Tradewinds Island Resorts Reviews

Tradewinds Island Resorts 5
Tradewinds Island Resorts 6
  • Shannon

Shannon Kirkpatrick · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful sunset ceremony on the beach

I really didn’t work with the resort but my wedding planner did. Beautiful venue on a beautiful beach!

Ashlee · Married on 07/20/2018

My wife and I chose the Tradewinds for our venue based on one phone conversation with Maria. After Maria told us all of the activities there were available for our guests at the resort, we knew this place was the perfect location for a destination wedding.
    Honestly, I could not recommend Maria and her team at the Tradewinds more for any bride. She always made me feel like I was her #1 priority and no question I asked was silly or irrelevant. She put me at ease for MONTHS over small and large details. The planning process was smooth and the lead up made the experience a joy to plan for an out of town bride.
    We stayed at the Tradewinds for a few days leading up to the wedding and the entire staff was just AMAZING to our entire wedding party. No request went unheard and we were treated top notch. Our room was a beautiful balcony room with a suite living room (THIS MADE OUR DAY OF GET READY PROCESS AMAZING!) and we had so much space.
    The food at the reception was outstanding and the chef went out of his way to make sure every one was satisfied. Our guests RAVED about the steak we served. The servers/bartenders/attendants were all amazing and the meals came out hot and on time. The servers even made sure my wife and I were eating and brought our leftovers directly to our room fridge so we could finish our dinners after the wedding.
    One of the highlights of our day was a surprise Maria had planned for us during cocktail hour. Maria is a huge Disney person like my wife and myself and she bought a Mickey stencil (it said Love) to have the chefs carve a fruit display. It was so thoughtful and personal - we truly loved every moment of working with her. We also used Driftwood Events as our planner (associated with hotel) and I will review their top-notch 100% amazing service too! All in all, we could not have been happier with our wedding at the TW.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you so much Ashlee for the Wonderful Review! You and Kate were such a pleasure to work with! I am so happy I was able to add a little extra Magic to your Special Day! :)

Carrie · Married on 06/09/2018

We chose the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort for my daughter's wedding and we are so glad we did!
    Absolutely everyone we dealt with, from the managers to the chef, were very accommodating, flexible and extremely nice people .
    Julie Manes the wedding sales manager was outstanding! She literally would respond to most of my emails within minutes!
    She was so helpful with booking all of the rooms for our guests and, even though we had amazing wedding planners with Driftwood Wedding and Events, I still felt like Julie was a huge part of helping me make decisions every step of the way. The food tasting was a highlight of the whole planning process. It was over-the-top amazing and, as promised, was just as delicious and hot at the reception.
    The property at the TradeWinds is unbelievable for hosting a wedding or any event where people come from all over or just from the other side of town. Our guests were able to enjoy a whole weekend of fun without even having to leave the property. Several people said it was the best wedding they had ever been to!
    I would highly recommend the TradeWinds and would give them more than 5 stars if possible!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Carrie! You were a pleasure to work with!!

Jan · Married on 05/04/2018

Excellent support from the Tradewinds team! Everyone was very professional and helpful. Shout out to Julie and Maria for all their help with the planning and meetings prior to the wedding. Top notch staff during the reception and rehearsal dinner! We had the rehearsal dinner at Bermuda's and they were excellent! Our guests are still raving about the food! Highly recommend for any couple looking for a beautiful venue on the beach.

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 7
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 8
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 9
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 10
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 11
    Tradewinds Island Resorts 12

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thanks Jan! We enjoyed working with you! See you soon.

ashley · Married on 03/02/2018

Could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding! Everything was perfect and exactly how I imagined! Maria is fantastic and so helpful. She always answered all of our questions and in a very quick manner. Being that it was a destination wedding it was great to have someone at the resort that was so helpful and all around great! Everything was absolutely amazing. Thank you for all that you did for us Maria!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Ashley for the Wonderful Review! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your amazing family on your Special Day! I wish you and Hunter a lifetime of Love and Happiness and hope to see everyone again in the future! :)

Jenn · Married on 02/19/2017

TradeWinds Island Grand is the best wedding venue. Thanks to all of you for make my son and daughter-in law's wedding the best. Julie, Margarita, Lilly and everyone from the bellmen to the front desk. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. My love to you all. Vicky Holland

Alyssa · Married on 10/15/2016

The Tradewinds and everyone working there made my wedding an absolute dream come true. Julie and Maria were absolutely fantastic to work with and took care of everything. They were always very quick to answer any questions and went above and beyond for special requests my groom and I had. Food was amazing, venue was beautiful, and they were very accommodating--they even extended my reception when it got delayed due to rain. They treat you as if this was a wedding in their own family and want everything to be perfect.

The company they use for day of coordination, Exquisite Events, was fantastic as well. Danielle was there every step of the day to answer questions, troubleshoot problems and ensure I was not stressed at all.

I recommend this place 200%.

Tony · Married on 07/09/2016

Make sure to ask a lot of questions about service, expectations and flexibility. We found the Tradewinds Resort to be very flexible and did their absolute best to reasonably accommodate our wedding plans. It is quite obvious that this is not just a "side business" for the Resort. Every detail and conversation is professionally taken care of with no surprises. We'd recommend the Tradewinds to anyone looking for a wedding venue or any top notch banquet of any kind.

Cindy · Married on 04/30/2016

Our daughter got married on the Breck Deck and had her reception in the Pavillion at the TW on April 30th this year. We cannot express how pleased we were with everything, top to bottom, start to finish! Julie Manes was amazing! She responded to every question almost immediately and always with a cheerful attitude. Her responsiveness made the wedding planning process so much easier. Chloe, with Exquisite Events, was also fantastic and took care of coordinating with all of our vendors (florist, photographers, DJ, etc) before and during the wedding/reception which allowed us and our daughter to enjoy the day stress-free.
    The Breck Deck was fantastic for the ceremony, plenty of space and beautiful backdrop of the beach without having to be "on the sand". The Pavillion was the perfect place for the reception. Huge space (plenty of room for seating, bars, DJ, photo booth), fantastic up-lighting and large dance floor made for a beautiful and fun reception. The rehearsal dinner was also held on the Breck Deck which turned out great with a gorgeous sunset. We also held a "Farewell Breakfast" on the South Lawn the morning after the reception which was a hit with everyone. Again, a beautiful setting.
    In terms of food for all of the events (rehearsal, reception, farewell breakfast).....it was outstanding!! I cannot say enough great things about every dish we were served! The chef was extremely flexible and was able to accommodate some dietary restrictions and special requests with no problem. For the rehearsal dinner we had the hors d'oeuvres reception with pork loin carving station and pasta bar. For the wedding reception we chose the plated dinner with a choice of filet mignon, chicken, sea bass or vegetarian. We requested all steaks be prepared medium rare....and they were! The sea bass was incredible, cooked perfect. The guests raved about everything. For the farewell breakfast, they had a huge spread of eggs, bacon, potatoes, smoked salmon, pastries....it was perfect!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I always say I rarely ever get a complaint on our food! It was truly my pleasure to work with you :)

Hannah · Married on 04/10/2016

Let me first start by saying - Our day was everything we dreamed of and more!! We began our wedding weekend by staying here at the TradeWinds, with many other family and guests. Our wedding was on Sunday but we arrived Friday and stayed through Monday. The entire time we were there the whole staff was so welcoming, happy, and caring. They truly were on the ball in all aspects. The restaurants are delicious, and the servers are so friendly and upbeat. I also loved our hotel room, it was very large and perfect for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in.

On to the day of. The TradeWinds along with EE handled everything from set-up to planning to last minute requests. Julie, Maria, and all of the wonderful catering staff, wedding staff, etc were just so wonderful!! They put me at ease, they were always happy, and they were very attentive! Even though the TradeWinds is a very busy place - they manage to make it seem like 100% of their focus is on you!

The food: the food is absolutely to die for! We had a buffet and it did not disappoint. Our guests are still raving!!
    The ceremony: the beach is beautiful, the chairs are perfect, the fence is adorable, the whole thing was just perfect!!
    The reception: we chose an outdoor reception, on north break deck. I was a little nervous about being next to a pool, but it actually did not make a difference. The pool is adult only so it was very quiet, and the way they had everything set up I never even noticed it! The guests are also adorable, at one point an older couple was dancing to a slow song in the water - it was precious. They also fenced off our reception area so there were no distractions or passer byers.

Overall: Overall the TradeWinds was excellent. I am so happy I chose them.

The staff, the location, the food, and the amount of effort that they put into your big day is 100% worth every penny. I'm so thankful we were married here!!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Hannah, It was our pleasure!

Katy · Married on 04/04/2016

TradeWinds did an outstanding job with our wedding ceremony & reception!! Julie Manes was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout the planning process. She was so responsive, flexible & easy to work with. The ceremony & reception set-ups were done just as we'd discussed. Everything looked terrific! What a gorgeous setting!! The beach is beautiful and so is the resort. All of the banquet staff did an amazing job. They were all professional, polite and helpful. Excellent customer service. The food was delicious as were the drinks.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Katy! It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest and beautiful Bride!

betty · Married on 03/12/2016

We celebrated our daughter's wedding in March 16 at the beach. it was wonderful. Julie was great. the food was awesome! i did not have to worry about anything! i would strongly recommend this venue to everyone!! thank you for making this special day... well, very special!!!
    Betty

Sent on 03/29/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Betty! It was our pleasure.

Jessica · Married on 02/26/2016

We are so happy that we chose the Tradewinds for our Wedding! Absolutely beautiful location on the beach, gorgeous property, amazing staff and Julie was the absolute best! She made the entire process very easy and seamless. I was a little nervous having to plan the wedding remotely from a different state, but Julie always got back to me very quickly with answers (and I had a LOT of questions) and was truly a pleasure to work with. I couldn't have done it without her. :)

Sent on 03/08/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Jessi! I really enjoyed working with you and Kevin. I know I'll see you again in the near future :)

Tanis · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an awesome experience at the tradewinds . The food was delicious , the staff was very helpful and accommodating , the rooms were great and the overall experience and working with everyone was very pleasant !

Sent on 01/23/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Tania! It was our pleasure!

Rachel · Married on 07/31/2015

I cannot say enough about the Tradewinds. It truly was a dream come true to be married at such a beautiful resort.

Julie Manes is an absolute DREAM to work with. From the second we started planning, she was with us every step of the way. She responded to emails so fast, took phone calls whenever we needed her and did whatever it took to make our dream wedding happen.

During the reception, the staff was so friendly and my new husband and I even had our own personal captain to take care of our every wish... our food was delivered early so we could mingle with guests during dinner, there were 2 drinks and appetizers waiting for us on our sweetheart table after our first dance and everyone went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful time (which we so did!!). And the food was OUTSTANDING. You would have never thought this food was "wedding food."

If you are having a wedding on St. Pete Beach, there really is no better venue than the Tradewinds. I truly cannot even imagine getting married anywhere else and I definitely cannot even imagine getting married without Julie there to help every step of the way.

THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Rachel, thank you so much! You were a beautiful bride and a pleasure to work with....

Peggy · Married on 07/11/2015

We booked both the ceremony and the reception at the Tradewinds Island Grand resort for my daughter's wedding. Our wedding coordinator at the resort was Julie. She was absolutely amazing. We worked with Julie for about 7 months on all the details that go into a wedding. Julie was always available to answer our questions. She gave us many money saving suggestions along the way. The reception, cocktail hour and the reception areas were all set up perfectly. We had a sit down dinner and Chef Matt made some amazing dishes and was able to cater to those with special dietary needs.
    I would recommend the services of Julie at the Tradewinds for and wedding or event you are planning. Julie made it feel like I was dealing with a family friend.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Peggy, thank you and you were a pleasure!!

Sharon · Married on 05/29/2015

Julie Manes all the way! 10++++! From the very beginning, Julie was all about making our wedding planning days as easy as possible & sharing names of vendors in the area and providing us with all the answers we had from the very beginning to the end of the most beautiful wedding you could ever imagine. Julie is tops in the business! We previously went to another venue and we're not even offered a glass of water when we arrived and Julie welcomed us as though we had been friends forever and offered us something to drink right away. I was the wedding planner for our daughter and Julie helped me make her dream wedding come true. The food was exceptional, the Pavilion was decorated beautifully and service top notch! If you don't call Julie Manes & plan a visit to the TradeWinds, you will be making a huge mistake.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Sharon...thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure working with you! Keep in touch....

Christal · Married on 04/10/2015

Working with Julie at the TradeWinds was an absolute pleasure! We adore her! Anything we needed done she made sure it happened. Our whole wedding experience here at the TradeWinds was amazing and a breeze. The food was excellent and their staff was on top of everything. We're so happy that we chose the TradeWinds as our venue for our destination wedding!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Christal, sorry for the late response!!! Thank you so much for the nice review!

Christine · Married on 11/14/2014

When researching venues, we wanted a beach ceremony with an indoor reception, as well as hotels nearby for guests to stay the night. Many venues along St Petersburg Beach offers this combination, but we picked Tradewinds because we felt they had the absolute best combination of options! Tradewinds is a large property with several spots to choose from for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We had our ceremony on the south beach with the cocktail hour on the south lawn overlooking the beach. Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful. The beach site at Tradewinds is set a bit back from the water so we had no tourists in the background of our ceremony, yet we were close enough to have the water in the background. The sunset was absolutely amazing and we have the best pictures. We held our reception in the pavillion which was perfect - easy to decorate with lighting and decor; plenty of room for guests to eat, drink, and dance. The quality of food and drinks was excellent, as was the service. Julie Manes and Lynn Clark are so organized and professional, they were helpful every step of the way. Julie and Lynn were very quick to respond to emails/phone calls, and we were just so happy with the way everything came together. Also loved that there are so many restaurants and bars on the property, getting breakfast/snacks/lunch was so easy throughout the weekend, and it was so much fun to meet at the tiki bar or other places on property after the rehearsal dinner and reception. Once at Tradewinds, we did not leave the resort for 4 days because everything we needed was there. We highly recommend the Tradewinds for your big event!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Christine!! You were wonderful to work with!

Lindsey · Married on 10/12/2014

I can not say enough about the staff at TradeWinds Island Grand! From start to finish they did everything to make sure our wedding day went smoothly, and it did! Julie Manes is so wonderful, she is quick to respond to any questions you have. Ashley from Exquisite Events was so great as our day of coordinator! Together with Julie, Ashley and the whole staff at the TradeWinds, our day could not have been more perfect! The day of the wedding was so stress free knowing that there were so many experienced people dedicated to our wedding. I could write a book about how great the TradeWinds is! I highly recommend to any bride that is looking for a stress free planning experience!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Lindsey, thank you so much! You were a wonderful Bride!

Aimee · Married on 10/04/2014

The Tradewinds Island Resort is the absolute perfect venue for a beautiful tropical wedding! Julie Manes is so great and works with you to make everything perfect! Our rehearsal dinner was on the south lawn and we had a beautiful sunset and the Florida buffet which was great for my family from NY to feel like they were on a tropical vacation. The resort is completely kid friendly and big kid friendly, with so much to do! My out of town guests LOVED it and want to go back for another vacation there!!'
    My ceremony was absolutely to die for on the Breck Deck out by the beach. We had another amazing sunset for photos! We were so lucky!!! Steel drum band by Mello Vibes set the tropical setting off! Then it was go the beautiful Pavilion tent for the reception, gorgeous is all I have to say about that! Exquisite Events is hired to make your day run smoothly and they do an impeccable job! I didn't worry about a thing all day! They shuttled me where ever I had to be and I just got to relax and take it all in. The food is supreme! We had chicken, sea bass and filet and everyone was raving about each dish, we couldn't be happier. Perfect day! Perfect wedding! Perfect venue!!!! Thank you Tradewinds!!! And thank you Julie Manes!!!!!
    Xoxo
    Aimee & Jesse

David · Married on 09/18/2014

I planned my wedding all the way from Spain and I researched and compared all resorts along the gulf coast for the perfect place. My wedding was an informal intimate one on the beach with 35 guests. My wife and I wanted that picturesque beach wedding with white chairs, roses, a pergola and the sunset in the background and the Tradewinds more than delivered. I was a little nervous about planning a wedding from the other side of the Atlantic but when I called and spoke with the amazing Julie Manes I knew I was in good hands. I was able to tell immediately that I was speaking with a professional by the way she answered my questions without hesitation and even explained some things that I hadn't even thought of. For seven months along with their collaborators at Exquisite Events, Julie managed our invoicing, dinner plans, payments, and pretty much anything we needed she never took longer than 24 hours to get us a response. I essentially planned the entire wedding from my computer thanks to Julie's knowledge and hard work. The day of the wedding we were lucky enough to have great weather. From our room we were able to see the wedding preparations which started early in the morning. When the time finally arrived Julie came and personally drove my wife and her parents in a little golf cart to our wedding spot on the beach where I was waiting for them. After the wedding we had a cockatil hour in which Art was our bartender and he was delightful. When we went inside for the reception it was Lilly who coordinated everything. Lilly was so sweet and charming along with Aziz they made sure we had everything we needed. At the end of the night my family was so impressed with every aspect of the wedding. I wish I could take credit for it but in all honesty it was the great team at Exquisite Events, Julie's expertise, Art's charm, and Lilly and Aziz's attentiveness which made everything run so smoothly. Thank you! - David and Sara from Spain

Sent on 10/01/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

David, Thank you! It was our pleasure....

Danielle · Married on 08/09/2014

The TradeWinds is an absolutely beautiful location to have a wedding! Our ceremony was on the deck overlooking the water and reception in a gorgeously decorated Pavilion. Everything was perfect and all of the staff is helpful and kind! They catered to all of our large family and wedding party needs from start to finish. Their Wedding Coordinator is wonderful, Julie Manes, we cant thank you enough! Because of her our wedding was perfect! We will be back soon to visit for sure!
    ~The Hendrick Family

Sent on 08/18/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Danielle! You were wonderful!

Tradewinds Resort was the perfect place for our beach wedding. They truly made our day perfect and Julie was amazing!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2014

I just got married at the Tradewinds a couple weeks ago and it was perfect. The staff did a great job, the food was amazing and Julie was with me every step of the way. Julie did a great job of answering all my questions and reassuring me with all of my concerns and made sure everything was handled like she promised. Thank you!! All of my family commented on what a great venue we chose. They have something at the resort for every age. My family came from all over and they were all able to stay for a long weekend and make it a fun family vacation. I could not have asked for a better venue and venue staff. Dominique from Exquisite Events, provided by the Tradewinds, was my day of coordinator and she was fabulous. She had safety pins when my bustle broke, club soda when someone stepped on my dress and it left a mark and she made sure all my guest were where they were suppose to be so that I could enjoy my day. Thank you to all those who made it wonderful. I will definitely recommend you.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

It was our pleasure..thanks Sarah!