Tom Nicol Photography Reviews

78 | Geneva, IL

78 Reviews for Tom Nicol Photography

Julie · Married on 06/04/2016

Our Engagement photos by Tom were great, we loved them! His professionalism and creativity really showed throughout our engagement session and pictures. He was very flexible with my busy schedule and worked around finding a good time for me to take my engagement photo session. We were extremely impressed with Tom's passion for photography and also his creativity, it really showed in the pictures. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

You cannot find a better photographer than Tom Nicol!!! His pricing is very competitive, and the quality of his work is EXCEPTIONAL! I heard SEVERAL comments from people about how amazing our pictures turned out!!! They were blown away!! One woman told us she had never seen better wedding pictures!!!

Tom very obviously LOVES what he does and it shows forth in his work and the time he is willing to invest with you! Unlike other photographers who try to nickel and dime you, Tom has one flat rate that covers the wedding photography AND includes the engagement session--an added bonus! Within a very short period of time, he begins posting pictures on Facebook! That was such a pleasant surprise because at first I expected to wait a very long time to see our photos. The entire album was sent to us to view only 2 1/2 weeks after our wedding!! Tom gives you the right to the photos so that you can have them printed anywhere you choose instead of having to purchase them for outrageous prices online.

In addition to his excellent work and competitive pricing, Tom has such a pleasant, friendly personality; my husband and I knew he was the photographer we wanted to hire the very first time we met him. I cannot recommend Tom highly enough! You will NOT be disappointed in hiring him as your photographer!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

Tom was the absolute BEST choice for our wedding day. His packages were the best bundles and most reasonable prices we found. He was so professional and made our day truly special. We couldn't have been happier with how all the images came out, we will definitely cherish these memories forever!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Kristina · Married on 03/05/2016

My husband and I had such a great experience with Tom! From his very reasonable pricing to his professionalism we could not imagine our Wedding without him. He was very flexible and traveled with us to several venues throughout our day. Tom was very easy to work with and we have beautiful memories because of him!

Sent on 06/09/2016

My husband and I had our engagement photos as well as our wedding done through Tom---and we couldn't be more thrilled!! We are not the type who enjoy getting our pictures taken, but Tom made us feel totally at ease during our sessions. Every picture is terrific! Tom captured the feel and the mood of our special day perfectly, I cannot possibly give a higher recommendation for a wedding photographer. Aside from the amazing photos we received, is that Tom is such a nice person! He is fun and wonderful to work with; we found him to be helpful yet unobtrusive at the event and he was so patient with everyone. Our day could not have turned out anymore perfect; we had beautiful weather for the end of February and was able to take all our pictures outdoors! Tom did such a beautiful job I honestly can't say enough good things about him! Thank you, Tom, for capturing this day for us so well; these are pictures that we can and will always treasure.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Dina · Married on 01/16/2016

We planned our wedding on a shorter timeline and I did a lot of research looking for a photographer. Tom did a fantastic job! When I first contacted him, he was detailed and provided some great things to consider for the photography on our special day. At the wedding, he captured many moments that were very special. He was very professional and everyone really liked him. When we received the pictures--it was so great to see pictures that bring back all the emotion and fun of the day. I really am happy with the pictures and really appreciate all his hard work! So glad I chose Tom for our special day!

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • Kasie

Kasie · Married on 01/09/2016

My husband and I are not the type who enjoy getting our pictures taken, but Tom made us feel totally at ease during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. He got all the pictures I asked for and even some that I didn't even think to ask for. He was able to catch so many wonderful moments of our special day that it helps us relive it. These pictures are truly special and we will treasure them forever. What I loved most about Tom is that he isn't pushy or in your face, and didn't make us do anything cheesy. He definitely made it pain free for us and that's what we were hoping for. I keep looking through my photos and can't possibly choose a favorite because I love them all!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Jeanne · Married on 10/31/2015

We just received the photos of our wedding today---and couldn't be more thrilled. Each one is terrific--Tom captured the feel and the mood of our special day perfectly and the photos are beautiful. I cannot possibly give a higher recommendation for a wedding photographer. Another big factor is that Tom is such a nice person; he is kind and wonderful to work with; we found him to be truthful in his dealings and totally helpful yet unobtrusive at the event. I felt like I had a friend taking our photos. We had planned a lot of outdoor images and it poured on our wedding day, yet Tom still managed to get in a lot of wonderful shots and we don't really miss all the outdoor ones as a result. Thank you, Tom, for capturing this day for us so well; we will always treasure these pictures.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/17/2015

Tom is the best! He was so fun to work with and created such beautiful pictures/memories!! We could not have asked for a better photographer or nicer person to take our pictures on our wedding day!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Tom's photos are simply amazing! He shot our engagement and wedding. We felt extremely comfortable working with him on our special days; most of the time we rarely even knew he was there. We received the photos after only a couple of weeks. I was blow away by the way he captured exactly who we are and the perfect moments. I can't wait to put the pictures all over our house!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Kyle · Married on 08/15/2015

We could not have been happier with the services Tom provided. His photos looked amazing and he got them to us very quickly after the wedding! We met beforehand to go over some photos we needed/wanted, but after looking through some of his samples we could tell he had a good eye for what would make a meaningful wedding photo! We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2015

We just got our pictures back from our wedding today, less than 2 weeks since our big day and I cannot stop looking at them! Tom did such an amazing job capturing how happy we were. He is very professional, and quick to respond whenever you have any questions. I cannot say enough about his creativity and how happy we are with using Tom for our photography!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Caitlyn · Married on 06/06/2015

Tom is absolutely amazing at what he does!! He worked with us, and got all the pictures I had asked plus more! He was flexible, and easy to work with. I LOVE LOVE the pictures, I couldnt have asked for better, I have gotten so many complements. Thank you so much Tom!! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer to capture their special day.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Tom is an amazing, Talented photographer! Our wedding pictures are beautiful, and we are very pleased with his work. Tom is extremely professional, and responds to emails very promptly. He is also very open and flexible to make the pictures personalized, which is always appreciated. Tom gives 110% when he works, and this shows in his pictures. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Nina · Married on 12/13/2014

There are not enough words to describe how great Tom and his work are. Tom has a natural eye for great shots. He captured my guest, my husband and I perfectly, We are a quirky bunch!!! I loved each photo more than the last. Not only did he take great pictures, he gave us suggestions on poses and also stayed longer to get all the pictures we wanted in. Everyone that has seen my wedding photos has said how great they are and my family and guess felt comfortable being in them. Tom definitely exceeded my expectations with not only the quality of his work but with his responsiveness not only to myself but answering my families questions as well.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Sarah · Married on 11/08/2014

Tom was so great! We really appreciated how he consulted with us on what locations to choose for our outdoor wedding photos. He was very flexible as we were changing the plan around a bit the day of the wedding and he also was great with all our family photos, even though we did these outside in the cold with a large group an hour before sunset.... Overall we couldn't have been happier with our choice for a photographer. Our wedding photos were available quickly (we got the teasers while on our honeymoon!) and they are so beautiful. We have received so many compliments on the photos as well as on how unobtrusive Tom was, yet he captured the entire day perfectly. Thanks Tom!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Lilliana · Married on 09/06/2014

We hired Tom Nichol as our wedding photographer and his services more than exceeded our expectations. Searching for a photographer was time consuming and not an easy decision simply because there are many wedding photographers in the Chicagoland area to choose from. When we came across Tom at the Geneva Wedding Walk we felt very comfortable speaking with him and was impressed with his work he had on display.
    We had Tom for the entire day for our wedding. He was on time, very professional, a tireless worker as he was constantly taking photos during the course of the day up to the very end of the reception.
    We received many compliments from our family and friends when we displayed our wedding photos online. We had an overwhelming number of great photos to choose from for our wedding album which was a challenging (and good) task to have.
    Tom has a great artistic eye and with his enthusiasm and passion towards his work it's not surprising why he very good at what he does.
    My husband and I highly recommend Tom and we feel fortunate that we made the right decision to hire him as our photographer.
    We wish Tom all the best in the future of his photography business.
    Lilliana and Gary. Married September 6, 2014

Sent on 11/23/2014

Erica · Married on 08/09/2014

Tom did an excellent job for our very informal wedding. We emphasized that we wanted mostly candid photos - capturing people's conversations and eye contact with one another. He was always looking, preparing for the moments when no one was watching. When someone's giggle turned into a laugh, when a hug became an embrace. He saw these moments at our wedding; between my husband and I, and between our family members. There are pictures of moments that only those in the photo will remember, and cherish.

Tom captured the memories of our wedding day, superbly.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Tom Nicol did an excellent job on both our wedding pictures and engagement pictures. He was very professional and our pictures are amazing. Tom was great to work with! Our photos were done in a timely manner and he captured the whole day from getting ready , the ceremony, and the reception. I would highly recommend Tom Nicol Photograpy!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Tom was an incredible photographer. He was there on time and did a wonderful job of capturing our day. It has been so much fun to go back and look at our pictures.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Tom was wonderful to work with. He was willing to work around my crazy work schedule to make our meetings, engagement pictures, and wedding day pictures happened. I am not photogenic, and really had no clue what I wanted in pictures, and he was very insightful and full of ideas.

Also, I really wanted to have a lot of pictures of my family (I have a HUGE family) included in our wedding day. We took many group shots, and he remained patient and flexible through the whole process.

He did such a wonderful job capturing those candid moments.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Michele and Kerry · Married on 07/04/2014

Tom was Fabulous to work with! Very accommodating and helpful. We had a possibility of a slight glitch of changing our date (due to the holdiay. Tom was willing to work with us and even give us our deposit back if it didn't work out. You don't see that type of professionalism/understanding theses days. Well, It ended up going as planned and worked out PERFECTLY!
    GORGEOUS DAY! WONDERFUL PICTURES! WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND. He worked out for us perfectly!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Daiana · Married on 07/04/2014

Tom was the best photographer we could have dreamed of for our wedding. He accomodated our crazy schedule and offered valuable feedback and advice. His extensive experience and talent resulted in countless treasured memories from our special day. I give Tom my highest recommendation and strongly suggest that you contact him to help capture your celebration!

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • User4542007 · 2+ years ago

Tom did an awesome job capturing all the special moments on our wedding day. We were blown away with the quality of our pictures and professionalism that Tom portrayed. We get nothing but compliments from our family and friends about how beautiful our pictures look. I think the best part of working with Tom was the type of person he is. Although our wedding wasn't until 4:30pm, he was willing to meet our bridesmaids early in the morning at the salon without hesitation. He went above and beyond what he needed to do to make sure our wedding day was the most important day of our lives. I would recommend Tom Nicol to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer.

A phenomenal photographer, but an even better person!

Thanks Tom!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Blaine · Married on 12/27/2013

Tom was absolutely fantastic. I had previously met Tom when our paths crossed several times at various events around Chicago, so I was familiar with his work. I knew that he was the best choice to photograph our wedding. And I was right. From our engagement session until the end of the reception, Tom was nothing but professional. His pictures are gorgeous and well composed. At the reception, he seemed to always be at the right place at the right time. We are extremely happy with the work he did, as I knew we would be.

Tom worked very hard to ensure that we were happy with everything, and we really appreciate the hard work that he put in. We very highly recommend Tom.

Sent on 01/30/2014