Union/Pine Reviews

Union/Pine 7
  • Kaylani

Kaylani Warrwn · Married on 09/01/2019

Everything I dreamed!

Union/Pine made it soo possible to have the beautiful (yet affordable) wedding of my dreams. The venue set up itself is beautiful and takes very little to dress it up for occasion. I kept my decorations real simple, y’all and did not use a planner and still had everybody swooning. The flexibility with the vendors also made it easy to stay within budget. Cassie was so great to communicate and go over details with and the day of manager was easy to get ahold of. SEAMLESS. We had so much fun. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Union/Pine 15
    Union/Pine 16
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2018

U/P was exactly what I was looking for!

Working with Cassy was an absolute DREAM. Union/Pine was everything I was looking for in a reception venue. It allowed us to make it "ours" while also remaining industrial and loft-like. We had a dedicated dance floor, a fun ping pong table and then long dinner tables in the back room. It was everything I could have asked for and would absolutely recommend U/P to any future brides!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Annie · Married on 10/07/2017

It was a pleasure working with Cassy for our October wedding at Union Pine. Union Pine was immediately our first choice of venue & I'm so happy to have had such a special event there!

The space itself is a beautiful blank canvas - warm & with a vintage feel - & is divided into three areas that flow seamlessly. We had our ceremony (60 guests) in the sunken living room, cocktail hour in the bar area, dinner in the back room, then karaoke back in the living room.

We used several of the items available at Union Pine (couches, chairs, etc.) & completed the look with outside rentals & floral. I worked with Cassy & several other people for over a year as I planned & they were always responsive & helpful.

Union Pine was the only venue for us. I'm so grateful!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2017

I don't know how I stumbled upon Union Pine but I was searching for the perfect venue anywhere in the country and when I saw Union Pine I knew it was the one. I think I sent them an email in the middle of the night (I work night shift) and they got back to me the next day saying they had our date (6 months away) open!!! So I booked them without even seeing it in person. Working with Cassy was extremely straightforward. She always got back to me right away and answered any questions I had. I live in california and I never made it up to Portland to see the venue until the day before my wedding and when I walked in to Union Pine, completely empty, I was stunned at what a great space it is. It is simple but it is styled and designed in such a way that we didn't need to add much. I honestly dont think there is a more perfect venue and the price was amazing. Every single guest who had asked us "why Portland?" understood when they walked in to Union Pine exactly why we had chosen it.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Emma · Married on 09/09/2017

Union/Pine was the first venue my husband and I looked at during our wedding planning and we are so happy that we found it. Communication with Cassy was straightforward and we were impressed by her responsiveness to our questions as well as her organization and suggestions during the planning process. She coordinated our table and chair rentals at no extra charge and they were setup and taken down promptly and at their scheduled time. The wedding looked beautiful in the industrial setting and our guests had a great time mingling, eating, and dancing at the venue. The only slight downside we had was that the back room during the dinner was quite loud, however we had 110 very joyful and talkative people in the space! We are so appreciative of the Union/Pine team and are so happy with our decision to have had our wedding there!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Emiie · Married on 03/04/2017

We just had our wedding at Union/Pine and it couldn't have been a better experience. We worked with Cassy the whole time- great communication, flexible, kind and personable. Through all the wedding hiccups along the way she was fantastic!

As a venue, they're so EFFICIENT to work with! They keep weekly and monthly check ups and communications leading up to the event day. If you pick vendors from their list of recommendations (Lamb's Table Catering, Classic Vintage Rentals is what we chose and LOVED) it's even easier of a process. Never even communicated with Classic Vintage because U/P did it all for us! They have a great variety of in-house things you can rent (couches, tables, decor) that are both complimentary and available for rent. You submit a layout and they do the rest for you!

The location is fantastic and the price is definitely right. I loved bragging on the Union/Pine- it's used for many different events and like I told everyone, it's the best blank canvas for creatives. Such a beautiful venue, you really don't need to do much to make it your own and stunning in your own way.

5/5 for Union Pine! I'm telling everyone to get married here!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Jessie · Married on 10/14/2015

Union Pine has been great for my wedding. Their in-house planner Megan is super sweet, smart, and extremely helpful. The venue is amazing, and I love the setup. A great place for people looking for an all-in-one solution for the ceremony & reception. They have a bunch of great furniture and rental ideas, and the planner Megan does floral as well. Super convenient and made my life A LOT easier! They are pretty busy, so I would recommend booking your date ASAP.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Natalie · Married on 04/25/2015

Union pine is a beautiful space. We spent very little on decor because the space has so much character of its own. It's the most affordable venue I found too. If you decide to use the space I highly recommend the on site coordinator, Megan. SHE IS THE BEST. She straight up sewed an eyelet from her bra into my dress when we discovered mine had fallen off, 10 mins before the ceremony. I'm honestly kind of sad I don't get to hangout with her anymore. All the staff at UP were so helpful and made everything flow so smoothly. I have nothing negative to say about this place. I mean, sunken living room ceremony, need I say more?

Sent on 05/04/2015

alina · Married on 06/21/2014

Union/Pine is such a beautiful and unique venue. We loved it from the very start and our guests felt it really embodied the Portland spirit.

We enjoyed working with the staff and found the whole experience very positive. We highly recommend this beautiful gem!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Kimberly · Married on 07/24/2016

My husband and I got married at Union/Pine last summer and are very happy with our experience! The space was the perfect size for us (65-70 guests) with a "modern industrial" kind of vibe that fit our wedding perfectly. The price was good for a Portland venue, highly customizable to our needs, and doesn't require any particular caterer. Our wedding was on a Sunday so there was free street parking, but we did opt to pay to rent the U/P parking lot which is a few blocks away. We worked with Via for the whole planning process and she was very responsive and helpful, especially in confirming that we had the layout arranged and all the vendors on the same page. Maybe most importantly, we had a late morning wedding and coupled with the installed twinkle lights, there was plenty of light for our photographer to not need to use flash, so all the indoor photos turned out lovely! Via coordinated with Classic Vintage Rentals for our benches and we used NW Event Rentals for our tables and non-food catering needs. Lastly, if you're looking for a place to stay the night before or night of, there is a gorgeous little studio-condo just 2 blocks down the street that was cheaper and easier than a hotel, that we found on Airbnb. Overall we're very happy with our Union/Pine experience and are happy to have had such a great looking place to be captured in our wedding photos!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Allison · Married on 09/11/2016

4.2

This is a great venue if you are looking for something smaller! My husband and I loved that we did't have to worry too much about decor because it is such a beautiful venue with special touches that add character!

Sent on 12/20/2016