Timeless Bride’s By The Loft Reviews

Timeless Bride’s By The Loft 5
Timeless Bride’s By The Loft 6
Timeless Bride’s By The Loft 7

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2013

Gina and her assistant were wonderful. My bridesmaids were happy with their hair and make-up, I loved my make-up. I wasn't looking for anything to "glammy" and she understood how to make everyone look and feel beautiful.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Gina did an outstanding job on getting my hair and makeup just how I wanted. Everyone kept saying how beautiful I looked. I was extremely pleased with her services!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Gina and her assistant were so sweet and calming the day of the wedding, we had a very large party and they got us all done and we looked great.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Angela · Married on 03/09/2013

I used Gina for my hair and makeup (the bride) and one of my bridesmaids. She was willing to change her schedule to accommodate my needs since I booked kind of late with no problem. She was at the hotel before I arrived ready to get to work. She did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup and I received many compliments throughout the day. I went blind without a trial or even meeting her beforehand due to the short timeframe. I sent Gina a picture that I saw for the hairstyle and she did an excellent job of replicating it. She maintained a good attitude when she was asked to move rooms in the middle of the service. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Timeless Bride’s By The Loft's reply:

Angela, Thank you so much for your sweet review! I loved that I was apart of your wedding day and you made a beautiful bride and I can't wait to see picture's. Gina
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 06/10/2012

Gina is a sweetheart, loved her since my hair trial. She did a wonderful job with my bridal party and mothers. It was a pleasure to have booked with her!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Timeless Bride’s By The Loft's reply:

Ana, Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you and your bridal party as well. I wish you all the best and many years of happiness! XO Gina

Jocelyn · Married on 04/28/2012

My experience was definitely wonderful! Having you come to my locations the day of my wedding took off so much stress, and your demeanor was so calm and in control, it felt good for me to just sit in the chair and relax. My bridesmaid updos were just what we wanted, and they looked and felt very glamorous. As for me, I simply loved what you did! My Hair was beautiful, and it lasted all day. Everyone said the flowers looked awesome, and the curls were so pretty! My entire experience with you was awesome, and we can’t wait to see you again for Christine’s wedding!
    Thanks!
    Jocelyn

Sent on 05/30/2012

nicole · Married on 03/17/2012

I was absolutely amazed with what Gina was able to do for my hair and my bridesmaids. I would not hesitate recommending her to anyone else. I was so pleased that she was a part of my wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/21/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/25/2010

Gina is exceptionally talented and loves what she does. She takes the time and effort as should anyone that is making you look fabulous and beautiful for your special day(: Please consider her for your next event whether it's a sweet sixteen or for your own wedding/bridal party! I loved how she did my hair as you will too!

Sent on 02/26/2012

Gina and her team were great! From my hair and makeup trials to the day of my wedding, everything was perfect! My hair and makeup was exactly what I wanted and stayed flawless all night.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Gina and her team were great. They were early, friendly, accommodating and great at what they did. As a bride, I gave Gina very little guidance, i never did a trial, and on the day of my wedding i brought two pictures of hair i liked, and said "make my eyes look good." With only those two pieces of information, she did an incredible job. My hair was amazing, and stayed all night. All of the bridesmaids looked incredible, and i have zero complaints. Would def recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Timeless Bride’s By The Loft 8
    Timeless Bride’s By The Loft 9

Melanie · Married on 05/25/2015

Gina did a fantastic job for my wedding on 5/25/15. She was on time and made myself, my mom, and my maid of honor look amazing. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Gina and her assistant arrived early in the morning to the hotel to do hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and 6 bridesmaids. Her timing was perfect- as we finished just at the time we needed to for photos. My MOH wasn't thrilled with how Gina's assistant did her hair but the situation was quickly rectified as she took it down and redid it another way that my MOH loved. I had never gotten airbrush makeup before but it stayed throughout the day and looked flawless in photos. Any questions I had or changes I wanted to make were met with an open mind and were taken care of so I felt perfect. I went on several different trials before deciding on Gina and I can tell you that you will not beat her for the price and quality!

Sent on 09/13/2012
  • User4871973 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Gina Marie and her team did hair and makeup for myself, my 8 bridesmaids, my mother, mother in law and flower girl, and everyone's hair and makeup was beautiful! We had an early morning (3:30am!) and Gina arrived on time, as well as her team. My hair and makeup came out perfectly and they were very open to opinions/changes/last minute touch ups. I had my hair down, and my curls lasted all day, night and even through the next day! I received so many compliments! It was great that Gina and her team came to us, it was very convenient.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

4.2
      2.0

Gina made me and my moh look absolutely stunning. All questions and inquiries were answered in a timely manner. She came to my home right on time with all her equipment the morning of my wedding, 5:40 am to be exact. I had to be ready by 9 am and she had to do my niece too. My hair and makeup were flawless. I never saw myself look so good . My moh got tons of compliments also. She looked stunning . She said her hair looked better than on her own wedding day. The only con was the pricing. I think we had a communication gap as I thought my final price would be a little lower. I didn't want to quibble on such an important occasion but next time I'll make sure I understand exactly what I'm paying. I would recommend Gina Marie to any woman who wants to look her best for any occasion. I forget to mention how calm and serene she is also. I think that's most important on a nerve wrecking day to start with. When my bridesmaid arrived at my house close to 9 am she couldn't believe the calm vibe in the house. Gina Marie is a gem!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Kristina · Married on 10/11/2014

3.0
      2.0
      1.5

Gina was recommended to me by a friend. When I called to set up a trial, she had informed that she was already booked. So, instead, she offered her partner, Barbara, for my wedding. After my trial, I booked with Barbara and we set a tentative time (early A.M.) to beautify me, my bridesmaids, and my mother. About a week before my wedding, Gina called to switch the schedule, stating that her wedding party would end earlier than expected and that she and Barbara would come together but at a later time (11 A.M. for a 2:30 P.M. departure). The day of the wedding, I received a phone call approximately a half hour before their expected time, saying they were running late. They did not show up until around 12 P.M. to do hair for seven people. It was quite stressful and rushed up until the end. Unfortunately, because of their late arrival, not all my bridesmaids/family were finished until it was time to leave. I missed out on opportunities to take my desired photos with my girls/family prior to the wedding. I honestly felt that Gina double booked her day and did not plan accordingly for travel and possible traffic incidents. The lack of professionalism and dependability was evident in this situation. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this company to my soon-to-be married friends because who needs the extra stress on their special day?

Sent on 12/10/2014

Timeless Bride’s By The Loft's reply:

My sincerest apologies. Next to my family, my business is one of my loves. I work extremely hard to try and please everyone. When brides booked with my company it’s a true honor! My company’s policy is booking one event at a time. I did inform you that I was previously booked and did offer you Barbara, and you did book her. However, two weeks before your wedding I did call you to tell you that my booking was only a bride and I would be available at 11 am, since I would be ending with her at 9 am. I gave you the option to change the time or keep the schedule, and you chose to change your schedule. If you didn’t want me to come you should have said no, and that you would like to just have Barbara and stick to the AM schedule. With that being said, I gave myself more than enough travel time to get from Coram to Flushing for 11 am. However, there was extreme monsoon like weather, flooding on every rd. that morning and it was bumper to bumper the entire way. I was trying to get there as soon as I can. I do recall I was not the only vendor that was a bit late. I know I apologized when I arrived at 11:45 am (2 hrs. 45 min.) for a 1.5 hour drive. I confirmed the finish time. You, said as long as everyone was done by 2:30 pm, its fine, and we made it happen. Again, my sincerest apologies that your cousin did not see you get into your dress or missed out on a few dressing photos, but I did give her a discount for going last. I don’t ever want to make anyone stress! It is my job to make you feel at ease! I do hope that you can accept my apology. As being a past bridesmaid from your friend’s wedding you do know if it is in my power I will be at the location early. Please know that being late is not how I intend to run my business. I do have to say that your hair came out phenomenal looking at your photos from your photographer. Besides having a bit of a chaotic morning I do hope your day turned out amazing! I wish you and your husband a happy and healthy life together!
  • Melissa

Melissa Brazeau · Married on 10/20/2018

Poor experience: Scheduling, Subcontractors, Refund Conditions

TLDR: Poor scheduling, unprofessional, hires subcontractors without knowing their quality, stingy with refunds for unusably poor work, and only gives refunds if you sign a contract stating that you will not write a negative review

I had an Extremely poor experience working with Glam Me Up Down the Aisle, specifically with Gina, the owner. This is the only negative review I am writing for my wedding - everyone else I worked with for our wedding was amazing. Four days before my wedding, Gina messaged to say that both the hair and makeup artist she had originally scheduled me with had an unexpected schedule change. She told me that she had booked artists (subcontracted) and “I do believe Melissa is going to be extremely happy with the outcome in the long run. As, I have worked with these artist's before and, know the work they do”.

Originally we had agreed upon 3 hours total for makeup and 3 hours and 15 minutes for hair for myself and 3 other people. When she informed me of the replacement with the subcontractors, she also changed the scheduled include only two hours to do both hair and makeup. Bridal hair time had been cut to only 30 minutes from an hour and make up time was 15 minutes shorter. I was obviously upset, especially since I had opted instead of buying a veil to do an elaborate crown braid with hair extensions. Since our time had been cut by a third, I asked if there would be a serious discount proportional to the cut in time. When you are paying $1044 total for services, you expect full services. She came back offering to knock off $25 dollars. This felt like a complete slap in the face. My wedding planner helped to find someone who could do my hair last minute (only person we could find available at such short notice), so I would at least have my dream hair for $300. When I asked Gina to discount me the $300 so I could still have my wedding hair the way I wanted it, she responded that the contractors could actually work with the schedule we had planned, and there was no need to cut services.

The morning of the wedding came, and thank goodness, the hair stylist she provided was able to do my hair beautifully. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the makeup. The eye shadow did not match the example (attached) at all, it was also poorly blended and went up instead of out. Spaced out uneven eyeliner, messy unbrushed brows, foundation was uneven and many shades too dark. Mascara was not well done and she kept getting it on my eye shadow. She offered to redo the makeup, but it was clear that she did not yet have the skill level for my bridal look. Luckily my Maid-of-honor came to the rescue, and between the two of us, we were able to fix everything with only running 15 minutes late for the first look.

While Gina had initially stated that she knew the subcontractors and was confident with their work, when I brought photos the terrible makeup job to her attention she said she thought they would be fine from their facebook page (which implied to me she had never worked with them). She offered a partial refund of my makeup (my hair and makeup total was $325 for myself, so half for makeup would be 162.50). Gina offered an $100 refund while complaining in her email that she was personally taking a loss on this. Worse, there was a stipulation to the refund: I would not be able to write a negative review, since we were not able to do a trial run (who has run for a trial run when given 3 days notice when travelling from California to Vermont?). Clearly, I did not sign the paper and will not be receiving a refund. I believe in accountability in business and wanted this review out there.

I understand that things can go wrong - schedules and subcontractors included. However, Gina was given several opportunities to solve these problems in a professional manner, and I was completely unsatisfied with how she handled these situations.

Sent on 10/26/2018