Toiyabe Golf Club Reviews

Toiyabe Golf Club 7
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Boldry · Getting married on 05/31/2020

Absolutely fantastic

My fiancé and I have only met with Sabrina at Toiyabe twice so far and she has been absolutely amazing to us! She is already making us feel so comfortable. It has definitely taken a lot of stress off of us

Sent on 08/05/2019

Lindsey,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I look forward to working with you side by side. Please keep me posted on your wedding. again thank you for your review.

Caitlin · Married on 06/22/2019

The Perfect Day

Toiyabe was the perfect venue for celebrating my wedding day! The staff was amazing and very professional from start to finish. Sabrina is a wonderful coordinator and made sure we felt comfortable the entire time we were planning our big day. The venue is gorgeous and made for some amazing pictures too. I would recommend anyone looking for a beautiful day all around to book at this venue.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Caitlin,
    Thank you for your kind words. Should there ever be anything that I can do for you just ask.
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 05/18/2019

Sabrina is the BEST!

Sabrina was great to work with and kept my husband and I on top of things. Her team made sure everything was in place and ready to go on the day of our event! So glad we chose Toiyabe!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Toiyabe Golf Club 8
    Toiyabe Golf Club 9
    Toiyabe Golf Club 10
    Toiyabe Golf Club 11

Erika Cowger · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful, Scenic and Perfect Wedding Reception

Our wedding dinner here at Toiyabe was the most perfect day from start to finish. Sabrina was always available to answer questions, she entertained all of our many ideas and played them out for us. Peyton was wonderful to work with as well. This golf club is so absolutely gorgeous. The whole venue is yours when you do a wedding - the dance floor with the fireplace on one end and the picturesque Sierras on the other end, the panoramic windows that allow you to take in the whole view, the wrap around porch, EVERYTHING was lovely!!! We found this place for our wedding when we came here to golf one day and I am so glad we did. It is one of the most beautiful venues in the Reno/Tahoe area. You are crazy if you are planning a wedding in this area and do not check out this tucked away yet accessible location. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Everyone raved about the venue. Our dinner was absolutely delicious too- we went all out with steak and lobster for our small group- the steak was like butter 🤤 omg I wish we could have that again and the lobster tail was perfectly steamed. Our day changed a lot from the initial plans and Toiyabe worked with us every step of the way. Thank you!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Toiyabe Golf Club 12

Toiyabe Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review and being such great clients to work with! Your wedding was spectacular and we wish you all the best in your future together!
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful Team!

I couldn't have asked for a better team and location than Toiyabe Golf Club to host our special day.
    She were so professional, responsive and flexible when it came to any questions and ideas that I had. Excellent recommendations from the staff to help the wedding planning along. I cannot thank Toiyabe Golf Club enough!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Toiyabe Golf Club 13
    Toiyabe Golf Club 14
    Toiyabe Golf Club 15
    Toiyabe Golf Club 16

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

I just had the best wedding I could have ever imaged at Toiyabe Golf Club! Kristine and Sabrina were the best! I started the process with Sabrina and she was so helpful! She helped me answer any of those tough questions that are asked at the beginning. When Kristine stepped in she didn't miss a step! We talked a handful of times and when I told her I was going to go have brunch at the golf course with some friends she arranged for us to go look at possible photo areas around the course for my wedding day. I never had to worry about anything and that was the best feeling a bride could have. Even the day of the wedding we had to move the wedding inside because of weather and it was still the best day ever! I would highly recommend Toiyabe Golf Club to any couple that is looking for a beautiful place to get married and who wants to work with the best staff to make the process just so relaxed! If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a single thing about it!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Toiyabe Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Katie, we thoroughly enjoyed your special day and appreciate your patience and flexibility with the weather. You were wonderful and we wish you all the best!

Danelle · Married on 03/11/2017

Denise is the absolute BEST! She is the reason we ended up booking the venue and I feel truly blessed that she was there to make our day so amazing.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Brit and Jeff · Married on 02/18/2017

Denise and her Staff are AMAZING. They made everything perfect for my wedding and I couldn't have been happier. The location and venue are breathtaking, especially in winter, and the price point was perfect for us since it included LOCATION, STAFF, COORDINATION, FOOD, BAR & SETUP. It's beyond worth it. Combine that with Justin Thistle for DJ (separate vendor), and Liz at Celadon Events for Decor (separate vendor) and you have a day that you will enjoy thoroughly, and look back on fondly the rest of your lives. Also, they were our catering and bar, and the food and drink was EXCELLENT. People are still telling my husband and I how much they enjoyed the food (apps and dinner). Toiyabe is open to the public for lunch and dinner at a great price, I strongly recommend people go eat there for lunch and check the place out.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Cory · Married on 10/22/2016

Toiyabe better known as Thunder Canyon, was awesome! Denise is great and went over and beyond what I was expecting. The ceremony and reception was perfect and couldn't have been better. Denise remembered little things that were big for me like that I liked the steak and extra marmalade stuff on top, she remembered that my wife didn't like onions, and she brought me a Guinness right after we got married which is my favorite beer and I wasn't expecting that. When I said thank you and how did you know that?! She said " I just remembered what you like." Now even if she took notes that's still pretty special. Everything about the day and evening was exceptional. 12 out of 10 Rating!! :)

Sent on 10/27/2016

Alyzabeth · Married on 10/14/2016

On the day of our wedding we woke up to Washoe Valley on fire. We didn't know what we were going to do. Toiyabe had never had this happen before which made us nervous because that meant there was no back up plan. Well after a few hours of being on the phone with Denise and other vendors Denise called me and told me I had some options of where we could have the wedding. It just so happened she was friends with Dayton Valley Golf Course, not only did we have a venue to get married at, Denise and Toiyabe staff made our day so special even though we weren't at her venue, she still showed up and helped calm my nerves and set up our wedding. They were there for us every step of the way. I would highly recommend Toiyabe Golf Course to any one!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Monica · Married on 09/17/2016

Book your wedding here! You will not be disappointed with anything. They were amazing to work with and made the whole wedding process so easy. Very affordable and flexible as well. We wouldn't have survived with out Denise at Toiyabe, she is an angel.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Moniquia · Married on 09/10/2016

We had a great party...everyone that was there really enjoyed themselves. Thought the food was excellent. Thank you so much for making my 60th wonderful.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Leah · Married on 09/04/2016

Denise and Ashley were wonderful! They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. They had everthing running on time and took extra special care to make sure my husband and I were well taken care of! Denise had drinks and snacks waiting in our cart on the way to take pictures! Little special touches that made everything run smoothly and made it a magical event!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Lee Ann · Married on 07/02/2016

The setting is absolutely gorgeous! The value for food and venue was great. Denise & her staff did EVERYTHING! We didn't have to worry about setting anything up or taking anything down! They did the decorations just as we asked and then some, everything looked beautiful. Denise always was quick to respond with answers to any questions. Our daughter got married 7/2/16 and couldn't have asked for a better place. And they were very accommodating.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Matthew · Married on 05/10/2016

Thunder Canyon was amazing for a multitude of reasons. We were struggling to find a venue we both liked when we were encouraged to visit by family members. The scenery is beautiful, the grounds and buildings are immaculate, and the staff is incredibly friendly. We had the pleasure of working with Denise leading up to, and during, the wedding. Denise was incredibly thoughtful, easy to plan with, and very knowledgeable. The rest of the staff helped at every opportunity going above and beyond throughout the process. The food was fantastic, it's been a month and we're still hearing how great the food was. All in all, we couldn't have asked/hoped for a better experience. If you're looking for a venue, look no further, Thunder Canyon will provide you with memories you'll cherish for a lifetime. We're so grateful to everyone involved for their patience, kindness, and helpfulness. Thank you so much Thunder Canyon!

Sent on 05/05/2016

We had our perfect wedding at Thunder Canyon. If we had to do it all over again we would not change a thing. Denise and her staff were incredibly helpful every step of the way.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Tara · Married on 10/24/2015

We held our wedding and reception and Thunder Canyon and everything was perfect. Thunder Canyon offers many options for food, drinks, and reception types. We went with an “All – Inclusive” option and that made the wedding day less hectic not worrying about invoices and head-counts. Denise was fantastic to work with and provided a lot of good insight and recommendations. Everything was well organized and ran seamlessly. Thank you!

Sent on 12/21/2015

I am getting married here in August and I am so excited!! The venue is soo gorgeous, the food is beyond amazing but the BEST part about thunder Canyon is Denise Sullivan! She had helped with so much to make my big day beyond perfect! Denise is incredibly skilled at what she does and she responds to my calls and emails immediately every time I have a question! I can't wait too marry the love of my life and Thanks to Denise, I know it'll be a beautiful stress free day!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Kiley · Married on 08/08/2015

Denise and Ashley were wonderful! I was not the easiest bride to deal with and they quickly responded to my many emails. The day of the wedding, I had not a worry in the world. They took care of everything!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Alexandria · Married on 08/01/2015

Denise and the staff were absolutely amazing! We loved our day!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Kate · Married on 07/18/2015

The planners here are amazing. Ashley and Denise were so fun and flexible to deal with, also very helpful!! Beautiful golf course and wonderful venue.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Cassie · Married on 05/23/2015

This venue was absolutely stunning and Denise was AMAZING! Everything was exactly how I've imagined and nothing could have gone more perfect! Except for the pouring rain, Denise was very quick to email me the morning of to move everything inside and everything went off without a hitch. The pictures you'll get at this venue are the absolute best!i would definitely recommend this venue to someone looking to have everything in one place, the food was to die for.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Thunder Canyon was great! Denise is the BEST! From the first time we met with her she made it all seem like a piece of cake! She was amazing! The whole day was beautiful! Her staff was great! They set up everything and it was perfect! I can't imagine my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jodee · Married on 10/11/2014

Denise was an amazing planner and organizer. She made my wedding smooth and stress free. She and her team set up everything exactly how I asked. The ceremony & the reception were beautiful, fun, and perfect. The meals were delicious!

Sent on 10/18/2014