Vandiver Inn Reviews

247 | Havre de Grace, MD

247 Reviews for Vandiver Inn

Georgianne Lelonek · Married on 12/10/2019

Excellent Experience at Vandiver

My daughter had her wedding reception at Vandiver Inn on a beautiful October evening. Vandiver Inn is an exemplary reception venue. The setting at Vandiver is gorgeous. The historic inn gives the feel of going back in time, and the garden and reception space are lovely. From our first meeting at Vandiver to tour the venue, the staff was professional, knowledgeable, and competent. Through out the planning and execution of the reception our wedding consultant, Ashley, was remarkable. She was attentive and met any need that we presented. During the reception the servers at Vandiver were exceptional. Everything ran smoothly and on time. We stayed overnight at the inn, and the rooms were not only charming, but also very comfortable. The food at the cocktail hour and reception was phenomenal. Everything was mouthwatering and cooked to perfection. Our guests raved about the Vandiver and many commented that it was the best reception they had attended. Most important, though, my daughter and son-in-law had a truly magical wedding day, which was largely due to the quality of the staff and facility at Vandiver Inn.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • ChefKait

Kaitlin · Married on 12/07/2019

Perfect from start to finish!

We booked the Vandiver 16 months before our wedding, and it could not have been more perfect. From first contact with Chasi to their up-front pricing and coordination, the booking process was seamless. We also met the owners, John and Susan who were absolutely lovely. Once we were booked we were transferred to Liz who coordinated the actual event and I was continuously blown away by the level of service we received from her even before the event. Liz was absolutely flawless from start to finish. The day of the event was perfect and it was really all thanks to her (with the help of the wonderful front -desk staff and others I know!) So many things I didn't even know about until the day after or days after and so many things I didn't even think about were taken care of before I had a chance to even wonder about them. The banquet staff was a ton of fun also- we got some really fun pictures of them dancing with our guests. It's such a great feeling to know that the staff enjoys working here! I can't say enough great things about this venue. We can't wait to come back and hopefully stay for our anniversary! Also- before I forget, the food was AMAZING! Thanks to Chef Susan, John, Liz, Chasi and the whole crew for an unforgettable weekend!!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 11/02/2019

Nov. 2, 2019 Wedding

My husband and I cannot recommend Vandiver Inn enough as a venue. From the moment we met with Chasi to discuss wedding possibilities and toured the grounds, we knew this venue was for us. The staff are like a family and make you feel at home. From the planning stages to the day of the wedding, we felt completely taken care of. While our original day of coordinator went on maternity leave (Congrats again Theresa!), our backup, Ashley, stepped in and took over as if she was there from day one. Ashley made sure the entire day went smoothly and according to schedule. Our rambunctious family came in the night before the wedding to stay and the Vandiver staff (especially Kim) were accommodating and entertaining. They took everything in stride and became one with our family. During the reception, our families were excited that the staff celebrated and danced with us. One staff member even helped teach guests (and the bride) how to Wobble! We were beyond pleased with our experience here, have gotten so many compliments on the venue, and we will be returning for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/07/2019

September Wedding

I will never be able to say enough good things about the Vandiver Inn. Every single guest commented on how helpful and kind the staff is. We worked directly with Ashley, Liz, and Theresa, and our entire day was flawless. My husband and I went into our wedding day without a single worry because we knew we were in good hands. The food was amazing, and they had many options for our guests with food allergies. The second we walked into the Vandiver for our first meeting, we knew that’s where we were getting married. The venue is so gorgeous, inside and out, that we didn’t even have to add any extra flowers as decorations.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Natalie · Married on 07/21/2019

Absolutley perfect

I can honestly say that the Vandiver Inn exceeded all of our wedding day expectations. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, the food was incredibly delicious and the event manager and staff are positively superb. The Inn itself is beautifully quaint and elegant. Perfect place for a charming yet romantic wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • W

Wendy Michele Riccitelli · Married on 06/30/2019

The most amazing expereince

Words could never express what a wonderful experience, The staff are so professional, friendly and engaging...Its a whole team approach led by the planner. Theresa was our wedding planner and did a fantastic job. We are looking forward to spending every anniversary there!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Venue with Amazing People!

We recently got married in June at the Vandiver Inn and it was such a wonderful experience! We originally met with Chasi to tour the facilities and we received such a warm welcome that it really made them stand out among the other places we had toured. The pricing was much more reasonable as well. We worked with Liz Lange to coordinate all of our event details - and she was also there on-site throughout the wedding weekend to ensure all the details were carried out. I cannot say enough great things about Liz! She seriously went above and beyond and rocked it the day-of. As the bride, I did not feel stressed in the least during my wedding day. She even bustled my dress for me when it was time and helped my now-husband put his boutonniere on lol! Liz is awesome - and so is literally every other person working there - so courteous and accommodating. And the food was absolutely delicious - we loved it - and also received so much great feedback from our guests about the food, the facilities and the staff. I hope one of my friends or family members gets married there so I can go back and enjoy another event with them!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Emily Stecker · Married on 05/12/2019

Literally the best.

Seriously the best place to have your wedding. We had a short time-frame in which to plan this (military pains), and we absolutely could not have done it without Vandiver. They took care of just about everything, and our assigned coordinator (Theresa) checked in constantly throughout the whole process and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was excellent (go for the goat cheese ball appetizer -- seriously), and Theresa was attentive to our needs the entire evening.

You'll have the thought that it'll be cheaper to buy your own alcohol, price out caterers, and negotiate with other companies over table/chair rentals, but the price is right here, and you have to consider the pains of actually coordinating all those moving parts on the day of. Our family and close friends could relax and have fun the entire weekend because they didn't have to worry about setting up tables and centerpieces. Vandiver staff take care of it all for you.

Not only is this venue practical, but it really is beautiful. It has that great vintage charm, and it looks magical in the pavilion at night. The rooms are very nice.

We could not have asked for a better location and staff. If we did everything over again, we would not change a thing.

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Chris

Chris Wilkens · Married on 12/29/2018

Such a beautiful location and amazing staff at Vandiver!

We were amazed with how convenient Vandiver Inn was, with how inclusive all of their services were. The mansion is a beautiful bed & breakfast that our family had for the entire evening, night and were even provided breakfast the next morning. The provided food for the reception, a delicious menu with such a variety! The bacon wrapped scallops were only a sampling of the amazing chooses we had. Liz, our coordinator, handled everything for us on the big day and the months leading up until. She did an incredible job and we're confident that we wouldn't have been able to get things setup without her. Vandiver pulled double-duty for us, as a venue for our ceremony and our reception. We were able to mingle throughout the house during cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception while things were flipped and setup. Super convenient! Such a hassle free wedding and we felt zero stress about the day and getting prepared. It was so beautiful and perfect. Liz even made sure we had some food and cake waiting in our room at the end of the night in case we were hungry again! Thank you so much Vandiver and all those working behind the scenes we didn't get to meet!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2018

Simply Magical

Vandiver Inn was the first and only place that we looked at when we started our venue search because we knew we didn't need to look any further. Vandiver has everything you need all-in-one!

The staff have been nothing short of amazing and very responsive. Theresa was so sweet and worked with us to make our day successful. Everything ran smooth and on-time without any problems. We had made white pumpkin centerpieces with a range of purple, teal, and white flowers and foliage coming out of the top and I didn't even THINK to do what she did and have them line the ceremony chairs down the aisle. That was a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much Theresa!! You thought of allllll the little details the day of and made everything perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Brittney · Married on 09/22/2018

Working with the Vandiver Inn planning our wedding was an amazing experience. They were very accomidatting and easy to work with. The venue is beautiful and everyone of our guest had a great time and we continue to get compliments on the venue.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

The Perfect Wedding Reception

We had our wedding reception at the Vandiver last July and it was absolutely perfect. The service was excellent and Liz made sure everything went smoothly. She was a wonderful wedding coordinator and easy to communicate with as we planned our wedding. We were able to truly relax and enjoy or special day because we knew we were in good hands! The staff even set aside food and drinks for our cocktail hour just to make sure we didn’t miss out on anything. All of our guests raved about the food. We had the chicken picatta and salmon with the roasted potatoes and vegetables. I was hardly able to eat dinner due to all the excitement from the day, but was pleasantly surprised when the staff saved us two plates for later. The cake was the best wedding cake I’ve ever had. Our guests still talk about how great that cake was and how fun our wedding was!! The timing of everything was perfect and I recommend the Vandiver for a wedding reception 100%!! It was so fun and special having our friends and family all stay at the inn together. If we could do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • F

F · Married on 06/23/2018

The 5 stars allowed for this review are not enough to describe our experience for our daughters wedding at the Vandiver Inn. From the initial consultation and planning to the end of a phenomenal weekend cannot say enough positive things about John,Susan, Chasi and especially Theresa and the entire staff at the Vandiver. We discovered this gem 5 years ago and immediately decided that if we were fortunate enough for our daughter and her boyfriend to marry, the Vandiver would be the perfect place and we were 100% correct. In addition to the incredible Vandiver staff, the vendors they recommended and have close relationships with were awesome too. DJ, florist, photography and cake were amazing and we were extremely happy with them all. One of our many hopes for the wedding was that the bride and groom , the bridal party and parents could sit back, relax and enjoy the day and not worry about micro managing everything. That’s exactly what happened as Theresa and the staff took care of it all leaving us with nothing to do but to have a truly great time and dance the night away. With ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and lodging all in one location the Vandiver was definitely the right choice for us and the work of the staff made it that much more right. We find ourselves searching for more superlatives to describe our experience, how happy we were and how highly we would recommend to anyone looking to enjoy a magical wedding day or any kind of event to have it at the Vandiver Inn.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Malana · event on: 05/26/2018

Theresa and the Vandiver Inn did an excellent job helping to plan and hosting my reception! Even when I emailed her probably more that normal with strange requests, she fulfilled every one!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/25/2018

Our experience with The Vandiver was exceptional. The venue is gorgeous, pretty much selling itself, and then you have the wonderful Chasi who really seals the deal. I wanted to do as little as possible so their “all-inclusive”-ish options really had me sold. Liz was our coordinator and we loved her. She was very relatable, was always available and honest. The week of the wedding Liz was always checking in, seeing if I needed help with anything. I showed her our decor and she made it come to life, everything looked beautiful. All of my friends and family said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The FOOD. Omg the food...food was a huge selling point because, well, I love food! Believe these reviews about the food. It’s fantastic. All of the staff is wonderful at the Vandiver. Liz was on top of everything, last minute changes we made, etc. Our party went out after our reception and once we got back Liz had prepared our room with ou gifts, some decor, two plates of food and two pieces of our wedding cake - it was the perfect scene to come back to on our wedding night! Choose the Vandiver you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jordan · Married on 05/12/2018

Perfect experience with the Vandiver! Staff was great to work with. Food was excellent. Guests loved staying at the venue. Wouldn't change a single thing!!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Alexander · Married on 04/28/2018

Perfect! The Vandiver Inn was not only the best choice we made for selecting our wedding venue, but it is now somewhere we plan on visiting for years to come. We found the Vandiver on the Knot and instantly fell in love. Once we got a chance to sit down and meet with the staff to look about booking it, we knew this was it. There was not one aspect of the Vandiver that we did not fall in love with and our guest agreed. We cannot recommend them enough and will be back for as many of their specialty dinners as possible. If you can, check this place out, eat here and i guarantee if you will find it to be as special as my wife and i do.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Gabriella · Married on 04/22/2018

I'm going to start with the food: I have severe, very specific dietary restrictions due to a chronic condition. My husband is vegan. Not only did the Vandiver Inn create mouthwatering meals that we could both enjoy, they made sure to literally bring me food that they had prepared with my needs in mind. They were always checking in to make sure we had eaten. And that's just the food! The location was beautiful, the suite that we stayed in was gorgeous, and they even made us breakfast afterwards. They took care of everything. Best of all, it was incredibly priced (especially for the service!).

Sent on 03/26/2018

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2018

The Vandiver Inn is a wonderful place. Theresa, our day of coordinator handled business on our wedding day and all the planning up until the wedding. She is awesome and so is all the staff at Vandiver. I loved that all our bridal party and out of town guest could spend the weekend at the inn, from the rehearsal to morning after breakfast. Our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and the Vandiver was the perfect setting for us! If you want to have great food, good service, beautiful scenery and work with wonderful people then definitely consider this venue!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Katie · Married on 04/07/2018

I need more than 5 stars to accurately reflect just how fantastic the Vandiver Inn was for my April 2018 wedding. From the moment I first corresponded with Chasi to ask about pricing and availability, I was met with a warmth and kindness that was carried through all of my experiences at the Vandiver and with everyone who works there. Liz Lange was our coordinator, and she executed our wedding day exactly as my husband and I sketched out with her in advance. She was wonderful to work with during the planning process and at our actual wedding, and I'm very grateful for everything that she did for us.

Highlights from our wedding that make the Vandiver worth more than 5 stars: Renting out the entire Mansion and rooms in the other two houses for bridal party and family members -- It gave us the entire weekend to enjoy the time with our loved ones without the hustle and bustle of traveling to/from hotel and venue; Having the food made in-house, and having Susan as the chef -- Not only are guests telling us that the Vandiver served the best wedding food they've ever had, but we are also hearing some say that they ate the best filets of their lives at our wedding; Having the wedding cake and baker included with the venue; Benefiting from the property's aesthetics -- Every space inside and outside looks different, which results in incredible wedding photos; Working with kind people who made us and our guests feel at home during our wedding weekend -- The staff is simply outstanding.

Get married here! :) 10/10 my husband and I would get married here again, and we even joke about having a second wedding at the Vandiver because we enjoyed ours so, so much.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Kristin · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I got married here on 3/24/18 and the moment I walked into the Vandiver for the first time I absolutely feel in love with the place. Upon seeing the pavilion I could immediately picture getting married there. The entire staff from Chasi who was willing to meet with me multiple times before I even committed to getting married there, to Liz my wedding coordinator, to Kim the innkeeper, the entire staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. They made us feel like we were part of the family and not just guests. Chasi and Liz were always very responsive and willing to answer any questions that I had. It was extremely helpful that the Vandiver has everything you need in one place. They literally take care of everything and their preferred venders list was very wonderful when it came to picking venders for services they don’t provide (DJ, photographer, hair and make/up...). All of the venders on the list were amazing and had worked at the Vandiver a million times which made for easy communication and coordination. They worked their timelines out with each other instead of me having to do it, which reduced my stress and allowed me to just have fun and enjoy my day. The venue is gorgeous and the food was delicious. Our entire wedding went off without a hitch. It was a wedding out of a scene from Gilmore Girls!! Our experience couldn’t have been better and my husband and I are already planning to return to the Vandiver just to spend the night and enjoy its charm!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Veronica · Married on 01/20/2018

After visiting the Vandiver Inn and seeing the beauty and comfort in person, I fell in love with the idea of having our wedding there. Everything went perfectly with the help of our event planner Theresa! She made sure that the 2 days we spent there (for the rehearsal dinner and wedding) was flawless. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and the cozy rooms throughout the inn. As the bride & groom, we didn't have to worry about anything for those 2 days as it was all taken care of!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Jennifer · Married on 01/13/2018

It is hard to put into words how amazing the Vandiver Inn is. From the day we booked the venue to the very end of our wedding weekend, the Vandiver was awesome. We had Liz as our coordinator and she was great. We went with all of her recommendations for the outside vendors and she nailed it. I felt like I could trust her judgement on everything. She was quick to respond to all my emails and text and was able to meet with me multiple times before the wedding.
    The wedding weekend was amazing. The mansion is so unique and it was just what my husband and I were looking in a venue. It was such a warm intimate space, perfect for our winter wedding. We had soo much fun and I feel like we did not have to worry about anything. The food was awesome. Kim, the innkeeper, took care of us and everything we needed the whole weekend. My husband and I both honestly say it was the best day of our lives. We are so excited to return for anniversaries and future Vandiver events.

Sent on 02/17/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2017

When I walked into the pavilion at The Vandiver Inn I got chills, this was exactly what I was looking for. Now don't get scared that I said pavilion, it has full HVAC and electricity.
    Our day of coordinator, Liz, was a god-send - and she was included in the cost of the venue! I think that was one of my favorite things about working with the Vandiver, there was no nickle & dime-ing us. Everything was included! And yes, there were up-charges for certain things, but they were upfront about everything unlike some of the venues that I visited before I saw The Vandiver.
    I also loved that the entire event was in the same location. We had the ceremony in the pavilion, the cocktail hour within the first floor of the mansion, and then back into the pavilion for the reception. It's also a bed&breakfast so the wedding party stayed at the Inn the night before the wedding. That made it a lot easier for getting ready too, we were able to bring in our hair & makeup girls so we didn't have to worry about leaving the venue.
    The wedding day itself was magical. We woke up and the girls & I had breakfast in my room while we got beautified. Even had a mimosa bucket in our ready room. Since Liz was there, we weren't interrupted with logistical questions. She took care of everything for us. We did a first look so we could take advantage of the sun light (November Wedding= early sunset), and the spaces that they had around the Inn were perfect for the first look and photos.
    After the ceremony, my husband and I went away for the "sunset sneak-away" and they had some hor'dorves packed up for us to take with us. Such a nice touch! The dinner that was served was delicious. But honestly, everything that I had tried there was amazing.

I couldn't have picked a better venue and I would totally recommend The Vandiver Inn to anyone looking for a wedding (or even party) venue!

Sent on 12/07/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/08/2017

My now husband and I were lucky enough to get married here Sunday October 8th 2017. And to say that it was amazingly perfect is an understatement. We could not have gone with a better location than we did. Liz and the team at The Vandiver made our wedding seriously the most perfect day of our lives. From beginning to end it was amazing. We have been working with Liz for what seems like forever now and she was always on top of everything and willing to help. She made the day possible and made it run so seamlessly. We could not have done it without her. And honestly she is probably the reason I was so calm the morning of because I knew that I could trust that it was going to be perfect. On top of being amazing at all she does she is seriously the sweetest person. And I am super grateful that we had her. All around the team at the The Vandiver made the day of amazing. The service was fantastic, the rooms were beautiful, and the food was impeccable. I definitely do not have enough words to describe how amazing the food was. And while I may be biased we are still hearing from our guests how amazing they thought the food was. The Vandiver seriously made our wedding day even more amazing and magical than we could've ever asked for. I am so grateful and thankful that we chose them and will highly recommend them to everyone. I cannot wait to celebrate future anniversaries here.

Sent on 10/31/2017