Twickenham House Reviews

Twickenham House 7
  • Arya

Arya Thomas · Married on 01/01/2019

My big day in the Winter Wonderland

The most amazing place it feels like you're in Narnia!! the Hunters were excellent!

Sent on 01/19/2019
    Twickenham House 8

Chelsea · Married on 09/08/2018

Twickenham is the type of place you dream of having your wedding. They have an amazing team, the hall is top notch for a reception, the cliff (which is now another spot you can hold your ceremony instead of the lawn) is one of the most amazing views in this area, and you have no shortage of photo opportunities both inside and outside of the estate. They also have wedding planners with various packages that work for the property, if you want to hire someone that truly knows the venue and has great recommendations for all your other vendors - she helped me pick my florist, bakery, catering and transportation. You could spend your whole weekend just on the property and not run out of things to do. My whole wedding party, their spouses and kids stayed with us at Twickenham, which made the weekend that much more meaningful. It was kid-friendly, with a small wave pool, movie theater and a play room down in the basement. The guys went out exploring. The girls had coffee on the patio and made signs for the reception. When it started pouring, the Twickenham team had a rain plan already in place and got all my vendors on the same page. As a normally anxious person, they made everything so easy that I felt like I could actually just relax and let them handle anything that came up that weekend - they're that good. I would recommend this location and their team to anyone that wants a picturesque wedding in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Shakur · Married on 07/31/2018

Truly magical ! Magnificent guest service. Jocelyn and her family treated us like royalty. Professional and precise in coordinating and managing our wedding ceremony and reception. Thank you Twickenham.

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Twickenham House 9
    Twickenham House 10
    Twickenham House 11
    Twickenham House 12
    Twickenham House 13

J · Married on 06/16/2018

Having our son's wedding at Twickenham was a dream come true. The experience seemed straight out of a fairy tale. Jocelyn and her entire staff made sure every detail was attended to. It was a mountaintop experience in every way!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Michael · Married on 12/16/2017

Twickenham was the perfect winter getaway and venue for our vow renewal. Family from five states came to spend Christmas weekend with us in this dream-like winter woodland, and the estate was large enough to also have our vow renewal. We're seriously considering going back second weekend of December every year. Twickenham is the perfect cross between a mountain chalet and the southern comfort of a North Carolina Bed & Breakfast. Lots more expensive venues are available, but we'd not choose them over Twickenham even if they were cheap. This estate is the Christmas weekend locale every family should experience once in their lifetime.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Caryn · Married on 12/16/2017

It's only been six days since our vow renewal, but I still feel like I'm walking on air. Our three days at Twickenham was something out of a dream. I still have to remind myself that it really happened, and I'm not the only one that felt that way. Each of the couples among our guests who stayed with us remarked about how extraordinary the experience was, like something from the Great Gatsby. I planned, anticipated and built up the weekend for months and months ahead of time, but it still did not disappoint. The photos just don't do it justice of just how beautiful every detail is, how the owners have planned and prepped for every aspect of your wedding and stay that even you didn't think of, of all the many stunning spaces and sights that surround you and how special it makes you, your guests and family feel. The estate isn't just a wedding venue. It's an experience that includes the relaxation of a spa, the comforts of home, the beauty of being in a vintage Victorian setting and the luxury of being surrounded with only the best that was carefully selected with you in mind. I'm confident that even the most attentive celebrity assistants and high-end wedding coordinators have not put as much thought and energy into each aspect of your stay and wedding day as Jocelyn has. The set up assistants she provides in the run up and day of seemed to just know my every thought and planned for even what I didn't. They're not intrusive, but they seem to just appear whenever you need them and bring a calming presence to even the most hectic moments. There's always something that comes up, but at Twickenham, you can rest assured that they will take care of it no matter what. If you're considering a venue, trust me when I say, Twickenham House and Hall is the perfect place to bring your dream to life at an affordable price that will blow you away for all you get. I just couldn't imagine having gone anywhere else. Our vow renewal was so amazing, it far surpassed even our wedding.

Twickenham House 14
    Twickenham House 15
    Twickenham House 16
    Twickenham House 17

Joni · Married on 12/16/2017

I was at Twickenham for one of my best friend's vow renewal ceremony. Jocelyn was so easy to work with and accommodating! The estate was stunning and flawless...it was everything we could have hoped for. The staff helped with so many details and were gracious throughout. It was a dream wedding venue - I'd get married there myself if I wasn't already taken ;-)

Twickenham House 18

Maxx · Married on 12/16/2017

Beautiful home immaculate property well worth the trip.

Kevin · Married on 12/16/2017

We stayed at the Twickenham House during the week of 12/16/17 for a renewal of vows ceremony. It was an absolutely unparalleled experience. Very secluded high in the mountains with absolutely breathtaking scenic overlook and views. All buildings at the estate we're ornately decorated in Christmas fashion. I honestly felt like I was staying at a high-end Ski Resort, except the experience was much more intimate and personal. This was definitely the best wedding-type experience I've ever been a part of!
    - Kevin and Sarah

Dan · Married on 12/16/2017

Beautiful estate... great buildings and pretty grounds. Was there for a wedding two weeks ago and it is a great place. The entire lower level is a movie theatre, gym and giant playroom for kids! And the rest of the house will make you feel like you’re living a life few ever experience. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and everything is well decorated!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Rebecca · Married on 12/15/2017

My family recently had the privilege of staying at Twickingham House. Let me start by saying that the view is phenomenal. The rooms were big but cozy and so well decorated. We loved the old tubs and walk in showers. The kitchen fit our every need and we had everything at our disposal to create wonderful dishes. The two dishwashers were perfect for clean up. The fireplace in the livingroom was so warm and toasty perfect for sipping hot cocoa at the end of the day. The Hall is gorgeous with a fireplace big enough to fit Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendnego. Our family enjoyed every minute there and we highly recommend it for couples lilooking for an intimate venue for family and friends.

Twickenham House 19
    Twickenham House 20
    Twickenham House 21
    Twickenham House 22
    Twickenham House 23

Jenny · Married on 10/08/2017

The Twickenham House is simply perfect. I recommend the house and hall for your romantic mountain wedding. The staff and owners are wonderful people too ! A+

Sent on 11/06/2017

Aubree · Married on 08/25/2017

The staff was very friendly, super helpful! I would love to go back and have another weekend there just to site see. It was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Lindy · Married on 01/07/2017

My Daughter got married 1-7-17 at Twickenham. She wanted a winter wedding with snow and God blessed her! We had about 8 or so inches of snow which turned a gorgeous place into a magical winter wonderland!! Jocelyn and Eric were wonderful and accommodating! The house is gorgeous and we were able to accommodate family and friends. We had a wonderful experience ! All kirsten hoped and dreamed!! My little girl became Mrs Patrick White in what we have named "the perfect white wedding"!!!Thank you Jocelyn and Eric! It was an amazing weekend in a truly magical place!!??????

Sent on 01/12/2017

Dez · Married on 12/10/2016

INCREDIBLE experience here. It was exactly what we were looking for in a venue, beautiful scenery and venue with the ability to really make it our own. Jocelyn and all of the staff were more than accommodating. Since we are not from Boone, she was able to point us in the right direction for many of our venders and even helped come up with creative ways to accomplish our look on a budget. I cannot recommend the Twickenham enough!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Chris · Married on 08/27/2016

The best place to have a wedding in the High Country. The estate is amazing and the staff were excellent to work with!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Katherine · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have their dream wedding. They location made it perfect for our wedding. The views and the house itself are absolutely stunning! We could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/03/2016

We had a tight schedule to plan the wedding and with Jocelyns help it came out amazing, Exceeded our expectations and came out better than could have imagined. Great location, my whole family stayed there and near by hotels and we had a great time!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Susan · Married on 01/27/2016

Twickenham was the most breath taking place for for my son's wedding. We could not have been more pleased with this venue. Wish we could go back an relive the whole thing over again. What great memories!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 05/12/2012

Our wedding dreams came true at Twickenham House!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Excellent wedding venue, and owners are wonderful to deal with

Sent on 11/15/2014

Clove · Married on 12/16/2017

I had such a great time at the estate! The buildings are amazing and absolutely beautiful. Twickenham Estate is truly an architectural marvel.

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/16/2018

What a magical place for a wedding! Everything that we experienced was above our expectations! Attention to detail and the personal professionalism were outstanding! Would highly recommend this venue to future brides!

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Gabi

Gabi · Married on 06/16/2018

A beautiful wedding weekend getaway!

Jocelyn and the entire team at Twickenham went above and beyond to make sure our weekend was everything we could have dreamed! They were genuine, professional, easy to work with, and very flexible throughout the planning process and weekend events. Such a beautiful venue that provided our family and friends with a setting and weekend of celebrations that we will never forget!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Todd · Married on 12/17/2017

Had a beautiful weekend with my family at my mother's vow renewal. Plenty of pictures and memories to keep for a long time.