Vadnais Heights Commons Reviews

138 | Saint Paul, MN

138 Reviews for Vadnais Heights Commons

Kristen J. · Getting married on 09/04/2021

The Most Accommodating Venue!

The customer service has been incredible! Lorah has always been an advocate for us as we made hard decisions regarding Covid-19. VHC is both adaptable and accommodating. They will do everything it takes to make your dreams come true. It's truly a magical place. You will not be disappointed with the team behind VHC.

Sent on 02/21/2021
  • Amanda

Amanda R. · Married on 11/07/2020

VHC-beautiful and simple space you can make your own

We were so happy with Vadnais Heights Commons- Lorah and Amy were amazing planners and so kind and helpful. Planning our wedding amidst COVID was stressful and they were incredibly easy to work with. The space was beautiful and was able to accommodate a lot of people safely and comfortably. The larger main hall area looked so pretty for both our ceremony and reception and we loved it so much!

Sent on 12/13/2020

Taylor L. · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing Venue

We loved everything about this venue! Our planner Lorah referred us to the BEST vendors and made everything flow seamless. Very grateful. Thank you!

Sent on 01/20/2021

Brynne · Married on 10/03/2020

The perfect day

Everything was so beautiful and perfect we couldn’t have imagined getting married anywhere else! Lorah was so easy to work with and really made sure that all of our questions and concerns were answered and addressed during the planning process and Shannon was amazing the day of our wedding! She made everyone comfortable and made everything fun! We honestly could not have asked for anything more from everyone at The Commons!

Sent on 10/24/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen K. · Married on 09/18/2020

Amazing support!

We were devastated to move our May of 2020 wedding - Lorah and her team were so supportive with helping us navigate through so much uncertainty. VHC is gorgeous and Lorah was so responsive and took so much stress off our shoulders. Book VHC - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/20/2021
  • Kristen

Kristen B. · Married on 09/05/2020

VHC Flexiblity

We are grateful to have planned our wedding through VHC. Because of Covid-19, we have had to make some hard decisions. They were willing to refund us for the ceremony so we could hold a backyard wedding with family instead. They also moved our reception date to celebrate with family & friends the following year with no issues. Lorah is great to work with and so helpful! Not to mention, it's such a beautiful space too!

Sent on 06/02/2020

Michelle · Married on 04/01/2020

A Stunning Venue!

Vadnais Heights Commons is an incredibly beautiful place to host a wedding and reception. Our family has had the pleasure of hosting two winter wedding receptions at this venue, and it truly provides a magical backdrop for the special day! The building is gorgeous with a large foyer area, a two-sided fireplace, and a magnificent reception area that is large enough to accommodate 350 plus guests comfortably. The floor-to-ceiling windows allow for natural light to filter in during the day, and outdoor sparkling lights to provide a romantic glow at night time. The entire staff at Vadnais Commons was extremely helpful when planning the day. Lorah and Pam, event coordinators for VHC, met with us several times to go over various items regarding the receptions, and they were there to make sure the events ran smoothly. All of the vendors that we used from their preferred list - Donatelli's, Spicy Meatball DJ, Complete Beverage - helped make both weddings so memorable because of their organization and attention to details. We feel extremely blessed to have celebrated two family weddings in this stunning venue!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Theresa S. · Married on 11/16/2019

Loved VHC!

Our wedding reception at VHC in November was everything we could have wished for! The venue itself is stunning, from the high wood beams, fireplace, to the beautiful windows. The location is convenient as it is right outside of the busy downtown areas of St. Paul/Minneapolis and in a nice neighborhood area. All of the staff at VHC were extremely helpful, organized, and accommodating to ensure the day was what we had envisioned. They even let us hang outdoor Christmas lights on the trees outside! Their ‘preferred/required vendors’ made wedding planning easy with great options (Donatelli’s was amazing!) The timeline and process the VHC follows really helps alleviate stress on the bride and groom week of and day of! They sure take care of you. If I could choose VHC again, I definitely would!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Meghann W. · Married on 07/12/2019

Most beautiful venue with the best value and service!

Our company was looking for a new venue for our annual holiday party of 200 people. We toured a few different places but the Vadnais Heights Commons truly wowed us! Lorah made everything so seamless and easy. I thought I would be stressed the day of our event but everything feel right into place because she makes sure to nail down every little detail!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Patrick L. · Married on 06/01/2019

Vadnais Heights Commons is a winner!

We had an amazing day thanks to our beautiful venue, amazing vendors, and fantastic staff at VHC. All the vendors we used came as recommendations from VHC’s staff and they all did amazing jobs. Pam was great to work with and made sure our day was unforgettable.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Pete

Pete S. · Married on 05/18/2019

Phenomenal

We got married on May 18th of 2019 and could not speak higher about our experience at VHC. Pam was our wedding coordinator and made the planning process stress free and easy. The venue was beautiful on our big day and we received so many compliments from our guests. If you are looking at having your wedding at VHC you can feel confident that it will be a tremendous experience!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Kelly M. · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Venue with Lots of Natural Light

I've photographed several weddings at Vadnais Heights Commons and it's become one of my favorite venues. The staff is amazing to work with and the space is filled with lots of natural light. VHC also has some great indoor/outdoor space for large parties and it's just always a pleasure to work here.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Erin · Married on 02/08/2019

Our day was magical!

We had the most magical experience on our wedding day using the commons. Ask for Pam because she is the best ever to work with. She made sure every detail of the day was smooth and nothing short of a dream! You can easily dress the space up or down per your preference! We had so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Vadnais Heights Commons's reply:

Erin, it was an absolute BEAUTIFUL day start to finish! You were radiant, and so much family love in the room! A privilege to be a part of your celebration!

Rachel · Married on 07/21/2018

This was the very first venue we saw and we were absolutely amazed by the huge space, the natural lighting and the beautiful outdoor space for the ceremony. My husband and I were so impressed with the team at The Vadnais Heights Commons. Lorah, Pam, Kathleen, and Judy are the best of the best! Our day went according to plan, so smooth, and we couldn’t have done it without their help! We received so many compliments from friends and family alike, on how perfect the venue was, it was breathtaking. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a natural-feel, romantic spot for their wedding! We absolutely loved every minute of being there! 5 stars for sure!!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Vadnais Heights Commons's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! We loved working with you and making your day absolutely the day of your dreams!

Haley · Married on 06/09/2018

Vadnais Heights Commons was the perfect venue for my wedding! Its no only very pretty but the people working there were so nice and easy to work with. Lorah who you meet with several times was very informational and always kept you on track on the wedding planning. Amy the wedding coordinator went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Hong · Married on 05/05/2018

We had our wedding on May 5th, 2018. I would say our wedding was NOT the most traditional. But this defiantly did not scare Lorah, if anything Lorah and her team was even more supportive. Lorah gave us 150% of her time and energy. She gave us personal advice with our best interest in mind. We are very so lucky to have our very special day at Vadnais Heights Commons and to be able to say our wedding day was FLAWLESS. This defiantly would not have happened out the experience and step by step planning Lorah helped us with. Lorah and her team also stayed on top of the schedule and did a phenomenal job communicative with other vendors. The entire staff at Vadnais Heights Commons made sure everything went off like clockwork during the event. They were attentive the whole time and took care of anything we needed. We defiantly recommend this location for all of our personal friends and families.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Vadnais Heights Commons's reply:

Thank you, Hong! It was a pleasure working with you and making your wedding day dreams come true! Best to you and your family -- enjoy the beautiful memories!

Maren · Married on 01/27/2018

I got married at The Commons in January. Everything about our experience was incredible from the first step to the last. Lorah Palmer is amazing to work with and provides you with a list of vendors that you can know and trust will be the very best for you on your special day. Lorah’s organization and relationship with the vendors she works with took much of the stress away for us as we planned our wedding. Not to mention the place is absolutely beautiful!!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Laurie · Married on 12/09/2017

The Vadnais Commons was a perfect place for us to have my daughters wedding. It is a spacious but warm location with windows on two full sides of the main reception area. The entry and cocktail area is beautiful with the fireplace and, in December it had a beautiful tree with white lights where many guests took photos. Through the use of vendors, Grand Designs and Flore Inspired, we transformed the room into an elegant, breathtaking experience for our 265 guests. Creative Catering worked wonders with the food and we got many compliments. Spicy Meatball took amazing photos and also as the DJ kept the guest dancing until the very end. Photo booth Creations made an amazing guest book and Walter Mueller Studio has awed us with the wedding video. When you visit Vadnais Commons it is important to keep in mind how it will be with everything set up and how you can build your own vision. We loved it and so did our guests.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a very pleasant experience working with Lorah and others at The Commons. Lorah answered all of my questions in a timely fashion and was a joy to work with! We will recommend The Commons to everyone! The place is beyond gorgeous and the list of recommendations for caterers, photographers, etc. is very helpful and not to mention, awesome vendors! Thank you to everyone at The Commons for making our wedding day the best day ever!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

I cant even put into words how magical our wedding was at VHC. The venue is absolutely stunning and our day was PERFECT!! All the vendors did a fabulous job and made our day so special. Lorah the event coordinator was great to work with and helped us every step of the way. I highly recommend VHC. It’s a beautiful venue to make memories of your wedding!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Meghan · Married on 07/15/2017

You will not find a better venue than VHC! To start, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. You can dress it up as much as you want, but you really don't need much to make it sparkle. I guarantee a single visit will convince you this is the venue for you. However, what I truly loved was the professionalism and promptness of the coordinators I worked with. When it came down to finalizing the details in the last two months, their team did an outstanding job of following up with vendors and me. I couldn't believe how great they were. Lorah and Pam had all of my best interests and were ready to make the day as smooth as possible. They will ask a lot of necessary questions!! And from what I've heard, most coordinators are not this thorough. Our day was as smooth as could be and our day-of coordinator was everything we could ask for. She is an absolute necessity to your day. I was able to sit back and relax without any worries! And when one of the vendors had a little oopsie, they made sure to hold them accountable and fixed it all without involving me. This was a perfect day and I couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I both agree we did everything right in choosing this venue.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Kate · Married on 07/08/2017

The Vadnais Commons is a wonderful venue to celebrate a wedding! The staff and vendors work together to ensure a spectacular event! I would schedule a visit to The Commons before booking anywhere else!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Kaylee · Married on 06/30/2017

VHC is hands down the BEST VALUE for a wedding venue in the Twin Cities. Trust me, I did all the research and this place was phenomenal. I got so many compliments on the venue; people were absolutely floored by the facility. My fiancé and I really wanted a venue that was private, had outdoor space and was naturally beautiful. We also didn't want to have to worry about capacity issues with our fluctuating guest list, and I knew with this place we wouldn't have to deal with the stress of bumping up against maximum capacity issues (it's incredibly spacious). They also have vendor recommendations that they have fully vetted that are all fantastic (and economical!). This takes a lot of work out of finding, vetting and securing high quality vendors (caterer, DJ, decorator, etc.).

And as if the venue wasn't amazing enough on its own (it is), Lorah Palmer - your main point of contact - is outstanding. I cannot stress this enough, but if you have not planned a wedding before (the norm), you need someone on your team who knows what they are doing. Lorah is that person and then some; she is an absolute pro with countless years of experience. I know other reviews rave about Lorah, but let me tell you this: the fact that she is included in the venue cost is simply PRICELESS. I would have happily paid twice as much as we paid for the experience of working with Lorah (and we were on a tight budget). Everything from meeting with us throughout the wedding planning process as many times as we wanted to working with our cake vendor who happened to have "no record of our cake order" (Lorah had a beautiful cake there within an hour and had the company issue us a gift card that more than covered the cake), Lorah's involvement in our wedding planning and big day helped both the groom and I fully enjoy our engagement and bid day stress free. I always knew everything was in good hands, and that was absolutely priceless.

Book VHC for your big day - you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2017

P · Married on 06/17/2017

y daughter's wedding at Vadnais Heights Commons was wonderful! I had many guests tell me this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Lorah Palmer, the event coordinator was gracious, accommodating, and helpful from start to finish. To have her on site at the reception to handle anything that came up was perfect. Because VHC has a list of vendors to work with, we had a much easier time choosing our catering-Donatelli's-wonderful, DJ-Greg Ellis-awesome, decorator-Grand Designs-gorgeous-- and beverage service-Complete Beverage-perfect. All were splendid as well! A perfect day for the wonderful couple!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Carli · Married on 05/13/2017

Beautiful venue. Very professional advice and guidance throughout the whole process. Our wedding day was so relaxing and enjoyable because of staff at the VHC (Lorah in particular) had coordinated everything to a T! You will not be disappointed if you choose the VHC.

Sent on 05/29/2017