Tom Nicol Photography Reviews

78 | Geneva, IL

78 Reviews for Tom Nicol Photography

Alana Herbrand · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Tom is the best!

Tom was amazing to work with! He went above and beyond in every way. We are so grateful he is who we chose for our photographs. Our wedding day was super rainy and cold, and he was still able to make our photographs beautiful works of art that we know we will cherish forever. We love them and have gotten amazing commentary from everyone we have shown our photos to! You will not regret working with Tom!!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Kristina Roesch · Married on 11/09/2019

Tom was amazing and everything about our day was perfect with him!

Tom was wonderful! So accommodating and our photos came out amazing! He did such a great job, he was there for every perfect moment on our wedding day and he captured every perfect moment! He also did our family photos which came out amazing too!! We would highly recommend him and will use him again in the future for our yearly family photos!! Thanks Tom for being such a big part of our day and being such a great photographer!!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Michele Ledebuhr · Married on 07/13/2019

Great pictures!

Tom was great to work with. He did a great job capturing our special day. He took lots of pictures, which were absolutely stunning. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Wheeler · Married on 06/29/2019

Great Value, Great Pictures

My husband and I really enjoyed having Tom share in our special day in June. We enjoyed his company very much and Tom was willing to go above and beyond to get the right shot at the right angle for us. He literally walked through fire and ice for us as out engagement shoot was outdoors in February and our wedding was outdoors on a 90 degree morning! Tom Nicol photography also offers great value for great pictures; many other photography services offer a set amount of time at a set price, then require you to purchase additional time and add ons (thumb drives, photo books, etc.) ala carte which can add up quickly. For a reasonable price, we got GORGEOUS pictures of both an engagement shoot and our wedding, a photo book, online gallery with printing rights and a thumb drive. I am really looking forward to working with Tom in the future for other memorable occasions.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Courtney · Married on 06/22/2019

Blown away!!

Tom did an AMAZING job as the photographer for my wedding a few weeks ago. Several people at the wedding commented on how he "did not miss a beat" and that definitely shows in the pictures... he really did capture everything. He is very personable, kind and takes his work seriously. It was a pleasure to work with him and I can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • O

Omar Razvi · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic Photographer!

Tom did a fantastic job as our wedding photographer! He spent the entire wedding day with us to get pictures of every detail, and he was very patient with our crazy family members.
    He knew the location very well; so he was able to take beautiful pictures inside, outside, daytime, and nighttime.
    He returned the pictures very quickly and was kind to us throughout the process.
    We can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Liz Horonzy · Married on 02/23/2019

Stunning photos!

Tom was wonderful to work with. We are so happy we chose him to photograph our wedding. The photos are stunning! His attention to detail is amazing and he is so kind and easy going. We could not be happier...highly recommend!

Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Sullivan · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Tom is absolutely the best! He is local to the Geneva area and knows all the best spots for engagement and pre wedding photos. We went with his suggestion for me to get ready at the Herrington Inn and Spa and it was a stunning place right on the Fox River and the photos taken there were gorgeous. He has a great working relationships with other vendors which was fantastic to see with how he and our videographer worked together. He is willing to get down on the ground to get different angles and was great at directing us when need be to get the right shot. All our engagement photos were beautiful but we were beyond impressed with the photos from the wedding. We love love love them all and don't know how we will we choose which we order for our memory book or to have as prints to hang on the walls of our new home. He also made a slide show using our first dance song and I tear up every time I watch it because it is so beautiful. We weren't expecting the slide show so it was such a lovely surprise. We just can't say enough good things about Tom's work and how much fun it was to work with him on our special day.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Melinda · Married on 10/05/2018

Tom is fantastic!! He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding, and they are absolutely breathtaking. He truly has an eye for great shots and is very knowledgeable of the surrounding Chicagoland area for really cool photos.

Whether you have specific pictures in mind or need help thinking of things, he's extremely flexible in that regard. I had a few things I wanted specifically but he managed to give us some cute ideas (Husband stealing a donut from the treats table before the wedding? So fun!)

Not only did he work to help accommodate our budget, but he stayed a little late for some last minute family photos my mom wanted. Also, he stood out in pouring rain to get the COOLEST shot of me and my husband.

If you want photos you can look back on and be so proud of, this is your guy. Thanks again for everything Tom!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Tom Nicol Photography's reply:

Thank you very much Melinda, for your kind words and especially for taking the time to write them. I know you're busy, and it means a lot to me. I enjoyed my time with you and Luke very much. Tom...

Lorna · Married on 07/21/2018

Tom is wonderful! The angles, lighting, and perspective that he takes are just perfect. He did our engagement and wedding photos and we could truly feel the emotions that we felt on those days through our photos. Love being able to relive it all. Tom is exceptionally responsive, accommodating, and upfront with everything. We plan to recommend him to everyone we know. Thank you, Tom!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2018

Tom did both our engagement pictures and wedding photos and he did an absolute wonderful job. Tom was very easy to connect with and he is very patient! He did an amazing job getting all the different pictures that we wanted with having 250 people on the big day. So grateful that we found Tom!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Victoria · Married on 04/27/2018

Tom is, hands down, the BEST photographer! He was always quick to get back to us, flexible with out schedules and knew exactly how to capture our special day! We are so pleased with all of our engagement and wedding pictures :) We would definitely recommend ten times over!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Maddie · Married on 03/03/2018

There is too much to say in just one review. Tom was absolutely wonderful and we would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the St. Charles/Geneva area. Our day was made so special because of him and we have perfect, lasting pictures to remember it by!

Looking back on the day, I would say the most important vendor is your photographer. This is the vendor who will have the most contact with you, your wedding party, family, and friends. After the day is done, the thing you remember it by is your pictures. It is not someone you want to choose lightly!

To give a few examples of how great Tom Nicol Photography is...

Tom was there for the entire day. And because of that, he captured everything - it feels like we are re-living our wedding day when we look back on all the pictures! It also showed he genuinely cared about you as his client!

He is a very skilled photographer. We received a wide range of photos on our day - the "intagram worthy" pictures, traditional pictures, candid pictures, party pictures, and ceremony pictures. He knew how to position everyone to get a great shot, work with the weather (we had a very sunny and windy day), and which pictures were the best to capture - even when we were not present or busy (like during the ceremony).

Finally, we found that some wedding vendors ran like a business and lacked that personal connection. Tom, however, greeted us with hugs on the morning of our wedding, stayed until the end of the night, offered advice in planning, and overall was a great addition to have with us on our wedding day!

Thank you, Tom!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Annie · Married on 02/24/2018

We can not say enough good things about Tom! We had such an amazing experience throughout the entire process, from our first consultation to the wedding day. Tom was an absolute JOY to work with. He was friendly, helpful, professional, punctual, and fun every step of the way. He is just such a kind person with a true gift. Tom captured so many special moments we will treasure forever, and we will forever be grateful for all he did to capture the best day of our lives.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

When it came to wedding planning, photography was one of the checklist items that I cared most about, but that I felt was the hardest to select a vendor for. There are so many options to choose from, and price ranges can vary greatly for seemingly no reason at all. Tom was our choice for photographer first and foremost because you can tell upon meeting him he is one of the nicest, most genuine people. He is accommodating, and cares solely about working with your schedule to make sure planning is not a hindrance to you. He takes his job seriously, and came so well prepared to our first meeting that we had no doubt he would be the perfect photographer for us. AND, not to mention, he is one of the highest quality, most reasonably priced photographers out there. His pictures are gorgeous, and he has SUCH an attention to detail that, when I flip through our photos, I can instantly put myself back in the moments of our day. He also spent way more hours with us during the day than what was initially talked about, and he went above and beyond to accomplish all of the 'shot list items' I had sent him beforehand. All in all, Tom was truly a spectacular vendor to have participate in our day. We weren't the only ones who thought so, as our other vendors raved about how nice he was, how professional he was, and most importantly, how beautiful his photos are. We lucked out finding such an affordable, yet world class photographer for our day, and he comes highly recommended from my husband and me!!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Jeff · Married on 11/11/2017

Tom was incredible! After checking out Tom’s portfolio, we fell in love with his style and how he used nature and other surroundings in his shots. After booking Tom, we setup an initial meeting to discuss the wedding plans and so he could understand more about what we were looking for. We really loved how personal he made the whole experience. He took the time to get to know us as people and really took the time to plan out and personalize our day. Tom included a complementary engagement session, which we chose to do at the Morton Arboretum. Pictures were great! Rain did not stop Tom from producing amazing pictures. For our wedding day, Tom arrived early to capture the bridal party getting ready, pictures of the rings, flowers, etc. He worked quick and smooth and was very easy going and adjusted to every situation. He stayed until the very end of our wedding, and was able to capture our entire night. He worked so hard and put in an extremely long day, and he maintained such a calm, cool, and sweet attitude the entire time. The final wedding pictures were breathtaking!!! I am really not one to like pictures of myself. He put together a slideshow to our first dance song, and both my wife and I teared up. I have watched that slideshow over and over and still can’t get enough. He truly captured the entire day! What was also great to see, is he really got around to all the tables and caught pictures of people my wife and I weren’t able to spend a lot of time with during the wedding. That really meant a lot to us. I cannot say enough great things about Tom, you certainly will not be disappointed! We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

Tom is great! We had him for our engagement and wedding photos. He is easy to talk to about what you are looking for but also has great ideas of his own. Whenever we had questions he was quick to respond and was very professional. Our pictures turned out amazing. We are so glad someone recommended him to us! We couldn't thank you enough Tom!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

Tom was amazing!! He made our engagement shoot seamless. We picked the coldest day to take them outside. But once we saw the end results the pictures where beautiful and definitely worth it. We truly could not of been any happier with the pictures. Tom really took the time to get to know us and what we where looking to capture. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Victoria · Married on 07/01/2017

Tom is fantastic! I contacted Tom over a year from our wedding date. He met me at a coffeeshop to have a conversation about my vision and what I was looking for in a photographer. We had two ceremonies, a reception, and two separate photo locations planned for the same day, so I needed someone willing to accommodate a long day of logistics. Tom was SO attentive, encouraging, and knowledgeable about what was possible. From our initial meeting through booking through the following year of planning, he kept in touch via email to ensure plans for the day of. We booked Tom for an unlimited hour package for less than $3000--this does not compare to so many other vendors with very limited hour packages and high prices. He also secured a second photographer for an hour of additional photos at a third location at a great price within the final cost. Tom was so accommodating and captured every moment and location. I valued his suggestions and help with making the day move along smoothly. He captured beautiful photos, and I'm so happy with them. You will not regret working with Tom for your special day!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

Tom was an absolute dream to work with! He is extremely kind, patient, and passionate about photography! We chose Tom as our wedding photographer and also to take our save the date photos. Tom spent several hours walking around Chicago with us for our save the date photos, and they turned out amazing! He had a lot of great ideas and suggestions that came across beautifully in our photos. He was very responsive with any questions we had, and his calm personality was extremely helpful during planning. The week leading up to our wedding we were told it was 100% chance of rain and he texted us ideas for unique weatherproof photo spots in Chicago! He also surprised me on our wedding day and came extra early to take photos of my bridesmaids and I getting ready at the salon which turned out beautiful! Luckily the rain stopped during our trolley ride throughout Chicago and Tom went above and beyond to get the perfect shot! Our wedding photos are absolutely amazing and we received so many compliments on how nice Tom was the day of our wedding. We would definitely reach out to Tom again with any photography needs!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2016

Tom has given us such beautiful photos to remember our wedding day. He definitely loves what he does, and it shows in the time he takes with you from the very beginning of the process. He is very kind, calm, professional, and I cannot imagine choosing anyone else as my wedding photographer. He is timely in responding to questions and had some great ideas for pictures that felt very natural, which was important to my husband and me. We were unable to schedule an engagement session - due to personal reasons on my part; Tom was very flexible, it just didn't pan out timewise - so the wedding day was literally the first time he'd taken pictures of us, and it all went off without a hitch. You will absolutely love working with Tom!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Anne · Married on 09/03/2016

I want to start out by saying I am only giving Tom a 5.0/5.0 rating because it is not possible to give extra stars. He has truly blown my husband and I away with how talented he is. My husband and I recently got married on 09/03/2016. We booked Tom for our engagement photo session and was so happy with our photos we asked him to do our wedding. Unfortunately, he had already been booked so we were forced to go elsewhere for our wedding photographer. We ended up with a photographer from George Street (a fancy photography business). These people were not only not as professional and easy to work with as Tom was but our photos also didn't turn out as outstanding as they had when we had booked Tom. Last minute, we came to Tom begging him to find time for us to book an outdoor wedding photo-shoot. Tom not only came through for us in booking something last minute so we could get fall pictures, but all the pictures came through beautifully. My husband and I both agree that even the best photo we got from our day-of wedding photographers didn't even come close to the quality of the ones Tom took for us. He really does have a vision he brings to life and he's also a fun guy to work with. I would definitely advise anyone looking for a photographer to use Tom. He offers great deals for amazing photos.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

Tom was fantastic. My husband and I lived far in the beginning of working with him and he was so willing to accommodate our location needs for our engagement shoot. Both our engagement and wedding pictures came out so beautiful. We received so many compliments from out friends and family on our photos. Tom was the hardest working person at our wedding. He was there the entire day and got a lot of candid photos that really brings the day back when looking at them. His price is extremely reasonable and well worth it for his work! He was also extremely prompt with emails/phone calls which is very helpful while planning a wedding and trying to coordinate with many vendors.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Taylor · Married on 07/23/2016

Tom did a fantastic job for our wedding. He was professional and really cared about what my husband and I were looking for. Tom was with us from the very beginning of the day until the very end, however was rarely noticed by guests or the wedding party. Our family and friends (along with us) were very impressed with the quality of the pictures and his sharing those via social media for all to see. We would highly recommend him to others for their wedding and engagement photos. Thanks again Tom!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Jill · Married on 06/25/2016

We cannot recommend Tom enough! We just got our wedding pictures back and let me tell you they are absolutely STUNNING!! I am so thankful that someone recommended Tom for photography!!! We could not have chosen a better person! His creativity and photographs are absolutely incredible!!!! We have so many pictures to choose from for engagement pictures and wedding pictures! We cannot wait to work with Tom again in the future!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2016