Union Hill Inn Reviews

Union Hill Inn 7
  • Kynsey

Kynsey Yaksitch · Married on 09/03/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue

From the moment I saw Union Hill Inn I knew that it was the place I was going to get married. I instantly fell in love with the grounds and the chapel. Our wedding weekend was perfect and Barbara really supplied the perfect place for me to marry my best friend. I highly recommend Terri as your weekend wedding Coordinator. She really kept us organized and was great at communicating to Union hill on our behalf. The years of experience between Union Hill inn and Terri really showed. I will highly recommend Union Hill in to any of my friends getting married. Thank you for providing the perfect back drop for our perfect wedding weekend!!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Union Hill Inn 8
    Union Hill Inn 9

Union Hill Inn's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review we are so happy that your experience was the best day ever!!!

we would love to see more pictures of your wedding when you have them ready..

All the Best,
    Barbara
  • Timothy

Timothy · Married on 04/27/2019

Private, beautiful and accommodating!

This private venue in the adorable town of Sonora, CA is the absolute perfect place to share your wedding with friends and family. All our guests were blown away by the variety of indoor and outdoor gathering spaces Union Hill offers. This weekend retreat gave us the opportunity to spend quality time with our friends and family from Friday at noon until Sunday at 2pm. I know of no other location that offers this amazing of deal. What a great value!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/25/2019
    Union Hill Inn 10

Union Hill Inn's reply:

So Very nice of you two to give such a glowing review!! Remember
    now you and your family (and of course pets) are officially alums !!
    Your Weekend Retreat awaits for photos, anniversaries, Renewal of Vows... family reunion....so many possibilities
    Thanks to you both!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved everything about our union hill wedding

The chapel took our breath away when we saw it online and in person it was even more beautiful. Union hill is beautiful and absolutely worth the 1.5-2 hour drive for us. Our wedding was even more than we hoped for. Owners of union hill were fantastic to work with. The cottages and breakfast provided were fantastic and convienant. Our whole weekend wedding festivities were incredible. Absolutely check it out.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Morgan · Married on 08/04/2018

This venue was AMAZING, to say the least. Working with the owner Barbara was easy and she was there for me if I needed any questions answered. This venue needs minimal added decor... it has so much elegance and beauty. Not to mention they do have a sign and decor shed that they let there customers use. You can help yourself to anything in them. Not only did the rustic venue sell me, you get the property at noon on Friday and you don't have to be cleaned up and off property until 2pm on Sunday!! You also get access to the 5 private cottages on the property, that are adorable and vintage style. There are also ENDLESS photo opportunities. I can't say enough good things about this venue, it is a must see!!!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Union Hill Inn 11
    Union Hill Inn 12
    Union Hill Inn 13
    Union Hill Inn 14

Brittney · Married on 05/05/2018

Beautiful venue and getting to spend the whole weekend with our bridal party was the best!

Sent on 08/16/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 12/03/2016

The BEST wedding venue EVER! Union Hill Inn is all inclusive- The ceremony (the chapel is to die for!), reception hall and cabins for guests/bridal party to stay in for the whole weekend are all included! One thing I always disliked about weddings is how quickly they flew by- Union Hill combats this by turning your wedding into a full weekend affair. Everyone raved about the venue and the food all weekend (they cook you breakfast!). The property is GORGEOUS and the staff is friendly. Dogs are welcome- we brought our dog for the weekend and she LOVED it. I cannot have enough great things to say about this place. Our wedding weekend was a fairytale thanks to Union Hill Inn.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Karlie · Married on 11/26/2016

Perfection! From the moment I stepped onto the UHI grounds I immediately knew it was the place where I NEEDED to get married. There was a wedding taking place when I was at the grounds so we couldn't do a walk through but I didn't care. I went home and called the next day to book our date. I didn't care when it was I just knew it had to be there. There truly is only one phrase to explained how perfect this venue is : breath-taking. The fact that it's basically an all inclusive venue makes the price a total steal. 3 days on property with places to stay, tables, chairs, linings, glassware, crafts, etc. all the little things you don't know you need until someone brings them to your attention is there ready for your use. Not many decorations are needed for this venue as it's one of the most beautiful locations I have ever seen. If you enjoy the outdoors and the mountains this is your spot. It's nuzzled up off the side of a road which creates the feeling of being in your own private oasis! All of our guests were so pleased and in awe over the beauty that union hill inn has to offer. Barbara and her staff are so accommodating and we had thee best experience with them! I would get married here again- a million times over and over! Or maybe just vow renewals
    ;-) thank you union hill !

Sent on 12/06/2016

Beth · Married on 09/24/2016

This venue is amazing! Our guests were blown away by the venue, and the rustic setting of our wedding. Being able to have the venue for the whole weekend was a blast! You can really make the venue your own, and it has so many option to where your ceremony and reception could be. We wouldn't have had it any other way!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Janelle · Married on 07/09/2016

You cannot get any better than Union Hill. The venue is STUNNING, the owner and staff are AMAZING and so easy to work with. Spending the money on something as all inclusive as Union Hill is so well worth it. Staying there for the whole weekend takes so much stress away and you are able to truly enjoy the event and the beautiful property. All of my guests are still raving about the location and how wonderful it was. Barbara and her team are simply the best. She provides you with a list of vendors they work with regularly and the name of a coordinator (Terri was beyond perfection) which takes a lot of the guessing game out of figuring out how to make the whole day come together. I would recommend UH to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Meredith · Married on 05/16/2015

I just had my wedding at Union Hill Inn and everyone cannot stop talking about how incredible the venue is! From the chapel to the Terrace everything was perfect. We used a new space at the venue because our guest list was so large. The staff at Union Hill bent over backwards to make sure the space was perfect for our party. Many guests are saying it was the best wedding they've ever attended. We used Union Hill for both the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. From Friday to Sunday the venue was ours to use and it was gorgeous. I could not have dreamt of it being any better. All the suites and cottages have their own flair and personality too. They cook breakfast and brunch Saturday and Sunday as well. The spread was delicious. I wish I could go back and do it all over again!

Sent on 05/23/2015

van · Married on 04/18/2015

Barbara and Don go above and beyond what I imaged our wedding would be. They took care of us and made sure everything ran smoothly. They had breakfast for us everyday and their wedding package is amazing. They have a wonderful staff that made sure every little detail is taken care of. Plus, their venue is absolutely gorgeous. I've never seen a venue that is both professional yet kind and caring to their customers. Barbara is very honest and straight to the point and does not try to over or under sell anything. But she will provide the services her customers pay for and more and I greatly appreciate all the work her, her husband, and the entire UH staff.

Thank you so much! Vattman can't wait to come back and hang out again. :)

Sent on 06/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 12/03/2014

What can I say, WOW!! Union Hill Inn was my dream venue and it really was well worth it! Barbara was so amaIng to us she really gets invested in her brides and cares about every wedding! The venue is gorgeous and what a value the package included a whole weekend of use of the property so you don't only have rooms for family you have a rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception venue. My wedding was perfect and I can't thank Barbara enough. thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Union Hill Inn was the perfect location for our wedding. The only thing I wish I could change is if we could have stayed longer.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Suzanne · Married on 02/24/2013

I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding! We secured the property for the entire weekend. Having that much time together really eased the pressure. The grounds are beautiful; it was exactly what my daughter had dreamed it would be.
    It is nice that downtown Sonora is just 10 minutes up the road; guests found plenty of places to stay.
    The brunch was scrumptious! Over the top delicious! If I were to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 02/06/2014
  • Alisha

Alisha · Married on 11/11/2012

We got the whole place all weekend!! It made the entire experience stress-free and enjoyable for both my husband and I, and our families were especially thankful for breakfast each morning. Barbara is the sweetest woman and all the people who helped out were so kind and flexible when I changed my mind about the dinner set-up. I would never have wanted to get married anywhere else!

Sent on 12/08/2012

Jillian · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I had our wedding at Union Hill Inn on October 20, 2012. We spent the entire weekend there. Words cannot even describe how amazingly wonderful Union Hill Inn truly is. Pictures do not even begin to give this venue justice. I fell in love with this venue the very first time I saw it. I told my then fiance that this was a dream wedding location. It truly was. From the scenery to the decor, I termed this place "rustic elegance". The owners, Barbara and Don, are the most welcoming and kind people. They made our entire weekend so special, and they will do anything for you. I cannot thank them enough for all their help, and for creating this truly magical experience. Our guests could not get over how gorgeous the venue was, and got told mutiple times that the wedding was like a magazine wedding! There is no other place I could have ever imagined me getting married at besides Union Hill Inn.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Steph · Married on 05/26/2012

We got married at Union Hill Inn last weekend and could not have picked a better venue. The property is gorgeous and the owners are as sweet as can be! We had so many events on the property throughout the wedding weekend as the property has so much to offer. When you are on the property, you feel like you are in the middle of the woods and secluded from everything. We had 25 people on property with us and even more who camped and the rest of the guests stayed just 2 miles down the road. Every morning Barbara made a delicious breakfast for us. Every detail was taken care of and our guests were constantly in awe.

Union Hill Inn is perfect for a couple who wants to do more than just the wedding ceremony and reception, wants guests to be able to stay on property in the inn/camping, and wants to provide their wedding guests a unique experience.

Thank you to the Inn owners, Barbara and Don for keeping the property so beautiful and providing the most memorable wedding experience.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2008

Union Hill is a lovely, magical place to get married with so many venue options to choose from on site. We used it for the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception, and each area was beautiful and functional. There are indoor and outdoor options and that was important to us. Barbara and Don are wonderful to work with and very helpful! They were very accommodating, letting us visit the inn over and over and answering all our questions. Barbara also gave us some great suggestions for helping us choose other vendors. We would highly recommend Union Hill as a wedding site, and hope you will find it as perfect as we did. Thanks Barbara and Don!

Sent on 09/30/2008

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2008

What an amasing place to have a wedding, it was beautiful and they were so helpful with everything!

Sent on 01/19/2009

Shelby · Married on 04/26/2008

Barbara is the most helpful sweet person to work with. Everything is up front and she makes you feel completely comfortable with everything and makes the best breakfast. The inn is more than beautiful and cozy perfect for the family to relax. She really tries to accommodate you in any way she can. can't wait to go back

Sent on 09/24/2008

Alisha · Married on 12/12/2015

I cannot say enough about how incredible Union Hill Inn is. Absolutely everything about this venue and their staff is incredible.

As a venue, this place offers an immense amount of flexibility to your needs. The chapel, of course, offers an incredible place for your wedding ceremony. It's by far the show-stopper, and getting married in there was everything I hoped for. What I didn't expect was how much I would love and become attached to every other place on the property. We spent a good amount of time in the Dairy Barn. We had our rehearsal dinner in there (about 25 people, very comfortably), breakfast/brunch on Saturday and Sunday, and a post-reception party after our wedding. It was the perfect hang out for us all weekend long. The reception hall was gorgeous and easy to navigate. And the rooms! Everyone that got to stay on the property absolutely loved their room. The decor and charm in each little place really makes this place special.

The staff here at Union Hill are nothing less than extraordinary. Each person was incredibly kind, thoughtful and helpful. They all clearly take tremendous pride in the property. It shows in the way they care for it and those that visit. The breakfasts provided by the Inn were scrumptious!

If there was one thing that I could add to make the weekend even better it would be a clear outline of do's, don'ts and guidelines. There is so much to this property that you can easily overlook something spectacular. Barbara and Don give their guests a ton of freedom throughout the weekend, and really don't come around too much. We were weary of using something we shouldn't or violating a policy we were unaware of. Perhaps this really worked to their benefit as we in turn treated the property as we would our own. This is, after all, their home and it should be treated as such.

Thank you UHI for the most incredible weekend of our lives.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Union Hill Inn was my dream venue. It had everything you could possibly need. It was a one stop shop for all the important stuff, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, AND breakfast the next day (can you really beat that?) My husband and I are so glad we chose to get married at Union Hill. It may seem expensive, but my sister got married a year and a half before we did, and she spent more on her wedding than we did because we had everything on the grounds. Not to mention the stress free atmosphere that weekend created since we never had to leave the grounds! Showing up at noon on Friday, not having to worry about driving any where for the rehearsal or the rehearsal dinner, we stayed up as late as we needed to, we got ready on the grounds the next day, and then keeping the party going until late at night! The music has to be shut off by a certain time, but the remaining guests and the bridal party went down to the fire pit and hung out until we could barely stay awake. As a bride, I have never been more relaxed in my life. This was money WELL spent.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Keralyn · Married on 06/18/2016

This is a beautiful oasis for family and friends to gather over an entire weekend for whichever event you choose to hold at Union Hill. My husband and I had our wedding there this June and it was more than we ever dreamed. Our family and friends all enjoyed their time on the property and raved about the historic charm throughout. It truly is one of a kind. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the chapel is stunning. There are so many options for entertaining throughout the property, you'll have a hard time choosing where to spend your time. Staying in one of their cottages will make you feel right at home. They are private and very comfortable. Our bridal party were all very grateful for the beautiful and relaxing weekend getaway. Having multiple cottages to offer them allowed us to spend extra time relaxing with them before and after the wedding. Some of the bridal party and their children utilized the pool with their down time. It really felt like a vacation.

In addition to the property and all of the amenities, the owners Don and Barbara (and their entire staff), are warm and very accommodating. They were always nearby to lend a helping hand or answer a question for any of our guests. They make delicious breakfast too, what a treat!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Casey · Married on 10/01/2011

Union Hill is a very beautiful, rustic and flexible venue. We loved having our wedding here due to the many choices for ceremony and reception (LOVED the old barn converted into a chapel) and the flexibility! It meant alot that we had the venue for the whole weekend and could have our family and friends stay and even have breakfast there as well. We even got to have our rehearsal dinner there which was also very special. Most other venues we looked at, you only got for 6 hours total so this was a blessing! Be prepared to higher a professional wedding planner or do a lot of work yourself (set-up, break down) but 90% of the things you need (dinnerware, tables, chairs, tablecloths, etc) are already there so we barely had to rent anything. With the help of family and friends, we had the perfect wedding that we planned just how we wanted it!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Megan · Married on 04/17/2010

My husband and I just got married at the Union Hill Inn and we are so happy that we chose that location. It was absolutely beautiful and we had access to so many props and locations. We saved a ton of money by making our own centerpieces using the many vases that are part of the package at the inn. All of our guests mentioned how beautiful the location was. Both the breakfast and brunch provided by Barbara were great. She is such a sweetheart. I woke up really nervous and nauseous the morning of my wedding and my fiance mentioned it casually to her. Next thing I knew she had sent over a ginger cookie and tea to try to make me feel better. She and her staff were very helpful with the setup of our wedding and with any questions we had during the process. The only downside to the place was that our toilet had issues during the weekend we were there. Other than that we loved our experience there.

Sent on 04/20/2010