Twisted Sister Salon Reviews

55 | Roxbury, NY

55 Reviews for Twisted Sister Salon

christina pierotti · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing artist!

Candace was great! Very accommodating and did exactly what was asked! She came prepared and as always smiling and with a great attitude. You would not regret hiring her for your wedding or any event!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2019

Highly Recommend

I got married in Sept. 2019 and Candace did an amazing job on my hair. She also did my bridesmaids, mother, and flower girl. She was personable and professional and her work is beautiful.

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Allyssa

Allyssa Agro · Married on 09/07/2019

The best!

If I could have imagined the perfect person to be with me to handle my hair for myself and my wedding party on the day of my wedding it would be Candace of Twisted Sister. She was listened to everyone with patience and understanding and executed EVERYONE’S hair flawlessly. Candace also has the most calming presence that put my wedding day nerves at ease- don’t hesitate hiring her you won’t regret it!!!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Talia

Talia Gutin · Married on 09/01/2019

Work with Candace!

Candace was so wonderful in every way - she was responsive, flexible, extremely talented, and a very warm and kind person. Working with her on my wedding day was a joy. All my bridesmaids felt the same way!! HIGHLY recommend working with her.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Natalie R · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect Wedding Hair

Candace is amazing! She did my wedding hair plus my maid of honor. My hair was exactly how I pictured it thanks to Candace. It looks amazing in all my photos. My sister changed her mind about what she wanted halfway through and Candace easily changed the style. So professional and personable. And a wonderful calming presence to have around on the day of your wedding. She's also really connected to other wedding vendors and gave me a lot of great ideas during my trial. Thank you Candace!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Haverson · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing experience! So happy to have Candace as part of my wedding day!

Candace was so relaxed and flexible and kept me calm on my wedding day.... not to mention she did an AMAZING job with everybody’s hair. Totally recommend!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Quinn

Quinn Kelley-Logue · Married on 06/01/2019

Candace is awesome!

Candace is an amazing artist! What she does with hair is absolutely stunning. I can't do anything to my hair, so when my wedding was coming up I turned to her. She made me look beautiful. Not only did she do my hair, but she went ahead and did a bunch of my family as well! Her pricing is insanely reasonable and she is the easiest person in the world to talk to. We love her!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Jillian · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely the best!

Candace and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! Her work is stunning. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She was so flexible. We had settled on a style at my trial, but on the day of the wedding I decided to make some adjustments to accommodate a hair comb I wanted to wear. She listened to my ideas and found a great way to make it all work. She worked so quickly too. We had 6 girls getting their hair done, including myself, and we were done in about 2-2 1/2 hours. Everyone was so happy with the way their hair turned out. I can not recommend Twisted Sister enough! Such an amazing value for such beautiful work.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Alyson · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend!

Candace was amazing to work with. We spoke throughout many months and she was always extremely responsive, open and flexible. During the morning of my wedding she was able to complete 10 (yes 10) bridesmaids all on her own AND ahead of schedule! The girls loved their hair styles and everything lasted through the entire night. She is a true talent and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/17/2018

Dreamy braids!

My first hair trial with another artist went poorly - it looked like I had helmet/prom hair. That's when I restarted my search and found Candace. I had a trial at her salon in Roxbury. I showed Candace photos of my bad trial and also styles that I was liking. I wanted something soft and romantic, but still with a lot of detail/braids. Candace took what I showed her and interpreted it beautifully. During my trial we worked together to make minor tweaks as we went, and ended up with something perfect. Candace is super easy to work with and incredibly sweet. On my wedding day we made some very minor changes from the trial and she nailed it again. Having Candace doing all of my bridesmaids hair and helping us get ready on the day was wonderful, calming, and super sweet. not only did she work quickly, everyone loved their hair. She even worked braid wonders on my bridesmaid who has hair nearly down to her waist. Also, I was so sure of Candace's skill and overall demeanor after my trial that when another friend was looking for a hair artist upstate - I immediately recommended Candace before my wedding day. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Abi · Married on 10/13/2018

Candace is amazing!

I loved my hair, and my girls loved theirs too! Candace is so sweet and great at styling different types of hair. She was also flexible with adding another friend to get her hair done. Jit was very sweet too, and has a good eye for colors when it comes to makeup.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sonya · Married on 10/07/2018

It's nice to have someone so calm and professional on the most stressful day of your life!

My experience with Candace was amazing. She has lots of experience, but does not force any opinions on you. She works really fast, so during my hour long hair trial, we were able to toy with 4 very different styles that helped guide me towards what I wanted for the actual wedding day. Then, once the wedding day came, she was punctual, calm, and really made me feel like I could trust her. My bridal party and mom looked beautiful. Finally, I did NOT stop dancing at the wedding and my hair stayed perfectly in place. I would highly recommend Candace to anyone wanting to get their hair done for any special event. She's great.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/06/2018

Candace was incredibly professional and easy to work with. Her work was beautiful and her creativity was inspiring for my daughters farm wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2018

CATHERINE · Married on 09/29/2018

Candace was nothing but accommodating. She came right to my house on time and created masterpieces on my sister’s and my head! I received comments all night long on my hair during my wedding. She’s sweet and so easy to communicate with. I would highly recommend her for your special occasion!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Clarissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Candace was GREAT!! She was easy to work with, great prices and flexible the day of the wedding when we added another person. She is efficient, FAST, and open to changes. My hair and my bridesmaids all looked wonderful for the big day. Thank you Candace!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Breanna · Married on 09/15/2018

Candace did my hair for my wedding this past weekend, along with my mother in law, my mother, my sister in law and two bridesmaids. She did an awesome job on all of us!! She is professional and punctual, all while radiating this laidback, calm vibe through the whole process. She even helped me relax when dealing with an issue with my wedding (not hair related). She does amazing work and everyone was very happy with their look! I would definitely recommend Candace to anyone and she is the master of all braids!! Thanks so much Candace it was an absolute pleasure working with you from day one up until my big day!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kara · Married on 09/15/2018

Candace was amazing on my wedding day! She made sure everyone was completely happy with their hair fixing stray hairs throughout the morning as needed. She also captured my vision and added some flowers last minute that wasn't even in the plan but became one of my favorite parts of the day! Very professional and warm to help ease wedding day jitters! I highly recommend Candace!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Candace was the absolute best. She did 4 of our hair for my wedding day, and was the perfect person for it. She exudes calm, positive energy, which certainly helped my nerves in getting ready. She worked quickly, but ensured that everyone was completely happy with their hair. I loved how she did mine - she has a great eye for non-traditional hairstyles. And it lasted for the entire (long!) night, despite lots of dancing! I would HIGHLY recommend Candace as a hair stylist for any Catskills wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Nora · Married on 08/25/2018

Candace did my, my mother's and my bridesmaid's hair the morning of my wedding and she was a dream to work with!

During my trial she understood exactly what I was looking for and executed to a T! I wanted simple but elegant and she talked me through a bunch of different options until we centered on one concept!

She made me and my fellow bridesmaids feel like princesses and I have never seen my mom's hair look so great. She even accommodated a bridesmaid who opted in at the last minute! She works quick - which is amazing and the results do not suffer a bit! She is a master with fishtail braids!

We had a great time the day of, chatting and laughing -she is also a very fun person to talk to while getting ready for such a momentous occasion!

Thanks Candace! I would 100% recommend!

Sent on 09/04/2018

JAN · Married on 08/25/2018

My whole life is basically one extended bad hair day but Candace Rudd of Twisted Sister Salon managed to take my unruly, frizzy mop and give this Mother of the Bride an updo that didn't quit even after dancing in the summer heat. I received compliments on my hair all day long. Candace is lovely to work with, knows what she is doing, makes you feel very comfortable, works quickly, and wants the customer to be happy with the result. She also did the hair for my daughter and 4 of her bridesmaids, all of whom looked smashing for this big day.
    I recommend Candace with confidence that she will come through for you just as she did for us.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Alexandra · Married on 08/23/2018

Gosh, where do I begin... Candace was absolutely amazing to work with. I live in California and flew across the country 2 days before my wedding day. Candace was able to create a hairstyle for me on wedding day better then I could have even imagined, no trial and just showing her 2 pics right before sitting in the chair. She banged out 10 beautiful hairstyles all by herself for me, my bridesmaids, moms, grandma, and flower girls, her timing was amazing. She gave us the best experience for getting ready the morning of. She laughed with us, was apart of conversations with us, gave advice, it actually felt like she was one of us. You won’t be disappointed, I’m so glad I had the opportunity to meet Candace as she definitely contributed to making my day super special.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Erica · Married on 08/04/2018

Candace was wonderful and easy to work with! She spent time with me at my trial until we got the right look and was very excited about doing something different. She was great on the day of the wedding! I felt absolutely beautiful and my hair didn't move an inch.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

I'm so happy I selected Twisted Sister Salon to take care of my girls, family and myself on my wedding day. Candace was professional and so very easy going. She has a great eye! I highly recommend Candace to anyone for their special day!! She will make you feel at ease and does beautiful work!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Erin · Married on 06/23/2018

Candace is amazing! She understood the look I was going for, and was a pleasure to work with. She arrived on time, and her calm and professional manner put everyone at ease and helped the day run smoothly. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Candace was amazing and did an incredible job on my hair for my wedding day. She also did my sisters and three of my friends which all looked amazing. We all couldn't have been happier with the results! Highly recommend Candace!

Sent on 07/09/2018