Two Kindred Event Planners Reviews

45 | Brooklyn, NY

45 Reviews for Two Kindred Event Planners

Marcie Orley · Getting married on 07/02/2021

SO FABULOUS- Start to finish!!

SO FABULOUS- Start to finish!!
    Jonathan and Alison worked with us for our daughter's wedding. It was a major production- big wedding, rehearsal dinner, brunch- lots of venues, lots of moving pieces and very elaborate decor. Our daughter's vision was very unique and they realized it completely. They were incredible. They kept everyone on track, organized the vendors, and were completely unfazed- they were always the calm center of the storm of activity. They were present throughout the weekend and made us all feel that everything was handled and we were taken care of. We couldn't have been happier and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/19/2020

Cara Sabo · Getting married on 04/10/2021

Simply Amazing!

Jonathan and Ali were there every step of our wedding. We had to replan our wedding twice and had to change our location from a venue in Brooklyn to our backyard in PA. I would highly recommend hiring Jonathan and Ali, they were fantastic. They are so detail oriented, organized and positive. I said several times throughout our wedding night, "Thank God we have Jonathan and Ali". There was no task they weren't up for; from organizing our reception, directing vendors, tying my husband's bow tie, holding my dress from the rain, escorting family, they did it all! Even my family was raving about them and were so happy to have "point people" for direction. They are the perfect duo and allow you to enjoy your wedding day! Thank you Jonathan and Ali for everything you did for our big day!!

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Sophia

Sophia C · Married on 10/11/2020

The Absolute Best!

We initially stumbled upon Two Kindred Events when my partner and I got engaged in March 2020. We were hoping to plan a 250-person wedding for spring of 2021. Fast forward 6 months, this seemed less and less likely given the pandemic situation. We did not want to wait. We were tired of feeling uncertain. And so we reached out to Alison and Jonathan for a consultation. In the end, we had a 6-person ceremony and a 25-person outdoor dinner in early October. It could not have been more perfect. Not only did they help us with vendors and covid logistics, they also made our day stress free and seamless. Our guests absolutely loved the experience and we had the best time ever. We cannot recommend Alison and Johnathon enough. We are still hoping to do a larger event in the future when it is safe to travel and gather again. And this was an amazing trial run. We hope to work with them again and so should you!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • RoseS

OR S · Married on 11/10/2019

Wonderful!!

Jonathan and Alison are amazing wedding planners. We hired them for mostly month of planning, with some additional help leading up to the wedding. They probably saved us thousands of dollars and hours of time in recommendations for vendors alone. When they stepped in to take over communications with the vendors, they did it seamlessly. I am a type A personality and felt totally calm and taken care of by TK Events. They are lovely people, and on the day of the wedding I did not spend a minute of time worry about anything - they had everything covered. Got many compliments about them from our wedding party, and will add that when one of our guests had an anaphylactic allergic reaction, Jonathan and Alison swooped in and helped her get medical attention so quickly. They are really awesome - from day 1 until the day of the wedding. Can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kristian

Kristian Georgiev · Married on 10/05/2019

Expert planners and lovely people to work with!

Jonathan and Alison were so enormously helpful as our wedding coordinators! They worked with us for the six weeks up to and including the wedding day at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. We considered ourselves very hands-on through our planning process, but there were dozens of details that the TK team helped with that we could not have foreseen—informing vendors of other vendors’ plan changes, ferrying supplies, being there to course correct when the inevitable last-minute change happens. They kept in super close touch with us throughout via phone, email, and video chat, and were always extremely prompt, responsive, and friendly. On the wedding day, they served invaluable functions, like photography direction, helping the band set up, cueing the ceremony, outfit adjustments, and end-of-night supplies gathering—all in a gentle and non-obtrusive way that let us relax and enjoy the moments that made up the day. Our wedding had some moderately non-traditional elements, and J&A were incredibly instrumental in getting our vision made into a reality that we were able to experience fully and enjoy completely!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 09/30/2019

Best Wedding Planner Experience EVER

Jonathan from Two Kindred Events was one of the most integral vendors of our wedding. He was incredibly organized and didn't leave anything up to chance. We had him for the month of our wedding and helped us coordinate with other vendors throughout the month and day of. Our guests also noticed how hospitable Jonathan was during the Big Day. Our money was well spent with Two Kindred Events and would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Joanne Hunter · Married on 08/23/2019

The Best Wedding Planning Duo!

I am not sure where to start here. When I began planning my wedding I had no clue what I was doing. I researched and picked vendors and hoped for the best. Choosing TK Event Planners was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding. I have not been to many weddings and had not planned one before (ha) so I needed help. Not only did I not have a clue, I was planning this wedding long distance. They guided me and didn't make me feel like an idiot when I asked silly questions. Everything was perfect when day of came and if something went wrong i did not notice it. They made sure i was stress free and answered all last minute questions that my husband had (he had plenty!). Highly recommend this duo - they were truly angels for us.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Emily Garvey · Married on 08/10/2019

Best planners for the modern Brooklyn bride

I can safely say that Jonathan & Alison are the best choice I made for my wedding. They are on top of their sh*t and instantly put me at ease with their expertise, experience and personalities. I wish I’d brought them in sooner to the process: they were people I’d be friends with outside the craziness of wedding world, so they had a sense of what I wanted as a modern Brooklyn Bride and made it happen with the utmost of professionalism and respect for everyone involved (my mom, both families etc). They caught a mistake in a vendor contract that saved us $800. They had ideas to elevate the entire celebration even though we were six weeks out: decor, flow, even my interfaith ceremony. They had style AND substance. And on top of it all, having two planners behind me vs. one put me at ease (my wedding was only 135 people and I don’t know how one person could do it?) I’d been with another planner before and switched to them, and I’m so so so happy I did. I’m going to miss them!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Sara

Sara Weil · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Team!!

When we got engaged, we knew we wanted to hire a planner for partial planning services (i.e. managing our vendors, organization, etc. plus month of services) to keep us organized and share great ideas. After calls with several companies, we decided to go with TKE. Alison and Jonathan are a great team and throughout the year that we worked with them, answered all of our many calls and emails within the same day, if not the same hour, and shared many helpful resources along the way.

They were also key in helping us pick our vendors. Rather than spending hours and hours browsing through vendors online, we told them our budget, style and what we were looking for, and sent us 3-5 vendors that were spot on every time. It made putting our wedding team together a breeze!

On the day of our wedding, my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We really got to enjoy the day without the stresses of "hosting", and Alison and Jonathan moved everything along smoothly and flexibly. If there was an issue, we either didn't know about it or they took care of it immediately. We're so happy we hired them!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Divinity

Divinity Roxx · Married on 05/19/2019

We can't imagine pulling this wedding off without Two Kindred Event Planners!

We can’t imagine pulling this wedding off without Two Kindred Event Planners!!! We had been trying to lock in our day with Alison and Jonathan for almost a year before our wedding. We were interested in the month of planning package but they only accept those contracts six-months before the event. We reached out every month leading up to the six-month mark to make sure our day was still available. Alison responded to each of my inquiries consistently and pleasantly. When the time arrived we were really excited that they were still available to work with us. We knew we were going to need help the day of the wedding but because one of us had to move cross-country for a gig the month before the wedding, we didn’t know how invaluable these two would become for our special day. They were always responsive. They managed our 15 plus vendors with ease. They communicated throughout the entire process but they kept us away from the drama. They made our wedding look easy, and it wasn’t. Everything about our day was seamless and smooth from our perspective. They made sure to highlight all of the details that were important to us. Needless to say we would highly recommend them for anybody’s wedding. Part of the appeal is that there are two of them and they pay such close attention to detail that no “t” is left uncrossed and no “i” un-dotted. They’re young, professional, cool, calm and collected, and they go way above and beyond. We appreciated their experience and input. They do this all the time. Our plan is to only do this once. We had an amazing wedding and they are certainly one of the major reasons why. Still smiling! Thank you both! –yani and divi

Sent on 06/25/2019

Meghan Keivel · Married on 04/06/2019

Best choice ever

Hiring Jonathan and Two Kindred Event Planners was the best decision that we could have made for our wedding in Alexandria, VA in April 2019. No detail of your big day will slip through the cracks if you work with Two Kindred.
    My husband and I contracted with Jonathan to serve as our month of coordinator. Having Jonathan as the link between us and our vendors the month of our wedding was by far the most valuable service and ensured we were able to be present and enjoy our wedding day. Jonathan took the time to get to know us before he took over contact with our vendors and I trusted him 100% to handle all month-of arrangements. On top of pulling off every detail we discussed in preparation calls, Jonathan is extremely responsive and made sure to quickly write me back and take care of all my random requests. I can’t tell you how many times during our planning my husband said to me “Thank God we have Jonathan”. Jonathan and Two Kindred Event Planners are a must for all couples looking to have a seamless and joy-filled wedding day!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Gena

Gena Gonzales · Married on 03/30/2019

Best wedding planners!!

Alison and Jonathan are amazing and were an absolutely invaluable help in planning our wedding and on the day-of. We hired them after trying (and struggling) to get started ourselves and it was the best decision we could have made. Alison and Jonathan connected us with truly amazing vendors and made our vision for the wedding come perfectly to life. They were always responsive and available to jump on a call with us at a moment’s notice. I don’t know what we would have done without them on the day-of – Alison and Jonathan went above and beyond, taking care of all the little things and making sure everything ran smoothly and perfectly on time. Our wedding was perfect in such a large part thanks to them and we are so grateful. Besides their experience, organization, calmness and creativity, Jonathan and Alison are also genuinely fun and wonderful people to work with. I am so happy we hired them and we cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Laura McConnell · Married on 11/10/2018

Seamless and Simply the Best

I can’t say enough good things about Jonathan and Two Kindred Events. We did the month-of package. The month leading up to the wedding and the wedding day were simply seamless. I don’t know what I would have done without Jonathan.

As an event professional and control freak, I had a hard time letting go. But Jonathan sat down with us, walked through everything step-by-step, and I felt fully comfortable putting the logistics in his very capable hands. Jonathan took care of everything such as confirming vendors, drop-off times, reception details (before and during the wedding), and more. I didn’t have to worry and I could relax and enjoy the lead up to the wedding. Everything was taken care of SO much that my husband and I were able to take a relaxing weekend trip the week before the wedding! Jonathan’s expertise allowed us to re-center and focus on this huge step we were taking as a couple.

Like many brides, I had a lot of ideas on how I wanted the day to be. Jonathan took those ideas, refined them, and executed them perfectly. He has a 360-degree handle on the entire event. His suggestions, cultivated over many years of event planning experience, truly elevated my wedding and made a huge impression on my guests. For instance, I thought I wanted to sit at the head of the table, but Jonathan’s keen eye convinced me that the photos wouldn’t look right with no one in the background. And he was right! Now we have lovely pictures of us surrounded by friends and family. My bustle unfortunately broke multiple times during the reception and he was right there with his handy toolkit, fixing my dress and calming me down.

Again, I can’t recommend Two Kindred Events enough. It was such an incredible experience that my sister is using them for her wedding in April. I really can’t wait to work with Jonathan again!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Linzy Anderson · Married on 10/20/2018

We couldn't have done it without them.

These guys know their stuff – we felt organized and calm going into our big day thanks to Alison and Jonathan. Couldn't have done it without them. Thank you so so much.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Christina · Married on 09/15/2018

Alison and Jonathan are excellent at what they do, I can't recommend them enough. We met this incredible duo at a local wedding fair and they really stood out from the other wedding planners we talked to because we got the vibe that they genuinely wanted to execute the wedding we envisioned, no up-selling or over-promising anything. My husband and I didn't need full time wedding planning services, but we did need help beyond just the month/day-of coordination. Most of the planners we talked to before meeting Two Kindred were not flexible and would only offer us one or the other, but Two Kindred worked with us to customize a package based on our needs. They truly helped fine-tune what we were envisioning. Throughout the entire planning process, they shed light on all grey areas we weren't sure about, they asked questions we never thought about, and always provided expertise and guidance without ever making us feel like we were compromising our vision. We had a few setbacks occur with other vendors and it all would have been extremely stressful if we didn't have Two Kindred there to guide us. They also really helped us stay within budget by proposing alternative solutions for ways to cut back and guiding us on quantities. We are so happy to say that the day went off without a hitch! Jonathan and Alison were on top of everything, while making us feel completely at ease. Alison would come into the bridal suite every so often to check in and see how I was doing, it really helped calm my nerves. They made sure my husband and I got some alone time together after the ceremony ended (they prepared a toast and some nibbles for us), and when dinner time came around they prepared our plates for us (we did a buffet) and brought to us immediately so that we could have time to eat before making the rounds to say hi to everyone. We just felt like they were truly looking out for us and wanted to make sure we were having a great day and enjoying it all. Hire them for your next event!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Erika · Married on 09/08/2018

Alison and Jonathan are two unassuming superstars. My husband and I had planned a small wedding of just 50 people and weren't sure if we needed wedding planners, but as the process got going we decided we should hire someone to provide help. And we are so glad we did! Alison and Jonathan gave the same attention and care to our small wedding as if it were a 300 person wedding. They were organized, creative, thoughtful and compassionate. They made sure both of us, as well as all of our guests, were well taken care of the day of our wedding. The venue we chose was new to weddings, luckily Alison and Jonathan went above and beyond to not only provide support to us and our guests but also provided support to the caterers and venue when they needed some guidance. Good thing they have a catering background! They are witty, highly professional and caring. Everything you would want from wedding planners. I wouldn't even think about getting married without hiring them.

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • Joanna

Joanna Danino · Married on 09/02/2018

Best decision you will ever make!!

We worked with Jonathan and Alison for 15 months leading up to our wedding in Brooklyn. They curated vendor recommendations based on years of experience and helped us bring our vision to life, from the big picture to the smallest details. This dynamic duo also approached a well known chef in NYC to fulfill our dream of serving delicious food on our wedding day. From start to finish, Jonathan and Alison will be there however you need them. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Gretchen · Married on 08/17/2018

Jonathan and Ali were amazing to work with. Incredibly responsive, available to talk to me any time I had questions or worries and put my mind at ease. They helped with both big and little things, guiding me on decisions and giving me their expert opinion.

There were a couple little things that happened the day of the wedding that changed what we had originally discussed and they made the necessary decisions making things better than originally planned (without freaking me out)! I would recommend them to any one that is thinking of hiring an event planner for your big day!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Vanessa · Married on 08/04/2018

Can’t speak highly enough of Mr. Jonathan Stamper-Halpin!! We were married at Wythe Hotel in BK and he was our day-of coordinator. Upon signing him, I knew I was in good hands as the hotel event staff immediately recognized and said they were excited and eager to collaborate with him and Two Kindred Events once again.
    Jonathan offered excellent advice and was able to settle ideas/decisions that my husband and I weren’t in agreement of. He explained wedding traditions and provided examples of scenarios and setups similar to ours. We had a very high guest count which would challenge the normal layout of a family style dinner at the Wythe, but Jonathan’s catering background put us in good hands, as he has a thorough understanding of what works best for the flow of events.
    Leading up to our big day, we endured a death in the family. Naturally, this threw a curveball our way. Jonathan was sensitive and compassionate. He eased the difficult situation, stayed on top of the crucial last minute changes to our setup and vendor invoices, along with our shifting guest list affected by the tragedy. He did whatever he could to help given the solemn circumstances.
    That aside, our wedding day turned out amazingly. Jonathan facilitated everything and as a bride I felt totally secure and taken care of. He arranged for my husband and I to be at ease, and I was so happy (and surprised) to have gotten as much downtime as I did on my wedding day. I even ripped the slit in my dress just minutes before the ceremony and within seconds Jonathan magically appeared with sewing kit in hand.
    Post-wedding, following up with my vendors, each one mentioned how professional and easy to work with Jonathan was, involving the day-of timeline as well as organizing their final contracts/payments.
    Thank you Jonathan for your great energy, attitude and capabilities. Your white glove handling and overall approach to your job made our special day everything that it was supposed to be.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2018

Alison and Jonathan were absolutely fantastic to work with throughout the duration of our wedding planning process. They guided our ideas and were consistently able to help us keep our planning realistic while still honoring the parts that felt authentic to us. Jonathan and Alison provided us with very helpful google spreadsheets and tools that kept our budget, RSVPs, deadlines, and other details clear and easy to follow. We had an extremely DIY wedding, with LOTS of details to track and quantities to order ourselves. TKE made sure we were not in doubt, and had the information we needed. They always came through for us during a freak-out, and provided solutions at every turn when we most needed them. The day of our wedding, they made sure that everything flowed flawlessly. It was truly the best day of our lives, and we couldn’t have done it without Alison and Jonathan!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Heather · Married on 06/10/2018

Alison and Jonathan did a spectacular job planning our wedding - We could not have asked for two better people to guide us through the planning process. From the moment we started working with them, they were responsive, professional and informative. They patiently and promptly answered all of our questions, even the really silly ones, and were always two steps ahead of where we needed to be. They did an excellent job of sourcing vendors who reflected the feeling we wanted for our wedding, and they took care of every single detail to make sure that the day went smoothly. All of our wedding guests repeatedly commented about how calm and relaxed we seemed on the wedding day, and this was entirely thanks to the hard work of Alison and Jonathan. They did a fantastic job of making us feel like we were always a priority for them and we highly recommend them without any reservations!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Erika · event on: 03/12/2018

Two Kindred Events was amazing to work with. Alison and Jonathan handled all the logistics of our organization's annual gala: venue, vendor relationships, equipment, deliveries, catering, and volunteers. Not only did they work with us to set the schedule for the day of the event, but they were on the ground with us all through the day to manage volunteers, catering, and the venue staff. This was our first year with event coordinators, and it was well worth it. Having TKE felt like a huge burden lifted off our shoulders, and we can't wait to work with them again!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Steven · Married on 01/27/2018

Alison and Jonathan were the single best decision we made in planning our wedding. They were everywhere, knew everything, and provided a constant and incredible level of comfort from A-Z. Our wedding was better than we could have ever imagined and we know that is in large part due to Alison and Jonathan. I originally questioned the value of any wedding planner and I have never been happier to be completely and utterly wrong. We cannot recommend them with any more enthusiasm!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Rachele · Married on 11/04/2017

I hired Alison to be the day of coordinator for my wedding at The Green Building in Brooklyn. I worked in events previously and had strong vision of what I wanted my wedding day to look like, but I needed someone to take my vision and execute it. Alison did so flawlessly. She helped me organize all of the final details for the day and worked hand-in-hand with my vendors to ensure that day went off without a hitch. With any wedding or event there are always issues that come up, but Alison handled them with ease. She is a seasoned planner who truly knows the ins and outs of the industry and is happy to help answer questions no matter how big or small. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Mike · Married on 10/27/2017

We hired Alison Szleifer & the Two Kindred team for our wedding at the Prospect Park Picnic House at the end of October 2017, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Both leading up to the wedding and on the day of, Alison was a trusted advisor, organizer and problem-solver. She got into the weeds with us on our wedding vision and worked tirelessly to help us execute it by communicating that vision effectively with all our vendors and making sure everyone followed through. She took care of everything and then some, allowing us to truly enjoy our wedding day and not worry about the little details or snags that popped up. She consistently displayed exceptionally calm and caring professionalism and confidence. In addition to helping us hone the vision for our event, she also gave us some fantastic recommendations. Alison & the Two-Kindred team are truly outstanding event planners and we give them our highest praise & endorsement!

Sent on 12/10/2017