30 Reviews for To Your Taste Catering

Vegan (1)
Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
29 To Your Taste Catering Reviews

The food provided by To Your Taste was AMAZING!!! They easily accommodated our gluten free guest. Lacey and Diego were easy to work with (I was planning my son's wedding from out of state) and kept in touch with me during the entire planning process. During our taste testing, the owner even took the time to come and say hi and to be sure we were happy with all the plans. They both returned emails promptly and made the wedding a stress free and fun event for all. Diego had it all under control the day of the wedding and took a relatively blank space and made it into a fairy tale atmosphere for our bride. Amazing food....awesome people....I would use them again in a heart-beat!! The best!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were very happy with our experience working with TYT!! They were very responsive to requests and questions, and were very helpful working within our budget! We never felt pressured to add extra services and loved having the option to purchase and supply our own alcohol! We really appreciated being able to come in for a one on one tasting to know for sure how the food would taste! They helped us customize our menu to fulfill all our requests! The service at our wedding was WONDERFUL! We utilized the buffet format and were very impressed with the food, service, and staff who worked the event. We were very well taken care of on the day of our wedding and truly appreciated that the catering manager who brought us food and drinks through out the event so we had the chance to really enjoy all that we had to offer! Our thanks and appreciation for all they did to make our event personalized and a great success!!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/9/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Tastings, American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I knew the moment I met Cheryl that she was going to be great to work with. My husband and I had done extensive research and met with plenty of caterers, but Cheryl was the one that made us realize To Your Taste Catering was the best caterer for our wedding! Cheryl was incredibly responsive to my emails and any questions I had. My husband was VERY particular about what food was served at our wedding and we were really happy with the meals we chose. Plenty of our guests complimented the food and the service that was provided! Cheryl has several years of experience in the field which made planning our wedding a pleasant and easy experience. Cheryl made sure our evening went as planned as well as made sure we took time to sit down and eat our food (something that plenty of brides told me they forgot to do during their wedding)! I highly recommend To Your Taste Catering and the expertise you get from working with Cheryl.

Profile Picture Alana, 5/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian

I highly and enthusiastically recommend To Your Taste in Alexandria, VA. One of the things your wedding guests will remember is the food, and To Your Taste did not disappoint!

We initially went in for a consult and a tasting with Cheryl Connors. All of the food was excellent. The hard part was not selecting everything! Cheryl helped us create a menu that would be good for our budget but also mixed cultures of two very different families. Cheryl held two different tastings for us, making an extra one for when my mom was in town so she could be a part of this with us.

While our venue was over 90 miles away, Cheryl assured us she would make every effort to be in charge of our wedding that day. And she delivered! She was on site and we did not worry for anything. There were no awkward wait-times and no guest complaints. She made everything run smoothly and efficiently allowing us to just enjoy our time at our wedding.

BIG thanks for Cheryl Connors and Chef Leo making our wedding memorable.

Profile Picture Diego, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, BBQ, Latin American, Seafood, Spanish, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

The food was mouth watering. Their appetizers are some of the best we tried and we loved them. All the employees are very professional and helpful. The person in charge followed up with use throughout the ceremony to make sure we were happy and if we needed anything. It was great personalized service and they even had our own personal waiter to take care of us.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a great experience with Cheryl and To Your Taste Catering. She helped design a menu that would work for our style and budget, helped with the flow of events, and suggested helpful tips for setting up and decorating the venue. Every time we met with Cheryl, we felt more confident about the event going well. Our guests loved the food and the staff did a great job with every aspect of the set up, food service, and clean up. We would work with them again, for sure.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Southwestern, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres

Cheryl and her team at To Your Taste were the best! The food was wonderful, she worked with us to create the perfect menu and we had excellent service. Our guests raved about our food and we continue to get compliments to this day. Cheryl was familiar with our venue and she kept the cocktail hour and inner service running with our timeline. She coordinated with our DJ and made sure that all of our vendors were fed. We would definitely recommend working with To Your Taste and specifically Cheryl in the future!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

The whole reason I picked this company was because I met Cheryl Connors. The food was good during taste testing but she was incredible. Everything from responding to every small request I had to making sure I was eating and drinking enough water on my big day...she truly took care of me like I was family and that to me, is priceless. The wedding day is already exhausting. I had just finished cancer treatment and the last thing I needed was to worry about the whole day. She made that very simple for me. It was an overall good experience. People loved the food and I HIGHLY recommend the dessert samples that they offer. It is probably an after thought for most but they were a huge hit at my wedding. I literally had friends who sneaked them into their purses to take home. They were THAT good and very cheap! A cake would have racked up my bill way too much. I def recommend this place for great service!

Profile Picture Ash, 3/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American

Working with Cheryl and the To Your Taste team was a really great experience. Not only were they incredibly responsive and friendly to work with, they were also extremely professional and the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Latin American, Vegetarian

We are so glad we decided to go with To Your Taste to cater our wedding! They were amazing to work with, especially Cheryl . The food was delicious - exceeded my expectations - and we had a lot of foodie guests! 5 months later and people are still talking about how good it was. And day of, I was 100% comfortable leaving things in Cheryl's hands. When I got to the venue, they had water waiting for me, let me know how many of my guests had arrived, and after the ceremony they had appetizers waiting for me and my groom.

Just before the ceremony, Cheryl checked in with me to makes sure I didn't need anything and wish me luck. As I was walking away with my bridal party I heard her say "Okay, let's start pouring the waters, lets go guys!" and it made me feel so comfortable that she would take care of my guests. All I had to worry about was getting married and having a good time! Thank you so much to everyone at To Your Taste!

Profile Picture K, 10/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was so lucky to have To Your Taste Catering as my wedding caterer. Cheryl was so helpful from the beginning to end. She helped us to organize wedding itineraries and guided us with what we could do better for our guests. During the wedding, the staff served my guests with professionalism. Most of all, their food was EXCELLENT! Everyone loved the food. Especially, my husband loved the hanger steak with chimichurri sauce. My friends loved their mini crab cakes which was one of the hors d'oeuvre. We also appreciated their accommodation for our guests' food allergies. No nuts for my husband's family and no bell peppers & mushrooms for my sister-in-laws' family. Moreover, they kindly prepared and served special vegetarian meals for some of my guests. Throughout the wedding ceremony, reception, dinner, and rehearsal, we had a great time without worrying about food and drinks. We highly recommend To Your Taste Catering to anyone who is searching for their wedding caterer. Cheryl, you are the best! Thank you so much for your coordination and service!

Profile Picture Yeonhwa, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Cheryl and To Your Taste Catering SAVED my wedding! The best decision I made (besides marrying my husband) was to hire them for our catering. We were married at a venue in downtown DC. The location was beautiful, but the service we received from the staff was lacking. Our original plan was to go with the venue for our catering, since it was more cost-effective than bringing in an outside caterer. After our tasting, it became even more apparent we needed to find an outside caterer to take over the event. With less than 90 days until the big day, I started my search, and evaluated 5 different caterers. To Your Taste received the highest marks in pricing, menu flexibility, and most importantly, taste.

Cheryl has a fantastic "take charge" attitude, and never once disappointed us. She was always reachable by phone and email, and provided invaluable guidance through the entire experience. The food turned out amazing! They even did a Mac and Cheese bar during the cocktail hour that received rave reviews from our guests. Our guests also commented on the fantastic service they received from the bartenders - no one waited for a drink, and all of the staff were eager to serve. At one point, one of the bartenders briefly got out on the dance floor with some impressive moves, and my guests LOVED it!

I can not recommend To Your Taste Catering enough. 5 stars in all categories. They were the best vendor I hired, and on the day of, their service truly shined.

Profile Picture emilie, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, American, Cocktail Reception, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I cannot say enough good things about Cheryl and her team! In the lead up to the big day, she was willing to talk at any point to help us clarify what we wanted, and gave us excellent feedback about the best options for our venue, budget, taste, and general vision for our wedding. Everything was done perfectly, and completely without stress the day of. I would give more stars if I could!

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Cheryl and Leo both worked with us to create a menu that was not only budget friendly but it also reflected our cultures. All of our guest raved about the food and they still are to this day; it was the perfect blend of our cultures. The catering manager at our wedding was excellent keeping with the organization and timeline. I was very happy with the staff and the level of professionalism they provided to our guests. Overall this is a great business, with plenty of experience organizing catered events, and to top it off the food is fantastic!

Profile Picture Barbara, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, American, Caribbean, Spanish, Vegetarian

I cannot say enough about To Your Taste! Not only was the food delicious, but Cheryl became our invaluable guide and resource from the start. We absolutely could not have done it without her. She knows her stuff, to say the least! Thank you, Cheryl and To Your Taste, for making our wedding a dream!

Profile Picture Joelle, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Working with To Your Taste was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We really did our homework researching vendors and comparing service options, pricing, and quality and To Your Taste came out on top for everything. Cheryl was our event manager and was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. All the food was delicious, and Cheryl and our event staff went above and beyond to make our wedding special. I would highly recommend To Your Taste and Cheryl to anyone looking for a wedding caterer!

Profile Picture User4647196, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Although I have not yet had my wedding I have signed a contract to work with To Your Taste Catering and couldn't be happier. I have been to a tasting event and my official tasting for my wedding and I'm excited to have them cater my wedding. The food is amazing and the price is unbeatable. I did a lot of research and made a lot of phone calls trying to find the right caterer and one that wouldn't break the bank. It wasn't until I called To Your Taste and spoke with Cheryl that I felt like someone actually listened to me and asked questions to find out exactly what I wanted and was willing to try and come up with something of quality on my budget. She also helped me understand where the pricing was coming from and helped me come up with ideas to still get a great reception but more within my budget. Cheryl was amazing. She got me a proposal with in a few days that was within my budget and the options are amazing. I don't think my guests will think I didn't spend a fortune. After initially meeting with Cheryl and deciding on a basic plan she invited us for a tasting. The food is incredible. Again she worked with me to come up with ideas and as bride to be that doesn't have vision in mind her ability to help guide me through not just the food but the layout and timing was extremely helpful. I'm excited to work with Cheryl and To Your Taste Catering for my wedding day.

Profile Picture User4918057, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I'm so shocked that this amazing company doesn't have more reviews! I could not be happier with the service we received from TYTC! We got married in May 2015 (so sorry I'm late writing this review!) and we were completely blown out of the water. From the very beginning this company amazed me. I was finishing up school and the consultants would work around my schedule (sometimes very late at night after work) to ensure that I was completely satisfied with my menu! I can't even count the number of proposals I requested because I was on a very strict budget - but the team never complained! We looked at various caterers and nothing came close to the quality and the prices of TYTC! Our tasting was a full blown meal and then some! We got dessert we never asked to taste as well as take home bags so we could give our family a sneak peak of the food!

Once the day came closer we ended up working with Cheryl who is an absolute doll! She worked around our crazy schedule and made the time and the trip to meet us at our venue. She answered countless questions quickly and without complaint. Cheryl was seriously the icing on the cake! She personally made sure that everything went flawlessly and it absolutely did! I would very much recommend this company to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Cheryl & To Your Taste Catering were an absolute dream to work with and provided service above and beyond what we paid for.

The reception went smoothly and the food was great! The caterer made buffet-style lunch for 140 guests, 4 kinds of pie for dessert, and bartending the alcohol we provided. It was wonderful to have one point of contact for everything edible. We had incredible flexibility to choose our dishes and got to keep all the leftovers!

We didn't have a decorator or day of coordinator, and Cheryl did an incredible job helping us set up centerpieces, table signs, name cards, favors and the guest book at no extra cost.

TYTC made sure my groom & I got to eat the day of. When we entered the reception hall after taking pictures, we were immediately handed appetizers and our signature drink. We had a waiter bring us lunch so we didn't have to battle the buffet line and got to eat at our own wedding, and there was dinner packed for us to take on the road.

Cheryl did a good job keeping us within a reasonable budget, convinced us the coffee service was a waste of money, and had a lower tier option (but still presentable) for flatware and plates since we didn't want to spend tons on that. She did a great job advising the layout of our reception room and finding alternative food options for the picky pestering guests.

Responses were always prompt, and information was always retained. Unlike other vendors, I didn't have to rehash decisions we'd already made or stress about "tracking her down."

Great experience in the field, unflappable as things changed, and so fun to work with.

Profile Picture Marta, 3/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

To Your Taste was an excellent caterer to work with. We had a very casual standing cocktail-and-hors deouvres reception, and our guests loved the food.
Our catering cost was in-line with estimates that I received from other caterers before signing our contract. Shana made the entire event run smoothly, and was extremely responsive to our emails & questions. We were never made to feel like we "have to have" this or that pricey wedding thing, or that we were somehow doing our wedding wrong by doing X or by not having Y. Very accommodating and professional - would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture User4558543, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used To Your Taste Catering for both our Rehearsal Dinner and our wedding. We got married in the fall and were traveling Eastern Europe for the honeymoon and wanted to do an Octoberfesty menu for the rehearsal. To Taste made everything perfect. We did 2 separate tastings with them, and each was unique and delicious. We worked with Cheryl Conners who I can't say enough good things about. She was so organized and responsive and will put any bride at ease. The Rehearsal food was perfect, on time and ready to go when we got there. We also used them for staffing and apps at the wedding and when we arrived all the bars we set and they were ready with apps immediately even though people arrived 15 minutes early. I seriously didn't have to worry about a thing the day of. They are amazing and such a good value.

Profile Picture Megan, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Cheryl and Carole and their event staff team were absolutely fantastic. I got a million compliments on the quality and quantity of the food they provided for our wedding. They were dressed so professionally, had a server set aside just for the two of us, and were there at every turn of our head. We couldn't have asked for more and are so glad we chose them to handle our big day!!!

Profile Picture Annie, 10/4/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

I have been using TYTC to cater work events for several years, so when it came time to find a cater for our wedding, there was no question who we would be using! Their food is always amazing, and their staff is always on point. TYTC helped me plan and create a menu and theme that made our wedding! We are still getting compliments on the food!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Cheryl and her team of professionals were amazing to work with and helped make our wedding absolutely beautiful and perfect. The food was so delicious (which we knew since the tasting several months prior) and the crew was so friendly and attentive. Cheryl went above and beyond to help us get everything we wanted, she did more than we ever would've expected, and it was all just perfect. Thank you so much for everything!

Profile Picture Rosie, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews