US Capitol Elopements Reviews

125 | Washington, DC

125 Reviews for US Capitol Elopements

Sheree · Married on 05/07/2011

Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns was wonderful. I called her one day in advance and she helped me with my vows, was on time, helped with rehearsal, was very professional and didn't make any mistakes when administering the ceremony. My family felt very comfortable with her, like she'd been a family friend for years. I highly recommend her services and look forward to maintaining her friendship as we retain her services for marriage coaching and spiritual guidance.

Sent on 09/12/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Sheree, thank you for sharing your experience with me and others. And yes, my door does not close with the end of the ceremony. It stays open to all couples who used my services. Please keep in touch. And thanks again for your review. It means a lot.

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2011

Absolutely Fabulous! Starlene Joyner Burns was responsive to our every needs. We needed to get married quickly and she helped; she suggested the venue and arranged everything to happen within a couple of days. She didn't charge any extra for an extremely expedited service.

Sent on 12/30/2011

Kimya · Married on 05/01/2011

My husband and I were married by Rev. Joyner Burns on May 1, 2011. Although I contacted several local officiants, Rev. Burns was by far the most professional, courteous, and responsive. She took the time to listen to our hopes for our wedding day and learn about us as a couple. I was a detail-oriented bride and I had very specific ideas about how I wanted the wedding to proceed. Rev. Burns listened to every idea I had and was diligent about incorporating my wishes into the ceremony. For those of you who may not be as anal-retentive as me, fear not! Rev. Burns comes prepared with an array of ideas and sample wedding services that you can adapt to your specific needs. Whether you are a spiritual, but non-practicing couple as we are, an interfaith couple, a God-fearing couple who hasn't found the right place of worship, Rev. Burns will respect your tradition and beliefs. She will provide you with a wedding ceremony that will honor who you are as individuals and a couple. I cannot say enough positive things about Rev. Burns! We think highly of her and we highly recommend her services!

Mrs. Darlington

Sent on 06/28/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Kimya, I save responding to this review until the baby came. Congratualtions on a new life, and thank you so much for this wonderful, heartfelt review. Please stay in touch and send me pictures of the baby.
  • F

Tonya · Married on 04/16/2011

Rev. Burns was a wonderful officiant for our wedding. She took the time to carefully walk us through our options and to learn about us as a couple to ensure she met our wishes for our ceremony. Upon meeting her you can tell that she is genuinely interested in collaborating with you to personalize your ceremony. She is also very organized and came prepared with materials that helped us better determine our ceremony style. We were truly happy that we had the opportunity to work with her!!

Sent on 09/25/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me and others. Now I can "boldly where no man has gone before." Just a little clip to show you that I remember your wedding well. Hugs.

Anthony · Married on 08/15/2010

Reverend Burns did a wonderful job of making us feel comfortable and giving us easy options for a customized ceremony.

Sent on 08/31/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Anthony, don't forget to contact me in 5 years. I want to see you and your wife still doing the wiggley worm. Thanks for the review, I knew your parents raised you well (NC yea).

Renita · Married on 08/14/2010

She is a very wonderful, kind, respectful and caring person. She listens to what you want. I would refer her services to anyone that i know that's getting married. She is just excellent!!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I always enjoy my job from the beginning to the end. And it is always a pleasure to know that a couple appreciates the work I do. Thanks for letting me know that God has lead me in the right direction. Blessings

Kimberly · Married on 08/12/2010

Reverend Burns gave us a beautiful ceremony. The way she spoke to us, I feel like I have known her for years. She was extremely helpful beforehand, answering any questions or requests we had in a prompt, professional, yet down to earth manner. She helped to make our day as perfect as it was. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the future.

Sent on 09/07/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I really had a ball at your wedding as your officiant and shoe less photographer. I will never forget you or your dogs. Give the hugs from me, and thanks for the great review.

Bill · Married on 08/09/2010

We had a fantastic experience with Rev. Burns.

Sent on 08/30/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thanks Bill for your kind words.

Charleata · Married on 07/24/2010

At first, Rev. Burns is very professional and detail oriented. After the formalities are confirmed, she is warm, thoughtful, funny and very accommodating. Our ceremony was personal. She spoke to us--to our hearts--which means she really took the time to see "us" and who we are together. We received many compliments from our family and friend who had never been to a wedding ceremony that was so personal. It wasn't the same words and phrases you always hear. Rev Burns spoke complete love over us and even advised us on what being the right partner means. We not only appreciate her as our Officiant but we count her as someone we can call on for spiritual advise in ANY aspect of our lives. We were blessed to meet her and would recommend her over and over again to anyone seeking an Officiant for their special day.

Sent on 08/12/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I will never forget you two, your wedding, nor your nephew. It was a hot day and we all felt it. I know I am just getting around to saying thank you for the review, so kindly forgive me. Many thanks, Rev. B.

Denise · Married on 07/17/2010

Everything was wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Thank you.

T · Married on 07/07/2010

Reverant Starlene Joyner Burns performed our wedding for us, and we have been very happy with the result! We located Starlene online, and were a little nervous. She talked to us over the skype, and we could see right away that she was a sincere and trustworthy person.
    Even though we only spent a little bit of time with Starlene, I am so glad I got to know her. I appeciate her ministry and would recommend her to any prospective couple.

Sent on 08/11/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

College Girl from CA, Thank you for sharing your review with others. I appreciate it.

Shinar · Married on 06/26/2010

Reverend Burns was wonderful!! We had recently lost our son and were very emotional, probably a little difficult and undecisive. She patiently walked us through finding a beautiful spot for our wedding and was very professional with our wishes to make the ceremony non-denominational. We really picked the first person who responded to do our wedding and we were very fortunate. I loved that she is up-to-date with technology it made the process smoother as we live a good distance from Maryland. Thank-you very much!

Sent on 09/16/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I hope everything is going well for you and that you are still moving forward as you slowing let go. Call me or Skype me; if you need to talk. Blessings Rev. B.

Johanna · Married on 06/25/2010

Rev Burns was a wonderful asset to our Same Sex marraige. She is willing to go the extra mile, right up to changing some of the wording at the last minute so that our daughters could participate over the phone at the last minute.

Rev Burns has incredable energy. She has a way of always feeling warm and fuzzy.

We have already, and will again in the future, recoment Rev Burns to our friends as the perfict person to go to for the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Bericka · Married on 05/16/2010

Reverand Burns was extremely professional! We enjoyed working with her, and we will refer her with glowing reviews.

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you, I enjoy working with you as well.

jamie · Married on 05/14/2010

Rev Burns was amazing. She created the perfect ceremony for me and my partner, even including our wonderful 6 month old son. She responded to our immediate request because we were visiting from Tennessee. We couldn't have been luckier to have found her!!

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I love to show couples how intuitive I can be. God is good, and thank you for your review. And I want you to know; I still remember your wedding, your son, and your guests.
  • Sherlene

Sherlene · Married on 05/01/2010

Rev. Burns was a pleasure to work with. She gave us exactly what we asked for and did it beautifully. Although we had never met her before our initial meeting for the ceremony, the warmth we felt from her at the ceremony felt like she'd known us for a long time.

Sent on 05/03/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Shelene and Moses, thanks for your review. Your wedding was beautiful and the food was great.

Nancy · Married on 04/24/2010

Rev. Burns was a pleasure to work with. She was prompt to respond to emails and answered all of our questions. We received many compliments on her ceremony. I would recommend her services. Thank you Rev. Burns!

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Naneki, thanks for your review. I know how busy you are with a kid, husband, and job. So I want you to know that your review is appreciated.

Dionne · Married on 04/18/2010

Reverened Burns provided a wonderful ceremonie for us. She responded to our call very promptly. She ws very personable with us. Rev Burns made a great effort to customize our cermony the way we wanted it. The words of our ceremony was very unique, powerful, and meaningful. We highly reccomend Chapel of Love ceremonies.

Sent on 06/06/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Dionne, I won't forget your wedding. It was an unpredicable day, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. Thanks for you kind words, they mean a lot to me. Blessings to you and your husband.

Laurel · Married on 04/13/2010

My partner and I were visiting DC within a limited time frame. We were able to apply for the marriage certificate and learned that we wouldn't be able to pick it up until the day we were leaving. I contacted Reverend Burns and she was extremely flexible and personable on the phone. After some more conversation and emails we settled on a possible location. This changed a few times for us and Reverend Burns adapted to our crazy schedule. She created a written ceremony and vows that truly touched our heart and soul. When the day came and we meet Reverend Burns we felt truly comfortable and had made the right decision.

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Laurel, you helped to make history here in DC. And thanks for sharing your kind words. I enjoyed performing your wedding, and it gave me an excuse to get some Krispy Creme Donuts :-)
  • W

William · Married on 03/18/2010

Wonderful, excellent, warm, loving and understanding!

Sent on 06/17/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you William for your kind words.

Diane · Married on 02/12/2010

I would recommend Rev. Burns to anyone who is looking for an Officiant....She was wonderful and her dog:))) what a treat to the event!!!!

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Diane, thank you and my dog thanks you. I know now not to trust him not to bark. Tears make him emotional :-)

Karen · Married on 10/24/2009

Rev. Burns performed a wonderful ceremony for our wedding. I received positive feedback from my guests that they liked how the ceremony flowed and how Rev. Burns spoke very well during the ceremony. The ceremony was tailored to what we wanted to be said and it was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Rev. Burns to someone if needed.

Sent on 11/03/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you Karen. It is always a pleasure to receive an honest critique of my services.
  • F

Falana · Married on 09/19/2009

My wedding was absolutely fabulous and the professionalism and courtesy of Rev.Burns was felt during the entire ceremony, both from my husband and I to our guests. I would definetly recommend Rev. Burns to anyone getting married. I will be in close contact with her when I have future events (i.e baby).
    Thank You for your all of your help!

Sent on 10/01/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Falana, I hope all is well with you. And I know that I thank you before. But now I want to thank you on this forum. Thank you for your review. I still remember those crab cakes.

Mayealie · Married on 08/08/2009

You were awesome! Many of our guests commented on how meaningful and moving the ceremony was. Alex and I enjoyed working with you!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Hi Alex & Mayealie,

I glad you and your guests enjoyed the ceremony. And I really appreciate your words of kindness about my services. Thank you so much for your review.

Christine · Married on 06/27/2009

Reverend Burns was absolutely wonderful. She was considerate, kind and beautifully dressed. We are so glad we found her to perform our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 11/16/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. And I am glad to know that my robe shows well to others. Blessings to you and your husband.