Uptown Theater Reviews

Uptown Theater 2
Uptown Theater 3
  • Ashley

Ashley Habernal · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Albe and Miranda were both super helpful and the tour was amazing!

Quick to respond more than enough information made me feel at ease and gave us the “bible” to a potential wedding with them!!!

Sent on 03/05/2019
    Uptown Theater 4
    Uptown Theater 5
    Uptown Theater 6

Shelby A · Getting married on 03/14/2020

Best looking venue in town

They have made everything so easy trying to book/plan our wedding. I cant wait for our big day!

Sent on 02/09/2019

Sheila · Married on 06/02/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue or the coordinator Albe. I helped to organize my sister's wedding 06/2018 and once we had the venue, I knew things would work out. Albe is so on top of her game, she is extremely organized and really had the couple's best intentions kept at the forefront of the night. I would highly recommend her and this venue to anyone. The venue is very romantic, there is lighting specific to the event that just adds to this venue's unique offerings. Albe and the uptown team gave my sister everything and more that she wanted in her reception.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/16/2017

After a lot of contemplation and research, we decided on the Uptown Theater for our wedding reception venue. We are so glad we did! Albe was incredible to work with, very thorough, extremely helpful, and reliable. She made the process much less stressful and even gave suggestions to make it even easier for us on our big day. The space itself looked spectacular with the staff to match it. The food was top notch and the bar selection was out of this world. No problems whatsoever. We had such a wonderful reception, and it is truly all thanks to Albe and the folks at the Uptown!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Neal · Married on 10/29/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. My wife and got married in the Broadway Room of Uptown Theater this past weekend. The whole process from start to finish was flawless. I have way too much to say for one review so I'll try to shorten it down into a list. Albe was our coordinator with the venue, and she was so helpful and easy to work with. She had answers to every question and made tying the whole thing together so much less stressful than it would have been otherwise. I would 100% use Uptown again based purely off of how easy she made everything. I cannot stress this enough. Since Uptown has a kitchen and a liquor license all of the food and alcohol is condensed into one vendor, and that's all handled behind the scenes. The food and drink was delicious and the bartenders did a phenomenal job. The cook even worked around different dietary restrictions and requests (that I had forgotten to mention until the day of because I'm awful). They just added new LED lights that let you change the color of the room, and it really added something to the event. The pictures are amazing and having the lighting match wedding colors is something I didn't know I would appreciate this much. That plus putting your name up on the marquee out front really make for some great pictures. We had a short notice issue (as in the week of the wedding) with a vendor that was not Uptown's fault, but I received a call from the GM that filled me in on everything I needed to know and how they were going to handle it. It turned what should have been a huge problem into something positive. The new vendor they picked out to replace the old one was fantastic and I didn't have to worry about switching anything over or gathering all new information. All in all the night could not have gone better. I could go on and on about how phenomenal the experience was, and how everyone loved the venue, and how perfect the night was. If you're even THINKING about using Uptown I recommend reaching out to them

Sent on 11/02/2016

Denise · Married on 09/10/2016

This venue is absolutely beautiful and worked very well with our vintage themed wedding (it would fit in with any other theme as well!). Very good lighting, spacious, lots of parking, several things included in the price that really helped out a lot! The staff was very professional and extremely helpful. They understood our vision for our big day and beautifully executed it. They handled our decorations and left us with nothing to worry about other than celebrating our wedding. Very organized staff and Albe was JUST A WONDERFUL GEMSTONE of a person who ensured our entire evening went smoothly. I was a very calm bride because the staff handled everything for me. The food was DELICIOUS and they have affordable alcohol packages as well. The theater is so beautiful and so well maintained that it added to our overall decorations - very vibrant in color. We were very pleased with this venue the very first time we saw it and we knew we made the right choice. Our guests loved the venue and were well taken care of by the organized, courteous and helpful staff. We highly recommend this venue for your occasion and you can trust the staff on delivering a pleasant experience! Thanks again for all your hard work on making our evening so special and memorable and just the way we wanted it!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Trista · Married on 12/13/2014

Alicia and Albe were so great to work with. The whole staff worked hard to make our day so wonderful. They even let us use my parents dog as our ring bearer and that was awesome! Great food and great service!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jenny · Married on 11/08/2014

We had our wedding reception in the Broadway room and this was the least stressful part of our whole day! The Uptown did a great job of keeping the night flowing and our dance floor was full the whole night thanks to their DJ! ! The food was great too, we didn't ask for children food and they brought out chicken fingers and fries with no additional charge. Affordable and professional! We would definitely recommend them

Sent on 11/27/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/11/2014

I sincerely feel like choosing the Uptown was the best choice we made when it came to our vendors. They made everything so much easier and we truly got a lot of bang for our buck. Albe and her team are pros at weddings so it feels like you have a team of wedding coordinators the whole time. From the bartenders to the security staff, everyone was friendly and professional. Trust me, take the time to go tour the building - there is a style/room to suit everyone!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Janet · Married on 10/10/2014

We were very satisfied with the planning and execution of our reception. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the nice event space and the delicious appetizer dinner buffet. Alicia was very professional and guided us through each step in planning our reception. The catering staff and bartender did an exceptional job in seeing that all of our needs were met. The Broadway Room was the perfect space for dining and dancing. We highly recommend the Uptown to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Bert · Married on 06/14/2014

Albe and her staff at the Uptown Theater were a delight to plan our daughter's wedding with over the last year. They were highly organized and professional and the wedding ceremony in the Broadway room with the reception in the Theater room was a perfect event for us. The food was great and the lighting creative and Trudy was a gem to help at the rehearsal and wedding. We loved everything about our choice there and now have memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Becca · Married on 06/22/2013

Made our day so wonderful! Beautiful venue, great food, helpful and organized staff.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Laurel · Married on 05/18/2013

My wedding at the Uptown in the main theater was magical!

I highly recommend Kim and the Uptown staff. She was so organized, I had zero stress the day of the wedding. I was able to sip champagne in the green room while having my hair and make-up done, carefree. The event ran smoothly and my guests had a blast. I wasn't crazy about the food when we had our initial tasting. I expressed this to Kim and she assured me that she would make it right - and she did. We had an additional private tasting and the food was excellent at the wedding.

The theater space is dramatic, elegant and fun. We were married on the stage and the staff quickly flipped the room for the reception. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Uptown - they made my wedding an unforgettable experience!!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Brandi · Married on 12/15/2012

If you are looking for a venue that provides excellent all around service, the Uptown Theater is the place for you! I just got married in the Valentine Room and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. The food was great and the lighting and atmostphere was absolute perfection! I've received nothing but compliments and I have the Uptown staff to thank for that. Natalie (coordinator) ensured that everything ran smoothly. She was extremely patient and just a calming presence. Overall Natalie, Kim and everyone else we worked with was so nice and helpful and they really made my wedding day special!!

Sent on 12/21/2012

Barbara · Married on 08/11/2012

The Uptown was so perfect for our daughter's wedding. She had the wedding ceremony and reception here. I was a little concerned about everything being done in one room but the room flip went so easily and fast! These people are professionals! Kim made everything PERFECT for us. She handled absolutely everything for us. The entire event went flawlessly! I would definitely use this venue again if I only had another daughter. I cannot say enough about how valuable Kim was to us. Her staff is so amazing also. You can relax and enjoy the event without a single worry!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Sonya · Married on 06/19/2010

Kim Anderson and the rest of the staff at the Uptown Theater were absolutely amazing both leading up to our wedding with their responsiveness and helpfulness, as well as making our wedding go smoothly and turn out so special! This is a very unique venue and Kim and the rest of the Uptown staff definitely exceeded our expectations in every aspect. We had both our ceremony and reception in the Theater Room, and Kim was always there to respond to email and phone call questions, even for the smallest details, and had everything planned out, organized and ready to go to fit our needs and make sure everything was perfect! We had input in absolutely every relevant detail, and everything went great! I would recommend the Uptown Theater as a great venue for anyone who wants a unique wedding that's going to be smooth, easy and wow all of your guests!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Emily · Married on 05/01/2010

I cannot say enough good things about the Uptown Theater. Kim, the event coordinator, is absolutely THE BEST!!!! Everything ran smoothly and beautifully. She was always there to answer questions and keep things moving, but was never intrusive or pushy. Absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/09/2010

I'm so glad that we went with the Uptown's Broadway room for both our ceremony and reception. Kim Anderson is amazing and went with all our ideas, even the odd-ball ones. Everything went so smoothly and the staff was so nice to everyone. The food was spectacular. I love the Uptown!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2009

Working with the Uptown staff was the best experience in planning my wedding. I have been to many weddings and everyone agreed that I had the best food at mine provided by the Uptown's kitchen. Kim was great! She answered all of our questions, showed us the room three times as my family, husband and myself are on different schedules. And helped us to get the best price in town!! Anytime I need to rent a space I will return.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Courtnie · Married on 08/01/2009

We had our wedding reception in the theater at Uptown on August 1, 2009, and it was AMAZING. We booked a year and a half in advance and Kim Anderson worked with us throughout the whole time period. She was wonderful to work with and very accommodating. She and the Uptown staff took care of coordinating with all of our vendors the day of the wedding, and she even arranged to set up all of our rental items that did not have set up included (e.g., table overlays, favors, etc.) at no additional charge. The food was delicious - we got so many compliments from our guests! We were also able to get ready in the Uptown dressing rooms prior to the wedding which was a lot roomier than trying to do it at the hotel. Though the venue fee is a little high compared to other local venues, it is totally worth it. I had no need for a wedding planner/coordinator with Kim's help, so in that sense it saved me a little money!

Sent on 08/11/2009
  • Emi Jo

Emily · Married on 06/20/2009

The staff at the Uptown was more than accommodating and happy to help in anyway they could! Plus they had a lot of great recommendations.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Tara · Married on 01/31/2009

We had our reception in the Broadway Room. It was fantastic. The food, catered in house, was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Kim Anderson, the coordinator, is AMAZING. She is very helpful.

For a bride looking for an all-inclusive, hands-off reception, The Uptown is one of the best venues in the city.

Sent on 02/17/2009

Janelle · Married on 11/03/2007

We LOVED having our wedding at the Uptown. They could not have been easier to work with, and what an amazing venue! I had so many people compliment us on it. It really was just like being in a fairy tale. They offered so much for us too...parking attendants, lighting specialist, we got to get in at 10am, awesome food... It really was very nice having both the ceremony and the reception in the same place. We got married in the main theater, so I can't speak for the other rooms. But everything that I experienced, was just wonderful from them.

Sent on 11/08/2007

Kristen · Married on 03/04/2007

The Uptown is fabulous!! I cannot comment enough on their services. Their staff was so professional and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate us. Our guests are STILL raving about the food. Their food was to die for!!! They are expensive, but if you're looking for a one-stop-shop to provide everything for you, it's so well worth the money. I loved everything about working with them. They are very detailed oriented and make sure that everything goes off without a bump in the road. Thanks a lot Uptown!!!

Sent on 07/24/2007

I really really enjoyed working with Albe. She was amazing and very flexible. There were no hard rules and we got to customize the wedding to exactly our tastes. At times we would email her and not hear back from her for a week but I assume it's because she is super busy with all the events she coordinates. When it was important though she got back to us quickly.
    Secondly the wait staff and light man etc... were absolutely amazing and soooo friendly!
    We were worried about the food because it was all dry and not too appetizing at the tasting but Albe assured us the food would taste much better at the actual dinner because they are making fresh and it is served right away and she was absolutely right.
    I would definitely do my wedding all over again with them!
    The DJ that comes with the uptown wasn't very available prior to our wedding so we met her on the day of our wedding. She had some family stuff going on though so I won't hold that against her. She did a good job though with the little preparation she had done.

Sent on 08/10/2015