unoaked. Event Design & Production Reviews

46 | Newport Beach, CA

46 Reviews for unoaked. Event Design & Production

• Erin

Erin · Married on 05/30/2020

The PERFECT day because of Adam & Alex!

I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding, and I can't imagine her wedding day without the help of Adam and Alex. They both took away any worry/stress. Adam handled the rehearsal and got 20-30 people (bridal party, family, singers) prepared in a very short amount of time. He took multiple boxes of decor, signage, and other items that needed to be set up on the day of and made us feel like everything was truly out of our hands from that point. Everything ran smoothly because of his help. On the day of, Alex was in the room where the bridal party waited and helped with all last minute needs we had. They were able to execute everything my sister and brother-in-law wanted, and we were truly able to enjoy every minute of the day without worry, knowing they had everything covered (even things we didn't think of). I cannot think more highly of both of them, and we are so thankful for their organization and amazing help!

Sent on 03/28/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you for all of the FUN Erin! You and your sister made us feel like family from the minute we met! The love your family shared Saturday night was so moving, inclusive, and inspiring. Thank YOU for sharing your family with us for one night!

Robin Gaulke · Married on 04/08/2020

Excellent wedding planner

I recently officiated my niece's wedding, and Adam was the wedding planner. He answered all my questions and made the experience a wonderful memory. My sister - the bride's mother - is very detail oriented. She was comfortable with Adam from the start and trusted him completely to make sure her only daughter's day was as special as she hoped it would be. My sister was able to relax and enjoy all the festivities without worrying that every detail was being taken care of. I would recommend Adam and his company to anyone to make their day a special one.

Sent on 01/23/2020

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you for the kind notes! It was an honor to assist with the wedding and you did SUCH a wonderful job as the officiant! I hope you had as much fun as we did! Congrats on making the ceremony so special and perfect!
  • Claudia

Claudia Gurule · Married on 02/04/2020

Like Hiring Life Long Friends

Hiring Adam and Alex of unoaked. Event Design & Production was one of the best investments my husband and I made for our wedding day. This couple makes a great team! Adam and Alex are incredibly professional, and such a pleasure! In all sincerity, they made me feel like I had handed over our day of coordinating to two life long friends—such a level of trust and comfort!

Sent on 10/18/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Your wedding day was so gorgeous and we are honored to have been a part of the celebration. It was so wonderful to see you and the family enjoying such a beautiful day! Cheers to many years of happiness Claudia!

Kristi Castellanos · Married on 01/19/2020

Thankful for Unoaked!

Working with Adam to plan our big day was such a pleasure! Adam went above and beyond for us and made our wedding day perfect. From picking up our signs from the printer to taking all our wedding decor and favors to the venue day of. Adam was on top of every vendor deadline and ensured we never had to worry about one thing leading up to our wedding. I highly recommend Unoaked as you will have the best experience as we did! We miss Adam already!

Sent on 01/25/2020

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

I miss you too!!! Thank you for sharing your wedding day with us! It was such a pleasure working with you to execute such a perfect day! I appreciate your trust and kindness!
  • Erick

Erick Aguilar · Married on 10/05/2019

50th wedding anniversary

Working with Unoaked (Adam & Alex) in coordination of my parents 50th wedding anniversary has been nothing more than a huge pleasure. Your time, talent, and wonderful expertise made my parents wedding memorable. Unoaked event design delivered in every way possible.

Sent on 10/28/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

50 years of marriage is such an amazing accomplishment to celebrate! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the legacy! We enjoyed the mariachi band and seeing everyone dancing! Cheers to every year of love!
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding Planning Power Couple!

Adam and Alex of Unoaked went above and beyond my expectations of any wedding planner! Not only were they both such genuine and kindhearted individuals, they handled my crazy family like total bosses! I honestly hadn’t researched them before hiring because they were the sole recommendation of the event coordinator at my venue Five Crowns. I figured that since that used to be Adam’s job, he would know everything I needed to know about hosting my wedding there. Boy, did he....and more!! I hired Unoaked for month of coordination, but Adam was available and very responsive anytime I had a question in the year leading up to the big day. Once that 30 day mark hit, Adam and Alex jumped right into the planning, spearheading all the major communication between vendors. Anytime I started to doubt something or recognize a potential problem, Adam would immediately respond with “Don’t worry, we got this. We will make it work”. And they truly did! On the day of, I really didn’t even worry because I knew that the logistics and execution of everything I had prepped would be taken care of by Unoaked. The most stressful part of the day was having to walk down the isle by myself but Adam was right by my side those moments before keeping me calm and focused. They did a fantastic job on the decor of the reception space and made sure every detail I imagined was showcased perfectly. The true standout selling feature of Unoaked is really their ability to manage difficult situations that arose with ZERO hesitation (and me as the bride having zero clue about it!) We had wedding crashers taking pictures with our guests, ordering multiple drinks, and enjoying cocktail hour until Unoaked found out! They were escorted off the property immediately and Unoaked made sure I wasn’t charged for their drinks = Handled it like a boss! We had a fire, we had multiple broken glasses, we just had a lot of drunk people - and Adam or Alex would be right in the middle taking care of business with no time to waste! Multiple wedding guest came up to me throughout the night raving about both of them. People kept saying how “assertive” they were. Each guest had a different story about how either Adam or Alex had helped them with a problem, managed a difficult situation, or just made them feel so warm and welcomed! That to me is the sole reason you should hire them; to make sure your guests have the absolute best experience possible, while allowing you to also have the best experience possible! The right wedding coordinator is essential to make that happen and Unoaked is the team to do it!

Sent on 10/06/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Bridget, reading this brought back SO many memories!!! Haha, what a wonderfully beautiful and perfect day it turned out to be! Such funny moments and great interactions with your friends and amazing family. I will definitely remember Rhino and all of the personalized details from your big day! Thank you for being so amazing to work with! I am so thrilled for you and Adam! Cheers to many years!
  • Elin

Elin Floyd · Married on 08/28/2019

Best experience possible

We hired Adam & Alex to coordinate our very short notice wedding. They were amazing in every aspect and truly made our vision come to life. The entire night was totally perfect and that's all thanks to Adam & Alex. Thank you guys, you are the best!!

Sent on 09/09/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Alex and I are SO grateful for your friendship! Want an amazing wedding you threw! I'll never forget seeing you as a beautiful Bride, in the pool, IN your wedding dress! TOO much FUN! Love you both!
  • William

William Kane · Married on 08/16/2019

William Kane

Adam was available for every single check in phone call and in person meeting. His attention to every detail was unmatched as we planned this event for several months. He handled the vendors and contracts with precision and handled our wedding day perfectly. If you need a wedding planner that is stress free and is ahead of what’s asked of him Adam is perfect. You’ll simply be able to enjoy your day and be worry free. Thank you Adam for all you do... Billy and Michelle Kane

Sent on 08/23/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you Billy! It was such a joy celebrating your beautiful love! I’m honored to have been a part of every moment, from that December day on the beach to dancing into the evening this August! Thank you for trusting and allowing us to be a part of your wedding memories!

Michelle Kane · Married on 08/16/2019

Unoaked was the BEST!

From start to finish, Adam and Alex were exceptional. From other prime vendor recommendations, to creative brainstorming, effective project management, and event flow, Unoaked was impeccable. We couldn’t ask for a better experience and we are so grateful to have worked with them.

Sent on 08/23/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

I am grateful to have worked with YOU! Thank you for such a wonderful experience. I loved every moment planning with you two. The personal touches added to your wedding day were so thoughtful and beautiful, just like YOU!
  • Evelyn

Evelyn Grafas · Married on 08/11/2019

Parents of the bride:

While my daughter herself was very organized and detailed about her day Adam executed everything to perfection!
    I couldn’t imagine having a wedding without Adam ! It gave us all peace of mind and he left nothing for us to worry about!
    Absolutely the best!

Sent on 08/17/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you Evelyn! The wedding was so beautiful and your family so amazing! As you said, the only thing wrong was NOT ENOUGH GREEK DANCING!!! Hahaha. It was such a pleasure celebrating with you!

Matt King · Married on 08/11/2019

Seamless Execution

All I have to say is WOW!! Not only were Adam and his team friendly and professional, but they executed the vision I had for my wedding beautifully! Not to mention, they helped make me feel so relaxed on a day that can usually be pretty stressful! They also came up with some great ideas for decor and helped me problem solve when I needed it! Overall, I would highly recommend hiring Unoaked for your next event! You will be glad you did! 💕

Sent on 08/30/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you for the kind message! From the gorgeous flowers and personalized yard games to the dessert station, everything was PERFECT! Thank you for sharing your amazing family with us for the day! Wishing you happiness and lots of love!
  • Bill

Bill Reabe · Married on 07/27/2019

Father of the bride

Thank you Adam and Alex. We sincerely appreciate the way you treated us like family, not like customers, and took our daughter’s vision and made it a reality. Your expertise and attention to detail made our daughter’s and son-in-law‘s wedding a beautiful and stress free event. Future bridal parties and parents; you can trust Adam and Alex to go above and beyond, we did from across country and the event was stunning . Thank you again, Bill and Jackie

Sent on 07/31/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Bill! Alex and I are so grateful for your generosity and trust with Christine’s wedding! It was such a beautiful day and we are humbled to have been a part of the fun! Cheers to new family!

Christine · Married on 07/20/2019

OBSESSED with Adam and Alex!

Our wedding venue required we hire a coordinator and since I had such a clear vision of what I wanted I was so nervous leaving it to someone else and to start the coordinator search. Once I came across Adam and Alex and emailed an inquiry (at 9:30 at night!) he immediately responded and we set up my first phone call right then and there. I felt my worries go away after that one phone call! Fast forward to sitting down with them over coffee to discuss our vision and ideas and we were sold!

Adam was available immediately any time I sent an email or text. He was so organized and prepared with any question, comment or concern I had! I thought I had it all together by the time Adam came on (as we hired Unoaked for our month-of) but he tied up all the loose ends I had no idea how to do. From vendor insurances, to all the last minute frustrations that come along with planning, vendor meals, timeline, you name it, Adam was on it!

Fast forward to the day of and I don't know what I would have done without Adam and Alex! They set up my venue to look EXACTLY how I envisioned in my head, handled all the little uncontrollable moments that happened during the wedding (like the venue losing power during cocktail hour)! He handled it like a champ and only later told me so I was informed. He kept me on schedule so we didn't miss sunset pics which were super important to us, packed us a meal to-go when we saw we didn't have time to eat much, brought me a drink just about anytime I turned around (truly like he was reading my mind.) And then when the night was over and we were saying our goodbyes to family and friends I blinked and everything was packaged up and ready for us to load in the car.

We couldn't be more thankful for Adam and Alex and would HIGHLY recommend them both. We had multiple family members and friends saying how sweet and helpful my planners were! I was so calm and relaxed on my wedding day and I think I can contribute some of that to knowing I was in such good hands with these two ❤️

Sent on 08/08/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

This day was PERFECT on SO many levels! Thank you for allowing Alex and I to celebrate with you! It's always a joy when we leave feeling like family! I'll never forget the 'high tide' and how much fun we had 'poppin bottles' at sunset! Love you both!
  • Joe

Joe Shely · Married on 06/02/2019

Adam and Alex made our day

They helped us throughout the process and their day-of support, organization, and logistics were top notch!

Sent on 06/04/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you Joe! It was such an honor to be a part of your beautiful wedding! I loved seeing your vision come to life!
  • Emily

Emily S. Hsu · Married on 05/27/2019

They Made it the Best Day Possible

From the first meeting with Adam and Alex, we knew we had made the best decision we could have ever made for our wedding day. They are polished, organized, experienced, fun, and just all-around a dream to work with. Wish we had another party to plan so we could work with them all over again! Our families, wedding party, and officiant kept commenting on how spectacular they were at keeping the event running smoothly. They made us feel like this was an event they would put on for their own friends or family. We could put our full trust and faith in them knowing that they always had our best interests at heart.

When we started out on the wedding planning journey, there were a lot of corners we were looking to cut to try to keep expenses down. That included the day-of coordinator / planner element. But as the to-do lists grew, the vendor logistics got just a little bit more complicated, and so on, one piece of advice that we kept hearing from already-married friends were that the day is such a blur, you have to savor and enjoy every moment, and you don't want to be putting away tables and chairs when you could be spending it with the friends and family who are there to see you. They were SO right. Weddings are expensive. But there's no point in spending the money at all if you can't even enjoy the day. And unoaked was so willing to work with us in putting together a package that made sense for us - cutting things we didn't really need and adding things where we did.

I never had to check a watch or a phone. I didn't have to tell vendors where to go, what to do, how I wanted it to be. I didn't have to put extra thought into being at a particular place at a particular time - and it was a great relaxing feeling having someone who could just get all the right people to all the right places when they needed to be there for speeches, photos, and so on. I didn't have to stress out about getting tables set-up before guests started arriving. I didn't even really see the tear-down happening and decor being organized back into boxes as we were out on the dance floor. Everything was gorgeous when we arrived and put away and packed up when we were ready to leave.

Unoaked was party planners + expert designers + ninjas + guardian angels all wrapped up in one. And that's a pretty powerful combination to make any day incredible and... MEMORABLE.

Sent on 06/03/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Emily! Thank you and Austin for having us as a part of your wedding celebration. The weather was PERFECT and the day was so BEAUTIFUL. It was such a joy to see you both dancing and enjoying the evening with your awesome friends! I am so happy to now call you MY friends! Thank you for trusting us and I look forward to many more beer "meetings" in the future!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 03/23/2019

Hire Unoaked for your event!!

I cannot say enough about Adam and Alex. They are a true dream team! I keep telling everyone that our day went absolutely flawlessly, and that was in huge part to Adam and Alex's organization and diligence. Every detail was in place, and we did not have to think about one thing. Adam and Alex are so kind, personable, and effective! They took every last minute worry out of our minds. I am so grateful they made our day so smooth, and exactly like we envisioned. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 03/28/2019

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Your wedding is one I will never forget Lindsey. You and Tim are the perfect couple and share a perfect love together. I loved hearing your friends and family speak about your first date, the apartment, and watching you grow. I too, can not wait to see your family grow! Congratulations and thank you for being amazing humans! We love ya!

Veronique · Married on 11/11/2018

unoaked Event Design and Productions

Adam and Alex from unoaked Event Design and Productions were an absolute pleasure to work with. They coordinated our wedding day beautifully! all went smoothly due to their close attention to all details. They were so helpful all the while being sweet, pleasant, patient, understanding, and using self initiative when really needed. We would hire them all over again!

Veronique

Sent on 11/14/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

We are so proud of this wedding! Thank you for bringing us into the inner circle for all of the planning and fun! From the kids, to the grand entrance and send off, it was a beautifully memorable day we will never forget! Thank you for having us!

Briana · Married on 11/11/2018

Couldn't have asked for better people to work with!

Unoaked Events was referred to us by our venue event manager who is also a friend of mine. We didn't even know what a wedding coordinator was but we are so happy that we hired Unoaked for the job. Adam and Alex worked with us from day 1 to make sure we created the wedding day we imagined. They had so many ideas and suggestions during the planning and created and managed so many great tools to not only keep the day and our vendors organized but to keep me organized. There are so many things to think about when planning a wedding and there's no doubt that Unoaked helped make the process more efficient, organized, easy, and ultimately really fun. Adam and Alex are beyond sweet, understanding, and have a very good way of keeping things in order while managing a very stressful month of planning, not to mention the actual wedding day! They were everywhere on the big day and were so kind to everyone: the bridal party, our guests, our parents, and all the other vendors. They somehow managed to make everything look beautiful while making sure we were on schedule and everyone was where they needed to be when they were supposed to be there. Now that I've experienced a wedding, that is no easy task! They truly made our day special not only because they made it easy and stress-free for me but because they are just wonderful people to have around. We could not be happier with the way our wedding turned out, the day absolutely exceeded our expectations and we have Unoaked to thank for that. We adore them and highly recommend them as wedding coordinators!

Sent on 12/08/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

We feel so honored to have witnessed your beautiful wedding day Briana! (Not even a strong wind could mess with your plans!) From the flower girls to your Dad’s speech, everything had heart, love and family all it! Thanks for allowing us into the family! We love you all!

Natalie · Married on 10/20/2018

The best team to work with!

The unoaked. team was incredible! Adam and Alex were so helpful, patient, understanding, supportive, and professional. Our wedding would not have happened without them. I would recommend unoaked. to anyone planning a wedding or special event. They are amazing!

Sent on 11/13/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

It was a dream come true to plan your wedding Natalie! Cheers to many beautiful years! We love you and Dave so much!

L · Married on 09/21/2018

Unoaked.events did an amazing job at my daughters wedding at Balboa Bay Resort. From beginning to end had NO stress! LOVE these guys and it was planned while we live in Southlake, TX. They get more than 5 ⭐️

Sent on 09/24/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

I am SO glad we are family now! ^_^ It has been such a joy planning with you over the past year. Thank you for trusting us with all of the plans from across the country! It was a GORGEOUS wedding day!

Taylor · Married on 09/21/2018

If I could give more stars, I would. From my first meeting with Adam and Alex, they paid attention to every detail, and were able to quickly adapt my vague wedding vision to a detailed, comprehensive plan. They were always one step ahead of me, and often knew what I needed before I could even ask. The planning was seamless, they kept me on track with a meticulous timeline and detailed itinerary, and thanks to them, I always knew what was happening when. They went above and beyond to make the day special, from their thorough planning and organization to thoughtful creativity, I didn't have an opportunity to become stressed or worry about plans, vendors, timelines or anything--they let nothing fall through the cracks! All my guests wondered how I planned my California wedding living in Texas, but for me, it was easy because Adam and Alex took care of everything.

Sent on 09/25/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Taylor, you and Justin are simply the BEST! It was such an honor and a joy to be a part of your plans! The Footloose Flash Mob, is definitely something I will NEVER forget! Thank you for allowing us into your family! Love you and wish you two the happiest marriage!

Linda · Married on 09/21/2018

We used unoaked.events for our daughter’s wedding. Adam and Alex were amazing. We didn’t worry about a thing because everything was taken care of to the smallest detail. I can’t imagine having a wedding without unoKed.events. We love you guys!❤️

Sent on 10/09/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Linda, you are such an angel! It was a sincere honor to plan Taylor's wedding! I am only sad you all live in Dallas and we can't be closer friends!!! ;-) Thank you for hosting such a beautiful day and having us a part of the celebration! The flash mob will forever be a memory I cherish! Sending love to you in TX!

Carol · Married on 09/16/2018

Hiring Adam & Alex to coordinate my daughter's park/backyard wedding was the very best decision EVER! We would not have survived without them. Adam ran point on the planning -- from vendor recommendations, to site layout, to prodding and encouraging emails, he kept the process on track and moving forward. Neither my daughter nor I are party planners, so having Adam's expertise and encouragement at every turn was invaluable. Alex joined him the day-of to complete our DIY set-up, including putting flowers in vases, fluffing tulle, placing photos, adding lights to the spa, etc. They greeted and managed vendors, kept us on top of the timeline, and were the last to leave after clean-up. The wedding and reception were seamless. Not one detail we envisioned was missed, and I actually got to enjoy the party, knowing they were in charge. I am so, so glad to have had them on our team!! I appreciate everything they did for us. Several of our guests commented how nice, helpful, and organized they were. You guys are THE BEST!

Sent on 10/08/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Carol, your family is simply the BEST! Thank you for inviting us into your home and allowing us to celebrate with you! The harp filled air at the park ceremony was.just.stunning! You hosted a beautiful reception as well. Love you and your family!

Janet · Married on 09/15/2018

Adam and Alex are amazing! The planning up to the wedding went very smoothly for us. Adam would narrow it down to 3 options for a vendor and we would go from there. Each decision seemed to make itself by the end of the process and Adam was definitely a critical part to making it so easy. The timeline was made transparent and clearly communicated frequently. Our wedding ceremony was at a park and the reception in my parents' backyard. Each of these presented their own unique challenges. He was fantastic at taking over some communication when I felt myself turning into bridezilla. He was amazing at calming Mom's nerves and being a wonderful liaison when we had differing opinions. The wedding day went more perfectly than I could have imagined! The ceremony was gorgeous and smooth as can be with Adam corralling everyone into the right spots and time! Alex set up the reception beautifully! He turned the backyard into a magical paradise! Adam helped calm me down after getting car sick and made sure I took care of myself first. Adam was excellent at modifying the plans on the spot so that I didn't have to cut the cake that would have made me nauseous, yet everyone enjoyed cake and s'mores and didn't notice anything was amiss! I was able to have everything I wanted because these guys were willing and able to pull it all together for us! Along with being professional experts at what they do, they are incredibly kind people and we look forward to continuing our friendship with them.

Sent on 10/03/2018

unoaked. Event Design & Production's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Janet! It was sincerely an honor to have been a part of your magical day! The Harp, the BBQ, the S'mores! It was a beautiful day. Alex and I are so thrilled to call you and Dave friends, and Carol too! :-) Cheers to a wonderful first year of marriage to you!