Twisted Sister Salon Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Meagan
    Meagan O. Married on 10/16/2021

Don’t Wait To Book!

I cannot recommend Candace at Twisted Sister Salon enough. I entered wedding planning with little to no idea what I was doing. The one thing I did know was that I wanted to surround myself with the best possible personalities and energies.
    I was impressed with Candace’s work shown on Instagram and from the first email correspondence I could tell she was the right fit for me. This was only confirmed when I met her in person for my hair trial. She has such a calming demeanor sure to soothe even the most stressed brides. She took the time to assess my hair and listen to what style I was hoping to achieve. She was able to point me in the right direction based on what I wanted and what my hair was actually capable of doing. Fast forward to my wedding morning I had last minute purchased hair extensions and asked to go in a different direction. Candace not only took it all in stride but exceeded my expectations. I cried happy tears and couldn’t believe how amazing she made my hair look.
    While I didn’t have a bridal party, Candace styled the hair of my mother, sisters, mother and sister in law. From a range of long, short, thick, curly and fine hair she easily (and single handed) made everyone look and feel their best with time to spare. When my young nieces (5&3) asked if they could get their hair done Candace kindly offered to do it even though I hadn’t scheduled them in.
    If you are looking for a hair stylist who is prompt, knowledgeable, a pleasure to be around and talented look no further. Book Candace and Twisted Sister Salon ASAP.
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 10/03/2021

An absolute dream to work with.

Candace is an absolute dream to work with. She is talented beyond words and goes above and beyond to stay organized. She helped make my wedding day hair dreams come true and is super dependable! Thank you Candace :) p.s. She teaches the best private yoga classes for bridal parties!
  • Danyelle
    Danyelle Married on 08/28/2021
    Candace is amazing! She was so great, driving 2 hours away from Roxbury to accommodate my wedding! She did 8 girls very efficiently and touched us all up right before the ceremony! The hairdos were so cute and beautiful. They fit the country wedding theme and withstood the damp Dewey and super windy weather ! Super impressed with her!

Twisted Sister Salon's reply:

Thanks Danyelle! Your party was a pleasure to work with. It was.a REAL country wedding and that fit you perfectly!
    Nicole E. Married on 08/28/2021

Highly Recommend!!!

Candace was an absolute pleasure to work with! She gave me an amazing hairstyle while still feeling like myself. All my bridesmaids loved their hair as well! She was so calm and extremely talented. I highly recommend her!!
  • Maggie
    Maggie L. Married on 07/10/2021

Talented & calming hair stylist

Candace was so flexible, creative, calming, accommodating, and responsive! I found her a few months prior to my wedding and had a trial at her quaint hair studio. She listened to my ideas and provided helpful suggestions. I was so ANXIOUS the day of my wedding, and Candace was so calming as she styled my hair. She also is so flexible as she last minute added on 4 of my friends. I also had a wardrobe issue with my dress, and my hair stayed in place and looked wonderful for the pictures. Candace also offered to provide a yoga class prior to the wedding that in retrospect I wish I took her up on because it would have provided a more calming vibe for myself. Candace is an all around talented hair stylist and kind person. I highly recommend working with her!
    Diane S. Married on 07/03/2021

Mother of the Groom

I was in Roxbury for my son’s wedding and on a tight schedule the day of the wedding. Candace was very accommodating knowing my timeline. My updo was done quickly and it made me feel glamorous… Thanks Candace!
    Stacey T. Married on 06/05/2021

Candice is absolutely amazing!!

I absolutely loved working with Candice!
    The only thing I told her was “I want it up and I want braids” - she ran with that and I was beyond happy with how it came out! It was perfect! She was so sweet and such a calming breathe of fresh air the day of my wedding! I will definitely be working with her again!
  • Denise
    Denise T. Married on 12/09/2020

Candace made me look and feel fabulous

We came up to Fleishman New York from Pennsylvania to have our daughters wedding at Spillian.
    I wanted to have my hair done For the wedding , I was nervous to find and try someone new. My daughter found Twisted sister and made an appointment for me. I could not have been happier. We talked, I showed her some pictures, we exchanged ideas and I was magically transformed into a beautiful mother of the bride. She is so friendly, easy to talk to and I felt very comfortable. I highly recommend Candace and Twisted Sister.
    Anna L. Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent and easy to work with

Candace was professional, easy to work with and very imaginative
    She has a good eye and understood immediately the hair style I needed to go with my untraditional wedding dress
    She arrived promptly at the venue and was also efficiently able to accommodated various tastes of members of the wedding members from braiding to an up due
    Everybody was happy
    I highly recommend Candace
    Megan G. Married on 09/26/2020

Candace is the best!!!!!

I reached out to Candace after changing our wedding plans due to COVID to a small wedding in the Catskills. She was so quick to respond and super flexible with my last minute plans. She showed up right on time and exuded positive and calm energy. She was so easy to talk to and discuss my vision for how I wanted my hair to look. I showed her a few pictures and she absolutely nailed it. 100% recommend!!!
    Avery S. Married on 06/20/2020

Book Candace before someone else does!

Candace was one of the first vendors I booked! She's fun, flexible, and completely open to any hairstyle you may have in mind. When I did my trial with her, she worked with me in trying multiple styles until I found the exact one I wanted. Then, when COVID-19 hit and disrupted our wedding plans, she was very accommodating in working with us. Everyone in my wedding party (myself included of course) loved their hair. She made the whole day-of process very memorable.
    Christina P. Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing artist!

Candace was great! Very accommodating and did exactly what was asked! She came prepared and as always smiling and with a great attitude. You would not regret hiring her for your wedding or any event!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/21/2019

Highly Recommend

I got married in Sept. 2019 and Candace did an amazing job on my hair. She also did my bridesmaids, mother, and flower girl. She was personable and professional and her work is beautiful.
  • Allyssa
    Allyssa A. Married on 09/07/2019

The best!

If I could have imagined the perfect person to be with me to handle my hair for myself and my wedding party on the day of my wedding it would be Candace of Twisted Sister. She was listened to everyone with patience and understanding and executed EVERYONE’S hair flawlessly. Candace also has the most calming presence that put my wedding day nerves at ease- don’t hesitate hiring her you won’t regret it!!!
  • Talia
    Talia G. Married on 09/01/2019

Work with Candace!

Candace was so wonderful in every way - she was responsive, flexible, extremely talented, and a very warm and kind person. Working with her on my wedding day was a joy. All my bridesmaids felt the same way!! HIGHLY recommend working with her.
    Natalie Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect Wedding Hair

Candace is amazing! She did my wedding hair plus my maid of honor. My hair was exactly how I pictured it thanks to Candace. It looks amazing in all my photos. My sister changed her mind about what she wanted halfway through and Candace easily changed the style. So professional and personable. And a wonderful calming presence to have around on the day of your wedding. She's also really connected to other wedding vendors and gave me a lot of great ideas during my trial. Thank you Candace!
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing experience! So happy to have Candace as part of my wedding day!

Candace was so relaxed and flexible and kept me calm on my wedding day.... not to mention she did an AMAZING job with everybody’s hair. Totally recommend!!!
  • Quinn
    Quinn K. Married on 06/01/2019

Candace is awesome!

Candace is an amazing artist! What she does with hair is absolutely stunning. I can't do anything to my hair, so when my wedding was coming up I turned to her. She made me look beautiful. Not only did she do my hair, but she went ahead and did a bunch of my family as well! Her pricing is insanely reasonable and she is the easiest person in the world to talk to. We love her!
    Jillian Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely the best!

Candace and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! Her work is stunning. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She was so flexible. We had settled on a style at my trial, but on the day of the wedding I decided to make some adjustments to accommodate a hair comb I wanted to wear. She listened to my ideas and found a great way to make it all work. She worked so quickly too. We had 6 girls getting their hair done, including myself, and we were done in about 2-2 1/2 hours. Everyone was so happy with the way their hair turned out. I can not recommend Twisted Sister enough! Such an amazing value for such beautiful work.
    Alyson Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Recommend!

Candace was amazing to work with. We spoke throughout many months and she was always extremely responsive, open and flexible. During the morning of my wedding she was able to complete 10 (yes 10) bridesmaids all on her own AND ahead of schedule! The girls loved their hair styles and everything lasted through the entire night. She is a true talent and a pleasure to work with!
    Samantha Married on 11/17/2018

Dreamy braids!

My first hair trial with another artist went poorly - it looked like I had helmet/prom hair. That's when I restarted my search and found Candace. I had a trial at her salon in Roxbury. I showed Candace photos of my bad trial and also styles that I was liking. I wanted something soft and romantic, but still with a lot of detail/braids. Candace took what I showed her and interpreted it beautifully. During my trial we worked together to make minor tweaks as we went, and ended up with something perfect. Candace is super easy to work with and incredibly sweet. On my wedding day we made some very minor changes from the trial and she nailed it again. Having Candace doing all of my bridesmaids hair and helping us get ready on the day was wonderful, calming, and super sweet. not only did she work quickly, everyone loved their hair. She even worked braid wonders on my bridesmaid who has hair nearly down to her waist. Also, I was so sure of Candace's skill and overall demeanor after my trial that when another friend was looking for a hair artist upstate - I immediately recommended Candace before my wedding day. I can't recommend her enough.
    Abi Married on 10/13/2018

Candace is amazing!

I loved my hair, and my girls loved theirs too! Candace is so sweet and great at styling different types of hair. She was also flexible with adding another friend to get her hair done. Jit was very sweet too, and has a good eye for colors when it comes to makeup.
    Sonya Married on 10/07/2018

It's nice to have someone so calm and professional on the most stressful day of your life!

My experience with Candace was amazing. She has lots of experience, but does not force any opinions on you. She works really fast, so during my hour long hair trial, we were able to toy with 4 very different styles that helped guide me towards what I wanted for the actual wedding day. Then, once the wedding day came, she was punctual, calm, and really made me feel like I could trust her. My bridal party and mom looked beautiful. Finally, I did NOT stop dancing at the wedding and my hair stayed perfectly in place. I would highly recommend Candace to anyone wanting to get their hair done for any special event. She's great.
    Ellen Married on 10/06/2018
    Candace was incredibly professional and easy to work with. Her work was beautiful and her creativity was inspiring for my daughters farm wedding. Highly recommend!
    Catherine Married on 09/29/2018
    Candace was nothing but accommodating. She came right to my house on time and created masterpieces on my sister’s and my head! I received comments all night long on my hair during my wedding. She’s sweet and so easy to communicate with. I would highly recommend her for your special occasion!