Twin Oaks House & Gardens Reviews

67 | San Marcos, CA

67 Reviews for Twin Oaks House & Gardens

• Amber

Amber Fazlurrehman · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Dream weddings do come true!

My husband and I looked at several wedding venues, but Twin Oaks Garden Estate blew everyone out of the water! It's the most picturesque and beautiful place for a dream wedding. All of my guests were in awe at the beauty of the facility. Trademark Venues really takes care of you too. They offer DIY craft classes as well as hair/makeup/dance lessons as part of you booking there. They set up an AMAZING food tasting for you to customize your menu. At the tasting, they serve wine and you get to sit with other couples who have booked with them. It's such a fun experience! They also have a salon on-site for the girls to get ready and the bridal sweet is a fairy tale - the chandelier is gorgeous and the furniture looks like it came straight out of the Beauty and the Beast movie. Lastly, the staff are PHENOMENAL. Our wedding coordinator was Kailyn and it truly doesn't get better than her. She was there for us throughout the entire planning process and is such a sweet and wonderful person. All of the staff on the day of our wedding were exceptional as well. I genuinely would give them a million stars if I could. Thank you for making the best day of our lives truly the best day of our lives!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Ciara · Married on 03/01/2020

Twin Oaks House & Garden

I was just married at this venue in March and it was absolutely beautiful. This venue is not only a dream but what really stands out is the staff. Our coordinator, Gianna, was so sweet, attentive, and professional. My wedding went so smooth and stress free. I strongly recommend if you’re looking for a rustic garden feel!

Sent on 03/12/2020

Ella De Jong · Married on 01/25/2020

Chloe is the best!

Everyone tells you that something will go wrong on your wedding day. They tell you it's going to happen and not to worry because no on will notice. But our wedding was perfect! We planned our wedding in 2 months. Chloe and team made is easy for us and were fun to work with. We couldn't have done it with out them!

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Trine

Trine · Married on 12/06/2019

Very Professional

Twin Oaks House & Garden is a beautiful venue with a very hands on and professional staff. They were able to execute my vision perfectly and were very accommodating with all my decor ideas.

Kailyn was great to work with and made sure all the little details were covered. Our guests all complimented how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. We were very impressed with the quality of the food, even with us going off the menu and picking holiday themed foods.

I was very impressed with how quickly they were able to turn the reception around when we had unexpected rain come right before the ceremony start time.

My only issues I had were that I had 3 different coordinators during the process, which made me uncomfortable because I felt like I had to re-explain my vision and get to know the new coordinator each time. However, Kailyn was an excellent coordinator and had everything under control which was great.

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Amber

Amber Jean · Married on 12/05/2019

Beautiful & Intimate Venue

I had my wedding here December 2019, and Twin Oaks House was absolutely amazing. This was the first venue we looked at and I was blown away by how intimate the grounds feel. There was absolutely zero noise from the nearby road and we didn't have any strangers walking in on our wedding day.

The venue comes with a day-of coordinator, which was perfect for me! Chloe and Giana were extremely helpful and always answered my questions in a timely manner. The food the night of our wedding was delicious - all of our guests kept telling us how good it was and that many went back for second and third helpings. This venue does not disappoint!

Sent on 02/05/2020
  • Karolyn

Karolyn · Married on 09/26/2019

A Vintage Garden Dream Come True

I could not recommend Twin Oaks enough! From the moment my mom sent me the link to the website, I fell in love. I wanted to know pricing so I contacted the office. They wouldn't really tell me what the pricing was without booking a tour first, which is fine because I loved the place and wanted to see more of it. I didn't live in the area at the time, so they were able to accommodate me by doing a virtual tour. My mom and I skyped in and one of the coordinators showed us around the venue on her phone and answered any questions we had. After the tour, we had a follow-up consultation with her right after. This is where we learned more about their pricing and packages. We ended up booking our wedding on a Thursday because it was about half the price it would have been on the weekend. After that, we were assigned Chloe Grogan as our coordinator. Chloe has been so great throughout the whole process. During our initial phone call, she asked us questions about any vendors we had booked, our wedding party, parents, etc. I have asked Chloe SO many questions over email and she has always been a delight to speak to and answered all my questions in a timely manner. When our 2nd meeting (The design meeting) rolled around, we were able to go in person! Myself, my fiance, my sister, my best friend, and my mom all came and they LOVED the place. We all sat down with Chloe, who was very nice, and she went through all of our options with us for napkins, colors, furniture, rentals, etc. It felt very easy and stress-free which is all I could really ask for with wedding planning. The catering meeting was done at another venue and there, we were able to enjoy an open bar and try all the options for food. Most of it was fine, but we ended up choosing a couple of awesome tasting items! (The Santa Maria Tri-tip and butternut squash ravioli were SO good!) Chloe ended up being our coordinator the whole way through and she was the BEST. She kept the rehearsal running smoothly. It was probably the smoothest rehearsal I had ever been a part of (even though the officiant was late). And the day of, she and the rest of her team were on top of it. I was running late to the venue and the assistants offered me champagne right away which was greatly appreciated because I was an anxious mess. I would start scrambling to take something somewhere in a panic and they would stop me and take care of it for me and offer me more champagne-they were absolutely amazing and I truly felt like a queen that day. Some of my favorite aspects were the twinkle lights all over the venue and the schoolhouse bell that rang when I arrived when our ceremony ended, and for our grand exit-just like a fairytale! Chloe would keep checking in with us on what would happen next and make sure we were ready. The day was over before we knew it and Chloe sent us home with a bag of food which we appreciated SO much because in the craziness, we missed out on trying some desserts-thanks Chloe!! Everyone loved the venue and the staff was so kind to us the whole process. I highly recommend Twin Oaks to anyone who may be considering it. It was truly a magical day for us thanks to them.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Allison

Allison Haag · Married on 08/04/2019

Simply, the best.

I found Twin Oaks on Instagram from 3000 miles away. It was the venue I kept seeing pictures of and coming back to. We had a call with them and booked it site unseen. It was the BEST decision ever. The venue was a dream. It was my perfect garden fairy-tale wedding. All of the details and decor just fit so perfectly with the vibe of the place. The staff at Twin Oaks, especially our coordinator Kelsey (who is beyond amazing!!), are all incredibly helpful, professional and on top of everything. I live in NYC area and was planning the wedding from across the country, and I never felt worried about anything. In the end, our day was even more perfect than I could imagine. If you're considering Twin Oaks, book it! You won't regret a thing.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2019

Fairytale Garden Wedding

We had a fairytale wedding at Twin Oaks House & Garden! The venue was perfect and we received many compliments from our guests about how unique of a venue it is. While the venue is beautiful, I need to give credit to Chloe and her fabulous team for pulling everything off flawlessly. First of all, Chloe is amazing! She is so calm and sweet. We only met twice and she quietly took notes, and on the big day everything was perfect! Everything was perfectly placed and decorated. She didn't forget a single detail. We had our dog in our ceremony and a lot of small details, and her and her team took care of everything. I'll admit I was a little crazy about keeping things on schedule and she was always there moving things along for me. The food was delicious, some of the best wedding food I've ever had! I heard from my guests that the bartenders were really cool too. Overall wonderful experience! I wish we could do it all over again! Pictures to come as soon as I get them from our photographer.

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Mindy

Mindy Hyman · Married on 03/22/2019

The absolute BEST venue!

My husband and I were married at Twin Oaks March 22, 2019. We had looked at right different venues and decided that we loved Twin Oaks for its charm and elegance. I kept reading about brides getting that “feeling” when they visited a venue that they knew was right. I didn’t feel that until I visited Twin Oaks. The planning process is great this way you don’t need an outside planner or props. They provide practically everything you need. Natalie was my planner and I’m so grateful that she was there to help me through the planning and on the day of. I cannot even begin to express how wonderful this venue is. Day of they took care of EVERYTHING, if there was a problem we were not made aware of it and never even noticed. I stayed relaxed and had the best possible experience ever because they literally took care of everything. All my decor was set up beautifully and I received tons and tons of compliments about how my wedding was the most beautiful wedding that anyone had seen. Thank you Natalie and Twin Oaks staff, especially food coordinations for accommodating my special requests. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/10/2019

May Lim · Married on 01/11/2019

Dreamy Fairytale Secret Garden

This venue is so unique and there is something beautiful and new to find in every corner of the space. It's dreamy and romantic. The lights at night are magical! Twin Oaks has the beauty and flexibility to be so different and unique to each bride. No two weddings are exactly alike here.
    Not only is it breathtaking but the staff is incredible. Everyone is so helpful and professional. I also found that we got the BEST value for our money. They take care of so much that it leaves very little to stress about.
    For me food was really important and I didn't want just another bland chicken breast to serve my guests. I can assure you that the menu options are delicious and anything but bland. All of my guests have raved about how amazing the food was.
    I'd choose Twin Oaks House and Garden over and over again. I can't stop raving about how incredible my experience was there!

Sent on 02/01/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 05/31/2018

Intimate Venue

If you're a bride looking to get married at Twin Oaks House we 100% say go for it. As wedding photographers who have worked here we can honestly say the whole day is an absolute dream from start to finish. Not only does the venue have beautiful, well manicured grounds, but it's incredibly functional and convenient for everyone involved with your wedding.

One thing we always recommend to brides when looking for a wedding venue is to find something that is all inclusive, and Twin Oaks delivers. Twin Oaks has not only an eclectic styled bridal suite but also a convenient cottage to give brides the option of arriving early and completely getting ready at the venue. Their beautiful ceremony area features large shady trees so guests aren't beaten down by the sun. Finally, the tented reception space is not only beautiful but also a great way to have an outdoor wedding with the assurance of an indoor space should there be any rain in the forecast. You and your guests (and vendors) will love all that this venue has to offer.

The staff, location, and grounds make this one of our favorite venues to photograph at and we can't wait to shoot here again!

Written and Photographed by Dan and Tyler Photography
    www.danandtyler.com

Sent on 03/24/2020

Sandra · Married on 03/03/2018

This venue is amazing and was the perfect backdrop for our wedding day. The staff is on point, the location is awesome and best of all, everything you need is in one place. Getting ready, ceremony, party!! Highly recommend. We also LOVED our photographer (hired him seperately) and we have the BEST night time twinkle light photos!!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Ryan · Married on 10/13/2017

We had such an amazing and really can't say enough about the venue. They are definite pro's and have it down to a science. So beautiful and all of our guests kept talking about how fantastic it was.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Bethany · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the most amazing wedding a year ago and Twin Oaks House & Garden. Our wedding planner, Jamie, was with us from the start and worked tirelessly to ensure that our day was everything we wanted it to be. The all inclusive aspect of the venue is what truly allows you to fully enjoy the day. They set up, break down, and carefully execute all that you have dreamed of. They spend a lot of time getting to know you as a couple and understanding your full vision for the day. The day was more than we could have ever imagined and are so blessed to have been able to use them. We plan to wander the facility tomorrow on our anniversary and relive our amazing wedding day!

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • Shellsea

Shellsea · Married on 06/15/2017

This place is AMAZING! We got married here in June 2017. We chose this venue mainly because they literally do everything for you; food, set up, tear down...etc and the place is absolutely beautiful with rustic decor already so you don't NEED to do any extra decor if you don't want to. The decor we brought we dropped off the night before at the rehearsal and told them how we wanted it set up and put out....and they literally did all the set up and then they tore all of the decor down afterwards and put it back in the boxes so all our family had to do was have their cars ready to be loaded up after the event by the staff. They have several different coordinators that you meet with over your time while you are planning and they provide you with a bride planning binder to help you along the way. They also have a caterer that you do a tasting with for one of your venue meetings who is very pleasant to work with and loves what he does. When you get closer to your event they pair you with your actual coordinator, and we were able to request a specific one from all of the coordinators that we had worked with up to that point. The only complaint that I have is that I was told that i would have a "bridal assistant" who would be with me all day "to help with anything I needed and keep me hydrated" while the coordinator was...coordinating...however on the day of my bridal assistant acted more as an assistant to the coordinator instead of being by my side - as petty as that sounds, you don't realize how much you need help doing little things, and remembering to drink water, or hold your bouquet or drink during pictures, or tell so and so to do such and such...until the day of. That being said the bridal assistant was adorable and the little time that I did spend with her, I really did appreciate her. Our coordinator was amazing and I felt so taken care of and I'm beyond glad that we had her...she even packed us dinner and put it in the limo for us for after the wedding!

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • W

Wyndi · Married on 05/12/2017

I couldn't imagine having our wedding any where else! The staff was so helpful and our coordinator, Natalie, was the best!! All the guests kept complimenting how beautiful the venue was. It was the perfect day!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Julie · Married on 04/29/2017

Twin Oaks House and Garden Estate is beautiful from every angle! The venue truly speaks for itself. My (now!) husband and I fell in love with it when we first saw it! We loved the secret garden feel with all of the greenery, flowers, and twinkle lights and the vintage feel from the old late 1800s school house to the incredible bar. It was perfect! We loved the farm tables, mix-matched china, and décor they let you choose from. For the most part, everything was seamless the day of! Our day of coordinator, Serena, was great! She made sure everything was taken care of and that everything was going the way we wanted it to. She was wonderful to work with!

There were a few things that didn’t go well, but they were minor in the grand scheme of things. I didn’t fully know about them on the day of, which is good, but I feel they are worth mentioning. One was our candy bar. We bought 7 types of candy and had 7 jars to put them in, but somehow only 6 types made it out; one type made it out twice and they had them sitting right next to each other. They also didn’t replenish the candy bar like they said they would, so when we went to get candy ourselves, most of it was empty. I thought we were just out of candy and it was that successful, but as it turns out they didn’t replenish it often and we were left with a ton of candy! We were very disappointed, since we so excited about the candy bar and this was one of our main desserts. The other thing was that my husband’s mom and stepmom never got their corsages. One of the other coordinators said she would make sure to get the corsages to them, but they never did. After the wedding, I noticed in pictures that neither was wearing them. When I inquired with them about the corsages, they both said they never got one. This was also disappointing, especially since I knew they were made and we had paid for them.

Despite these few things, everything else went very smoothly! They seem to be a well-oiled machine! Serena kept us o

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • F

Felisha · Married on 03/30/2017

This venue was beyond anything I had ever imagined, and we truly had the most amazing wedding we could have ever hoped for. My husband & I had looked at 8 venues before this one. Luckily a family friend had been to a wedding here & recommended it. The second we pulled up the driveway, I knew that this was it. I was so nervous the entire walk through, because I thought there was no way it was within our budget. I was so happy I was wrong!! We booked an off season month ( March) and a weekday (Thursday) and the pricing was perfect. Plus it's pretty much all inclusive! There were no extra add ons that were unexpected like we had found at other venues. Also includes 3 coordinators for the wedding day, something was was definitely not included at other spaces we had looked at. We booked that day! (As a side note to couples nervous about booking on a weekday, since we were too - only 10 of our guests weren't able to come. Most everyone made it work & just made a long fun weekend out of it :) )This venue is ALL green, twinkle lights, has chandeliers through the trees, no buildings to be seen whatsoever. Truly the most romantic, fairy tale like venue we were looking for. It's beyond anything we could have hoped for. The staff is superb. From our first encounter to the day of our wedding, everything was so easy & stress free. You don't just get one contact, any time you call/email, anyone is able to respond & is familiar with your file. Our main day coordinator Vanessa was AMAZING! So sweet & helpful with all my last minute annoying bride emails, and the day of made me feel so at ease, and kept everything flowing & on track. I also had one other coordinator in our bridal suite ( I forget her name :( ) that was so amazing about always keeping our champagne coming, even through pictures, and even helped fluff out my long & veil right before my main walk down the aisle. I was so grateful for that!!! :) The food was phenomenal!

Sent on 05/16/2017

pauline · Married on 09/23/2016

Twin Oaks House was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better team or group of people to help us on the most important day of our lives! I would recommend Twin Oaks over and over again!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Ariel · Married on 01/10/2016

Absolutely gorgeous. The first time my fiance and I stopped by I was in love with the entrance alone when you are coming in to park. We went during the rain so it wasn't as dreamy as I'd like to first see it. But none the less, it's gorgouse. You don't need much of any type of additional items too fancy up the venue, the garden speaks for itself. The bridal parlor is amazing, and I can't wait to get ready in it. The staff is extremely friendly, polite, and considerate of your wedding and likes to make you feel like it's personalized. The only thing I wish was that the phone would be answered instead of going straight to answering machine. If I need to get a hold of anyone I email. It is expensive but worth every dollar so far.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Terri · Married on 05/31/2015

When my daughter (the bride) stepped onto the Twin Oaks property for the first time, she knew immediately it was the right choice. It was the perfect outdoor garden wedding venue she had envisioned. The property is beautiful everywhere you look and has a very secluded feel. Talk about photo opportunities - I can't imagine a better venue! And the staff truly believe in customer service from help with the planning to the wedding day coordination. They have it down!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/01/2015

Working with the Twin Oaks staff was amazing. They handled so much of the details and made the wedding planning process stress-free. On the day-of everything came together seamlessly and they were extremely helpful, handling all of the details so that we wouldn't have to worry. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Cody · Married on 12/20/2014

This venue being all inclusive was great for me i didnt want to worry about rentals and dealing with multiple vendors. There is a great selection of linen's and decorations and they are able to create the most formal setting or a vintage country setting and everything in between. The venue and staff were amazing. Everyone was very helpful and answered all my questions quickly. I loved the fact that the tent is heated being a December wedding this was a deciding factor for me. The venue grounds are amazing and my photographer used every inch of the venue. We had a whole table not show up and the only thing that bugged me was we weren't allowed to take home the cake that had already been cut or the extra food home.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Nicole · Married on 11/07/2014

There are not enough words to say about this venue! I could not be any happier with how everything turned out. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and it definitely happened because of our vendors and the staff at Twin Oaks. If anything went wrong, I have no clue. They are all inclusive and take care of all the stress for you. They keep in contact with all your vendors the day of the wedding and will not let you stress about your day. I'm pretty easy going and low stress, but will admit I did start to stress a couple months before the wedding. The coordinators were always responsive to my emails and phone calls. Everyone is there to help make your day perfect. Even though I was stressed, once I dropped off everything we needed to with Twin Oaks the day of our rehearsal, I immediately was stress free. I knew that moment I gave them everything, that everything was going to be perfect. That's the confidence they give you.

Not only is the staff amazing to work with, but the venue itself is gorgeous! Seriously book an appointment to go see this place. It's at least worth a look. It also has a sister venue called Green Gables. We saw both but ended up going with Twin Oaks. They both are beautiful, but Twin Oaks just called to us.

One suggestion I need to make is this venue books far in advance. It really is a gem and most people realize it when they see it so it books fast. So plan to book early if you want a certain date. We had to book our date a little over a year before the date. We wanted a long engagement so it worked for us.

Definitely give Twin Oaks a look. We are very glad we did. We couldn't have picked a better venue for us.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Thank you so much to your staff for making my wedding the best day of my life! I absolutely felt like a princess and it was all because of your staff. I adored my bridal assistant on the big day and I didn't even realize I was going to have one. Your staff made it possible for my weeding party and family to be able to just have fun that day. And I received so many compliments on the venue! I can't thank you enough.

Sent on 03/28/2015