Union Trust Reviews

Union Trust 1
Union Trust 2
Union Trust 3

Kristen · Married on 07/07/2018

Union Trust was the first venue we toured and nothing else compared. For our ceremony and reception of 120 guests, it was the absolutely perfect. What I loved most about Finley Catering was that they were honest and upfront about their pricing. Everything is included (cake, ice sculpture, open bar) and there were very little mentions of "upgrades." Their staff is also very personable and responsive. Kathryn was very responsive to all our questions in the planning stages and Thomas and Lisa executed our wedding day flawlessly. Guests commented on the quality and quantity of food and the effortless beauty of the venue. Finley gave me an ease on my wedding day that I never expected. Everything was handled professionally and I cannot recommend them and Union Trust enough!

Angela · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I got married at the Union Trust on June 23rd and it was the most magical day ever! The venue is gorgeous and the staff was incredible. All of our guests had an amazing time and could not stop talking about how delicious the food was. Finley does an outstanding job hosting events and I cannot wait to attend a wedding at a Finley location!

Marlene · Married on 05/05/2018

Absolutely a pleasure to work with. Service was exceptional and food was great! The venue itself is gorgeous. Would definitely recommend this venue for an event. You will not be disappointed!

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 04/13/2018

I am beyond grateful to the staff at Union Trust, especially Stacey Mullen our Catering Manager for Finley Catering and Thomas Fowler the Maitre'd at Union Trust. After my husband and I got engaged in Dec 2015, the wedding planning began immediately and Union Trust was number one on my list. However, without contacting Union Trust and just going based on reviews and pictures of the venue, I assumed that the venue would be way out of our budget. We eventually opted for a Destination Wedding in Old San Juan Puerto Rico. Due to Hurricane Maria we needed to cancel our October 8th wedding on short notice. Although we were completely devastated, we still needed to have a wedding. Round 2 of wedding planning so I revisited Union Trust but this time I reached out. Stacey completely understood the situation we found ourselves in and was willing to help us out. She gave us a bunch of discounted dates that we could choose from but before discussing money, dates, and contracts she invited us that weekend to come visit Union Trust so we can talk about everything. Luckily we visited on a Saturday afternoon as they were setting up for a wedding that evening so we got to see everything in action. The moment we walked in WE FELL IN LOVE, it is such a beautiful venue and not much is needed to make it special for the big day. Although the decision was pretty much made in the first 5 minutes of being there, we still had destination wedding PTSD. We lost a lot of money and I still felt Union Trust might be out of reach. Stacey and Finley Catering told us not to worry and were beyond helpful with our budget when they did not have to be. They had a business to run but we felt that they put that aside to help us out. We opted for their discounted day Friday, April 13th (we already had bad luck, so why not try to reverse it), and our day was perfect. Union Trust is a "well oiled machine", and nothing went wrong, NOTHING. Thank you Finley Catering from the bottom of our hearts! <3

Union Trust 4
    Union Trust 5
    Union Trust 6
  • Ceci

Nadia · Married on 06/03/2017

We worked with Stacey Lee Mullen and Thomas was our Maitre D for the day off and they were absolutely perfect. Stacey met with us several times to show us the venue since we were coming from about 2.5 hours away and she went over every detail. She was one of the reasons we chose Union Trust, besides the beauty of the venue, we wanted to make sure that we were in good hands. The only thing I had to worry about the day of was saying my vows, and that was exactly the way I wanted it. Could we have done it cheaper? Yes. Was it worth every penny, YES! There are so many moving parts to a wedding that even the little I had to coordinate was enough. Thomas made sure everything moved exactly as scheduled, he made sure our parents knew where to go, and directed us as needed. The food was PHENOMENAL, and my friends and family said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too. It was the perfect day, I couldn't have asked for anything else and I wouldn't change a thing.

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2017

My husband and I cannot thank Finely Catering enough for making our wedding so incredible at Union Trust! Stacey was amazing to work with. Working with her through the process was so super easy and made us feel confident going into our big day! Thomas and his team totally kicked ass the night of. Everyone is still talking about the venue, the food, THE SERVICE, etc, etc, etc! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Rachel · Married on 04/22/2017

The first second I walked into Union Trust I was blown away!! It has historic architectural beauty with high vaulted ceilings, ornate decorated walls, a beautiful 2nd floor bar with elegant windows, and a marble staircase, all enhanced by lighting that highlights the maturity and elegance of the space.

Incredibly, this was all matched by Finley Catering's event planning, day of service, and cuisine! I truly am so impressed by Finley Catering's team and Union Trust. I truly feel that they created my perfect dream wedding that was so unique, special, and different from any other wedding I've been to.

I worked with Stacey Lee Mullen who was an incredible resource prior to the wedding and the day of. She went over ever detail and was very responsive to email, phone calls, and meetings. Not only was she professional, organized, and kind, but she genuinely was passionate about planning my wedding, shared in the excitement, and made the experience fun and full of joy!

I also worked with Thomas Fowler, the Maitre d’, who did an incredible job running the show at Union Trust. He met with us in person the week of the wedding and helped personalize the event to accommodate our timeline and helped create the desired atmosphere for the event.

While everyone always says the bride never eats at her own wedding...I did not miss out on this! Delicious:) Our guests are still raving about the dinner and cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres. Finley Catering made sure to stock the bridal suite with all the appetizers and drinks so we were able to sneak away for a moment of post-wedded peace and sample our favorite snacks.

Most importantly, we had so much fun! We were able to be guests at our own wedding. We danced all night and Stacey and Thomas took care of any issues that may have arisen. Everything seemed to go seamlessly!

Overall this venue and catering company made our wedding more romantic, fun, and epic than I could have ever imagined.

Leah · Married on 03/05/2017

We recently had our wedding on a Sunday at Union Trust and we cannot say enough about it! A friend who had his wedding there recommended us to check it out and we are so happy that we did. This venue gives you the feeling that it truly is yours for the day to have he wedding exactly how you imagined it. We had this idea to make our wedding elegant but with a Sunday Funday theme and Finley Catering catered to our every request. Michelle was very engaged with us throughout the entire process and Thomas was perfect in making the day run smoothly. The service was outstanding and they made all of my guests feel like they were special! I could not believe how attentive Laura was to me and my family! The other things that really made our wedding stand out was the amazing food and the AMAZING bar selection.

Hillary · Married on 02/18/2017

If you can get away with a wedding of less than 175, there is no better place to get married than Union Trust. The room is drop dead gorgeous and the day-of staff is amazing. They treated everyone like royalty. Finley has a wonderful reputation and it shows in the quality of their food and beverage programs.

Karina · Married on 02/03/2017

We had our reception at Union Trust on Feb 3rd, 2107. I cannot even put into words how happy we are with Finley Catering and their Union Trust venue!! The venue itself is amazing!! You add the decorations and Finley's amazing service and food...it's just out of this world!! We cannot thank them enough for making that night so special. Stacey, Thomas, and Lisa made everything run so smoothly along with our other amazing vendors, of course. You will not go wrong by choosing Finley Catering and Union Trust as your venue.

Kristen · Married on 12/03/2016

We had our wedding at Union Trust on 12/3/16 and WOW, it was the most perfect day! Right from the beginning- Stacey, the wedding coordinator, was so easy to work with. She was professional, responsive, and offered suggestions throughout the whole planning process. The tasting they offered was very delicious and helped us narrow down our food ideas. On the day of, Stacey and her team put together an amazing day. Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted and our timeline was respected, so we had plenty of time to dance. There was delicious food galore! Thomas, the Maitre d’, and Lisa, the bridal attendant, made sure the wedding party was taken care of before and during the reception. Lisa helped figure out my bustle, which saved the night! I also have a dietary restriction and they accommodated me with no problem. I even had my own special bread. The venue itself is GORGEOUS! Our guests still are commenting how beautiful the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food!

Angela · Married on 11/20/2016

We cannot say enough amazing things about Union Trust and Finley Caterers. Every part of the process was easy and fun from start to finish. Stacey was so accommodating and always quick to answer questions and offer advice. The venue looked incredible the day of the wedding and our guests were just in awe of the service and the atmosphere. Thomas and Lisa worked so hard to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect for us and we are so thankful. If we could do it all again, we wouldn't change a thing. I highly recommend Union Trust and Finley Caterers!

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2016

My wedding at Union Trust was beyond anything I could have imagined! First, working with Michelle Finley made the planning a breeze. She was easy to work with, always responded to my emails right away, and she is clearly an expert at what she does.
    Working with Thomas Fowler the week of and day of the wedding was also great. He is fun and made sure that me, my husband, our parents, and our bridal party were well taken care of. He made sure everything ran smoothly and perfectly. Lisa, the bridal attendant, was also there to help me with ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! She was so sweet and worked super hard to make sure we didn't have a care in the world.
    All the staff was wonderful, the service was impeccable, and the food was fantastic! Our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful and fun our wedding was, and we have received tons of compliments on the food.
    I can't say enough about Union Trust and Finley Catering. The venue is beautiful and they are perfectionists!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2016

Union Trust exceeded our expectations for our wedding. The space was comfortable, the food was excellent, and their customer service was outstanding. Everything went smoothly during the wedding and our guests were very happy, and are still raving about everything. We had the ceremony and the reception at the Union Trust, and the staff was able to seamlessly transition the space from one to the other. One of the best things about Union Trust was the extent to which Michelle & Thomas treated not only us, but also our families and our bridal party. It's clear that both they and their team will do everything they can to make all of your wedding dreams come true!

Emily · Married on 09/18/2016

Finley Catering has the most incredible and beautiful wedding venues, and we could not be happier with Union Trust. The ambiance at Union Trust is one-of-a-kind with its art deco architecture, vaulted ceilings, and beautiful up-lighting. We worked with Stacey on the details leading up to our wedding, and she was thoughtful, attentive, detail oriented, and made us feel special and worry free. The Maitre D’, Thomas, ensured everything on our wedding day went smoothly – and he nailed it. Thomas and his team made us feel like celebrities; we were treated like royalty and not one detail was left overlooked. Not only was the venue breathtaking, but the food was also amazing! The cocktail hour sets the tone for the wedding, and Finley hits this out of the park. Not only the quantity of food, but the quality was incredible. From the seafood martini bar to the Italian anti-pasta station, everything was exquisitely elegant and more importantly, tasted delicious. Our guests were blown away and continue to tell us how it was the best wedding they’ve been to. This is our second wedding with Finley Catering – my sister was married at the Ballroom at the Ben last March, and words cannot express how happy we were with everything at both weddings. We absolutely love and recommend Finley Catering!

Annelise · Married on 09/02/2016

We had our wedding at Union Trust a little more than a month ago and it was truly Perfect. Finley Catering did an impeccable job from start to finish. During the planning process, Michelle Finley was always there to check in and make sure that we had the information that we needed when we needed it. Anytime a question came up, she promptly responded no matter how far away the wedding was or how small the question. As the wedding got closer, we were reminded in advance of payments, menu tastings, and meetings. We always felt informed of next steps. The week of the wedding we met Thomas, the Maitre'd, to iron out of the details. I have never met anybody more calming and professional. In what should have been the most stressful week of wedding planning, my husband and I left that meeting knowing that we had absolutely nothing to worry about and that we were in good hands. The day of the wedding Thomas ensured that each transition from Ceremony to Cocktail Hour to Reception was 100% stress free. Everybody from the wedding party to parents were able to enjoy the day without concern because Thomas was there to guide everybody through. This was invaluable to us. My husband and I had our own attendant, Lisa, that ensured we had a drink in hand at all times and were completely taken care of that night. She was amazing, she even helped my mom when she got a bit nervous doing my bustle after the ceremony. The food was incredible - from presentation to taste. We are still hearing how well the Filet was cooked and how amazing the seafood was at the cocktail hour. While our guests raved about the food, the drinks and the beautiful venue, they also raved about the service they received at their table and how seamlessly the wedding flowed. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Michelle, Thomas and Lisa, to each waiter and waitress involved. You made us and all of our guests feel so special!

Kattie · Married on 08/06/2016

The second we walked into Union Trust, we knew this was the perfect place for our wedding reception. Not only is it GORGEOUS, but the staff was incredible. Stacey was so helpful throughout the entire process and Thomas and his staff were amazing the night of the reception. We never once worried that things would be pulled off exactly how we dreamt. The food was amazing and guests are still talking about the cocktail hour!

Sheila · Married on 07/22/2016

I can not rave about this venue enough. They did absolutely everything they can to make this the perfect and most special day we could've ever asked for. All of our guests went on and on about the food and how beautiful the venue is. As soon as my husband and I walked into this venue, we knew this is where we wanted to get married. We are so glad we listened to our gut. Thomas, Stacey and Lisa are absolutely amazing. We couldn't ask for better people to work with. Thank you for everything!!

Daniel · Married on 07/22/2016

Finley Catering and the Union Trust team are seriously top notch. There are a lot of things to worry about on a wedding day but for us the venue, food, service, ceremony were not part of those worries. Stacey, Thomas, and team are very good at what they do and it shows. They were always professional yet relaxed and we knew that they were on top of everything. That certainly helped us relax a bit! I only hope that we are able to attend a wedding at Union Trust as guests someday!

April · Married on 07/01/2016

Absolutely the best vendor for a wedding! The food was amazing, the venue was stunning, and we were catered too the day of. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Also, the staff there was amazing and we didn't have to worry about anything. Please, have your wedding here! You won't regret it!

The team at Union Trust exceeded our expectations and we highly reccomend both this venue & Finley Catering. We had 160 guests and held our ceremony, reception, and after party at Union Trust. We worked with Michelle and Thomas throughout the planning process and they're both excellent to work with. They both made us feel comfortable and confident that everything we wanted would be executed accordingly and with class. They paid attention to the details and honored our every request. Similar to a lot of the reviews already on this page, our guests won't stop talking about how incredible the venue is aesthetically, how great the food was, and how well the evening flowed.

Finley staff member Lisa Rechner deserves her own 5 star review as well. From the second we arrived at Union Trust a few hours before the ceremony began, Lisa made sure that we were fed, hydrated, comfortable, and definitely played a huge part in our own experience throughout our wedding night.

First class experience all around!

Ali & Dan

Linda · Married on 05/01/2016

Michelle and Thomas from Union Trust were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to work with! In addition to being professional and responsive in all pre-wedding communications, and accommodating my daughter as she had to travel far for the wedding, they were really fun and on point during the entire wedding process. We had A LOT of out of town guests and EVERYBODY just LOVED the venue, the staff, the food, desserts and the gorgeous architecture of Union Trust. They really made my daughter and son-in-law's day just perfect! I couldn't be more happy as they blended the entire event together beautifully from the ceremony to our sparkler send off at the end of the reception. I would highly recommend this venue and all of their staff for any event, anytime. SIMPLY FANTASTIC I hope I get invited to another event there soon :)

Kayla · Married on 05/01/2016

I could write a book about all the things Finley Catering did to make our day absolutely spectacular. My husband and I got married at Union Trust on May 1st and we along with our family and friends are still reeling from the excitement of it all! Never in my life did I even imagine I would have such an amazing and beautiful wedding. It was like a fairytale. Aside from how stunning Union Trust is (really, it’s enchanting!)- Every single one of the Finley Catering staff members was so attentive, professional, and dedicated to making our day perfect and running as smoothly as possible. Our family and friends to this day are sending us messages about how amazing the venue, food, and staff were. While I didn’t know at the time- I later heard there were a couple mishaps with a broken glass vase (literally in the isle right before the ceremony) and a couple broken bottles. I was told they were cleaned up so fast it was as if they planned it. Lisa was a doll and made sure my husband and I and our family had everything we needed at all times. She even made sure I got something to eat and drink when we didn’t have time to try the hors d'oeuvres. Special thanks to Michelle Finley and Thomas Fowler, our maitre d, for all of their assistance and help in making our day everything we hoped for and more. Thomas is just amazing at his job. He made sure everything was done exactly how we wanted it. He kept everyone from the bridal party, to family, to guests on track with where they needed to be and what they needed to do. From the very beginning Michelle was there to answer any questions we had (and we had a lot haha). Michelle and Thomas were extremely accommodating and understanding of the fact that we were planning an out of state wedding and could only attend tastings and meetings on certain dates/weekends. Of course, I’m sure there were many other people in the background at Finley Catering whom I don’t even know about that made our day extra special- to all of them, thank you

Our wedding at Union Trust was better than we could have ever imagined. The amount and quality of food was amazing. Many people throughout the night were commenting on how good the cocktail hour was. We even had comments that this was the first time they had hot food at a wedding. Michelle, Thomas and Lisa were incredible. They made the entire night move like clockwork and were refilling our drinks the second they saw them empty. The attentiveness of the entire staff was unbelievable. Union Trust is a gorgeous venue and Finley Catering did an outstanding job. We would highly recommend them to any engaged couple.