Toiyabe Golf Club Reviews

31 | Washoe Valley, NV

31 Reviews for Toiyabe Golf Club

Danelle · Married on 03/11/2017

Denise is the absolute BEST! She is the reason we ended up booking the venue and I feel truly blessed that she was there to make our day so amazing.

Brit and Jeff · Married on 02/18/2017

Denise and her Staff are AMAZING. They made everything perfect for my wedding and I couldn't have been happier. The location and venue are breathtaking, especially in winter, and the price point was perfect for us since it included LOCATION, STAFF, COORDINATION, FOOD, BAR & SETUP. It's beyond worth it. Combine that with Justin Thistle for DJ (separate vendor), and Liz at Celadon Events for Decor (separate vendor) and you have a day that you will enjoy thoroughly, and look back on fondly the rest of your lives. Also, they were our catering and bar, and the food and drink was EXCELLENT. People are still telling my husband and I how much they enjoyed the food (apps and dinner). Toiyabe is open to the public for lunch and dinner at a great price, I strongly recommend people go eat there for lunch and check the place out.

Cory · Married on 10/22/2016

Toiyabe better known as Thunder Canyon, was awesome! Denise is great and went over and beyond what I was expecting. The ceremony and reception was perfect and couldn't have been better. Denise remembered little things that were big for me like that I liked the steak and extra marmalade stuff on top, she remembered that my wife didn't like onions, and she brought me a Guinness right after we got married which is my favorite beer and I wasn't expecting that. When I said thank you and how did you know that?! She said " I just remembered what you like." Now even if she took notes that's still pretty special. Everything about the day and evening was exceptional. 12 out of 10 Rating!! :)

Alyzabeth · Married on 10/14/2016

On the day of our wedding we woke up to Washoe Valley on fire. We didn't know what we were going to do. Toiyabe had never had this happen before which made us nervous because that meant there was no back up plan. Well after a few hours of being on the phone with Denise and other vendors Denise called me and told me I had some options of where we could have the wedding. It just so happened she was friends with Dayton Valley Golf Course, not only did we have a venue to get married at, Denise and Toiyabe staff made our day so special even though we weren't at her venue, she still showed up and helped calm my nerves and set up our wedding. They were there for us every step of the way. I would highly recommend Toiyabe Golf Course to any one!

Monica · Married on 09/17/2016

Book your wedding here! You will not be disappointed with anything. They were amazing to work with and made the whole wedding process so easy. Very affordable and flexible as well. We wouldn't have survived with out Denise at Toiyabe, she is an angel.

Moniquia · Married on 09/10/2016

We had a great party...everyone that was there really enjoyed themselves. Thought the food was excellent. Thank you so much for making my 60th wonderful.

Leah · Married on 09/04/2016

Denise and Ashley were wonderful! They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. They had everthing running on time and took extra special care to make sure my husband and I were well taken care of! Denise had drinks and snacks waiting in our cart on the way to take pictures! Little special touches that made everything run smoothly and made it a magical event!

Lee Ann · Married on 07/02/2016

The setting is absolutely gorgeous! The value for food and venue was great. Denise & her staff did EVERYTHING! We didn't have to worry about setting anything up or taking anything down! They did the decorations just as we asked and then some, everything looked beautiful. Denise always was quick to respond with answers to any questions. Our daughter got married 7/2/16 and couldn't have asked for a better place. And they were very accommodating.

Matthew · Married on 05/10/2016

Thunder Canyon was amazing for a multitude of reasons. We were struggling to find a venue we both liked when we were encouraged to visit by family members. The scenery is beautiful, the grounds and buildings are immaculate, and the staff is incredibly friendly. We had the pleasure of working with Denise leading up to, and during, the wedding. Denise was incredibly thoughtful, easy to plan with, and very knowledgeable. The rest of the staff helped at every opportunity going above and beyond throughout the process. The food was fantastic, it's been a month and we're still hearing how great the food was. All in all, we couldn't have asked/hoped for a better experience. If you're looking for a venue, look no further, Thunder Canyon will provide you with memories you'll cherish for a lifetime. We're so grateful to everyone involved for their patience, kindness, and helpfulness. Thank you so much Thunder Canyon!

We had our perfect wedding at Thunder Canyon. If we had to do it all over again we would not change a thing. Denise and her staff were incredibly helpful every step of the way.

Tara · Married on 10/24/2015

We held our wedding and reception and Thunder Canyon and everything was perfect. Thunder Canyon offers many options for food, drinks, and reception types. We went with an “All – Inclusive” option and that made the wedding day less hectic not worrying about invoices and head-counts. Denise was fantastic to work with and provided a lot of good insight and recommendations. Everything was well organized and ran seamlessly. Thank you!

I am getting married here in August and I am so excited!! The venue is soo gorgeous, the food is beyond amazing but the BEST part about thunder Canyon is Denise Sullivan! She had helped with so much to make my big day beyond perfect! Denise is incredibly skilled at what she does and she responds to my calls and emails immediately every time I have a question! I can't wait too marry the love of my life and Thanks to Denise, I know it'll be a beautiful stress free day!!

Kiley · Married on 08/08/2015

Denise and Ashley were wonderful! I was not the easiest bride to deal with and they quickly responded to my many emails. The day of the wedding, I had not a worry in the world. They took care of everything!!!!

Alexandria · Married on 08/01/2015

Denise and the staff were absolutely amazing! We loved our day!

Kate · Married on 07/18/2015

The planners here are amazing. Ashley and Denise were so fun and flexible to deal with, also very helpful!! Beautiful golf course and wonderful venue.

Cassie · Married on 05/23/2015

This venue was absolutely stunning and Denise was AMAZING! Everything was exactly how I've imagined and nothing could have gone more perfect! Except for the pouring rain, Denise was very quick to email me the morning of to move everything inside and everything went off without a hitch. The pictures you'll get at this venue are the absolute best!i would definitely recommend this venue to someone looking to have everything in one place, the food was to die for.

Thunder Canyon was great! Denise is the BEST! From the first time we met with her she made it all seem like a piece of cake! She was amazing! The whole day was beautiful! Her staff was great! They set up everything and it was perfect! I can't imagine my wedding anywhere else!

Jodee · Married on 10/11/2014

Denise was an amazing planner and organizer. She made my wedding smooth and stress free. She and her team set up everything exactly how I asked. The ceremony & the reception were beautiful, fun, and perfect. The meals were delicious!

• Lara

Lara · Married on 10/03/2014

Where do I begin? The staff at Thunder Canyon, especially Denise Sullivan were amazing. More than amazing. For me, the hardest part about planning my wedding was the fact my husband-to-be is a wildland firefighter and he was MIA for most of the planning. In fact, he was fighting fires 5 days before our wedding. When I first met with Denise at Thunder Canyon I was overwhelmed with wedding details, since my in-laws live on the east coast, and my family is in Reno. I had to have met with Denise half a dozen time in the months leading up to the wedding and she was patient each and every time. All of the food options I tried were all amazing and it was hard to choose from! The chef even came out at one of our final food tastings and offered to basically cook anything we asked for. I do recommend having hair and makeup come to the venue on your wedding day as there is a large locker room to get ready in and its one less detail to figure out. The different areas of the property for photos are all breathtaking and beautiful. I would highly recommend Thunder Canyon to any bride-to-be.

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/17/2013

This venue is outstanding! Denise and her team provide the best event experience for a bride. I was the calmest bride thanks to Denise. She recommends fabulous vendors that you know you can trust. Everything was perfect on my wedding day thanks to Denise and Thunder Canyon!

From the first meeting to our event Thunder Canyon was so helpful, they were able to make my ideas a reality. Our Wedding turned out Great!! Thank you Thunder Canyon!

Ginnie · Married on 01/12/2013

My husband and I had our wedding at Thunder Canyon in January 2013 and extremely happy with our day! It was the perfect venue for a winter wedding with the snowy mountains in the backdrop and numerous areas to take photos – in and out of the cold.
    Denise and the team went out of their way to accommodate our special requests, from putting up fairy lights, a wire for our piniata cake, to the chef adapting my favorite cheesecake recipe to serve for dessert.
    The transition from the indoor wedding to set up for the reception went seamlessly and was very quick and dinner was served promptly. We didn’t feel rushed in our time frame on the day or during set up or our rehearsal. Having Denise there on the day in the background making sure everything went smoothly eased a lot of my stress. Our guests raved about the food and drinks to the point of wanting to go back to eat again at the restaurant.
    Thank you Thunder Canyon for an amazing wedding experience! I’ve been recommending you to anyone I know who is getting married!

Travis · Married on 02/20/2016

My wife and I had the extreme pleasure of working with Denise. She was nothing short of perfect and amazing. She really helped us with making the major decisions while keeping the price down. She was always there when we had questions. She made the whole process easy and took care of so much. This was the first venue we looked at. While leaving we both said to each other, "this is the place." Thank you for a beautiful setting and memories.

Thunder Canyon was amazing! The venue was beautiful, the food was good and Denise was so helpful through all the planning of our wedding!