Total Babe Hair Reviews

Total Babe Hair 5
Total Babe Hair 6
Total Babe Hair 7

Sarah Kim · Married on 03/30/2019

So pleased with her work!

Isabel was amazing to work with! I was slacking a bit in hiring someone to do hair for my wedding, and asked Isabel sooo last minute if she was available. Luckily and thankfully, she was available, and was so nice and pleasant even though I had given her such a late notice. She did a great job with all of our hair, and everyone's hair lasted the whole day! I had forgotten to let her know at the trial that the girls would be wearing flowering crowns, but she was able to incorporate it into their hair without hesitating. She provided images of different angles of my hair at the trial so I could look at them and decide whether I wanted anything changed or not, which I thought was great. She also worked well with my makeup artist. I'm so glad I booked her, and would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Knapp · Married on 12/08/2018

Very Skilled, professional, and made me feel so calm on my big day!

Deciding who I wanted to style my hair as well as my bridal party, was a very difficult decision but I am so happy with my decision! She is extremely talented, listened to what I wanted, gave recommendations, and was so easy to work with! There is a lot I don’t remember from my wedding day but I vividly remember sitting in the chair, as she was doing my hair, and I was feeling anxious about how close we were to the ceremony. She told me to take a deep breath, count to 3, and let it out - it worked and my anxiety started to go away. I am so thankful for her! You will be so happy when you decide to book her and her team!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Total Babe Hair 8
    Total Babe Hair 9
    Total Babe Hair 10
  • Sarah

Sarah Krogman · Married on 11/08/2018

Isabel is the best!

I hired Isabel to do my hair for my destination elopement in Washington, DC, fall of 2018. It was nerve wrecking because I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to do a test run before my wedding day since I lived in Oklahoma. This made it was really important to me to find someone that had great communication and was very familiar with doing updos. I also have *extremely* long hair (past my lower back) and I knew it would be tricky. Isabel was a godsend. Not only is she very competitively priced, but she knows what she’s doing when I comes to hair. She arrived early and quickly got to work curling my hair and going over what I wanted. She was easy to talk to and seemed to quickly grasp what I had in mind. She was able to create a fantastic updo for me on the first try and it was *gorgeous*- better than I even imagined. Not only was it pretty, but it stayed perfectly intact ALL day. It was super windy and we were outside for multiple hours taking photos without having any issues. I continued to wear it all day and late into the evening to dinner. I finally took it down around 2:00 in the morning and it looked no different.

Long story short- Isabel will not disappoint you. She is delightful to work with and is extremely talented. I would book her again in a heartbeat.

**Photography by Rachel Scroggs Photography**

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Total Babe Hair 11
    Total Babe Hair 12
    Total Babe Hair 13
    Total Babe Hair 14

Emily · Married on 11/04/2018

Lovely hair stylist!

On my very first phone call with Isabel I knew right away that she was someone I wanted to work with on my wedding day. Isabel of Total Babe Hair is organized, kind, pleasant, and so talented. She took her time working with me at my initial hair trial to make sure the final look was the exact one I envisioned. More so, she has a calming presence that really helped with my wedding day jitters while we were getting ready in the bridal suite. Isabel even created a cohesive style for me, my mom, and my bridesmaids -- we were all so thrilled with our hairstyles and felt so fabulous on the big day! I was so glad to have Isabel as my hair stylist on my wedding day and I'm confident that anyone who books her would be, too!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Samantha Kennedy · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Hair Stylist!

Not only is Isabel incredibly kind and easy to work with, she is amazingly talented! I had two trials before my wedding, and she was incredibly accommodating. On my wedding day, Isabel did myself, my 2 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and my grandmother. Everyone loved how their hair turned out, Isabel took all of their various styles and made them feel beautiful, confident and comfortable for the wedding day. I cannot say enough great things about Isabel, and enthusiastically recommend her!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Juliet

Juliet · Married on 10/06/2018

Super Happy

Isabel was professional and fun, easy to work with, responsive and overall just awesome! She worked well with different hair and personality types and helped me find what I wanted as a bride. She was knowledgeable and easy to talk to! Highly recommend! Great/fair value for the quality!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Just amazing.

I am SO SO glad I booked Isabel for my wedding. She is a true professional and so incredibly talented. She did my hair, as well as 4 bridesmaids and 2 moms back-to-back, and absolutely killed it with every hairstyle. My favorite thing was everyone absolutely loved her. In fact, one of my bridesmaids remarked that she felt like Isabel was just another bridesmaid! She also gave great advice for styles that would hold up best given the environment, hair length and texture, etc. She's been around the block and knows what she's talking about. I couldn't have been happier with choosing Isabel.

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 08/25/2018

Isabel is amazing!

Isabel was wonderful to work with! She was very organized, communicated effectively, and produced great work. I asked my mother and bridesmaids to pick whatever hairstyle appealed to them, and they each ended up picking a different hairstyle (all with hair of different textures and colors as well). Isabel listened to each person's wishes and created beautiful hairstyles. My hair is very fine and frizzes easily (and my reception was outdoors during August in the mid-Atlantic), and Isabel was able to create a beautiful hairstyle (working very well with extensions, which can be tricky) that held up all night long.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Elli · Married on 07/06/2018

Isabel is amazing at what she does and she is so professional, kind and sweet along the way. Isabel was very responsive and supportive throughout the whole process of me trying to figure out what I wanted for my hair, planning the getting ready timeline and the details in between. My wedding party was so impressed how quickly we all got ready and how great all of their hair looked. I highly recommend hiring her to be apart of your wedding day!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Shannon · Married on 07/03/2018

Hands-down, the best!

Absolutely wonderful! Isabel was an absolute joy to work with, and I couldn't have been more happy with my wedding day style. It held up great in the July heat and was exactly what I had envisioned. Communication was top-notch, and Isabel made sure to send me lots of pictures of the trial run, making sure every detail was perfect. My mom, sister, and niece (the flower girl!) all loved their styles, too! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Allison · Married on 07/01/2018

Isabel and her assistant Jackie were so amazing for my early brunch wedding. We had to do hair for 7 women and be done by 8:30 am, something that would scare many hair stylists away, but Isabel rose to the challenge and did marvelously. I first knew I was going to like working with Isabel based on her professionalism as we emailed before my trial appointment, and when I first met her, I was immediately put at ease by her personality- and the wonderful addition of her sweet dogs at her fantastic home studio. Isabel was incredibly talented in taking my inspiration photos and building a unique look off of that, and although I added a flowered head piece the morning of, she was able to incorporate in and recreate the look almost exactly for the actual wedding day. Before the wedding, Isabel was really great at communicating about the schedule, and we ran almost exactly on schedule the day of. It is not easy to work starting at 4 am and Isabel and her assistant Jackie did fantastic. I was really nervous the morning of and struggling with the 4 am wakeup, and it was a real comfort to have a professional who was so personable in the room with us as we prepped. All of our hairstyles were unique and looked fantastic. Most importantly, all of our hair stayed throughout the day even in 100-degree heat that would wilt any hairstyle. One of my bridesmaids even had another wedding that she went to in the evening after my wedding finished, and her hair stayed put throughout the second wedding until she left that at 11:30 pm. As she said, "your hair stylist is a magician!" I could not recommend Isabel highly enough. I was nervous about hair since I don't usually get my hair cut regularly and don't think a lot about hair care, but Isabel made the process so easy. I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Monica · Married on 05/19/2018

I had a great time working with Isabel! She was very responsive throughout the process and creative in making mine and all my bridesmaids' hair so beautiful. We all had so much fun getting ready on the day of my wedding. My hair stayed well through the night.
    So, I highly recommend working with her! Also, the trial visit is very helpful for determining what kind of hairstyle you are looking for. You'll also get to meet Isabel's two lovely puppies during the visit, which is a great joy.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Total Babe Hair 15
    Total Babe Hair 16
    Total Babe Hair 17

Lesslie · Married on 04/27/2018

When I first contacted Isabel I was impressed by her responsiveness and professionalism, during the hair trial she made sure I was completely satisfied with the look I had chosen, prior to the day of the wedding she was in touch with me making sure everything was running smoothly and that she and the right address and time and of course she was wonderful on the day of the weeding she even gave me a fruit bar because I didn't eat much before the wedding (as many brides I guess :) ), my hair looked beautiful and it lasted all through the wedding. I can only said great things about her because she truly cares for her clients. You won't regret having Isabel by your side on your big day !! oh and I almost forgot she also did my sister and mom's hair they loved it too!

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Total Babe Hair 18
    Total Babe Hair 19
    Total Babe Hair 20
  • User7149088 · 1+ year ago

I was so glad I found Isabel and Total Babe Hair. I was not going to get my hair done professionally, but changed my mind at the very last minute. She was still available and managed to squeeze me in for a hair trial. On the day of the wedding, she was on time and had everything ready to go. I hired her to do my hair and my mother's (and my mother absolutely loved it), but she finished early and offered to curl one of my bridesmaid's hair that was starting to fall. My hair stayed in position all day, which is quite a feat because my hair really does not generally behave. She was so nice and friendly, and made my last-minute panic decision one of my best.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Meredith · Married on 03/03/2018

Isabel is fantastic! She's very professional and detail oriented. After my trial (which was great), I decided I wanted to make a few changes. Isabel was very patient and helped me figure out exactly what I wanted. She nailed my wedding hair, and also did a great job with my mom and sister. It was crazy windy on my wedding day, but our hair managed to stay in place and look amazing all night. I highly recommend Isabel!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Meredith, thanks so much for your nice review :) I appreciate it! I hope you and Rich are well!

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2017

Isabel Duarte of Total Babe Hair is a magical hair wizard who will make you look and feel like the absolute best version of yourself on your wedding day. Isabel and I first did a vintage-inspired updo at my trial and while it looked GORGEOUS (I got SO many compliments from strangers and friends), I decided I wanted to go with a vintage half-up, old Hollywood glam style instead. I typically would have been nervous to not do a trial of the hair-do, but I knew I was in the best hands with Isabel and they absolutely knocked it out of the park on our wedding day. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and stayed looking perfect all day and night - the style stayed so pretty that I didn't want to take it down when all was said and done at 2:30am! And it photographed beautifully, too. In addition to my 'do, Isabel was able to assist last minute with some light styling of my wife's super short hair. The expert styling totally elevated my gorgeous wife's look and made her feel polished and stunning. Not to mention, Isabel is just the best person and a joy to be around. If you want a gorgeous style from a wonderful person who will make you feel special and look like a dream, I cannot urge you more strongly to book with Total Babe Hair.

Sent on 02/05/2018
    Total Babe Hair 21
    Total Babe Hair 22
    Total Babe Hair 23
    Total Babe Hair 24
    Total Babe Hair 25

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Melissa, thank you for the lovely review, and for including all these fabulous pictures of you and Jill!

Brittany · Married on 11/04/2017

Isabel is just simply amazing. She did My hair and bridesmaids hair and I’ve never got so many compliments on how beautiful our hair was. I cannot thank her enough for making me look beautiful on my special day. She is such a sweet, friendly, professional, hardworking person! I’m so glad I was able to work with her and will definitely recommend her to anybody

Sent on 12/20/2017

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Brittany, thank you for the awesome review :) I hope you're having a wonderful 2018 so far!

Julia · Married on 11/03/2017

After a terrible hair trial with another vendor, Isabel came to my rescue! She listens so carefully to what you’re interested in doing for your wedding day hair, asks great questions and works her magic to come up with unbelievably beautiful styles. I could not have been happier with what she did for my wedding day updo. She is incredibly talented — book her for your wedding today!!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Julia, thank you so much for the lovely review :) I hope you're having a great 2018 so far!
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't sing Isabel's praises enough! She was such a joy to work with. From just the initial email contact she provided me with very thorough outline of services including a tentative timeline for our hair services on the day of -- very professional and responsive! Meeting her in person for my hair trial sealed the deal --- not only did she do an amazing job on my hair (taking very fine, straight hair and making it look like I had a ton of hair!!) she's also fun to be around. And on the day of she fit right in with my bridal party, plus her assistant was a lot of fun too. They got us all done in time and everyone looked gorgeous. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Total Babe Hair 26

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Laurie, thank you for the great review :) also, thank you for including the adorable snapshot of you and Ryan! I hope you guys are having a fabulous 2018 so far!
  • Maxwell House Mrs.

Christina · Married on 10/27/2017

Isabel was phenomenal at my wedding and during my trial. She took my idea and upped it so that I was literally the most exquisite bride ever. She took my feedback and direction from the trial in mind on my big day and kept me calm throughout the whole thing. I could not recommend Isabel enough!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2017

I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with Isabel. Through every step - email correspondence, the trial, contract signing, wedding day - she was so wonderful to work with. She was always so easy to talk to, very professional, knowledgeable, and she pulled off EXACTLY what I wanted even though I couldn't even describe it very well and didn't even have an exact picture of what I wanted. I was very wishy washy with what I thought I wanted and we did a completely different style at the trial, but she answered all my questions and helped me finally make up my mind on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Isabel to any bride and bridal party.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Leslie, thank you so much for the wonderful review :) I hope you and Anthony are well!

Christine · Married on 10/07/2017

Isabel was fantastic. She was able to translate my complicate hairpiece into my hair ideas on the spot and was a pleasure to chat with on such a special day. I would book her again in a heartbeat and recommend her to anyone reading this! She did beautiful work on my hair and that of my wedding gang too. Really loved the experience and loved her too!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Christine, thank you for the great review :) I hope you're having a wonderful 2018 so far!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/01/2017

Isabel was by far my favorite vendor to work with throughout my entire wedding process. From start to finish Isabel answered all of my (many, many, many) questions promptly, provided creative suggestions in regards to my bridal hair style, and maintained a warm and professional demeanor. It was truly a pleasure to include Isabel on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Total Babe Hair 27
    Total Babe Hair 28
    Total Babe Hair 29

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Olivia, thank you for the lovely review, and including these great pictures :) I hope you and Jason are having a fabulous 2018 so far!

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Isabel is truly AMAZING at what she does! I could not picture my hair any better! She was able to create a style that fit my vision perfectly and all the bridesmaids loved how their hair turned out! The morning of the wedding went so smoothly and according to the schedule, it was perfect! I danced all night long, and my hair stayed perfect the entire time! Thanks Isabel!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Lauren, thank you so much for the lovely review :) I hope you and Ben are well!

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2017

Stop looking for a hair stylist and book Isabel ASAP. She is seriously amazing. What I really appreciated was the amount of time she spent on the trial run. Yes it does cost extra, but it was so worth it. I was undecided what I wanted but brought some inspiration pics. She took the time to try a couple styles out and tweaking it until I loved it! She really worked with me by creating aspects of different hair styles to get my overall look. What I appreciated most was her honesty. She told me what would stay and probably not stay with my hair and was really helpful with conveying this to my bridesmaids. The day of the wedding went so smooth, While it did seem like the hair was a long timeline, my photographer told me horror stories of weddings getting so behind from beauty. She buffered in the perfect amount of time, we finished with 15 minutes to spare and everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. She worked with me to recreate the trial run but tweaked a couple things so that my hair would stay longer. Also, all the bridesmaids loved their hair too which is a big plus! She was great to work with, so pleasant and fun to talk to!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Total Babe Hair 30
    Total Babe Hair 31
    Total Babe Hair 32

Total Babe Hair's reply:

Hi Victoria, thank you so much for the lovely review, and including these great pictures! I hope you and Will are well :)