed a large space to accommodate an equally large guest list, and I really wanted to be able to have an outdoor ceremony with indoor reception. We went to tour with Fred, and I was sold. It is such a magical place... the pictures don't even do it justice. The barn has beautiful lighting, antique furniture and features, and the balcony is so uniquely stunning. The surrounding land connected to the property is equally gorgeous, and my bridal portraits and wedding photos were so perfect! It's such a nice, quiet, country area, which I loved. The best part of the whole package? Fred. He worked with us closely to get exactly what we wanted, reminded us of things we hadn't thought of, and went out of his way to make sure everything was just as I dreamed. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Judy Bazules · Married on 02/09/2020

Awesome Venue!

We had our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at the absolutely beautiful Vista at Walnut Hill on 9/14/2019. Five Stars for sure!! Lots of space during this terrible time of "Social Distancing".
    When the venue for our wedding became "no longer available", we went into panic mode for about a week! After many phone calls, checking places out and disappointing venues, we came across Vista at Walnut Hill...Thank You Jesus!!
    The breathtaking country setting, rolling hills, beautiful barn, meticulously maintained grounds and even the horses was more than we could ask for in a venue.
    We had our Wedding Ceremony out in front of the barn in the beautiful stone fire pit area. Fred even suggest the best time to start the ceremony so our guest would be in the shade and comfortable. The views from this area were truly stunning.
    We held our Reception inside the barn, which was VERY clean, specious, had a great Bridal Suite, nice clean restrooms and beautiful lighting. The kitchen was very convenient, clean and next to a nice area for the catering service. There was a nice dance floor with room for a DJ and band if needed. The dining area with all the lights, antiques and other decorations was just beautiful....even the bar area.
    Fred and MaryLou have a large room full of decoration from candy dishes to outdoor decorations for you to use. Every essential from linens to candles can be used to add the final touches to your dream wedding. Check it out before you spend a bunch of money trying to cover everything yourself!!
    Fred and MaryLou are very professional in handling all the major details and also very caring, kind and accommodating in every way to make sure every detail is taken care of on time. Fred stays on top of everything and is always just a phone call away.
    Fred has a list of Preferred Food Vendors and Bartenders that he has worked with....what a great help that was. We received many compliments on the bar service and delicious food and coconut cake from Sharpe's Catering Service.
    We will be forever grateful to Fred and MaryLou for sharing their gorgeous venue with us, our friends and family. You helped make our wedding an absolute dream come true for a "Senior Widow Bride and Widower Groom" like Paul and I. Thank You so much!!

Sent on 05/29/2020

Pam Harrison · Married on 11/30/2019

Happy customer

I can’t say enough about The Vista and the folks who run it! Fred and MaryLou bend over backwards to make sure everything is perfect and just the way you want it. If you want a beautiful venue in an amazing setting with THE BEST staff you need to look no farther!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Steph

Steph Mako · Married on 10/05/2019

A Beautiful Venue

I highly recommend having your wedding at Vista at Walnut Hill! Not only is it absolutely beautiful, it is a great value for everything the venue offers. Fred and Mary Lou were great- they were responsive to my numerous emails with questions and they were professional, showing they cared how our special day turned out.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/12/2019

Wonderful people, service, and venue.

Fred and Mary Lou are sweet people who really care about making each brides day truly special. I was able to go over as many times as I needed to make sure everything was perfect. They have many decorations available which really helped with all the little things that get overlooked! The barn is absolutely beautiful no matter what time of year!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Noel

Noel Buie · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfection

Not only is the venue breathtaking, the owners are amazing! They offer SO much for no additional cost (decor, assistance, etc.). They were always helpful and in the background the day of to ensure everything went smoothly! They treated us like family! If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would choose them a thousand times over again! You will NOT be disappointed with Vista at Walnut Hill! The rustic, country setting this venue offers was exactly what we were looking for! Thank you for making our day a dream come true!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Sherry

Sherry Sells · Married on 04/27/2019

“Highly Recommend”

I “highly” recommend Walnut Hill to anyone looking for a wedding venue or a venue for any good size gathering!
    We are SO thankful that we had our daughter’s wedding at the Vista at Walnut Hill! It is a gorgeous place - inside and out and you will not find “nicer people” to work with! Fred and Mary Lou were so helpful and so pleasant! They went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed! The vendors we used through their venue were also fantastic! They all worked so hard and so well together! Everything flowed so smoothly! We could not have been more pleased with how beautiful everything looked and how well it all turned out! Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we had so many compliments on EVERYTHING from the beautiful venue, to the DJ, to the delicious cake and food, and bar tenders! All of the vendors did such a wonderful job and it turned out exactly how we had hoped - “perfect and beautiful”❣️ Thank you Fred, Mary Lou, Rick, Katie and crew, and Patty and crew (from LKN), and Karen’s Bakery for helping to make our daughter’s Special Day even more “Special”! We couldn’t have done it without you all!! ☺️

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Sells Boggs · Married on 04/27/2019

5 stars! Vista at Walnut Hill is beautiful!

I highly recommend Walnut Hill to anyone looking for a wedding venue! My wedding day was literally perfect! I could not have asked for my day to have been any better! It is a gorgeous place - inside and out and you will not find “nicer people” to work with! Fred and Mary Lou are the sweetest! They went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed! The vendors we used through their venue were also amazing! They all worked so hard and so well together! Everything flowed so smoothly! We could not have been more pleased with how beautiful everything looked and how well it all turned out! Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we had so many compliments on EVERYTHING from the beautiful venue, to the DJ, to the delicious cake and food, and bar tenders! All of the vendors did such a wonderful job and it turned out exactly how we had hoped - perfect and beautiful! Thank you Fred, Mary Lou, Rick, Katie and crew, and Patty and crew (from LKN), and Karen’s Bakery for helping to make our wedding day so special! We couldn’t have done it without you all!! :)

Sent on 07/15/2019

Kirsten Paradiso · Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

This venue was everything I dreamed of and more! Fred and Mary Lou have everything you'll need available to you for a perfect day- from beautiful decor to thoughtful planning help. Fred allowed us to come to the venue countless times to make sure we had every detail thought out and walked us through every detail about his venue to make sure we had planned our wedding just how we wanted to. Everyone commented on how beautiful the barn, our table pieces from Mary Lou, and the outdoor ceremony location we selected were. Vista at Walnut Hill makes the perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 12/08/2018

The Vista at Walnut Hill

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Vista at Walnut Hill on December 8, 2018!! I can not begin to say enough amazing things about this place. From the moment we met with Fred and toured this beautiful venue, we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. The barn is absolutely gorgeous - Table/chairs are provided as well as a variety of linen choices, and lots of decor are available to use. The owners were accommodating in every way and went above and beyond too ensure that our day was perfect. They responded promptly to all our questions and were extremely helpful with making decisions. We made a couple trips to the barn to get ideas and were welcomed each time. They also guided us thru the planning process and the vendors that we chose from their preferred vendor list were outstanding. We are so thankful to Fred and Mary Lou for helping to make our wedding day as absolute dream come true.

Sent on 08/24/2019

Rachel Leonard · Married on 12/01/2018

Our wedding day was perfect!

I had my ceremony and reception at the Vista at Walnut Hill and I cannot say enough good things about the venue or the owners, Fred and MaryLou. Our wedding exceeded any and all expectations I had and I owe a lot of that to their kindness, helpfulness, and hard work to make our wedding perfect! The venue is beautiful and you can see all the details and love that has been put into it by the owners, from countless decorations and linens available for use to the antique, personalized furniture around the venue. Fred helped me find vendors that he trusted and made the planning process as seamless as it could be. The venue looked outstanding the day of our wedding and we are still hearing from our guests how beautiful it was and the amazing time they had. Fred is always available to answer any questions or let you come to the venue to show family and plan things out. The day of our wedding ran so smoothly and neither myself or my husband had to worry about a thing thanks to the care and attention Fred showed us. I will forever be grateful that we were able to begin our life together at the Vista at Walnt Hill and forever be grateful to Fred and MaryLou for everything they did for us! I cannot recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/27/2018

Hands down, the best!

Fred and Mary Lou go above and beyond when you book their venue. You can tell Fred takes pride in the business and in his barn. He's constantly updating and adding additions to make it even more accommodating. They just built a bridal suite in the back which is the perfect touch for getting ready before the ceremony. Unlike other barn venues we looked into, you don't have to worry about lack of facilities or the use of port-a-johns. They have 2 working bathrooms and are adding more off the bridal suite. All their decorations they've accumulated over the years or gifted by past brides are including in the cost of the venue. They don't charge rental fee for any of their decor, seating, linens, etc. That is a huge money saver! We only really had to purchase a few things for gift/card box, guest book and favors. The rest we worked with their decor to save lots of money. Fred is very responsive when you have questions. He will work on getting everything ready so when you come to decorate, you can knock out it out quick. We were hoping to use the outside location in the grass, but we had rain all weekend. Luckily the sky cleared enough and we were able to do the patio location last minute instead of having it inside and both Fred and Mary Lou worked diligently in getting the new location set up. I can't recommend this venue and the location enough! They're truly like family!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Carly · Married on 10/20/2018

We couldn't have asked for more!

We were so pleased with how easy and affordable it was to work with Fred and Mary Lou. They are two of the kindest people who truly care about your day! They were always available to chat and welcomed us to the venue anytime we wanted to look around. Our wedding was incredibly beautiful and we were extremely grateful to have Fred and Mary Lou's help and expertise!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

Great people, awesome place!

The venue was stunning and the owners were super sweet and available at any time! I'm so glad we chose Walnut Hill as our wedding venue!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Dameika · Married on 06/09/2018

Venue is stunning and owners are really good people. Thank ya'll for having us.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Brianna · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I got married May 2018 at the Vista at Walnut Hill and we absolutely loved it! From the beautiful setting down to the sweet couple who owns the venue, everything about this place was absolutely charming. Highly recommend to any bride looking for a barn wedding and a stress-free experience!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Leah · Married on 04/07/2018

This venue was absolutely breathtaking. We got married this past April 7th and we could not have asked for a better venue, We knew the moment we toured the barn that this was the place we wanted to be married. The owners are phenomenal people and helped us make our wedding day perfect. They have so many decorations and extras that help add to a beautiful ceremony. We got so many compliments on the venue. It was beyond amazing.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

Fred and Mary Lou are amazing and so helpful! We got the venue for our reception and ceremony at an amazing price and it was worth every penny! They were so accommodating and helped with every last detail, giving us suggestions and lending us a hand!

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • Katlyn

Katlyn · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I just got married out at Walnut Hill, and it was perfect! Fred and Mary Lou are so wonderful, and have the most beautiful barn. We had our ceremony out in the field, and reception in the barn, both of which accommodated perfectly for the amount of people we had! Not only is the barn beautiful, but Fred and Mary Lou have the most beautiful decor as well! If you are wanting a barn wedding, look no further!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Lisa · Married on 05/06/2017

We chose this venue for my daughter's wedding on 5-6-17. The venue is beautiful. The barn is immaculate and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. The owners, Fred and MaryLou are fine people. They were so helpful and readily available to discuss arrangements. The venue was easy to book and the contract is very clear. They have lots of antique lanterns, glass candy bowls and other decorations that you can use. They have beautiful mismatched china that can be used as chargers. If you are looking for a very nice place to have your wedding/reception or any other larger function I would recommend Vista at Walnut Hill. Check out their website for pictures of recent events.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

I could not have picked a better place to have our wedding reception!! In September 2016, my husband and I had our reception at The Vista at Walnut Hill. Fred and Mary Lou are absolutely wonderful to work with! Both are very personable and treat you as though they have known you for years! Fred was ALWAYS a phone call or text away, and was so helpful with the planning/organizing of our special day. Everything was very organized, from the signing of the paperwork, lining up vendors, etc. they greeted guests and treated them in such a professional yet friendly manner, and we are forever grateful! If you want an event to remember, this is definitely the place to have it!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Kayla · Married on 06/11/2016

Perfect place for a wedding!!! 5??

Sent on 08/17/2016

Leanna · Married on 04/02/2016

We had our son and daughter in law's wedding rehearsal dinner at the Vista, I cannot say enough about how PLEASED we were with our experience! The beautiful country setting, the kindness and helpfulness of the owners, Fred and Mary Lou, made our special event even better! We loved the Bartender they recommended and were so impressed with the professionalism and organization of the entire facility. The grounds offer beautiful and meticulously maintained landscaping, while the Barn itself is clean and spacious, offering so many carefully added details, including a beautiful handmade bar, nice large restrooms, and a convenient kitchen. Everything adding charm to this lovely venue. Our Thanks go to everyone at Vista at Walnut Hill for helping us to host our special Family event!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Moni · Married on 10/24/2015

We couldn't have picked a better place to help make our dreams come true! Fred and Mary Lou are such a blessing and were available to us every step of the way.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Jane · Married on 09/19/2015

When you make a decision to book this venue you will not regret your decision. Our daughter was married at the Vista at Walnut Hill and the day was her dream for her lifetime of how her wedding would be. Her reception was held right after the wedding. Fred and Mary Lou were great from the moment we met with them and booked the date for her wedding. They were so helpful in the planning and were great on our daughters special day. I don't think anywhere else would have made her day as special as it was at the Vista at Walnut Hill. We cant say enough about the venue or owners and their willingness to go the extra mile to make the day special.

Sent on 12/14/2016