37 Reviews for Total Babe Hair

On-Site Hair (12)
Consultations (7)
Licensed (5)
Blowouts (3)

Isabel Duarte of Total Babe Hair is a magical hair wizard who will make you look and feel like the absolute best version of yourself on your wedding day. Isabel and I first did a vintage-inspired updo at my trial and while it looked GORGEOUS (I got SO many compliments from strangers and friends), I decided I wanted to go with a vintage half-up, old Hollywood glam style instead. I typically would have been nervous to not do a trial of the hair-do, but I knew I was in the best hands with Isabel and they absolutely knocked it out of the park on our wedding day. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and stayed looking perfect all day and night - the style stayed so pretty that I didn't want to take it down when all was said and done at 2:30am! And it photographed beautifully, too. In addition to my 'do, Isabel was able to assist last minute with some light styling of my wife's super short hair. The expert styling totally elevated my gorgeous wife's look and made her feel polished and stunning. Not to mention, Isabel is just the best person and a joy to be around. If you want a gorgeous style from a wonderful person who will make you feel special and look like a dream, I cannot urge you more strongly to book with Total Babe Hair.

Profile Picture Melissa , 12/31/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Licensed, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Isabel is just simply amazing. She did My hair and bridesmaids hair and I’ve never got so many compliments on how beautiful our hair was. I cannot thank her enough for making me look beautiful on my special day. She is such a sweet, friendly, professional, hardworking person! I’m so glad I was able to work with her and will definitely recommend her to anybody

Profile Picture Brittany , 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

After a terrible hair trial with another vendor, Isabel came to my rescue! She listens so carefully to what you’re interested in doing for your wedding day hair, asks great questions and works her magic to come up with unbelievably beautiful styles. I could not have been happier with what she did for my wedding day updo. She is incredibly talented — book her for your wedding today!!!

Profile Picture Julia , 11/3/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

I can't sing Isabel's praises enough! She was such a joy to work with. From just the initial email contact she provided me with very thorough outline of services including a tentative timeline for our hair services on the day of -- very professional and responsive! Meeting her in person for my hair trial sealed the deal --- not only did she do an amazing job on my hair (taking very fine, straight hair and making it look like I had a ton of hair!!) she's also fun to be around. And on the day of she fit right in with my bridal party, plus her assistant was a lot of fun too. They got us all done in time and everyone looked gorgeous. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Laurie, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with Isabel. Through every step - email correspondence, the trial, contract signing, wedding day - she was so wonderful to work with. She was always so easy to talk to, very professional, knowledgeable, and she pulled off EXACTLY what I wanted even though I couldn't even describe it very well and didn't even have an exact picture of what I wanted. I was very wishy washy with what I thought I wanted and we did a completely different style at the trial, but she answered all my questions and helped me finally make up my mind on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Isabel to any bride and bridal party.

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel was fantastic. She was able to translate my complicate hairpiece into my hair ideas on the spot and was a pleasure to chat with on such a special day. I would book her again in a heartbeat and recommend her to anyone reading this! She did beautiful work on my hair and that of my wedding gang too. Really loved the experience and loved her too!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel was by far my favorite vendor to work with throughout my entire wedding process. From start to finish Isabel answered all of my (many, many, many) questions promptly, provided creative suggestions in regards to my bridal hair style, and maintained a warm and professional demeanor. It was truly a pleasure to include Isabel on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel is truly AMAZING at what she does! I could not picture my hair any better! She was able to create a style that fit my vision perfectly and all the bridesmaids loved how their hair turned out! The morning of the wedding went so smoothly and according to the schedule, it was perfect! I danced all night long, and my hair stayed perfect the entire time! Thanks Isabel!!

Profile Picture Lauren , 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel was fantastic to work with. Super professional, responsive and talented. You will not regret working with her. Thank you for making me feel and look pretty.

Profile Picture Rosh, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Isabel was absolutely amazing! I had my trial before I knew exactly what I wanted. Isabel listened carefully and did what I asked- but it wasn't exactly what I wanted (since I hadn't been sure myself!). Over the months between my trial and the wedding, Isabel and I went back and forth with photos so we could hone in on exactly what I wanted. She was quick to respond and confident that on the day we'd get it right! She didn't suggest a second trial. And she was right! On the day she effortlessly executed exactly what I had imagined for my low, off-center, classic style. She and I also worked through a schedule for all of the other bridesmaids. On the wedding day she kept to time and was even able to effortlessly adapt as things changed with the makeup schedule. She was also a really fun and calming force in the room for the morning of getting ready! :) I would DEFINITELY recommend Isabel to my engaged friends!!

Profile Picture Emma, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Licensed

Isabel was wonderful! A pleasure to talk to and work with, very accommodating, and she did a great job on all of our hair (of varying lengths and textures)!

Profile Picture Aviva, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Isabel was absolutely AMAZING to work with! She is extremely skilled at her craft, from scheduling large bridal parties within a short wedding day timeline to creating stunning looks for all hair types. From the first few emails we exchanged to schedule my bridal trial appointment, Isabel provided recommendations on shops near me to check for extensions, reviewed inspirational photos, and outlined a draft schedule and quote for all the bridesmaids and family members (9 total) getting their hair done. She even followed up a few days after the trial to check on how my hair held up throughout the night and whether I had any feedback before the big day. In the days leading up to the wedding, Isabel reached out with a detailed email to ensure all the girls picked out style options and wore the appropriate outfits not to ruin their hair when getting dressed. On the day of the wedding, Isabel arrived early and powered through everyone's hair styles, even making accommodations when girls changed their mind. We were all so pleased with the outcomes and my hair lasted throughout the night without a single issue! Isabel is beyond sweet, organized, and extremely talented - would recommend her to any bride to be!

Profile Picture Sahara, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair

Isabel is amazing. The MOST important thing from any stylist is communication and she's great with that. We did a trial with a hair style that ultimately didn't fit my taste, but she was able to create the vision I had in mind the day of the wedding anyway. I was also late the morning of the wedding, but she was prepared and ready to start on a different bridesmaid. My hair was still flawless by the end of the night !

Profile Picture Eva, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair

Isabel was wonderful! She was very careful to listen to exactly what I asked for, and at my bridal trial she nailed my dream look right away, then perfectly replicated it for the wedding. All the bridesmaids loved working with her, their hair was gorgeous and lasted from early in the morning until late at night, and she was also very friendly and flexible. One bridesmaid had felt very strongly she wanted to do her own hair, and when she asked Isabel for help at the last minute, Isabel was able to work with us to fit her in the schedule. Also I should add, then when you and your bridesmaids are getting ready for hours on end, you want someone who is friendly and adds to the fun! Isabel was professional but very sweet and just a pleasure to have around. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Ann, 6/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was very happy with Total Babe Hair and Isabel. She did such a great job at our consultation and I booked her right away. I gave her some changes I wanted and she noted them for my wedding day hair. She was timely and talented. My other hair stylist for the wedding was very far behind and Isabel fit in another bridesmaid so we were able to get to the venue around the right time. She really saved the day! My hair was gorgeous all day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

She is SO SO SO AWESOME. Isabel is such a sweet person and such a professional at what she does! Isabel was kind enough to allow me to do my hair trial with her twice because although the hair style was beautiful I wanted to try something different. I have to say I was pretty picky and stubborn with what I wanted and Isabel was able to perfect what I wanted! Even I wasn't even sure what I wanted.. I just knew I wanted my hair to have a lot of volume and make my face small.

On the day of the wedding, she came early and started work right away. All of the bridesmaids were in love with their hair and raved about how nice she was! So not only did she accomadate me but she accomadated everyone else!

She even worked with our make up artist to see who goes next and who should wait so no one is wasting time.

Thank you sooo much Isabel!!! You were amazing to work with!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel is amazing! Quick to respond. Always as nice as she can be. Very flexible and easy to talk to. For my hair trial for my wedding she did exactly what I told her to do, but it ended up not being exactly what I wanted. The day of the wedding she changed some things around and I LOVED my hair!! I got so many compliments that night. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture paige, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel is awesome! She did a great job with my hair along with my 5 bridesmaids. She was very accommodating with one of my bridesmaids who was wearing a wig. I would highly recommend her services. :)

Profile Picture Christine, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Isabel is phenomenal!!! Do not hesitate!!! Call her ASAP and schedule a hair trial!!!! Isabel is a brilliant, creative, and talented stylist. She is able to create any style-- she will match your expectations perfectly. My hair looked a million times better than I could have ever imagined. Also, Isabel is so warm, kind, and easy to work with. I felt like I was just hanging out with a close girlfriend, and then voila...stunning hair!!!! It was like magic!!! AND, Isabel is the most professional vendor I have ever worked with. She will respond to your emails promptly, address your questions/concerns thoroughly, and keep you on schedule. It was pouring outside on my wedding day, but Isabel still arrived early after navigating terrible traffic, horrendous weather, and a challenging parking situation in DC. Isabel's services are a steal. Other stylists in the DC area were double her rates, and I can't imagine they are as talented and lovely as she is. Hire Isabel!!! She will not disappoint.

Profile Picture S, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I'm so thankful and grateful that Isabel and her assistant Jackie were able to do my & my bridesmaid's hair for my wedding day last month. She understood my vision instantly, the day-of hairstyle was just as great as the trial we had, and the style lasted all night. Together they knocked out like 7 hairstyles in just a few hours, and all my bridesmaids were happy! Highly recommend working with Isabel at Total Babe Hair!!

Profile Picture courtney, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Licensed

Isabel was great to work with! My hair looked beautiful after my trial and on my wedding day- and stayed intact despite crazy winds! Not only did the bridal party's hair look great, it felt like having another friend to talk with as we got ready that morning.

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/22/16, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

Isabel is FABULOUS! I booked her for myself and a bridesmaid for my 10/16/16 wedding, and knew from the moment we started my trial that she was the one for me. She is personable, easy to talk with, receptive to requests for edits to the hairstyle, and insistent that perfection is the only acceptable result. I feel confident that if I hadn't been completely satisfied, she would have done whatever was necessary to make my wedding hairstyle perfect. She is also one of the most affordable vendors in the area. If I have any other big events in my future, I will not hesitate to book Isabel again.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Licensed, Updos/Styling

Isabel is so wonderful and knew exactly how to achieve the look I wanted. She was so kind and flexible with my needs and did an absolutely amazing job on my hair. My guests would not stop commenting on how beautiful my hair was and it stood in place all day through all the crazy dancing in the outdoor humid weather! Isabel is extremely professional and would whole heartedly recommend her to any bride to be :)

Profile Picture Joo, 9/18/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

Isabel did my wedding hair, along with my 4 bridesmaids, MOB, MOG, and sister of the groom. I loved my hair-it fit my personality, venue, and dress so well. What I loved most the day of is that Isabel did 4 unique style for my bridesmaids. My only request was that they had updos because it was August, but she captured their personalities so well and they all looked gorgeous. She was a pleasure to work with and kept me relaxed with funny stories as we were getting ready. She was professional and kept us on track to be ready, which was important to me. My bridesmaids loved her and I would recommend her to any brides in the DMV area.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/13/16, 6 Reviews