Venetian River Club Reviews

Venetian River Club 6
  • Ashley

Ashley Santos · Married on 06/20/2019

Grateful Beyond Words

Chris and Paul were so accommodating! They worked in ensuring I was happy from day one of our meeting! They have great tips and tricks to keep my stress level down! Also, Alyza did such an amazing job decorating for the wedding, it left me full of emotions! If you choose this venue, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Venetian River Club 7
    Venetian River Club 8
    Venetian River Club 9
    Venetian River Club 10
    Venetian River Club 11
    Venetian River Club 12

Ariane · Married on 12/13/2014

Our wedding was the most amazing night of my life, all thanks to the amazing staff at the Venetian River Club, and in particular, Alicia. Throughout the entire process she made our wedding planning stress free. She even went above and beyond to surprise me with the entire reception decor from centerpieces to table settings, I didn't pick anything out, because we completely trusted her and she couldn't have done a better job. She truly loves what she does and makes every wedding so special!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Donna · Married on 12/13/2014

Alicia Hunnerman at the Venetian Golf & River Club went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding nothing short of a fairytale. Her professionalism and the venue itself speaks for itself.. I would recommend this facility to anyone planning a special occasion. Anyone who plans a wedding knows what a stressful event this can be and not once from food tasting, to the bridal shower right down to the big day did my daughter nor I worry about anything. 12-13-14 was the most memorable day ever and I could not thank the Venetian and Alicia for being part of it.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Alicia is AMAZING! She makes sure everything is flawless and sincerely cares about the happiness of everyone involved. She takes care of all of the details the day of, so the bride and groom can enjoy their day!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/27/2014

Alicia is INCREDIBLE!! Planning was a breeze with her! Not to mention fun and stressfree!! The food is amazing, we were getting compliments all night and still to this day! When we got our first-look at the dining room before guest went in, we INSTANTLY got goosebumps! It was literally perfect and everything we wanted and more with the little touches Alicia added to our special day. The Venetian cares about it's people, and it shows in their work! I recommend to all!!

Sent on 11/04/2014

The staff was very nice and Professional at their jobs and everyone there made it enjoyable and fun!

Sent on 02/12/2014
  • Jacinda

Jacinda · Married on 12/07/2013

I can not say enough about Alicia Hunneman and how absolutely wonderful and amazing she is! She made our wedding perfect! From start to finish I could have not asked for anything more, she was always available when I needed her for any little thing. The entire staff at The Venetian were just as amazing, professional and helpful. I am truly grateful for Alicia and all she has done to make our day so special.

Sent on 11/12/2014

My husband and I were married at The Venetian River Club a couple of weeks ago, and we were impressed with the service and value. We had investigated venues in the area, but none offered the services provided here, within our price point. The venue itself is beautiful, and the event coordinator truly works with you to achieve your vision. The attention to detail is unmatched, and the service is above and beyond the norm. The food was exceptional, and was complimented by all of our guests. You receive exactly what you sample at the tasting. On the day of the wedding we did not have to stress for even a moment, as everything was taken care of. We had drinks waiting for us prior to the wedding, and drinks waiting for us after the ceremony. The bridal party was provided appetizers, so that we would not miss out on cocktail hour, due to pictures. The timing was flawless, as the event coordinator is an expert, and is quick to ensure that things keep moving at a reasonable pace. Our wedding was perfect, and our guests could not stop raving about the venue. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone planning to marry in the Sarasota area.

Sent on 04/22/2013

We LOVE Angella and Alicia!!!! What a team!!!
    There is no one more creative, knowledgeable, or accommodating they these two ladies!
    The food was delicious and the decor was absolutely beautiful!!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Michelle · Married on 12/15/2012

The staff and everyone involved did an Amazing job! Beautiful venue

Sent on 12/24/2012

Suzanne · Married on 12/11/2010

Angela is AMAZING! She is great to work with, and really makes it her goal to make your day perfect. She makes wedding planning so easy and fun! The Venetian is a beautiful venue with a dance floor in the center of the room, which is awesome because it really makes everyone feel included in the reception! I did my wedding and reception there, and I am so happy I did!

-Suzanne

Sent on 12/28/2010
  • truelove

Tiffany · Married on 10/10/2010

Angella Cisco-Ferreira is my hero!!!! Without Angella (the events manger/goddess) our wedding week-end celebration would not have been complete! Her expertise, polite mannerism, efficient attention to detail and reliability was exactly what we wanted and needed to have at these extremely special events. We had a golf tournament and luncheon held at the Venetian Country club the day before our wedding and then a superb cocktail hour and reception at the Venetian River Club. The grounds at the Venetian gave us the most gorgeous photographs and we would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Kristina · Married on 03/02/2018

They were very accommodating, we were sold in how affordable and flexible this venue was. We ended up having a very beautiful wedding day here, the only experiece I would have liked to go differently is for the wedding coordinator to have remembered the details we discussed at our meetings. It seemed at every appointment many of the details were forgotten, and he would seem to rewrite and change a lot of things. At my wedding rehearsal he tried to tell me I changed the time of my wedding and it would change the whole schedule! I was taken aback for a second until finally I reminded him that’s been the plan all along. After he thumbed through the several pages in our file he had restarted, he finally agreed that’s always been the agreement and it will work out great. This really ended up being a minor thing for us as we are pretty easy going and so was this venue, so all in all I do recommend it, as long as the couple writes everything down that’s discussed to keep track of it all, including the prices quoted.

Sent on 07/23/2018

The wedding consultant, Mara, was wonderful. She is accommodating, extremely helpful and so pleasant to work with. The venue looked amazing and it was so wonderful to enjoy the wedding day with my daughter instead of stressing over what the reception was going to look like. We loved it!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Stephanie · event on 06/20/2015

We were so impressed by the professionalism, work ethic, and flexibility of the staff at the Venetian. They truly went above and beyond to help make our special day so amazing!!!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 03/04/2012

Wonderful location not to many people have heard of! I fell in love with this reception site the second I drove past the guards gate! Everything was beautiful! Angella was helpful every step of the way especially with keeping me on budget! My husband and i are in college so keeping to budget was very important! All of my guests were amazed by how wonderful the plated dinner was and that it was still hot when they brought it to the table!

I am happy we forfeited our deposit for another location on the beach and held everything here! They truly made it the wedding of my dreams! I didnt have to worry about anything the day of and got to enjoy spending time with my guests!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Dave · Married on 09/15/2016

2.6
      3.0
      2.5
      0.5
      3.0

They are really good at being professional and kind, but will not work with you on the date of your event. When they have a member meeting set, they lock it in and won't move it by one day even if it's for your big day.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Venetian River Club's reply:

We are a private club that is member owned. The members have certain events that are previously booked. We will always accomodate dates as best we can, but since the members own the club, we are unable to cancel their previously booked events.