Urban Allure Events Reviews

Urban Allure Events 6
Urban Allure Events 7
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/27/2018

Like a best friend planning your wedding

There is no other planner I would look to than Nicole to help in the planning and coordinating of weddings. She is professional, efficient, and responsive, even for a bride who has a hard time making decisions and who needs to talk through everything. On the day of our wedding she went out of her way to pick up cookies from family across town for the reception and dropped off boxes that I had misplaced but desperately needed for getting ready. She was on top of it all and did it with a calm demeanor that immediately put me at ease. I cannot thank her enough for being that positive, supportive, knowledgeable influence on such a momentous day so you should help me in doing so by booking her! You won't be disappointed.

Jeff Wang · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing! Made our day extra special!

Nicole was amazing from start to finish! At first, I was skeptical of needing a planner but my wife convinced me into it. Whatever makes her feel better for our wedding day I said. But I'm so glad that we hired Nicole as our day of planner. She was incredibly helpful and hands on, not just for the day of but the entire month leading up until our wedding day. She was a big reason our day was so incredible.. We couldn't recommend her more and if you're looking for a planner to make your day extra special, Nicole is the perfect planner!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Jeff!!! We loved being a part of your wedding day and had so much fun planning with you two!

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best Wedding Coordinator Hands Down

Nicole was the rockstar of our wedding. She was super chill and she made sure everything went according to schedule in a calm and efficient manor. She was so helpful for us throughout the planning phase of our wedding and leading up to the day she took over and made sure everyone had the information they needed. We had the absolute perfect wedding day, we were ahead of schedule and happy the whole day, and that is due in large part to Nicole! Look no further than Urban Allure Events for your wedding planning and coordination needs. They are industry experts, with great connections, and professional through and through.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Nicole and Urban Allure Events are amazing!

Could not recommend Nicole (lead coordinator and owner of Urban Allure Events) more! We hired her for month of coordinator services and she was amazing! She is extremely professional and never stressed about anything. She put me at ease and everything went off perfectly day of. Our wedding was at Room 1520 and she is super familiar with the space and knew all of my vendors, who all highly recommended and loved working with her. If you are looking for a wonderful wedding coordinator, look no further!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! Your wedding day was absolutely beautiful and we are so glad we could be a part of it!

Jen · Married on 09/15/2018

We can’t say enough about Nicole. She was amazing from start to finish making sure that no detail was left untouched. We worked closely together leading up to the wedding so that on the day of, I could sit back, relax, and take it all in knowing that see would have it covered. And she did. She helped bring my dream wedding into reality! We are so grateful for her!

Anna · Married on 09/14/2018

I would highly recommend hiring Urban Allure Event. I worked with Nicole and it was a dream. She was willing to above and beyond what I asked her to do and made everything easy and fun! You can tell she's been in the wedding industry for a while because she has so many tips to make sure it's perfect. I loved that I could sit back and relax and know that everything was taken care of. She has a great eye for design and styling and had awesome ideas to make sure things were that much better. Hands down my favorite event or wedding planner in Chicago. 10/10 recommend. If there was a Golden Globe for wedding planners then Urban Allure Events should get it.

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2018

We hired a wedding coordinator for two reasons 1) so we didn't have to "work" our wedding and 2) so there was someone ready to deal with any issues that could potentially arise on the big day. Nicole and her team delivered on both fronts. Not only was she great to work with leading up to the wedding...recommending vendors, helping my mother-in-law plan the rehearsal dinner, picking up our personal items etc - but she was an absolute life-saver the day of. There were NUMEROUS challenges that came up on our wedding day. It rained on-and-off the entire day, the photographer was a half hour late, the shuttle that was scheduled to pick up our guests was an HOUR late (stay far away Infinity Transportation!!), the floral coordinator we worked with to plan our event was sick and the person they sent clearly didn't get the notes on our decor scheme. Nicole and her team handled it all in stride to the point where we almost didn't even notice! Nicole was on the phone non-stop with the shuttle driver, dispatch, and hotels to work through the situation and she made sure every last one of our out-of-town guests had arrived before starting the ceremony so they didn't miss out. All this craziness was unknown to my husband and I until she had a clear plan and found the right time to tell us. Nicole & her assistant ran for umbrellas when the rain started up right before the ceremony, helped direct the floral coordinator to set up our dinner decor, and worked with all our other vendors to make sure they could accommodate when the timeline got pushed back. This girl is cool as a cucumber under pressure and I can't imagine how stressful it would have been had we hired someone else. We couldn't recommend Urban Allure Events more!

Mike · Married on 08/11/2018

Nicole is absolutely wonderful! Saved so much time and energy with her help.

• F

Freda · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly recommend. Your planner is with you every step of the way. They do as much (or as little) as you require. Response time is always lightning fast, and they keep an eye on those vendors so you don't have to. They will keep you sane and get you organized, show up before you on your big day, and stay long after your guests leave so that you can actually enjoy your day.

Brad · Married on 07/07/2018

If you are planning your wedding, you need to hire Nicole at Urban Allure Events.

My fiancé and I were married in Chicago this past July 2018 and hired Nicole early in the process. Not only was she remarkably well-connected with the Chicago wedding scene (she ultimately recommended our venue, makeup artist, and photographer), but she took the time to get to know my fiancé and me, and understand our likes and dislikes.

In the month leading up to the wedding, Nicole was a godsend. She streamlined much of the communication between our various vendors and created a master schedule for the entire wedding weekend—encompassing everything from the rehearsal dinner to the day-after breakfast. And during the hectic week of the wedding, Nicole kept our schedules free. She worked in the background to ensure that we could just enjoy the week and spend time with our family and friends. Nicole not only filtered out the unnecessary minutia of the pre-wedding craziness (from coordinating vendor needs to handling the placement of the centerpieces, decorations, and signage) but anticipated details that we had never even considered (like vendor meals and parking). I witnessed Nicole handle a tremendous amount of the work, and I am convinced that is only the tip of the iceberg. So much of her work and organizational genius occurs without anyone noticing.

By the time of our wedding, she was the ringleader. She anticipated our needs before we had even realized they were required and was always ready with a drink or plate of food. While we were eating, she was getting ready for the speeches, and while we were dancing, she was already getting ready for the teardown. Most importantly, she tackled our event with grace, patience, and empathy.

Hire Nicole; you will not regret it.

Lindzi · Married on 06/16/2018

To say that Nicole and her team turned my wedding dreams into a reality would be an understatement. Nicole swooped in a little more than halfway through the wedding planning process to take all of the stress off of my shoulders. Most of the vendors were set and the vibe chosen, but Nicole came in like the conductor of a symphony and brought all of them together in perfect unison for the big day. We even had a backdrop crisis about 2 weeks before the wedding (the venue changed what we picked) and Nicole came to the rescue with the perfect vendor when my crazy idea for balloons and flowers popped into my head. She even made sure that vendor respected my budget. I can't recommend Nicole and her team enough!

Urban Allure Events 12
    Urban Allure Events 13
    Urban Allure Events 14

Ashley · Married on 04/26/2018

We hired Nicole from Urban Allure Events as our day-of wedding coordinator. She was absolutely amazing. Although we did a lot of the vendor research on our own, she was always a great resource for us when we needed suggestions. She is so much more than a day-of coordinator. She was really an integral part of our wedding planning, because she was a support system for us through the whole process. She was always available via e-mail or to meet for coffee and let me know if I was on the right track with my to-do lists. Nicole has the calmest, warmest, kindest personality. This helped me to keep my stress level down. I'm telling you, I wouldn't have been about to do that without her. She is one of the most organized people I have ever met, she has a great eye for detail and she is easygoing. Most of our vendors had worked with her before, and were so thrilled when they found out she would be there because they love working with her. Two days before the wedding she came by and swooped up all of our DIY decor, hotel gift bags, my dress, you name it. I thought those last couple days would be hectic and stressful, but she took all of that away and made sure we were relaxed and able to enjoy our time with friends and family. I could go on and on about her. Every family member and bridal party member loved her. She is amazing at what she does, and we feel lucky she was recommended to us by Room 1520. She helped to make our wedding the best day we could have imagined!

Pippa · Married on 04/06/2018

I was trying to organise my elopement in Chicago from Australia and it was proving to be impossible until I found Nicole from Urban Allure Events! Nicole made planning our elopement stress free. All of the vendors were amazing and I can not speak more highly of the service we received. Our wedding day was magical and I am so thankful to Nicole for helping bring our vision to reality.

Urban Allure Events 15
    Urban Allure Events 16
    Urban Allure Events 17
    Urban Allure Events 18
    Urban Allure Events 19
    Urban Allure Events 20

Eileen · Married on 03/31/2018

My husband and I got married March 31, 2018 at Ovation in Chicago, and Nicole was beyond instrumental in making our day perfect and incredibly special.

We were so very glad that we decided to work with Nicole after a wonderful recommendation given to us by Tricia Clarke, who amazingly transformed my makeup/hair for the day. When I spoke with Nicole for the first time, I knew right away that she was kind, friendly, super knowledgeable, professional, crazy organized, and so down to earth and sweet. After that conversation, it was obvious that we should work with her for our day-of wedding coordination

And we're so glad that we did! Our wedding day was flawless and came together so well. We couldn't be more grateful to her for executing our wedding day vision perfectly! And to her husband, who was a magician in hanging our copper piping ceremony backdrop. :)

Also hugely important, Nicole eliminated any and all stressors for us and went above and beyond in ensuring we were happy with every single details about decor, logistics, etc. This meant that we could relax the week/day of our wedding and not have to worry about anything! That. Was. The. Best.

Bottom line: we LOVED working with Nicole, and would recommend working with her and her team to anyone and everyone!

Urban Allure Events 21
    Urban Allure Events 22
    Urban Allure Events 23
    Urban Allure Events 24

Amy · Married on 02/24/2018

My husband and I got married February 24, 2018 in Chicago at Salvage One. I met with multiple planners after we got engaged and then on the recommendation of two friends who had just recently been married, I met with Nicole. In the first few minutes after meeting with her, I already knew she was the one! Throughout the wedding planning process, Nicole went above and beyond for us. I can not say enough wonderful things about her was a wedding planner and also as a person. She always followed up after our meetings and I never once questioned if she was going to get things done. I truly enjoyed the planning process and Nicole is the main reason that I am able to say that.
    During the weeks leading up to the wedding, Nicole took on all the tasks that a bride should never have to think about or deal with. She was calm, cool and collected on the day of the wedding and without being pushy or intrusive, kept us on schedule and made sure we had everything we needed and that our day was perfect. I will never forget the end of the night when the wedding was over and my husband and I were dreading packing up and cleaning. We walked in to the bridal suite and Nicole had everything organized and then ordered us a car to take us back to the hotel. It was so thoughtful and meant so much to us to be able to get back to our suite and relax without having to worry about anything.
    So needless to say, Nicole and Urban Allure were worth every penny and I would definitely recommend them!!!!

Ben · Married on 02/17/2018

We got married in Feb 2018 at Room1520 and used Nicole as our DOC. Cannot say enough great things, and if she charged twice as much she would be amazing value. Nicole is extremely familiar with Room1520, so she had a lot of great insights on room layout, table setup, vendors, etc. She has also worked a lot of weddings so just generally helped us along the way with various details on timeline and décor. Leading up to the wedding Nicole coordinated all of our vendors and helped organize all other key details of the wedding. Most importantly, on the actual day of the wedding, we did not worry about a thing. We drank, mingled and danced all night, and that freedom on your wedding day is priceless.

It snowed on the actual wedding day and Nicole stood outside with us to assist with awesome winter pictures. When the bride’s dress got muddy before the ceremony, Nicole herself colored the dirty areas with white chalk. She was the first one there and last one to leave on the wedding day. These are just a few examples of the many times Nicole went above and beyond while working with us. Looking back, we highly recommend that all couples consider using a DOC, and Nicole executed better than we ever could have expected!

Thanks Nicole!

Amanda · Married on 12/31/2017

Urban Allure was great to work with! Great with communication and helping me stay calm during the whole wedding planning process. Anney was with us on our NYE wedding and did amazing making sure everything went smoothly even in the blistering cold! :) Thanks again Urban Allure!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you Amanda! We can't wait to see all the pictures! :)
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2017

Nicole was an integral part of the success of our big day & we cannot recommend her enough. She was professional, knowledgeable & she had a gift for simply putting our minds at ease.. which during the wedding planning process is priceless!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you Kelly! Your NYE wedding was a blast! Can't wait to see all the photos!

Alexandra · Married on 12/08/2017

Nicole was an absolute angel helping us plan our winter wedding. The moment we met with her we knew she was the perfect fit, very laid back and confident we could the wedding within our budget. We hired her for “partial planning” but felt like did even more than that and was there every step of the way. She was a lifesaver because we had no idea where to look for various vendors and helped us narrow down and negotiate prices (which I hate doing). We had an unfortunate event with our caterers and Nicole had our back and fought for us. The night of the weddding she stayed the entire event and made sure everything ran smoothly! She’s a wonderful planner, highly recommend.

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

I could not imagine getting through my wedding day or the planning process without Nicole. Whether it was providing vendor recommendations, helping me organize my day of timeline, or thinking of every detail on my wedding day, Nicole was my right hand through it all. Her calm personality and expert experience resulted in the wedding day running so smooth, and I was relaxed the entire day. She thought of every detail I forgot and made sure everything was perfect. Hands down the best vendor I hired for my wedding!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Steph! We loved celebrating with you and Jordan!

Brittany · Married on 09/23/2017

Anney and Nicole helped out in a pinch! They were so helpful!! Can’t sing their praises enough!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you Brittany! Glad we were able to be a part of your wedding!

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Nicole and Urban Allure Events! We hired Nicole to be our DOC for our September wedding after she was recommended by a friend of mine. From the moment we connected, it was clear that Nicole was very organized, experienced and someone who we could trust to make sure our big day went perfectly.

Even though we technically only hired Nicole for the day of our wedding, the support, recommendations and experience she shared in the weeks and months leading up to our wedding day were invaluable! Every time my husband and I were feeling overwhelmed by the number of details we needed to attend to, Nicole was there via text, phone or email to calm our worries and assure us that everything would get done.

The day of our wedding, Nicole made sure everything went smoothly despite the fact that I was running behind schedule and the air conditioning at our venue was not working at full capacity (on a 90 degree day)! The day was everything we could have hoped for and so much more, thanks to Nicole. We cannot recommend Urban Allure Events highly enough! They are worth every penny!

Ashton · Married on 09/17/2017

We can't thank Nicole enough for helping us put together an incredible wedding for us and our guests. Weeks later we are still getting compliments on our wedding. Nicole has always been super responsive, and available to meet or answer questions. Her laid back demeanor was a relief during what felt like stressful planning. She was extremely organized, and put together timelines and floor designs exactly the way we asked. The day of, she and her assistant Anney took charge and let us know we had nothing to worry about, and they were right. They put everything together, and it seemed like they didn't even break a sweat. I'd recommend them to anyone planning not just a wedding, but any event. This was the easiest review I've ever written.

Sent on 10/05/2017
    Urban Allure Events 29
    Urban Allure Events 30
    Urban Allure Events 31

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Love all the photos!! What a great wedding for you guys! Thanks for the amazing words and most importantly for letting us be a part of your big day!

Jim · Married on 09/10/2017

We hired the wonderful Nicole for our wedding at Room 1520 last month to be our day of coordinator. She was super helpful throughout the planning of the wedding, quickly responding to email questions leading up to the event and working with our vendors in professional manner. We had some big challenges thrown our way a few days/weeks before the ceremony and I don't think we would have recovered fully if it wasn't for Nicole's help. Knowing she was there to help us overcome any obstacle greatly reduced our stress level. On the big day she was totally in control and in her element. We didn't have to worry about making sure things were laid out correctly or vendor deliveries were on schedule. She handled it all and had our day so well planned we were ahead of schedule for most of the day. Thanks Nicole!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Urban Allure Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jim! We loved celebrating with you and April!