Trudy's Reviews

31 | Austin, TX

31 Reviews for Trudy's

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2018

Perfect!!!

We chose Trudy’s for our caterer at our wedding at Vista West in Dripping Springs. We went with the fajita bar buffet with a few appetizers. Tara was very helpful and took care of everything. She found all of the linens and plates that I wanted and she answered all of my questions. The food turned out amazing and the tables looked BEAUTIFUL. The guests are still talking to me about the table set ups. They did the wedding cake cutting and provided a water and tea station. They were just really on top of everything and we can’t thank them enough!

Avery · Married on 05/27/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner on the rooftop at Trudy's Four Star, and it was PERFECT!! Working with Tara and Stephanie was so great... They're were both always quick to respond with answers to our questions and we're super flexible when our final count kept changing. The food and drinks were delicious, and everything was setup perfectly. When the slideshow didn't work initially, the staff worked on it tirelessly until it was up and running. Everything was great! Thanks so much! Jason & Avery

Margaret · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I were super excited to have our reception at Trudys Four Star based on our interactions with the Event Managers (Tara and Stephanie) and the reviews. For a moment, we hoped we did not place our expectations so high they could not meet them...boy were we wrong. Not only did Trudys exceed our expectations, our guests kept saying they wanted to host parties here more all of the time.

To begin, as we said earlier, Tara and Stephanie were a blessing. They answered every question quickly and professionally--even when we asked them more than once! The food was delightful, even our family and friends are still talking about it. Then we come to the drinks...I mean how do you go wrong with a Mexican Martini or a Margarita.

Our Coordinator said set-up was easy and everyone was helpful. Originally we were supposed to have the event on the rooftop, but due to weather, we moved it inside...which worked out better. They were so flexible and easy-going about everything.

The service was exceptional, down to the last minute. We could go on about how fabulous the party was, but we will leave you with the summary above.

To the Trudys staff, thank you for making our day spectacular. We are so thankful for everything you did!

Cheers,

Margaret and James <3

Robert · Married on 04/13/2018

We loved our server Nicole and we're delighted with our meal. Great place for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will be back!

Kate · Married on 04/13/2018

Trudy’s hosted our rehearsal dinner (breakfast for dinner) and catered our wedding (fajitas) and everything was delicious! In my experience with wedding food, it is never a great meal, the goal is just not bad food. Trudy’s went above and beyond all of our expectations. The food was amazing and many guests told us specifically how delicious the food was at our wedding. We were also able to hire Trudy’s to help with set-up and bussing tables, as well as cutting and serving the cake. Our event manager Tara was so helpful and made sure that our events went perfectly!

Emma · Married on 11/04/2017

We found ourselves catererless 3 months before our wedding, due to our original caterer moving to Australia. Trudy's was extremely responsive and helpful designing our menu. The food was delicious and we able to give us a take home bag for our room to eat after the reception.

ashley · Married on 02/18/2017

USE TRUDY’S FOR YOUR EVENTS!
    Our wedding was on 2/18/2017 with the ceremony being held at Chapel Dulcinea and the reception at Trudy’s. My husband and I live in Houston, so planning an out of town wedding was very scary to me. The event coordinators made everything so smooth and wonderful and I feel so silly for even stressing myself out lol.
    Specifically Beth….she was so wonderful from replying to my million emails down to taking care of every guest at the reception. They kept all my boxes and decorations and had everything all packed up after the reception. So you literally don’t have to worry about anything! Instead of just doing what I say, Beth and I actually discussed different ideas and she gave me advice since she’s had plenty experience.
    One instance that really sticks out is how she handled my cake because it was my main concern.. Instead of a traditional wedding cake, we decided to use a 4 tier cake stand with a 8” round cake on top and the bottom 3 tiers filled with glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme. That’s what worried me the most…since we had to set it up ourselves rather than ordering a cake that is already good to go. I wanted to go to Trudy’s early before the wedding just so I can set the cake up myself (I’m kind of a control freak lol) But Beth told me to not worry and she let me send her pictures of how I wanted the cake (the set up, topper,and the flower decorations) Well, about an hour before the reception Beth texted me pictures of the cake/donuts and I was SOO IMPRESSED! It came out perfect and she made me feel less stressed and worried about everything else because I knew she had things under control. Needless to say, Trudys and Beth saved the day in so many ways..Our day was so magical on the rooftop, I wish I could relive that day all over again (:

Alyssa · Married on 01/28/2017

Trudy's made having a destination wedding so easy! Having lived in Austin before, my husband and I loved Trudy's restaurants and insisted on having them as our wedding caterer. The catering staff were so accommodating and helped us create the perfect menu for our wedding day. The staff the day of went above and beyond to make our guests feel at home and even helped set up all of the table settings prior to the reception. Thank you Trudy's for being such gems to work with and making wedding planning easy. The food was the exact same quality we would have gotten had we been at one of the restaurants which is exceptional because they served 200 guests.

Margie · Married on 10/28/2016

Trudy's was awesome! The food was delicious and a great value for the money, because the service staff was included. Their set up was very elegant and professional, and all their staff was great. They were very easy to work with. They even stayed later than we had originally planned to get the cake cutting done and were very flexible.

Jennifer · Married on 12/06/2015

We recently had Trudy's cater our wedding and it was a pleasant experience from start to finish. The tasting was very yummy so we booked them right away. Their catering manager, Coco was responsive, professional and very easy to work. The best part was the food - our guests absolutely loved it and we got lots of compliments. I would highly recommend Trudy's as a wedding caterer.

Rick · Married on 05/03/2015

Our contact was Coco and she was awesome from the first phone call! I live in Houston and was trying to plan a rehearsal luncheon in Austin. Coco took great care of us. She handled everything we needed over the phone. The room looked fantastic and was ready to go hours before the lunch started. There was plenty of wait staff there to take care of us. Everything went completely to plan and we had a great time! The food and drinks were great, service was excellent, atmosphere perfect. I would most definitely recommend Trudy's for a rehearsal dinner. They are on top of their game! And again, Coco was a great help from start to finish.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Trudy's's reply:

Thank you Rick! You all were such a pleasure to work with and we truly appreciate your kind words!

Lorie · Married on 05/02/2015

The staff was great.We were the parents of the Groom and we had the roof top for the rehearsal dinner.Had the Fajita bar and it was awesome.The staff kept chips and salsa and cheese always filled.Coco was very helpful and always called me back and was always pleasant and helpful.The bartender and staff were very friendly and were great. Our Son and his wife were very pleased with their day as were we. It was a great venue I would recommend . Robert and Lorie Grant

Sent on 09/13/2015

Trudy's's reply:

Lorie, thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to us that you would recommend us!

Food was amazing, and everything was smooth throughout the night. The service was great, the pricing was fair, and overall we hardly remember the catering because it was so smooth (which I think is a good thing). We will definitely consider Trudy's for any future catering needs we have, and we would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the near future.

Leah · Married on 03/28/2015

Our food was excellent. We wound up with enough leftovers to feed the groom for weeks... and he was ecstatic about that!

All of our guests raved about how wonderful the food from Trudy's was, specifically noting how wonderful the fresh-made corn tortillas were!

Our catering guru, Coco, was knowledgeable and in constant communication to let us know what was going on with her end of the food dealings. She was able to make adjustments and recommendations for us as needed.

Now, anytime we go through Austin, Trudy's is one of our main stops!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Trudy's's reply:

Thanks Leah! You guys were so wonderful to work with and we loved being a part of your celebration!

I had my husband's retirement party at Trudy's Four Star on the rooftop. The event manager, Coco, was extremely helpful and accommodated every request I made regarding the event and the menu. The tables looked great - full linens, plates, silverware and candles. The food was set up when promised and was very good. This was a turn-key event. We only had to show up and enjoy our guests. We had so many comments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the party and the food. I highly recommend Trudy's Four Star for catering events.

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2014

Food was great and my guests loved everything they had to offer!

• User4462050 · 2+ years ago

My husbands 40th birthday was celebrated at Trudys hill country.
    It was a perfect sunset view from the top.
    The drinks and food ( with vegetarian choices) was excellent.
    The servers were so nice and made drinks all through out the party.
    We had nice music, food, cake(chocolate my favorite from sweetish hill), candles , flowers, drinks, childhood picture slideshow on the TV. Friends speaking about my husband. They have taken care of all the arrangements, very well coordinated. Thanks Trudys team.

Karen · Married on 07/04/2014

This review is long over due...My son and new daughter-in-law had their wedding in Dripping Springs, Texas on July 4, 2014. Most of us stayed out in Dripping Springs so it made since to hold the rehearsal dinner locally instead of going to town or out by the lake. There are not many places to chose from in Dripping Springs so I was a bit skeptical at first. I literally pulled into Trudys Four Star on my way out of town as a last stop (close to dinner without an appointment). I am so glad I did! I was introduced to Coco (the catering manager) who was setting up for an event that very evening and she showed me around anyway. She was wonderful from that moment on until the very end of our event. After seeing the menu and prices, I never turned back. She made sure that every detail I asked for was taken care of. I even had flowers ordered from Costco that were delivered a couple days prior that she had placed in water and stored in a cooler for me. Many of our guest had never been to Texas so, upscale mexican food on a beautiful private roof top with views, made our rehearsal dinner elegant and relaxed at the same time. Now, if you are looking for a dressy upscale event with a stuffy feel, this is not it. This has a more "Welcome to Texas feel". I went with the highest price events menu ($16.00 Per Person) plus the $3.00 per person desserts add on. I also decided to put a maximum dollar amount on the bar. When I reached that limit they came and told me. By this time we were listening to speeches and slide shows and people were not drinking as much so it worked out. The servers were VERY ATTENTIVE and the food was great. I did however, need to order two more half trays of enchiladas because we ran out. We did have some rather large football players in attendance though. Coco was off that night but stopped by just to make sure that everything was going well anyway. They also have a wonderful audio and visual system for music & slide shows. Love Them!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Trudy's's reply:

Thank you so much Karen! It was our pleasure to host your rehearsal dinner!

Aimee · Married on 04/01/2014

Trudy's is great on price for a wedding being planned on a small budget. Their pricing is done all inclusive. They have a roof top area that is private away from the rest of the restaurant over looking the hill country of Austin. Down fall is that there is not a private entrance and you do have to walk though the restaurant to get upstairs. The food was wonderful and the service was great.

• User4408805 · event on: 08/02/2014

You made a wonderful 3/4 Century Birthday party for me. I thought I had responded to your review questions already. If not I am sorry.
    Ann

Terryn · Married on 07/14/2018

Food is one of the most important decisions of your wedding day in our opinion. People don't remember the songs that were played or the silver wear but they remember the service and quality of the food. We were so pleased with the quoting process, customer service on the day of, and taste of the food. We needed a full service caterer to bus tables and complete set-up and take-down because of venue requirements. Also, our special request was someone to cook on-site fajitas so the food was hot and fresh and we felt the cost was very reasonable for this need. Overall we would highly recommend Trudy's for the value, customer service, and flexibility.

Laura · Married on 04/03/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was just what we were looking for, something casual enough, but with a special event/ intimate feel. We had our dinner in the semi-private patio room. Trudy's Four Star is different then the other locations because they seem to cater more towards special events. I love their patio room. It looks out over the Hill
    Country and is a beautiful view of the sunset! Our team Coco and Tara were great and responded to all questions very fast. It was so easy to set up our menu online. We were able to accommodate roughly 40 people in this space, but they definitely have other options for more or less guests. I recommend them if this is the vibe you are going for!

Debbie · Married on 02/14/2015

I can't thank Trudy's enough for a fantastic wedding feast! Everyone raved about the food, and we thought everything we ate was delicious as well. Our guests absolutely loved the street taco appetizers and our friends are still talking about the chicken enchilada suizas. Some guests came up to me and also said the coffee bar was the best they'd ever had. I loved hearing that.

Working with them was very easy as they were accommodating and full-service. After getting about 6 different quotes from various recommended caterers, I found Trudy's to be the most affordable and easy to work with.

Jamie · Married on 10/26/2014

Trudy's is one of the best buys for a Hill Country Rehearsal Dinner, as the food is great and the venue is beautiful. The rooftop area is nice and reserved, but be aware that the loud fan can be bothersome (it cannot be turned off).