Two Byrds Events and Design Reviews

Two Byrds Events and Design 6
Two Byrds Events and Design 7

Alexa and Steve Brown · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best in the Biz!!!

So let me start off by saying that I started my wedding process thinking I could handle all the vendors, details etc. on my own. The closer and closer we got to the wedding, I quickly learned that I needed help before I lost my mind. Thankfully for me, Courtney was already in charge of my catering, which we did through The Catering Outfit. When we first secured TCO she mentioned she also did month-of planning. After I let a few months pass without assistance, I finally reached out and told her I needed her!! BEST. DECISION. I. COULD. HAVE. MADE. Once Courtney took the reins I instantly felt the stress leave by body. I knew everything was in good hands. Sure enough, our wedding on 5/4/19 was an absolute dream and I have Courtney to thank for so much of that success. Courtney’s professionalism, calm demeanor and vast knowledge on “all things wedding” truly got us to the finish line stress free. I would recommend Courtney’s planning expertise to any bride!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Lots of love, Alexa and Steve

Sent on 05/09/2019

Alison Power · Married on 11/28/2018

From the church to the barn... a perfect day!!

Courtney has the combined assets of enormous patience and incredible vision. She held our hands as we navigated the wedding planning process from afar. Our daughter and son in law live in Charlottesville while we live in New Jersey. It could have been a very confusing process and one that offered plenty of room for uncertainty and, even, disagreement. Courtney was able to communicate with us all in a way that was clear and concise, while keeping us all focussed on the beauty of the special day.

Courtney did everything from making sure that the ceremony at the church in town went smoothly to coordinating the catering, the vendors and the decorating at the reception at the barn in Keswick. Courtney listened patiently while we described our ideas for the perfect day and then coached us through the very complicated process of putting it all together and creating a day that was beyond our expectations. She has really great relationships with so many vendors and knows what people work best together. She has amazing style and creative planning skills and even helps you draw boundaries when you're starting to careen into areas best left alone! To top it all off, our friends and family all remarked about the seamlessness of the day and the attention to detail in everything. She is simply the best!!!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Sara

Sara Power · Married on 11/17/2018

The Best in the Business

Words can't capture how truly amazing Courtney is. She went above and beyond to make my day absolutely PERFECT. In the weeks leading up, she kept my and my mother's sanity, responding to our every need and question. She perfectly translated the wedding of my dreams into reality, and made it even better. If you're not booking with her, you're missing out, because Courtney is honestly the best in the business.

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Allison

Allison Sellman · Married on 10/05/2018

Couldn't have been better

There is not enough space to list all of the reasons to choose Two Byrds as your event planning team. I was a corporate event planner for several years and promised that I'd let someone else "do the work" for my wedding day. Courtney and her team exceeded every (very high) expectation that I had as a former planner! She is detailed, creative, innovative, thoughtful, solution-oriented, and well-connected - truly an expert in the central Virginia wedding industry field. On top of that, she's a pleasure to work with and totally calm and composed. Her energy and expertise made the planning process a breeze and our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect because of her leadership. I can't imagine it happening without her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Cindy · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough positive things. A wonderful wedding coordinator and well established in this area. Would strongly recommend her to anyone planning their wedding. Basically brought table décor and she ran with it....it looked beautiful!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Kate · Married on 10/26/2017

Courtney was instrumental in the planning of our wedding. She had so many great ideas as far as vendors to use and ideas for making our wedding day just as wonderful as I had imagined. Courtney has so many connections & knows Charlottesville so well. It was great knowing everything was being handled stress free as we were planning our wedding from St. Louis. She has a great eye for detail & is very artistic. She made our tables look beautiful. Courtney even made our place cards at the last minute! I would recommend Courtney to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She did such a wonderful job & I’m so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2017

Courtney was our wedding planner and day of coordinator for our June wedding at King Family Vineyards. I can't recommend her enough! Much of her value comes from her institutional knowledge and local experience in Charlottesville - she's able to answer any questions you have immediately (I had a lot of dumb ones!) and offer recommendations for vendors, etc to meet your budget. From venue selection, vendor selection, wedding timeline creation, rentals, menu selection - Courtney was there for us every step of the way. And we knew how busy she was with other weddings, but we received such personal service that we felt like we were her only clients! In terms of day of coordination, I basically handed Courtney my wedding binder, relaxed and enjoyed a glass of champagne and she took it from there. She was responsible for all set up and decor, coordinating with all of the vendors, keeping the wedding on schedule and the biggest plus was at the end of the night, she broke down all of the decorations and loaded them into my car while I was off to my honeymoon suite! If I had to do a fraction of what she did on my wedding day, I wouldn't have had the chance to enjoy my wedding and be a bride. Courtney helped create and execute our best day ever and again, I can't recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Two Byrds Events and Design 8

Melissa · Married on 05/13/2017

Courtney was our Day of Coordinator for our wedding this past May at King Family Vineyards, but she was so much more than that. I consider myself a very organized and detail-oriented person, but Courtney had me beat. At every turn I would ask a question or bring something up, and she was already 10 steps ahead of us or had already taken care of it. Her relationships in the Charlottesville area are second to none and she has great insight into every vendor. Her recommendations were especially helpful as we planned the wedding from NYC, and they all turned out to be amazing vendors. Courtney took care of every detail and was able to let us just enjoy our wedding day without worrying about a single thing. She is the definition of cool, calm, and collected and I wish I could hire her to plan every aspect of my life! Our family and friends also thought she was the best and raved about how helpful she was all night. Courtney has truly found her calling in wedding and event planning and we don't know what we would have done without her! She was able to create our dream wedding into a reality!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Allison · Married on 07/18/2015

Courtney did a wonderful job in incorporating our wishes and ideas for our wedding and made it all come to life for our big day! She understood what was important to us and made sure everything was executed as best as possible. I cannot thank Courtney enough for all of her help, though she was my "month of coordinator" she supported and guided me throughout the entire wedding process. Courtney lives and breaths the wedding world in Charlottesville which was so helpful to me as I planned our wedding from Washington DC. She helped me pick vendors that were able to execute our wedding dream while being cognizant of our budget. Courtney helped problem solve when little hiccups arose which helped me enjoy the weekend. I would highly recommend Courtney!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Erinn · Married on 06/19/2015

Courtney, owner of Two Byrds Events and Design, was such an amazing asset to our special day. Courtney was our day of coordinator, but was so much more. We spoke with Courtney several times on the phone and we also met in person to nail down our exact vision for our wedding. She was able to turn our vision into a reality! Courtney took charge and contacted all of our vendors and made sure everyone was on schedule, which kept not only the day of but also the days before the wedding as stress free as possible. I really wanted to use several chalkboard signs throughout our reception. Lucky for me, Courtney is a master with chalkboard art! Her artistic twist was the perfect addition to our wedding! I loved that she took initiative to bring items of her OWN to use at our wedding because she knew it would fit the look of our wedding!! Courtney made our wedding day magical and stress free! I would highly recommend her to the down to earth bride that knows what they want, but needs a little help executing their vision! Thanks so much Courtney!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/30/2015

Courtney was instrumental in our wedding day and was hands down the best vendor/decision that we made leading up to our wedding. We used Courtney as our day-of coordinator, and I could never thank her enough for how amazing and helpful she was. She went FAR above and beyond. Courtney is very responsive, professional, flexible, and she has a very calming, yet in-control demeaner that I truly appreciated. She has done it all and has answers/helpful advice for any questions you may have. Having wedding vendors that you can trust is crucial, and I trusted Courtney with any and all decisions 110%. Anyone looking for wedding services- I could not recommend Courtney more highly. THANK YOU, Courtney!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Amy · Married on 10/14/2017

Courtney was our Day of Coordinator/Catering Director for our wedding this October at The Market at Grelen, and she did an absolutely incredible job. Her knowledge, experience, artistry, organization, and familiarity with the local vendors were very impressive, and we can credit her for our day being completely seamless. We met with her in person a few times before the wedding, and each time she gave us pointers for important details that we certainly would have overlooked or logistical/decor ideas. She was always professional, upbeat, and unflappable. I saw a review that had an issue with responsiveness early on, and there were times when I shared in that frustration, but there are many coordinators who will write into their contracts to not expect full communication before 3 months out, and we definitely noticed a higher priority when we reached that window. Plus, when I witnessed the amount of time and effort she put into my wedding at all hours during the 2 weeks leading up to my wedding, I couldn't imagine how she could be doing anything else. She followed up and worked closely with all 9 of my various vendors, ensured all of our requests and tight scheduling were met, arranged all of our decor even more beautifully than I had imagined, wrote up our whole seating chart on a chalkboard we rented, waited on our every need during the ceremony, and then made sure everything was neatly packed up for us to pick up the next day. She even followed up on a family member's request for a recipe. Our wedding was a complete dream, and we are so grateful to Courtney!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Two Byrds Events and Design 16
    Two Byrds Events and Design 17
    Two Byrds Events and Design 18

Brittany · Married on 04/08/2017

Courtney is a master at what she does. We hired her to be our day-of coordinator (she was also our catering director with The Local), but she does so much more than just day-of coordinating. She took care of so many important details that would have taken us a lot of time to handle on our own (setting up all of our tasting and rental appointments, coordinating with our vendors to create our wedding day timeline, and even emailing our vendors to find out what meal they wanted at the wedding). One of our vendors, one who had never worked with Courtney previously, said he was very impressed with her pre-wedding organization. At our rentals appointment, she knew the prices of pretty much every piece in the showroom and what would work within our budget. When you only have an hour to pick out all of your linens, flatware, glassware, etc, this knowledge is very helpful. She had also coordinated several weddings at our venue in the past and maintained a great relationship with the staff there, which helped everything flow very smoothly. I can't say enough great things about Courtney. If you want someone who will help make everything easier for your big day, she's the one!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/03/2016

Courtney was our wedding planner as well as the main contact person for the Local catering which we used for rehearsal and wedding dinner. Courtney was extremely helpful in the entire process, and never missed a detail. She had great ideas and even helped make two boards for the wedding with the menu and bridal party pictures. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and everything was on time and in order- thanks to her! I cannot say enough great things about her and I would do everything the same if I could do it all again!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Courtney was our day-of-planner for our wedding this summer at King Family Vineyards. Let me start off by saying how instrumental Courtney was in planning our wedding. Courtney is well-connected in the Charlottesville wedding circle and therefore, she was constantly able to provide helpful advice and overall wedding knowledge. Her expertise made our wedding a beautiful and successful event. As you would assume, Courtney is working several weddings at a time, but when we spoke, she always managed to ease my anxieties and made me feel like our wedding was the only one she had going on. Approximately two months before our wedding, Courtney even spent an entire afternoon dedicated to planning our special day (she even went above and beyond by coming with us to MS Events multiple times to pick out rentals). Overall, I would highly recommend Courtney and her planning services; definitely $ well spent.

Sent on 06/30/2016
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 05/25/2017

4.2
      3.0

Courtney made our day a complete success! We did the majority of the planning ourselves, but she was invaluable when it came to working with the rental company and planning our timelines. She handled all of the changes in our rental agreements and helped us to get a great deal on a lighting contract!
    We did struggle with communication and getting timely responses in the beginning, but once we made it clear that we wanted to get things taken care of in a timely manner, Courtney was much more responsive. We had a few face-to-face meetings to go over details and discuss our plans and she gave us lots of advice/recommendations on transportation and decor.
    We gave Courtney a clear image of what we envisioned for the big day, but also the go-ahead to tweak things as she deemed necessary. She made our space look amazing!! She even handled placing our florals and everything was beautiful! When the weather didn't cooperate on our big day, Courtney went above and beyond to give us the option to have the outdoor ceremony we dreamed of. She put together both indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces for us and allowed us to wait until the very last minute to decide.
    Courtney was all business during the ceremony and reception and kept things moving right on schedule. She handled all the little issues and we never knew about any hiccups. She continued to check in with us to see if we needed anything and put together a great take-away box of food. Courtney and her crew handled the breakdown of our entire space and made sure that everything was packed in our vehicles.
    We couldn't have made the day go so smoothly without Courtney and we're grateful for all she did to make our dreams come true!

Sent on 06/06/2017