Union Bluff Hotel Reviews

Union Bluff Hotel 6
Union Bluff Hotel 7

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2019

Fantastic experience

We couldn’t have chosen a better spot. The hotel and the view are beautiful. We had our ceremony and reception in the meeting house and it was perfect - plenty of space while also feeling very intimate. A special thank you goes out to Amy who helped answer every question along the way and was genuinely invested in making sure we had the best day ever! Two thumbs up, 5/5, A++, and nothing but the best to the Union Bluff Hotel and their phenomenal staff.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing weekend had by all!

Union Bluff was absolutely amazing in helping us plan and execute our dream wedding. From our first meeting with Amy, she was so professional and answered all the questions we had, honestly. I never felt like we were being pushed upsell items & they truly helped us navigate how to plan a wedding. Amy is always available through email, quickly responding to even the silliest questions I had. They were upfront about their costs & were very affordable - we did get married in the off season which helped this part. The wedding weekend was unreal. The attentiveness of Amy and her staff was something I had never seen before. Whatever we needed, we had it immediately keeping everyone’s nerves at ease. Amy made sure the flow of the night went smoothly for us and our guests. Always checking in on us & making sure we were doing okay throughout the night. The meetinghouse is a gorgeous venue & having the rooms above the ballroom was awesome. We had our own building & were able to hang with friends and family without worrying about disturbing the rest of the hotel. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and what a great stay they had in the hotel. When I say Amy & Union Bluff are top notch, that’s even an understatement. We could not have asked for a better wedding weekend & we owe so much to Amy for that!! 5+ stars!!

Sent on 04/28/2019
    Union Bluff Hotel 12
    Union Bluff Hotel 13

Bob St Jean · Married on 11/03/2018

Outstanding Service

The Union Bluff is an outstanding location for a wedding, but location is only part of what happens that day or weekend, It's the staff involved in treating the guests from check-in to check -out and they were outstanding. Our wedding coordinator Amy was such an asset to the bride and groom from day one, She has the ability to handle all situation and "oh" keep the parents under control.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Suzie Leitao · Married on 09/16/2018

Union Bluff Meeting House

From the second we walked in to the front doors of the Meeting House we knew this would be the best place for our wedding. Our first meeting with Darlene she made us instantly feel like family. As it should be whether you are two men, two woman, a man and a women she treated us as a couple in love wanting to have the perfect wedding. Once we chose the Meeting House as our venue Darlene listened to every little detail of what we wanted. The execution on our special day was flawless (even with last minute changes). Every recommendation she made, the DJ, photographer, florist were the right choices for us. Having your ceremony on the lawn with the beautiful ocean backdrop made for stunning pictures. Most of our guests stayed at the Union Bluff Hotel which was so convenient for out of state travelers. My wife and I would recommend anyone looking for the best wedding experience to contact Darlene and her Team for your special day.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Union Bluff Hotel 14
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

Best venue out there

If you are looking for a gorgeous beach or ocean venue or trying to go for a nautical theme there is no venue more perfect! Honestly there are too many good things to say about this venue that I can't even write them. My wedding day was truly exactly what I wanted and perfect thanks to this beautiful venue and their wedding planner Darlene! Seriously Darlene takes care of everything! I can be a bit of a control freak and went to the reception to put decor where I wanted it, but I didn't have to touch a single thing. Darlene had already gone above and beyond and made the room perfect! Any wedding disaster or if anything goes wrong Darlene is on it and fixes it before you can even freak out...Every bride needs that on her wedding day! My guests are raving over how beautiful the venue was inside and out and how great the food was! Sometimes wedding food isn't the best because it's cooked in bulk, but let me tell you our food was perfectly cooked! Guests said the filet minion was best they ever had, harvest stuffed chicken was nice and moist, and the butternut squash raviolis (vegetarian) were tasty! I could go on and on about this place. So if you want the best and most beautiful venue for wedding look no further than the Union Bluff!

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Union Bluff Hotel 19
    Union Bluff Hotel 20
  • Riley

Riley · Married on 07/27/2018

The Union Bluff was a dream venue for us! It had everything we wanted from a beach front venue without the enormous price tag that a lot of other vendors had. Genna was an amazing coordinator and helped us with everything about the wedding and always responded to us very promptly. My friends and family couldn't say enough great things about how beautiful everything was on our wedding day!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

The Union Bluff Meeting House is an amazing venue! I got married there on July 15th, and it was such a wonderful day - all thanks to the amazing staff! Amy Sallese was my coordinator, and she went above and beyond to make sure my big day was a success. She was there for me every step of the way - with great vendor recommendations, food tastings, checklists, etc. And on my wedding day, she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly (and she made sure me and my husband ate something - that was huge!). It was a perfect day - we got married on the lawn, had cocktail hour on the patio, and had the reception in the ballroom. I highly recommend getting married here!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Emily · Married on 07/01/2018

I am so happy we chose Union Bluff for our wedding weekend. The food was AMAZING and we're still getting compliments about it. The location is perfect. Genna was our coordinator who was super responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. There were a few hiccups at our reception (my husband and I forgot to tell the DJ I wasn't doing a bouquet toss!!) and Genna made it 100% work and was totally calm. They have tons of in-house decorations that they let couples use which is also super helpful!
    If you're getting married on a Sunday be aware that moving rooms can be a bit stressful! We stayed in the main hotel on the Saturday night before our wedding and switched to the bridal suite for Sunday as the Sunday wedding can't have the bridal suite on Saturday nights. But, the Sunday minimums are VERY reasonable (as are plate prices) so it's totally worth it for brides on a budget.
    My one complaint would be the hotel staff wasn't super pleasant and a few guests said certain ones were rude. But otherwise, The Meeting House, Genna and her staff were amazing. If I could do it all over again I'd choose the Meeting House a million times.

Sent on 07/18/2018
  • Mandy M.

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2018

Genna and the whole UB team exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding in June 2018! From the minute I walked into the ballroom to scope out the venue, Genna was so friendly and willing to show us around and answer all our questions. Considering I had dropped by unannounced, I was surprised by the warm welcome, as this is NOT the norm, as some of you may have already experienced visiting wedding venues. It really put me at ease. At the time, we were in the middle of lengthy negotiations/contracts with another popular venue in the area and I was feeling pretty anxious and deflated by the experience so far. Once I walked into the UB Meeting House, it felt right. We scrapped our plans with the other venue immediately, and I am honestly so pleased with our decision to have our wedding at the UB Meeting House. Mid-way through the planning process my husband got an international job offer and we relocated to the London. Genna didn't miss a beat, and we still managed to complete the planning process via email and phone as needed. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The food was incredible. The staff was amazing and so accommodating to our guests (many of whom were visiting from around the country and world -UK, Nigeria, India). We were able to customize the ballroom and the experience exactly to fit our vision. We also loved the fact that for a Saturday night wedding you get(or are required to book) the 8 hotel room directly above the venue. It really made it feel like our space, and it was so convenient to be able to pop up to my room to bustle the dress, change shoes etc that night of the wedding. We also hosted a wedding brunch in the ballroom that next morning, which was awesome for guests to enjoy a little more of the venue together. I don't hesitate to recommend the UB to other couples!!!! Thank you UB for everything!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Alison · Married on 05/19/2018

Where to begin?! This venue was a dream come true! The entire union bluff team was amazing and especially Genna who was there to make everything go smoothly through the whole process! The big day could not have gone better. From the food to organizing the decorations was just amazing! I received so many compliments from friends and family through out the whole day. I would 100% highly recommend union bluff meeting house for your dream wedding!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2018

I don't even know where to begin with the amazing experience we had at the Union Bluff Meeting House. Darlene and the team were amazing! I am an event planner and was worried I would have a hard time letting go and enjoying the day without thinking of all the little details, but the moment I met with Darlene I knew I was in good hands. She was always there to answer questions and was very flexible when we had changes. Every detail that I envisioned came to life in the most perfect way and the ballroom looked even better than I imagined!

The food at the Union Bluff is amazing. People are still telling me how delicious it was and what their favorite hors d'oeuvres was. The service was also fantastic. A waitress was assigned to me and my husband during the night to make sure we got food at the cocktail hour and were able to enjoy our dinner. You hear so many horror stories of the bride and groom not getting a chance to eat, but the Union Bluff took care of that.

I would highly recommend the Union Bluff Meeting House to anyone looking for the perfect seaside wedding venue.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2018

To sum it all up... WOW!

Amy and the entire Union Bluff staff were absolutely incredible. I was an ambitious DIY bride - I did all the flowers, centerpieces, decorations, etc. myself and I was worried things wouldn't be set up the way I had pictured. I should have known better because Amy is AMAZING. When she brought me down to see everything all set up, I was moved to tears. Everything was absolutely perfect. I barely gave her any instruction and she knew exactly what to do... she is truly talented! She made sure everything ran smoothly and I never once felt stressed out.

The food was outstanding. We chose NY Strip Steak and Seafood Stuffed Haddock... the steaks were huge and the haddock was done perfectly. Our guests were shocked that wedding food could taste so good!

What really surprised us was the service we received from everyone at the Union Bluff. Bartenders, wait staff, housekeeping, front desk staff... everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We had a bunch of our guests spend the weekend and everyone we talked to was blown away by the beauty of the hotel and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

Words can't describe how incredible the Union Bluff was. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the Union Bluff is a huge reason why. Thank you to Amy and everyone else for such a wonderful day!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Erica · Married on 12/02/2017

Absolutely amazing!! Far better than I could have even imagined. Thank you Genna and Union Bluff Meeting House!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I got engaged August of 2016 and had a family vacation two weeks later in York. At the time I was an event coordinator in Boston which meant my planning mode went into high gear and I snuck in a few venue tours mid-week of our vaca. The second we stepped foot at Union Bluff my heart dropped. Now we just had to sell the groom! We met with our planner Amy who explained all of the packages, ceremony options, and reception. Our guest count was around 135 and everyone was coming from Massachusetts. The moment we saw the menu I knew my husband would approve ! We splurged and did the platinum package which included cake dj valet and so much more......we adored every single vendor Amy recommended. I cannot rave enough about this woman. Throughout the engagement my husband and I bought a home had a child and I transitioned from city event coordinator to a stay at home mom. Translation: Amy got hundreds of emails from me that could have easily been trimmed to a handful but she responded quickly every single time. Any question I had was answered the following Email! Being in the business I know That brides with a wedding one year away don't need linen colors immediately, but Amy never made me feel that way! It was as if I was the only bride Union Bluff had, the connection and experience I had while planning made our day even more exciting! The food was to die for, the views were breathtaking, and the staff stole my heart! We chose to have both our ceremony and reception on property and the pictures attached speak for themselves ! No matter where you are on the property it is perfect for photos ! We settled on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, so unfortunately guests did pay the expensive Maine room fee BUT every single one of my guests complimented the hotel service as well. The location sells itself but it is truly the employees who make the venue the most amazing venue in New England.

Sent on 10/13/2017
    Union Bluff Hotel 21
    Union Bluff Hotel 22
    Union Bluff Hotel 23
    Union Bluff Hotel 24
    Union Bluff Hotel 25

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding at the Union Bluff Meeting House on 8/26/17, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in Southern Maine! Darlene is AMAZING. She is organized, professional, helpful and always on top of everything - she is literally everything you would ever want in a wedding coordinator! We had the best weather for our wedding with the most beautiful outdoor lawn ceremony, lovely cocktail hour on the patio, and incredible reception in the ballroom. The food was amazing and the entire staff was phenomenal! We received so many compliments from our family and guests, and we continue to receive compliments to this day about how perfect the venue and location was! A HUGE thank you to Darlene and team for helping to make our day so special, by far the best venue to work with!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Abigail · Married on 08/25/2017

I couldn't be happier with my wedding at the Union Bluff! Our wedding coordinator, Amy, was amazing. We viewed several venues in the area and chose the Union Bluff partly because of how great she was! Amy was so easy to work with and kept us on track throughout the entire planning process. Our guests had a great weekend and continue to tell us how much they loved the Union Bluff as well as the local area. I can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Nilda · Married on 08/05/2017

My daughter got married at the Union Bluff Meeting House on 8/5/17. We were so impressed and pleased with how professional both Genna, event coordinator and the entire staff was. They went out of the way to make the day special; it was evident to me that they loved their job.

We had family travel from all over the country to attend the wedding; it was great that once they got to the Union Bluff House, no one had to drive the entire weekend. The ceremony was held at the lawn of the Union Bluff hotel and the reception just steps away. The food at the reception was awesome. We also had a send off breakfast after the wedding which was also wonderful.

Sent on 08/12/2017
  • I

Isabel · Married on 08/05/2017

We had our wedding at the Union Bluff Meeting House on 8/5/17 and we couldn’t have been happier. It truly was a magical day. Our coordinator Genna Perry was absolutely amazing. She was organized, helpful, calm and friendly. Everything you want in a wedding coordinator. Our ceremony was under a tent on the lawn and it was wonderful exchanging vows with the waves in the background. They were calling for rain and thunderstorms but they passed and it ended up being perfect weather. I got all the pictures I wanted on the cliffs and the beach. The ballroom was decorated beautifully and the food was incredible. I had the haddock with lobster sauce and my husband did the filet. Both delicious! We also did the sendoff brunch which Amy did a great job helping with. Everyone was raving about what a blast they had at our wedding. I recommend the Union Bluff Meeting House for your wedding. They do a fabulous job and it’s a great value for being right on the beach!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Pamela · Married on 07/30/2017

Genna and the entire staff at the Union Bluff made our wedding day flawless. The Union Bluff is one of our favorite spots in Maine, and to be able to have our wedding there this past July 30th exceeded all of our expectations. All of our guests are still talking about what a wonderful venue it was, and how much they truly enjoyed the entire weekend.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Kayla · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our dream wedding at the Union Bluff. It was an absolutely perfect day and we couldn't have asked for more. Our guests are still raving about it. Our wedding coordinator was super helpful both during the planning process and on the wedding day. Their preferred vendor list made it easy to find some fantastic vendors. If you are looking for a beach wedding, the Union Bluff will not disappoint.

Sent on 08/17/2017
    Union Bluff Hotel 30
    Union Bluff Hotel 31
    Union Bluff Hotel 32

Alissa · Married on 07/16/2017

My husband and I got married three weeks ago at the Union Bluff Meeting House. There aren't enough amazing things to say about Darlene, Amy, and Glenna. They are all so sweet, helpful, and supportive. They truly made the planning of a wedding do-able and easy! Darlene makes every wedding important to her. Everything will run perfectly, thanks to her and her planning. If you are thinking of getting married here, I can't imagine a better venue or staff that you will work with!!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Linda · Married on 07/16/2017

I just want to thank Darlene and the whole crew for the most memorable and beautifully done wedding of my son Ryan and Daughter in-law Allissa Clancy. Darlene went above and beyond in making this a fairly tale wedding. She guided us though the whole process and just made it a very special day to remember. Also to the motel for going above and beyond to make us all comfortable. Recommend them highly!!! Linda Clancy

Sent on 09/17/2017

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

Our wedding experience with the Union Bluff Meeting House and Darlene truly surpassed anything we had ever dreamed of! The venue itself is absolutely amazing and speaks for itself. Everything from the view of Short Sands, to the pristine inside, to the delicious send off brunch. We worked with Darlene as our coordinator and she made the entire experience (both planning and day of) so easy and fun. Darlene was extremely helpful with any questions that we had and responded to emails right away with numerous suggestions. The day of she was extremely calm/fun and made it so that we didn't have to think about anything but each other. We cannot wait to go back every year for our anniversary. If you are looking for a wedding venue we HIGHLY recommend the Union Bluff Meeting House!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

We got married at the Union Bluff Meeting House on July 8th, and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is amazing- we were married in front of the ocean on the lawn, had a fabulous cocktail hour outside on the patio, and so much fun during the reception inside. It is such a beautiful, classy, and comfortable venue! Genna coordinated our wedding from start to finish, and we couldn't have asked for someone more attentive, calm, and caring about making sure our day was perfect! She handled everything from recommending vendors, to preparing the timelines and decorating the space, to helping me when I ripped my dress- she was absolutely amazing and we can't thank her enough! Amy did a fabulous job with our wedding and breakfast too, she was so friendly, helpful, and accommodating to us! We also can't thank Evan enough, he took great care of transporting my grandmother from the ceremony to the reception so she wouldn't have to walk far, and we greatly appreciated his help! All of the staff, servers, housekeepers, and bartenders were awesome at the Union Bluff Hotel & Meeting House, and we can not thank them all enough for making our dream wedding weekend come true! We & our guests had a fabulous time! Thank you all so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2017