Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel Reviews

Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 6
Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 7
  • Vikki

Vikki · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing from beginning to end!

I can’t say enough good things about Vernon Downs! Brandy was amazing to work with - she took care of absolutely everything and was available constantly to help with planning. The venue looked beautiful and everything was set up perfectly. We wouldn’t change a thing. Thanks so much Brandy!!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Vikki,
    You were so great to work with and it was funny to see we both had the same wedding dress! You and Eric looked so in love dancing to your first dance as husband and wife, and I adored your table numbers! That was a first for me. Enjoy life together and love one another unconditionally!

Linsey Connarton · Married on 08/10/2019

Brandy at Vernon Downs made all of our dreams and visions for our wedding come true!!

Words can't fully express how truly happy my husband and I were with our choice to have our reception at Vernon Downs Casino and Hotel!! From the second we met with Brandy she was extremely helpful and attentive to all of our questions. She would respond to all the emails we sent her (which were a lot ha), immediately, and always with a response that made us feel at ease and pleased. She helped make the wedding planning process much less stressful. She helped with many aspects from putting together centerpieces, to contacting the bakery to get our cake dropped off the night before, contacting our dj, and helping me the night of our reception. It was a pleasure working with her, and communicating with her from the very start of planning to the night of our wedding, which she was there to help with also! All of our guests had nothing but compliments about the venue, the quality of the food at the buffet, the beauty of the cocktail hour on the terrace, and the presence of the wonderful wedding coordinator Brandy at our reception. We would 100% recommend Vernon Downs to anyone planning a wedding. It was more than spacious for our 215 guests, and the grounds offered many beautiful photo opportunities! The hotel room block offered to our guests was also a perk, as many stayed and hung out in the Casino bar after, which had a live band! Vernon Downs truly had all we could ever ask for and more to make our wedding reception perfect. Fun was had by all!!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Hi Linsey,
    Thank you for your sweet words on my services as well as your experience with us here at Vernon Downs. You and Garry were great to work with. It's not often the Groom has a lot of input or communication with me during the process, so it was actually a nice change. You two looked so great and so in love that day, and I wish you both nothing but love and everlasting happiness!

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2019

Kim and Barry 6-1-19

Brandy did an absolutely fantastic job for our wedding on June 1st. I didn't have a worry in the world because we had been communicating so often and then the few days beforehand she took the lead and everything went off without a hitch! I would highly recommend Vernon Downs to anyone planning a wedding. It's truly a one stop shop!!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 8

Kim,
    Thank you so much! You yourself were such a pleasure to work with and very detailed. On your DAY, you looked so beautiful in your dress and Barry looked smashing in his suit. I wish you two a lifetime of happiness!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding May 25th, 2019

We had an amazing experience at Vernon Downs and it was all due to Brandy! She was extremely compassionate, thorough, professional and bent over backwards to make our special day the best it could be! Thank you so much again and we highly recommend this venue to future Mr. and Mrs.’s!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 13
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 14
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 15

Lindsay,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! They are much appreciated. You were great to work with yourself. You two looked so great on your BIG day and I loved the backdrop behind your sweetheart table! The pictures you posted are so beautiful, and I wish you two a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Kristie

Kristie Virga · Married on 11/04/2018

Franco Wedding

We are extremely happy with everything Vernon downs provided to us during our very special time. We had the pleasure of planning everything with Eric Foster, who was unbelievable. He ensured all my guests had a room within our block, even when we ran out of rooms. He made the process of planning a wedding 4 hours away a breeze. He would always contact me back right away and make each of my requests. We had a room block fri and sat for our wedding at Hayloft on the arch On Saturday. Sunday morning we had a farewell brunch for our guests from 9-12. Even the cleaning staff was super nice and accommodating. Our farewell brunch was excellent and all of our guests loved it!!! Such a great experience at Vernon downs !!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel's reply:

I am glad you enjoyed your time here at Vernon Downs with us. Thank you for choosing us to host your room block and Farewell Breakfast!

Brianna · Married on 10/13/2018

We could not have asked for a better wedding!!

We were just married on Friday (10/12/18) and could not say enough great things about Vernon Downs and their staff! Most importantly, Eric, their wedding coordinator was beyond amazing to work with! Every email we sent was always answered immediately. He made the extremely stressful wedding planning so much easier and was always on top of everything. We had some last minute guest count changes and seating changes which he handled greatly and completely eliminated the stress on our part. Day of the wedding, he was on top of everything!! Had some threat of rain, but Eric had a game plan for everything! He could not have made our wedding day easier or more enjoyable! I could seriously go on for pages on how fabulous he was to work with! The venue itself is incredible, lots of gorgeous places for pictures both inside and out. The race track offers a unique opportunity to use bets as favors! The food at the venue was also incredible! Guests are still raving about how delicious everything was! I have zero complaints or any criticism to offer towards the venue/staff. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to in a long time! I would recommend getting married here to anyone! They also work hard to fit whatever your dream wedding is into whatever budget you may have to work with, which is wonderful in itself! We LOVED having our wedding here!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 16

Rachael · Married on 10/05/2018

Our Wedding was at Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel On 10/05/2018. This Venue was absolutely Perfect for our Wedding!
    We had our Ceremony and Reception there.
    The Coordinator Eric F. is Amazing!!
    I was indecisive on some things but knew he would pull the night off without a hitch. Was a stress free process knowing we had him.
    Everything was Beautiful!
    No complaints and so Happy we chose Vernon!!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 17

Kayla · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was absolutely amazing! Eric was so great to work with, and made everything so easy for us! Food was amazing as well! our guests still have not stopped talking about the quality of food

Sent on 10/02/2018

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Eric was amazing and super helpful and accommodating with everything. Staff did an amazing job as well.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Shortly after being engaged, we knew Vernon was going to be our wedding venue. Vernon was everything we hoped for, but it wouldn’t have been possible without Eric. Eric was more than accommodating, always willing to help us out, and very easy to work with. Eric truly helped make the wedding of our dreams come true!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2018

From touring the venue for the first time, to our big day, my experience working with Eric Foster and the whole team at Vernon Downs was absolutely wonderful. Aside from the beautiful picturesque grounds, the personal customer service was top notch. As the day got closer, I was sending multiple emails full of questions to which Eric responded promptly with detailed answers for me. He was always cheerful and happy to help with whatever I needed. He did not hesitate to go the extra mile to accommodate every request so that our wedding and reception had personal touches just for the groom and I. The food was divine, and we had several guests compliment us on how good everything tasted. One of the best things that the Vernon Downs team did for us was set up and break down the reception so that my family and I could just enjoy the day. A lot of places don’t offer such a service. My girls and I were able to get ready in a spacious private room. Everything about getting married at Vernon Downs was wonderful and I would highly recommend Eric, Monica, and the rest of the staff to anyone who is looking for a worry free wedding day. We were well taken care of through the entire process, and I cannot thank them enough for caring so much about our special day. 10 stars!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Tiffany · Married on 06/30/2018

Eric Foster and the Vernon Downs team made my dream wedding come true. I would highly recommend using Vernon Downs for your wedding! All of my guest said it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Megan · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to Eric and the rest of the staff at Vernon Downs!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2018

We just had our wedding on Saturday and I cant thank Vernon Downs and staff enough, especially the wedding coordinator Eric. He was extremely accommodating and responded right away to any questions we had. The only downfall of Vernon Downs is the hospitality manager at the hotel, which had nothing to do with the wedding/catering staff. We had an incident with hospitality manager Jamie, which was promptly taken care off and she was not scheduled the night of our event. If they could get rid of her, the rest of the front staff was fantastic. Its a shame she has to be the first person you deal with at the hotel :) But other than that small incident, everything went wonderfully. I can not rave about Eric enough and if you are considering booking with Vernon Downs I HIGHLY recommend it.

Tamara · Married on 06/09/2018

My daughter and son in law had their wedding reception at Vernon Down last weekend and Eric was wonderful to work with. He answered every phone call, email and question as soon as he possibly could. When my daughter received a call from the cake person saying she could not make the cake , but would make cupcakes instead, Eric asked if she would have a cake top to cut and my daughter said "I think so". Eric said "I will make a back up cake". I highly recommend VD and Eric.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Molly · Married on 05/12/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Vernon Downs! Eric made us feel like we were the only wedding he was working on! He bent over backwards for us, rolled with all the ideas we had, and made sure the entire process was seamless. Not to mention on the day of- the entire staff made everyone- but especially our close family and friends feel so welcomed.

It was perfect to have ceremony, reception, entertainment, and hotel all in one place- our guests loved it. Planning was a breeze. We live in Syracuse but Eric was very responsive via email and made the most of our visits when we did make the trip.

Jenny · Married on 04/22/2018

Eric Foster was amazing! Very professional and was very accomadating as well as showed a lot of interest in my ideas! I loved my hotel room too! A lot of amenities for a low price.

Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 18
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 19
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 20

Kayla · Married on 08/24/2017

Eric was a perfect fit for our wedding coordinator, not only was he easy to get in touch with but he offered different ideas and easier ways to do things. He is an asset to your team, along with the bartenders and wait staff you had on the night of our wedding they all had smiles and were very attentive to our needs. Thank you for making it a magical, easy going day that everyone will remember as such.

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 21
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 22
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 23
    Vernon Downs Casino & Hotel 24

Jill · Married on 10/08/2016

I wish I could give Vernon Downs and Kayleigh an even higher rating! Our wedding at Vernon Downs was absolutely perfect. We planned to have our ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace and reception in the ballroom. Kayleigh made our planning so easy. She was so responsive and willing to answer any questions. She made our whole weekend flow, from the rehearsal at the venue to the farewell brunch the next morning, even with 3 weddings that weekend. She is truly a miracle worker!! We cannot say enough about the whole team at Vernon Downs - our guests loved the food, cannot stop talking about how beautiful the venue was, and were so impressed with how smoothly everything ran. Kayleigh and her team even managed to make our dream of an outdoor ceremony happen even with a full day of rain and wind - the rain miraculously stopped 15 minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to start and the team dried off the chairs and set everything up so we were able to have exactly what we wanted. This venue is fantastic and the staff there are incredibly helpful and professional - we recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

Vernon Downs was such a beautiful and amazing place to have my wedding reception. We had a large wedding with 220 people, the ballroom was very spacious and had plenty of room for all of the tables and guests. Kayleigh was our on site wedding consultant and she was so great to work with. She was very quick at responding to all of my calls and emails and was rite there to help us with anything we needed throughout the planning process and on our wedding day, she was more then accommodating. Having the cocktail upstairs on the veranda was beautiful over looking the track and the horses running, it was truly a wedding day dream come true. The food was great, the service was great and the whole atmosphere at Vernon downs was spectacular. I cant say enough good things about this venue and would recommend Vernon downs to anyone looking for a great wedding reception space.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Trisha · Married on 09/25/2015

We absolutely fell in love with this venue! It was so big and open and definitely complimented our modern taste. Chelsea was always available when I had a question. She responded to emails quicker than anyone! We didn't have to lift a finger all day. The cocktail hour on the terrace was incredible. It was all our guests talked about. I am so happy we went with them for our wedding. I would choose them all over again if I had to!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

Cant even put into words how amazing this venue was!! The cost was reasonable, beautifully updated room, amazing grounds and most of all the staff was fabulous. Chelsea was so wonderful to work with! She is the sweetest!!! She helped get sauce off my dress and got me everything i needed! The food was the best too!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner on the rooftop terrace at Vernon Downs!! I can't say enough how perfect it was and how great the food was! Courtney was a pleasure to work with and was professional and responsive from day 1!! We have friends who are vegan and their chef prepared plated meals for them that they raved about!! Everything was delicious. Thank you for helping us start our wedding weekend off on the right foot!! Will definitely be back for events in the future. :)

Sent on 06/24/2015

Kimberly · Married on 04/12/2014

The day was perfect. Our wedding consultant, Chelsea, was fabulous! She worked hard with me so every detail was great. The venue was excellent. The food was extremely tasty and everyone there was easy to work with. They made the day a pleasurable experience!

Sent on 04/18/2014

We absolutely loved our wedding venue. Our choice to go with Vernon Downs turned out to be perfect for us. We ended up doing a lot of tweaking with our menu buffet because we were not originally happy with our preliminary food tasting but in the end we got nothing but sincere compliments on the food. If the weather permits, the use of the terrace for cocktail hour gives a reception a beautiful twist. Overlooking the racetrack on a beautiful day makes a truly scenic backdrop for photos and it's nice to give the guests an outdoor option if they choose to venture up there at some point during the reception. We would not recommend Mr. G's which is a small eatery off the lobby. The service wasn't great and the food is nothing to write home about. The eateries in the casino are great though, and even though there are no table games at this casino the slot machines were a great compliment to the end of the night as was the bar in the casino area. We received great service and all the vendors seemed to work well with our wedding planner from Vernon. We know this place isn't for everyone but overall, we would absolutely recommend Vernon Downs as a place to have your wedding reception.

Sent on 11/14/2013