Variety Works Reviews

9 | Madison, GA

9 Reviews for Variety Works

Pilar · Married on 12/23/2017

This venue was an absolute dream come true. Our wedding was in December, so we wanted a beautiful, indoor venue. The Variety Works has a gorgeous, rustic interior and the property outside is very nice, too. The venue really doesn't need much decoration because it is really spectacular on its own!! The coordinator at the venue, Chasity, did an incredible job with our timeline and made our wedding day go very smooth. She also helped me decorate and made sure that the venue looked beautiful for our special day! It did rain on the wedding day, but there were some great indoor spots to take pictures. If I could do it all again, I'd do it the same and get married here again and again!!!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Anne · Married on 07/15/2017

This venue and Chasity, the coordinator, were just perfect. She emailed and called when it was needed without being overbearing. She allowed me time to figure things out for myself while still always being there when I had questions. The venue is beautiful and was just redone and it der like it was done just for me. The grounds were clean and flowery all around.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Elesa · Married on 06/20/2015

Incredible wedding venue especially for a summer wedding that you want to host indoors!!!! Rustic and elegant... highly functional and yet attractive. Linda Redmond knows how to make this event space work beautifully!!!! Le Petit Jardin provided beautiful florals and the Park Band provided music for a magical evening. We used Town 220 as our caterer and Debra Adams for our wedding cake. Both food vendors were willing to accomodate our food allergies. We housed guests at The James Madison Inn and the entire event was lovely and we felt well cared for.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2014

I couldn't have been more pleased with Variety Works & the team at The Last Detail (coordination services). They responded timely on the hundreds of e-mails we exchanged over the period of about a year. They were so collaborative and organized and thought of absolutely everything! I never had to stress that something wouldn't be taken care of. I can be a control freak but being able to let go and let the ladies handle it all was the best decision I ever made. I used VW for both my ceremony and reception and it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. The venue itself is a gorgeous raw space and almost any color palette will work but I was ecstatic with how everything turned out! All of the pinning and e-mails and meetings were worth it when I saw it all come together on our wedding day. The surrounding area is gorgeous and there are dozens of locations for photography. I also used Le Petit Jardin (same area) as my florist and it's essentially all the same team so it was great to have a one-stop-shop for nearly half of my vendors. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Morgan · Married on 04/19/2014

Variety Works was awesome! The venue is beautiful, and perfect for our wedding day. Working with Linda & Debbie was easy and fun, and they really went above and beyond to make our day very very special!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Jamie · Married on 06/22/2013

Variety works was the perfect location for a backyard southern wedding. It was everything I hoped for!

Sent on 03/24/2015

4.2
      3.5

The venue is absolutely stunning! Everything I wanted!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Kristie · Married on 09/28/2014

2.5

This venue was absolutely beautiful! We were going for a rustic feel and this was exactly what we had in mind! We had both our ceremony and reception inside and the lighting and wooden beams throughout the place gave it a dreamy and magical feel. If I could do it again, I'd choose this venue a million times over. They were priced a little high but to us it was definitely worth it! They offer discounted rates on a Friday or Sunday wedding, versus a Saturday. Truly a beautiful venue and great location in the town of Madison!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Peggy · Married on 07/16/2016

2.8
      3.0

Ok first let me say - the venue The Variety Works is beautiful. We loved the atmosphere, it's wonderful for pictures, there is plenty of room for guests and dancing. We LOVE the venue itself. They did a great job of setting up and tearing down. However, we did have issues. The air conditioning could not keep up for our July wedding. It was SO unbearably hot. But if you have a wedding from Sept-early June - you are good. The contract states you must use La Petit Jardin as the florist. I would highly recommend you say no to that. The flowers were SO expensive and were not the best quality (the heat may have affected that). But let me give you an example: men's simple boutonniere - some baby's breathe with a single small rose - $13.50! I paid $6.50 for the same thing (but larger) for my other daughter's wedding just a year before. I would recommend getting a few quotes for flowers before signing the contract or have them take it out of the contract. Also - the price of the venue includes a coordinator - who is also the florist. I would recommend hiring a separate day of wedding coordinator. We had several issues with missed appointments, poor communication. We always felt as if we were 'leading' the conversation of what needed to happen. Based on experience, a wedding coordinator should be leading and helping make sure we do not miss or forget anything. But again - the venue itself is gorgeous. The town of Madison is fabulous! And the James Madison Inn and Conference Center - great people and place. The hotel is fabulous (expensive but worth it) and the Conference Center is has a bridal room that is EXCELLENT!!!! And also rents out conference rooms for the rehearsal dinner. Hope all this info helps.

Sent on 08/16/2016