Tom Nicol Photography Reviews

78 | Geneva, IL

78 Reviews for Tom Nicol Photography

Jillian · Married on 11/16/2013

Tom was fantastic to work with from start to finish! My husband and I could not be happier with the finished product. My husband is actually a photographer and videographer, so choosing someone for our wedding was no walk in the park! In the end, we were both beyond thrilled with Tom's pricing, professionalism and of course the final prints!

It did rain on our wedding day, but Tom managed to work through that complication without any additional pressure put on us or our guests. He spent all night on the dance floor capturing some of the best moments of the night, and we received multiple compliments from family and guests on his professionalism and work throughout the evening.

You would be silly not to choose Tom for your wedding or other important upcoming event! You will definitely be more than satisfied with the outcome! Thank you Tom for so perfectly capturing the emotion, excitment and beauty of our special day! --- Jillian and Matt Love

Sent on 12/09/2013

Beth · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I just received our photos from the wedding and could not be more pleased with how they turned out. Tom actually had to travel a few hours to get to our wedding venue but was there from the morning through the reception with us. He was super easy to work with and caught some amazing moments we will treasure. One of the nicest things about Tom is that you get all the rights to your photos so you can print out whatever you want. Would definitely recommend Tom to a friend.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Tom · Married on 08/17/2013

We are ecstatic about our experience with Tom.

The candid and posed photos truly captured the joy that we all shared at our wedding. He seemed to be present everywhere without being intrusive in any way. Tom grabbed pictures that were only available for fleeting seconds--children dancing, people laughing, tears, smiles and hugs.

Tom understood our wedding and what we wanted after just a couple of chats. He made a plan to record the event and had the flexibility to respond to things as they happened on the wedding day. The event was outdoors on a sunny day and provided challenges for appropriate exposures and posing that used available light. The final pictures show Tom's attention to detail and eye for excellent composition.

He was very responsive to e-mail. We both live far away from the wedding site so we worked out all of the details remotely and over e-mail. When the plan didn't work out the way that we all thought it would, Tom just adjusted what he had planned to do.

Thanks, Tom!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Only have good things to say about Tom Nicol We won a free engagement session from him at the Eaglebrook CC Taste Testing, and the photos he captured were priceless! I asked for his advice on where to have our pictures taken and he recommended Leroy Oaks in Saint Charles- what a beautiful place, and he took full advantage of all the natural elements Leroy Oaks has to offer! Tom is great at responding quickly to calls/emails and he is very flexible. I could not believe how fast he got our pictures available to view online! Would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Tom did a fabulous job for us at my daughter's wedding here at the house. He was low key but everywhere, and we have beautiful pictures! I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Andrea · Married on 02/09/2013

We absolutely LOVE Tom. He is flexible, affordable and goes above and beyond. He even got us a few previews the day after our wedding. Our engagement photos were great-he was able to capture the life of hte party and listened to what was important to my husband and me. He started at 930am and went until 11:30pm and was a great sport in the freezing cold. I highly recommend Tom!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Kelli · Married on 01/12/2013

Tom did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding. All the pictures were exactly what I wanted. He was great at communicating through email. This is especially helpful because I had booked him about a year in advance. The early part of the day of the wedding was chaos. When Tom showed up (early!) I didn't have to tell him to do much; he went ahead and took beautiful pictures of the bouquets and my dress while I ran around getting ready. They turned out wonderful. He was extremely nice and a pleasure to work with. The greatest aspect of hiring Tom was that we received the rights to the photos along with a CD of them all. This one on thing that set him apart from the other photographers I was looking at. Not only did we get copies of the pictures but he also sent us a wedding photo book with 100 pictures that we chose. We absolutely loved how it turned out. He is a remarkable wedding photographer!!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Sarah · Married on 12/12/2012

Our engagement and wedding photos from Tom were absolutely AMAZING!!! I cant rave enough about how happy we are with all of our photos. From the very beginning, Tom was easy to work with, had wonderful ideas for picture locations, poses, etc., and we never felt rushed working with him. Our engagement shoot lasted well over 2 hours and the only reason it wasnt longer was because the sun went down. I was very nervous about how our engagement photos would turn out because I had braces on for them. Tom assured me that they would still look wonderful and he was completely right- you cant even tell I have them on!!

The day of our wedding, Tom was early (huge plus) and got every photograph we could imagine!! He was extremely professional and braced the 40 degree Dec weather to get the perfect outdoor shots. After seeing our photos, it is going to be so difficult choosing what images to hang throughout our house because they all turned out well. Even during our "viewing party", all of our friends and family commented on how exquisite our photos looked. As a bride, I couldn't be any happier and would recommend Tom to anyone looking for a photographer!!!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Beth · Married on 12/12/2012

Tom did an amazing job photographing our daughter's wedding. I loved the engagement photos he had done of them and was really looking forward to seeing how he would photograph the wedding. He has a knack of not only documenting the events of the day but the ability to capture the emotion of the moment as well. He was very professional, moved about without being seen and saw opportunities for images I would never have thought of. Great job!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Natalie · Married on 11/10/2012

My husband and I are so happy that we chose to work with Tom for our wedding day photography! When we first met Tom, we knew we had found the right fit for us. We had a great time working with (and getting to know) Tom during our engagement session at Fabyan Forest Preserve on a slightly chilly but beautiful spring Saturday morning and loved the outcome. Tom really captured our love for the Chicago Bears and each other! On our wedding day, Tom was already at Prairie Landing ready to work when the girls and I arrived. He really captured the beauty and joy of the ceremony and the fun of the reception... He even got a picture of our Rainbow!! Tom is definitely the right choice when it comes to wedding photography!! He not only met our expectations but exceeded every single one of them! A million Thanks to Tom Nicol!!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Natalie · Married on 11/03/2012

I honestly could not say enough wonderful things about Tom Nichol. His dedication, patience, and creativity gave my husband and I the most beautiful way to remember our special day, through his spectacular pictures. We were never the kind of people who love to have our pictures taken,but after working with Tom on our engagement pictures, we felt so comfortable we knew we had chosen the perfect photographer. He is talented as well as unobtrusive, and during the entire wedding we never had to worry about our guests' experience being ruined by a pushy, "in your face" photographer. I received numerous compliments on Tom's professionalism both during and after the ceremony, and that was before seeing his magnificent work. My pictures are breathtaking! Let me say it again, amazing! Both engagement and wedding photos exceeded any and all expectations. As for value Tom cannot be beat. I worked in the sales industry for over ten years and I know value when I see it. Not only are Tom's prices extremely reasonable, he is upfront and consistent. There were no unpleasant surprise charges that some brides encounter. I have known many brides that paid double what we paid and their photos do not compare. On the opposite end I know couples that spent just a little less than we did and the photos had no excitement and looked canned. It took me so long to write this review because it's truly hard to put into words how much it meant o us to have Tom there for our special day. The best part, besides our big day, is being able to relive our wedding anytime we want by looking at our special pictures hitch we will cherish for a lifetime! I can't express enough how pleased we are with not only his service but the finished product. Best decision hands down! Thank you Tom! We are recommending you to everyone!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Josie · Married on 10/06/2012

We found Tom based on a friend's recommendation, and we couldn't have been happier with the results. He includes an engagement photo session in the package, so that he can get a feel for each unique couple and form a personal relationship. The day of the wedding, he got all the right candids without drawing any attention whatsoever, and he stayed until the very last song was over.
    We live overseas, so communication could have been an issue, but he was very responsive, flexible, and understanding. The photos are beautiful, and I can't look at them enough!

Sent on 11/26/2012
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 09/22/2012

I cannot say enough about Toms value and abilities as a photographer. He was so easily accessible prior to answer all of my questions, and provided me with everything I wanted. His composition and ability to capture a moment is amazing. I would recommend him to anyone. One look at his work and you'll be hooked.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Tom was very flexible the entire day/night of our wedding. He took some very beautiful pictures!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Katherine · Married on 08/11/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Tom as our photographer. He perfectly captured our wedding day and also made it a fun experience. Weddings can be stressful and crazy, but I had absolutely no worries with the photography. He made it a blast for everyone involved and it turned out beautifully.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Tori · Married on 08/04/2012

Tom was excellent. I could not have asked for better pictures of our wedding and an amazing engagement session to boot! Very flexible Tom was willing to travel to our any and all of our desired locations and was very attentive to our questions and emails leading up to and the day of. Offering great advice about day of timeframe his attention to detail was spot on.
    We had some unfortunate weather on our big day but Tom did not bat an eye he was on top of the last minute changes and worked with us getting extra indoor shots and when the weather gods blessed us with a break in the storm he was right there to help us get some of the best shots in the shortened time frame getting all my requested pics and more. The short video he put up of our pictures was way better than a videographer and a product that my family continues to ask to view. I could not have asked for a better experience.
    I advise all brides to have a list of people they want photos of instead of poses and Tom will make sure that the photo is at the perfect time and setting. Attentive service, quality product, friendly and flexible and very affordable, Tom Nicol’s photography is a service I would recommend to friends, family and more!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Anne · Married on 06/29/2012

Tom Nicol is the best photographer for many reasons not just the awesome pictures he took of my daughter and her fiance for their engagement photos. He was easy to get a hold of, always returned our emails timely!! The engagement pictures are beautiful all different poses and backgrounds. The pictures were available for us to look at almost right away!!! His prices are also very reasonable. He is very personable and open for suggestions if you want a certain pose!! I would highly recommend Tom Nicol and your wedding day will be photographed beautifully!!!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Jason · Married on 05/05/2012

Tom was fabulous to work with - from start to finish. He agreed to meet us before signing the contract, and he did so by meeting us close to home. He was very quick to respond to questions, and he made sure we received the package/services that we needed. On the day itself, he was very prompt, friendly, and was very comfortable to work with. He made everyone feel at ease, which is key to making sure that the pictures turn out great, which they did. Overall, Tom made the entire photography process from planning to delivery an exceptional experience. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Cindy · Married on 03/31/2012

Tom's photos are stunning, he captured the most beautiful parts of my daughter's day. He was a joy to work with.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Katy · Married on 03/31/2012

Tom did an INCREDIBLE job! We just got our wedding album and it is stunning... his professionalism and manner was amazing. Definitly would hire him again :)

Sent on 06/07/2012

Lindsey · Married on 09/10/2011

Tom Nicol was absolutely wonderful! All the pictures he took were gorgeous. I couldn't believe how quickly he got our engagement and wedding photos back to us. It was so relaxing working with him and he made the day even more special. He captured every moment and told a beautiful story of our wedding with his photographs

Sent on 11/16/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/13/2011

Tom photographed my wedding this past August. I was extremely pleased with Tom's responsiveness (before and after the wedding), his experience and his attention to detail. He was very professional and took incredible pictures. He captured exactly how I would describe my wedding through the photographs. We received great value and service throughout. I was amazed at how fast he put up our pictures into his online gallery...very pleased and would highly recommend Tom.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Lindsey · Married on 07/30/2011

Tom Nicol Photography is excellent! He is such a great photographer and it's evident that he takes great pride in his work. He made us feel very comfortable and took some amazing shots of our surprise wedding. I was very pleasantly surprised when I received the photos and saw all the great candids he took of the day and how well the posed shots turned out. He really has an eye for photography.
    Our photo package was also a great deal and a big selling point for us! He provided so much at a great price.
    I love looking at my pictures and it brings me back to my wedding day every time I see them.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Debbie · Married on 04/09/2011

Tom Nicol’s photography is more than taking photos. He has an eye and instinct to capture those special moments in time in a photo. My wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking.
    There are moments he caught that I don’t remember and there are others that brought joyful tears to my eyes. My friends and relatives who have viewed the photos are absolutely amazed at the beautiful pictures. Tom has a great personality, is wonderful to work with and his skill in photography is superb.
    I highly recommend Tom Nicol for taking your photo’s, not only for your wedding day, but for any special occasion. Thanks Tom, for capturing my Fairy Tale Wedding Day.

"ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER"!! THANKS TOM!

Sent on 04/27/2011

Sue · Married on 06/19/2010

Tom was excellent. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out beautiful. I was greatly impressed by the fact that he was able to have our pictures ready within a week. We were also able to view our pictures on his website and I loved how he had a slideshow with music in the background. I definately would recommend him to all my friends and family. The price was also excellent, we saved over $1,000.00.

Sent on 10/24/2010