Urban Studio & Pearl Catering Reviews

63 | Portland, OR

63 Reviews for Urban Studio & Pearl Catering

63 Urban Studio & Pearl Catering Reviews

sydney · Married on 09/21/2018

It was very important to us to have delicious food at our wedding and Pearl Catering really wowed everyone. All of the food was so delicious, everyone was complimenting it. There had an amazing selection of foods to choose from and lots of ways to serve it. We had steak and salmon for dinner, both were tender and moist and perfectly cooked! The staff were quick and efficient and very professional. Nicole was phenomenal! I can't praise her enough, my whole family loved her and she went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred to Pearl Catering Company from Kimberly Morrill from Your Perfect Bridesmaid- and we are so grateful!!! Amazing food! Incredible staff! Ashely M. Was helpful the entire step of the way, from our tasting to the last few days before the big one where we had to add people to the list and a few changes to the menu. Thank you Pearl Catering Company and Staff!

Danika · Married on 08/18/2018

Working with Pearl Catering was amazing. They have professional and friendly staff members who are very communicative and experienced. Our day ran extremely smoothly with them and people are still talking about how good the food was!

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2018

Katie and Pearl Catering were absolutely amazing to work with! I highly recommend!! We found Pearl Catering as a recommended vendor from our wedding venue. Wow, we are so happy we went with them! We got to taste our food before committing to what we wanted for our wedding, which was so much fun. Katie made the whole process easy to understand, walked us through our options, and kept our budget in mind. We even coordinated the rentals through Pearl Catering which made our lives that much easier! The food was THE BEST. We had 4 passed appetizers during the cocktail hour, then different stations: mac n cheese bar, pulled chicken with corn salad, and tri tip with a hazelnut salad. Our guests didn't stop talking about how good the food was! Thank you Katie and Pearl Catering for a fantastic wedding. We really appreciate all of your help and the fantastic food!!!!

Urban Studio & Pearl Catering 1
    Urban Studio & Pearl Catering 2

Kendall · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Nicole and Pearl Catering. Food was so important to us and they worked with us the entire way to create a menu that was unique and perfect to us and our guests. We got married 2 months ago and I still have people raving to me about our food and how delicious they thought it was. Not only is their quality and taste of food fantastic but their service was amazing and prices were reasonable. They were absolutely amazing to work with and I can't recommend them enough.

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2018

Pearl catering (and Katie!) was nothing than amazing. Katie made the process not only smooth, but enjoyable. We live out of state and had specific times we had to do our tastings and have other meetings and Katie was always accommodating. They offer amazing food at reasonable prices. All of the staff was kind and professional on the day of and made sure it looked just how I wanted it. Our guests raved about the food saying it was some of the best they have ever had at a wedding!

Aliene · Married on 04/22/2018

Urban Studio and Pearl Catering is AWESOME!!!! My daughter and new son-in-law were married at Urban Studio on April 22, 2018. From day one of planning, Nicole was responsive, knowledgeable and professional. Not only did she respond to me, but coordinated with my florist and contacted my DJ who was not getting back to me or my daughter. I heard from him minutes after she contacted him. The food was AMAZING! By far, the most compliments we received from our guests was how good the food was and it was DELICIOUS. From start to finish, Urban Studio and Pearl Catering are the BEST. FYI, this is my 3rd wedding in 3 years :)

Urban Studio & Pearl Catering 3

Brooke · Married on 04/06/2018

We love Urban Studio and Pearl Catering! We started out with a bit of rocky start when the person we were working with was no longer working there right after we signed our contract, but once we got paired up with Nicole it was smooth sailing from there. Nicole was so kind and attentive to our needs. She knew our vision, and leading up to the wedding she walked through our day with us several times to ensure every detail was accounted for. Also, the day of she was a dream working with our friends and family in regards to set up, and with each of our vendors. We utilized Urban Studio as our reception space and it was everything we could have hoped for. We had approx. 70 guests and it was the perfect space for our guests to mingle and dance. Not only was Nicole amazing, but the entire staff was so kind and professional. AND Pearl Catering was AMAZING! We had so many compliments regarding the food that was served as well as the BBQ food truck we reserved through them. All in all, amazing experience!

Lindsey · Married on 01/06/2018

We LOVED planning our big day with Urban Studio. The entire staff knew how important it was and didn’t miss a beat when things didn’t particularly go our way day of. We loved the flexibility they had for tastings and choices on food for dietary restrictions and were willing to accommodate pretty much anything we needed. We had our dream wedding at Urban Studio!

Andi · Married on 12/31/2017

Food was amazing, the service was prompt and professional, they added decor to the buffet tables, which was a lovely touch. Highly recommended. You can go with their alcohol service, but if you can get your hands on beer and wine at a discount through personal/professional connections (like I did), they allow that, too. Loved Pearl Catering!!!

Dena · Married on 10/21/2017

Urban Studio was the first and only venue that my husband and I toured for our wedding. I knew it was exactly what I was looking for the minute we walked into the space. Its urban style perfectly balanced with the rustic décor we brought in to decorate. The location is in a central spot in the Pearl which was easy for our guests from all over town to access. Before the big day the Event Manager Nicole made me completely feel at ease and reassured me that everything would be handled. She was detailed, organized and had great suggestions. On our wedding day, Nicole and the Pearl Catering staff provided excellent service and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the event. Our friends and family loved the dinner Pearl Catering prepared and served and are still raving about the food!

Diane · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved Pearl Catering and Urban Studio! From the food, to the venue, to the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, our wedding was the wedding of our dreams thanks to these guys.

Looking for a caterer? Look no further. Guys, Pearl Catering is it. My guests were going back for seconds and thirds. My maid of honor was overheard saying "this food is so ******* good." Another friend said "don't tell my mom, but these potatoes are even better than hers." I heard comments from several guest throughout the night and the following weeks about how incredible the meal was.

Looking for a venue? Urban Studio was amazing because it can be easily decorated to make your vision come to life. I really love how versatile the space was. It was the perfect size for my wedding, which had 115 guests. Also with Urban Studio you get some of the best food in the Portland area (see above comments). Random thing I really appreciated: it was so nice having that little loft area available so my husband, the wedding party, and I could hang out during the cocktail hour and be away from the crowd.

One last thing, I just wanted to thank Kelly from the bottom my heart for being such an amazing coordinator. Kelly, thank you for putting up with my constant emails, for making sure every detail was perfect, and for even putting the flowers on the cake when the florist and bakery failed to communicate with each other. In general, thank you for going above and beyond.

Thanks again to everyone at Pearl Catering and Urban Studio!

M · Married on 06/10/2017

We researched a ton of caterers and event spaces and Urban Studio ended up being the most affordable and easy option for our 80-person wedding (although they can fit up to 150-ish people). The space itself is sort of an industrial blank space that you can really make your own. The food was delicious--people told me the Chicken Saltimbocca was the best wedding food they've ever had--and it was very easy to customize and to allow for specialized diets. My cousin with celiac disease told me it's the best she's ever eaten at a wedding because they were so accommodating to her dietary needs! They were very easy-going and overall very easy to communicate with. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Becky · Married on 06/04/2017

Pearl Catering's service was so great, we hired them before we even tasted the food! We were planning a destination wedding and only had a weekend to meet with vendors. We happened to meet Katie from Pearl while at a venue we were checking out and she met with us on the spot! When we went back for a second planning weekend and were finally able to do our tasting, we were blown away by how good the food was! It was hard to narrow down to exactly what we wanted because it was all so delicious! The day of our wedding, the food was just as good! Guests complimented that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Pearl was so accommodating as well. We wanted to have a heavy hors devours style dinner and they were able to take the full size entrees and convert them into "appetizer" sized dishes. And the mac 'n cheese bar was a huge hit! Katie also picked up our cupcakes that we ordered from another vendor and brought them to our venue the day of the wedding - at no additional cost. Pearl Catering really made our wedding a success!

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

I worked with Ashley and Pearl Catering for my recent wedding. It was perfect. I'm having a brunch wedding and had tastings before I did the tasting at Pearl Catering. There food does not taste good, but also look nice! Food looks like what you would expected to see for a ceremony, which I believe is pretty important for wedding catering. Since I was planning on combining lunch food and breakfast food together for my wedding, I actually did two tasting, and Ashley was nice enough to arrange two tastings for me! They were flexible enough to arrange any sort of combination of foods, as long as you mention, they will meet your request. Pricing was super reasonable for the food they provide. Actually the pricing was the best after I compared Pearl Catering with other caters I met. On they day-of, everything was awesome and all my guest love the food. Service was great! Everything was so organized and you do not need to worry at all. I'm really happy that I had the chance to work with Ashley!

Katrina · Married on 11/12/2016

We had Pearl catering do the food and bar for our wedding at the Foundry in Lake Oswego. Ashley was a huge help and really got what we were asking for. I was thoroughly impressed with the speed of responses and of their communication to us during the event. Ashley impressed me and my husband throughout the entire process and I would highly recommend Pearl Catering to anyone.

Jacqueline · Married on 07/30/2016

Katie Carver led the charge as Pearl Catering provided the food for our fabulous backyard wedding reception. Our wedding was July 30, 2016, and our guests are STILL raving about the food! I found Katie by her fantastic online reviews, and I am delighted to contribute to them at this point. Katie was flexible and accommodating, every step of the way. She had no problem when we found a more affordable vendor than hers for tables/chairs/etc. She brought us to one of her restaurants for a tasting, and we got to bring my in-laws for a fantastic experience! The staff that provided the service at our wedding was unfailingly energetic and helpful, and I was thankful to know that our beloved guests were always going to be treated well. I heard from our photographer that Katie's team delivered hot and perfectly cooked food, no matter the venue--that was definitely a correct assessment. Everything, from the steak to the pasta sides, was piping hot and fresh! And Katie herself is so darn communicative and helpful that our coordinator did not feel the need to charge us for an extra coordinating assistant. If you are looking for delicious food and a stress-free planning experience, look no further than Pearl Catering.

Lindsey · Married on 07/09/2016

We could not have picked a better location for our wedding. The venue itself was amazing, and gave us the freedom to decorate it the way we wanted. The food was absolutely INCREDIBLE and the staff was so helpful.

Working with Pearl Catering was a dream. I live in Seattle and got married in Portland, OR Last July. I worked with Katie for all of the planning and tasting. The process was seemless be she was always on top of the fine details I was forgetting about. Compared to other vendors, the price was very affordable. On top of that, all of our guests raved about our food, especiallly the cheese tortilini. At the wedding, the staff was flexible and willing to go above and beyond for us. I couldn't have been more impressed.

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

Pearl provided food and drinks for our wedding. They were fantastic. Food was delicious and they had a great selection of beer and wine. Everybody said the food was great as well. Would definitely recommend.

Pearl Catering and Urban Studio were the perfect combo for our wedding. Katie is one of the best catering leads I've ever worked with. (Yes, i do work in the event industry). She was responsive, flexible and so helpful on our wedding day. Her crew was as top notch as ever. Going around to visit with our guests during dinner we received so many compliments on the food, and after the wedding we heard over and over how great the venue was. It was perfect for our group of about 90 people. I would do it again at Urban Studio - no questions asked. Thank you Pearl Catering!

Lily · Married on 08/28/2015

Pearl Catering catered our wedding and we were very pleased with them. We worked with Ashley and she was very wonderful to work with. She made sure to coordinate everything with our other vendors as well. We rented some furniture and decorations through WCEP and Ashley made sure everything was set up just the way we want it. She also made a special run on the day of the wedding to buy last minute candles (because I forgot to specify that I wanted candles in the lanterns). The food was very delicious and everyone commented on how good it was. We also had a special food item (authentic appetizer dish) and they worked with us to try and create a perfect recipe for that dish. They were very flexible and tried their best to work with our budget.
    On the day off, Ashley made sure that my husband and I got food (they plated it for us and brought it to us and made sure we ate) and they made sure I had my favorite drink in my hands.
    We were definitely pleased with their service.

kristin · Married on 07/18/2015

We worked with Katie at Pearl Catering and she was absolutely amazing from day one!! She had us come in multiple times for tastings to find out exactly what our food style for the big day was she offered many different options that weren't in the wedding packet and would have additional items to try that we hadn't even asked for! They even had waffles and pancakes made for our kids who were joining us for the tasting! Since we didn't have a day of coordinator Katie really stepped up to make sure our day was perfect! She did a walk thru of the venue with us a month before the wedding and dealt with the venue manager who was a nightmare! The day of the event was perfect!! Katie was there making sure everything was ready to go and all the other vendors knew what to do and when. The food was amazing and everyone was complimenting us all night! Thanks to Katie and Pearl Catering our reception was absolutely perfect and I could enjoy it completely stress free!

Nichole · Married on 07/18/2015

The food and service were both awesome. The staff was top notch and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Kelly · Married on 06/20/2015

We chose to have our wedding here. We liked that the venue is sophisticated but also very versatile and we love the location. Working with Aurelia was an absolute pleasure. She was easy to contact and she answered all of our questions. Everyone at the wedding loved the food. Many said it was the best food they have had at a wedding. The staff that day was awesome...they were helpful, friendly and efficient. I didn't see anyone being rude or unfriendly. Everyone was all smiles. I loved being able to escape to the loft above the bar. I loved the couches. I loved the people walking by and looking in at our fun party. Everything was perfect and I am really glad we chose to have our wedding here. Our guests were all staying within walking distance so parking wasn't an issue for us. Thank you so much Urban Studio! It was perfect!