Two Birds Photography Reviews

33 | Westmont, IL

33 Reviews for Two Birds Photography

Kate S. · Married on 11/11/2020

Would HIGHLY Recommend!

We couldn’t be happier with our decision to choose Two Birds Photography to capture our wedding! Jake was amazing throughout the entire process and went above and beyond to capture every moment. Jake was always patient and communicative, which allowed us to relax and enjoy the day. The photos far exceeded our expectation and the turnaround time was really quick. We received so many compliments on the photos and would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 12/28/2019

Fantastic Job

Jake did an amazing job! Many guests commented about how wonderful he was! We're so excited to see our photos. I'm confident that they are fantastic!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Mariah E. · Married on 10/20/2019

Fantastic photographer!!!

Two Birds Photography was fantastic to work with. Jake, our photographer, was so professional and as he made all the shots very relaxing and collaborated well with what kind of pictures we wanted. He also took the time to take pictures of me with my cat Hiro (which was a bonus). Jake even went above and beyond to help me with my dress when needed and even held onto a can of hair spray for the groom (which was just extremely kind and thoughtful). Overall, a great photographer and the pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Courtney · Married on 10/05/2019

HIRE TWO BIRDS! Makes miracles happen!

Jake from Two Birds was an absolute joy to work with. He was easy to work with from our initial consultation, quick and responsive in all correspondence leading up to the wedding, and loves dogs! What more could you ask for?! Oh yeah, his BEAUTIFUL work! It was a rainy day and while I was worried that would effect the lack of photos I got, he had TONS, all edited to look like a beautiful bright and airy day. We highly recommend Two Birds for wedding photography, you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/01/2019

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

I can’t say enough nice things about Jake Moreland of Two Birds Photography! I first saw his work two years before our wedding browsing through what type of style of photography we liked and their photos were stunning. I especially loved their work with animals as I’m a vet and I knew our dog was going to be our flower girl, but honestly all the photos were beautiful. Jake was so wonderful to work with; always prompt with his correspondence, SO patient and kind, and made an effort to really get to know us to make our footage feel like ours. Our engagement shoot last year was so fun and made my husband and I feel so at ease having our pictures taken. During the wedding day, his calm demeanor set the tone for a nice relaxed afternoon of getting ready, perfecting our first look, keeping all of our huge 20-person bridal party and families in line, it was impressive! We just had our wedding on 9/1/19, and we received all of our photos about a month after the wedding (way faster than I had dreamed of) and they’re so spectacular and gorgeous!! Since it was the best day of our lives we really wanted to have these photos to look back on for years to come and I just can’t stop smiling looking at all of them! Our friends and family are also so impressed by the beauty! Jake’s second photographer Nick was also wonderful—so kind, professional and talented.

If you are wondering if you really need a professional photographer the answer is you do, and you should hire Jake and Two Birds Photography. We were engaged for over two years and the whole wedding day goes by so much faster than you realize, and then all of a sudden your hard work and planning is over. Jake takes that best day ever and allows you to relive it for the rest of your lives in such a magical way. Hope I’ve convinced you because you won’t regret hiring Two Birds! Thank you Jake for everything! We can’t wait to hire you for future family shoots soon!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience all around

Jake is an amazing photographer. We had the most amazing wedding and were so happy to spend the day with Jake he was so calm and refreshing to work. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience! Can't wait to see how GREAT the photos turn out!!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Kirsten · Married on 09/08/2018

Worth every penny

My husband and I were debating whether to go with Two Birds or a less expensive photographer, and we are SO HAPPY we decided to hire Jake and Jennifer for both our engagement and wedding photos. They are worth every penny. From the first time we met Jake, every interaction has been wonderful and so personal. Jake is a true artist—he stakes out places for great photos beforehand and has so many ideas. As I was viewing the photos he took at our wedding, I was surprised at how many close-up, personal shots he got. I didn't even realize he was there most of the time during the wedding! He captured sweet moments of my parents, too, which are so valuable to me. Thank you, Two Birds!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2018

Jake was so great to work with. In addition to the fact that his photos are amazing, he was super helpful, communicative, and he captured so many great moments. Photography was our top priority when looking for wedding vendors and Two Birds Photography delivered! We were also pleasantly surprised in how quick the turnaround time was for our wedding pictures :)

Sent on 08/05/2018

Alyssa · Married on 09/17/2017

While my wedding was only last week so I have yet to receive the photos, I could not wait to review Two Birds! I opted for only one photographer, which was Jake. With so many vendors with great reviews, we chose Two Birds based on comparing their photos to other options we were considering. For us it was no contest - Two Birds' photos were unique and real. Jake was of course so sweet from the beginning, and on my wedding day, as I was running late and freaking out, Jake took it like a champ. Several guests - specifically my bridesmaids - absolutely adored him. While not in his job description, he was willing to do anything to put me at ease without me even asking - like when my bridal party was being loud and all over the place, he went to check with the venue if they had a sewing kit (as my sewed on bridal belt started falling off) and the next time I looked at my dress, it was magically fixed - and when I said I was sleepy, Jake ran to get me a cup of coffee, only after asking me how I liked my coffee. I of course didn't pay much attention to Jake during the reception, but so many guests commented on how amazing and adorable Jake was. I am SO excited to get the final product, which I know will be absolutely amazing. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jasmine · Married on 07/29/2017

Jake is absolutely FANTASTIC. We called up Two Birds after they worked with one of our friends and we saw how stunning their wedding photos turned out. Jake did our engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be happier.

It's worth every penny. I wouldn't trust anyone else with such an important day.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Elena · Married on 10/14/2016

We absolutely love our wedding pictures and are so happy we went with Two Birds Photography. We only hired Jake to photograph our special day and pics were beautiful, I can only imagine what would of came from the hubby and wife team. If there wold be anything I would of changed it would be to have hired both. Definitely recommend using Two Birds Photography to capture your special day! :)

Sent on 12/08/2016

Marybeth · Married on 06/26/2016

Cannot rave enough! We worked with Jake for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He was everything you want in a photographer- professional, nice, accommodating, and TALENTED! He was a fly on the wall, not at all distracting, during the ceremony, while still managing to perfectly frame a shot for every meaningful moment. When the schedule was continually changing (hair & makeup ran long, weren't sure if it was going to rain, left flowers at the hotel, lunch ran long), Jake went with the flow. He was resourceful in his use of time and space to make sure we got all the shots we wanted despite the scheduling issues, even staying late at the reception to ensure he completed the shot list. And, of course, the photos are GORGEOUS! Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how great the photos are and asking "WHERE did you FIND your photographer?!? He's amazing!"

Sent on 08/24/2016

Two Birds Photography's reply:

Thank you for the review Marybeth! You and Aaron were fantastic to work for!!

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

Two Birds were a complete joy to work with. Jake and Jenn are so laid back just in the way you'd want your wedding photographers to be. They blended in seamless throughout the day but Jake still made sure he got all of the important shots. Our wedding happened to be on the hottest day of the year and after first stepping outside that day, we knew we couldn't keep our bridal party of 25 in direct sunlight all day. Jake changed our entire day of photo plan on the spot to keep our bridal party in the shade as much as possible and the photos are INCREDIBLE. I have had so many people tell me our photos were the best wedding photos they've ever seen. They were a complete joy to work with on the day of and we can't thank them enough! We'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Two Birds Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You guys were amazing and we are so blessed that you chose us to be your photographers!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2016

I'm writing this review about our photographers before we even have our wedding pictures back.

The first thing that we LOVED about Two Birds was obviously their work. It speaks for itself. We wanted photographers who captured more candid moments vs. the "Hey everyone, stop and look over here and say Cheese!" photographers. Two Birds was perfect.

The second thing that we loved? The fact that (if you book 2 photographers) it's this incredible Husband + Wife Duo team!!! They are the CUTEST things ever and work SO well together. I don't know if that has anything to do with why they are so amazing, but keep up the good work if it does!

I first had a conversation with Jake over the phone and he answered all of my questions (and there were a lot of them). He wasn't annoyed with how many times I asked him about certain things, he really listened to what I was saying. My husband and I then met with him in person just so we could go over everything more in detail. And he would email me multiple times just to make sure he had all the information he needed. He was amazing!

We DID book two photographers, so we DID get the amazing Husband + Wife Duo team (and if you're going back and forth on whether or not you should get 2 photographers-DO it. It's worth the extra money). Flowers wilt and die, pictures last a lifetime.

I follow Two Birds on Instagram and Facebook and they put out little teasers of our wedding pictures-and judging just by the few pictures I've seen...I'm DYING inside to see the rest.

They are just amazing and really make you feel comfortable when they're shooting you. I thought it would be awkward having someone taking pictures of me all day, but you honestly don't even realize they're there.

We could NOT BE HAPPIER with choosing them as our photographers-and we will probably use them again for something in the future! :-)

Sent on 06/17/2016

Pat · Married on 05/14/2016

We just finished working with Jake at my daughter's wedding last Sunday (5/15/16). Jake was AMAZING to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a talented professional to work with. Thanks so much to you Jake for being so easy to work with, and for all the effort you put in!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Two Birds Photography's reply:

Thanks for having me photograph your daughter's wedding and for your kind words!! I am truly blessed to have been there to capture their day. I can't wait to show you all the photos!

Alex · Married on 10/02/2015

I couldn't agree with the other reviewers more - Jake was fantastic and we are so happy we hired Two Birds Photography! Jake was so professional, fun, and pleasant to work with and we absolutely loved how he caught the little moments. We also received our photos before we even got back from our honeymoon which was fantastic! All in all, awesome experience and awesome photographers. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Emily · Married on 09/27/2014

I don't know where to begin. Jake and Jen Moreland are beyond talented photographers, I think that is made quite obvious from their photos on their website, here, and on numerous wedding style blogs. My husband and I knew from the start that the Morelands are who we wanted to share this day with. We worked with Jake for our engagement pictures and decided to have both of them photograph our wedding at Brookfield Zoo. Jen hung out with the girls most of the morning, and Jake with the guys.

Like most people, I am not used to getting my picture taken and having cameras pointing in my direction. Having Jake and Jen there, and knowing the work they do, gave me a sense and trust in whatever moments they were capturing were going to be authentic and truly encompass the best moments of our day.

Photos are the one thing you get to have forever (besides your spouse) and I am beyond happy with the final results. To be honest, looking over the photos after the event was almost as fun as the event itself.

I will never stop telling people about Two Birds Photography (even strangers).

Sent on 10/17/2014

Erin · Married on 09/13/2014

I cannot say enough nice things about Jake and Two Birds Photography. My fiance and I thought that picking a photographer was going to be one of the most difficult jobs we had while wedding planning. Boy, we're we wrong! We knew the second we met Jake that he was the perfect photographer for our special day. His laid back personality, constant professionalism, and most importantly the level of talent in his work made Two Birds Photography an easy and obvious choice for our wedding.
    On our wedding day Jake was by far our favorite vendor. He was so patient with us and our huge wedding party and seamlessly fit right into our hectic morning. Even with three little kids running all over the place, Jake was able to get the perfect shots of our flower girls and ring bearer. It was clear that Jake has a lot of experience with getting kids (AND adults) in the right places without being pushy or overbearing. Our wedding party loved Jake and told us over and over again how much they enjoyed working with him. Jake took everything in stride and was extremely flexible when we were pulling him in all different directions. We never saw Jake without a smile on his face!
    It was no surprise when we received our pictures (only a few weeks later!) that they were the most beautiful things we had ever seen. We thought maybe we were biased but when we sent the photos to our family and friends there was nothing but compliments about the beautiful and artistic photos. Jake not only captured the big moments of our day in the photographs but also the love we have for each other.
    We are sad that our wedding day is over but we feel more than lucky that we have Jake's wonderful pictures to help us relive the best day of our lives! We hope we can work with Jake in the future to capture more of our life's big moments! :)
    We would recommend Two Birds Photography to anyone who is looking for a talented, genuine and professional photographer for any special event!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Brittany · Married on 08/29/2014

We are so glad we chose Two Birds Photography -- Jake and Jennifer are wonderful! We knew from the initial meeting that it was a good fit for us. Jake was so easy to be around and we felt relaxed and at ease with him. From choosing the right package for our needs and budget, through scheduling our engagement session and wedding timeline, Jake and Jennifer were so accommodating and helpful! They are true professionals. We were enjoying our honeymoon when we got our wedding proofs back-- now that is quick turnaround! If you're looking for a fun photographer that you can just be yourself around, choose Two Birds Photography. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2014

Jake and Jen are wonderful!!! They worked with us to organize pre-ceremony, ceremony, post-ceremony, Chinese tea ceremony, reception, and even sunset-walk shots. They were kind, patient, respectful, organized, and thorough. They were so quick in getting our photos back to us too!!! Every photo is gorgeous!!! My family and friends are thrilled with how wonderful the pictures are. We highly recommend this talented couple!!!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Two Birds Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind review, and for having us as a part of your day! You two were so much fun to work with!!
    xoxo
    Jake and Jennifer

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2013

I can't even express in words how wonderful our experience was with Two Birds Photography. Jake and Jennifer are not only incredibly talented but such a joy to work with. Finding the perfect photographer was the first thing on my wedding to do list, as I believe that the photos are the only thing you will have forever. It was such a relief when my husband and I met Jake at a coffee shop because I knew within the first 5 minutes that he would be our perfect wedding photographer. Nick and I had a blast with Jake as he shot our engagement pictures. We felt so comfortable with him and were laughing the entire time. We were amazed at his artistic eye and how well he was able to truly capture our love. On our wedding day, Jake was there early to shoot pictures of the landscape of our hotel and the amazing architecture of Chicago. Our entire bridal party raved about how much fun and professional Jake was on the trolley with us, as he was able to capture our trip from the city to Evanston. Our families and our wedding guests had nothing but amazing things to say about him as well. When we received our wedding slideshow, I couldn't help but cry with happiness. I felt like I was reliving the day all over again. I was so overjoyed at how well Jake was able to capture every emotion on our wedding day. I will use Two Birds for my entire life; prenatal photos, family portraits, etc. They are everything we could have asked for and way, way more.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2013

We met Jake at our friend's wedding (as their photographer) and instantly felt a connection. Needless to say, he was our first choice in photography when we got engaged. His work is beyond outstanding. He has a real artistic eye and aims to include his artistic ability along with his clients' personalities and interests in each photo. We had a large wedding party (20) along with over 300 guests, but Jake was very laidback and patient and took a great assortment of pictures. We were so happy when we got our pictures back (they actually arrived to our house before we got back from our honeymoon!) and have had the best time reliving the special moments, tears, and laughter. Jake does a wonderful job of really capturing what the day is all about - love. I honestly cannot wait to work with him again someday!!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Paul · Married on 06/02/2013

Jen drove down all the way to Louisville, KY to shoot our wedding given only a couple weeks notice. She was amazing to work with and our pictures turned out better then we could have imagined. I am not photogenic at all, but Jen must be a miracle worker because our pictures looked phenomenal.

Thank you Two Birds!

Sent on 06/13/2013

John · Married on 02/23/2013

Jake was not only extremely easy to work with, very professional AND attentive, but he takes awesome photos, too! I suppose that should be first & foremost when it comes to looking for a photographer, but I think the work ethic can be just as important...especially on a hectic day like a wedding. I've been to a lot of weddings in the past where the bride/groom had to give the photographer very specific direction to achieve what they were looking for. My wife and I are not photographers, so we were hoping to have someone tell US what would work best. For us, we gave Jake some rough ideas of groupings/locations and he did all the work from there. His directions were easy to follow, and he was constantly taking photos or scouting out other cool locations in the venue. One thing I loved was that he didn't do a lot of the posed, "Say Cheese!" photos with groups of people when mingling throughout the course of the night. All of his photos were candid and captured REAL moments...REAL smiles. That was one of my favorite aspects of how he works. When he takes photos, you can see the look on his face...the look of an artist. The look of someone who will not settle for anything less than perfect, and will only attach his name to a photo that he takes pride in. This is very comforting, because you know that most of the post-wedding selection work will be easy. Or hard, I guess, depending on how you look at it. When you get hundreds of photos back and almost 100% of them are awesome, it makes it hard to pick favorites! Highly, highly, highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Claire · Married on 12/29/2012

Jake shot our December wedding was wonderful! We love our photographs and he captured all the details we requested. He was extremely calm and easy-going which was great b/c we had a very large wedding and big families, so lots of people to get in and out of photos. He even hand delivered or wedding album to make sure we got it! I would use Jake again for family photos in the future and highly recommend Two Birds. They are a great value as well.

Sent on 07/28/2013