Time Machine Entertainment Reviews

68 | Pompton Lakes, NJ

68 Reviews for Time Machine Entertainment

Jennifer · Married on 09/18/2010

BEST BAND EVER! AMAZING Band! This band lives up to their reputation - they are unbelievable! I cannot say enough about how awesome they are. They are a serious PARTY band - if you are looking for a great time and every guest to have fun - this is the band for you. Every one of their 13-member band gets out on the dance floor and engages with the crowd. From start to finish they were the life of the party - the dance floor was packed all night long! They were great to work with - we were slightly hesitant because they restricted us to requesting only 15 songs - but it didn't matter because everything they played was just fantastic. Worth every penny, and they worked with you on price. Honestly, they should be one of the first vendors you call for availability because they book up quick - worth changing the date for them - that are THAT good!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Lizbeth · Married on 11/21/2009

Out of this world! We are still hearing that our band was the GREATEST asset to our reception! They were SO talented and unbelievable! THey made our day the party of the year.

Sent on 03/23/2010

Amber · Married on 09/04/2009

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Book them now and don't look back!

We remembered this band from a wedding we went to 2 years before our wedding and booked them as soon as we got engaged. Not only did we have a blast, we've heard from so many guests about the great time they had and how much they LOVED this band.

Time Machine does not succumb to line dances, cheesy traditions (unless you ask for them), or a dull line-up of 'wedding party standards' - instead they play (and sing!) the most current dance hits with a great mix of classics. They're out on the floor, dancing and singing with you and your guests. We had guests whom we've never known to dance, busting it on the dance floor with Time Machine.

I wish I was having another wedding just to invite Time Machine back again!

Sent on 09/23/2009
  • Mara

Mara Vega · Married on 10/05/2019

I will NEVER regret booking this band!

Time Machine Band made our wedding night the most memorable, entertaining, touching, and exciting party we've ever been a part of. People are still raving about the music and dancing weeks later. Joe was fantastic to work with; he was super understanding and flexible with our music selections, and he took the time to learn how to pronounce everyone's name properly, a small but very important detail for us. The level of attention to detail and care put into the preparation for our wedding was impressive, and they were total professionals the entire night. They provided a DJ for the ceremony, a three-piece brass band for the cocktail hour, and a full band for the reception. The level of talent in that band is unlike anything we've ever experienced; each singer and musician is so versatile and flexible, they can cover any song in any genre and you'll think you're listening to the original. I was hesitant to book a band when we first started planning our wedding because I usually prefer the original songs, but I can honestly say this was the best decision we made, other than actually getting married. The band is definitely pricier than a DJ, but considering you get a DJ along with the band, plus a world-class talented group of musicians and artists, it's definitely a worthy investment. You will not regret working with this amazing group of people. Note: they only book weddings based on referrals!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Kelsey · Married on 08/03/2019

Awesome band!

Time Machine Band is the best band to have at your wedding! They are so good at what they do and they really know how to read the crowd to keep the party going! They can master any song and make it sound even better than the original! We received so many compliments on how fun our wedding was and this can be attributed to how great our band was! Don't hesitate to work with them!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kristen · Married on 08/22/2015

Worth every penny! Our guests are still raving about how great our band was!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Cheryl · Married on 10/25/2014

This band is amazingly talented. You have not just one lead singer as many bands do, but many singers that carry the crowd. This is a quality that puts Time Machine ahead of the many other bands. Each and every singer has his/her own style and sound that mix beautifully together and also stand on their own. The various sounds and styles are so much more interesting and entertaining than one lead singer. The way they mix with and interact with the guests, how they take their music and bring it right into the thick of the crowd, their enthusiasm and love of partying is contagious. The dance floor was full the entire night and that is all to their credit. They received rave reviews from everyone! They made my daughter's wedding a night that everyone will remember.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 11/15/2013

We had the Breathless Band from Time Machine Entertainment. They had my guests on the dance floor the entire wedding. They were great to work with. We requested a special compilation for the son/mother dance and they worked with us until it was perfect. All of our requests were played, as well as, many others that the band recommended. I couldn't have asked for a better band!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Jaime · Married on 12/18/2010

Time Machine was amazing! They played all night, taking very few breaks. From the first song, the dance floor was packed and they kept it that way all night. Their singers are so diverse, that they are able to play all types of music. Joe Corey listened to my ideas and worked with me to make the night spectacular. The band was interactive with the guests, which was a hit. They really made my wedding amazing and I highly recommend using them.

Sent on 01/29/2011

Tina · Married on 03/24/2018

My mom booked this band for us as our wedding gift and I mean it when I say they MADE the wedding. People are still talking about how "epic" they were. We saw them (all 13 pieces) at an expo and fell in love! They were fun and upbeat and even interacted with the audience/dance floor - for example, the singer would walk around while he/she sang and the saxophone made his way around as well. They played an awesome, customized mix of oldies and new music. Everyone LOVED them and we all danced our butts off. A three-piece was included to play jazz in our cocktail hour - which was a classy touch for our big day. HIGHLY recommend! :)

Sent on 04/04/2018

Elisa · Married on 09/17/2016

Booking this band is the best decision you will ever make. They are absolutely FANTASTIC. The entire night people were telling us how fantastic the band is, and a month later, people are still talking about them. I can't recommend them enough. They had everyone dancing from the first moment and the singers are absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD. If you are thinking about hiring a band, do it. And hire Time Machine. This is the best money I spent for the entire wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Joana · Married on 02/16/2014

Time Machine was fantastic. They did an excellent job at our wedding. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 07/31/2014

M · Married on 09/02/2011

3.0

Pros: The band was super lively and energetic, and our guests were dancing non-stop all night. Everyone went on and on about how the band was incredible, and aside from the venue and us getting married of course, I do think it “made” the wedding. The keyboardist also learned all of our ceremony songs for us and did them beautifully, which is something they normally don’t do. They also allowed my dad to plug his movie into their soundboard and this also went off without a hitch.

Cons: First of all, I tried to reach the band multiple beforehand to go over everything, and they kept telling me it was too early. Finally, as had a meeting about a week before the wedding, where I requested that the ending to our dance be extended by a few notes, to which the manager replied “you should have asked for that months ago”….I tried and tried!! Also, according to our paperwork, it says the band will not play ANY line dancing unless requested in writing, where I promptly wrote NO LINE DANCES. In our meeting, I went over this again, and they also told me the band will take no requests day of the wedding, so if someone requests a line dance they will not play it. We also asked that Journey “Don’t Stop Believin” would be the last song. Lo and behold, after journey was played, the band leader announced “and now by the request of a guest,” and played the freaking cha cha slide. In addition, we had to ask the band multiple times to announce the photobooth which they kept forgetting. Also, we requested only 2-3 slow songs but they played more, and also we requested that they play dance music right away after the toasts, but they played dinner music, and when we told them, they abruptly burst into the Hava Nigila which started off very awkwardly because of that, but all of those things ended up ok. The cha-cha slide and awkward hava nigila were the only two moments of my wedding I did not enjoy.

Bottom Line: Time Machine are professionals and overall really did an amazing job, with all of our guests raving about them. I gave a B+ however because the communication both before and during the wedding was really poor. If you book them, I also recommend filling out all 15 songs you want them to play.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Delia · Married on 05/19/2007

AWESOME......EVERYONE TALKED TO US ABOUT HOW GREAT THEY WERE

Sent on 05/17/2008

Andrea · Married on 09/04/2010

3.2
      0.5

I saw the Time Machine at a friend's wedding back in 2008 and knew that if I ever got married, I wanted to have them at my wedding.

They provided a jazz trio to play during our cocktail hour, then the full band for the reception. They did a wonderful job! I think the music and the food really make an event like a wedding, and EVERYONE at our wedding danced the entire time. They put on a wonderful show!

I do have a bad comment regarding their DJ. They brought a DJ to play music during the band's breaks, which was great. However, during the evening when the band was playing, he came onto the dance floor and did two terrible things.

1) He got in the way of the photographers that we hired to shoot our wedding. I understand that he wanted promotional pictures for the band, but he was terrible and seemed very inconsiderate to my photographers who were just trying to do the job they were hired for, and very inconsiderate to us.

2) This is by far the worse of two evils. I was told after the wedding, by several different guests, that this same guy (lDJ/photographer with the long blonde ponytail) GROPED AT LEAST TWO OF OUR GUESTS. These were very attractive women who were wives of two of my bosses. Apparently he was getting grabby and touched their rear ends. I can't even explain how horrified/mortified I was to learn that this happened.

Unfortunately this one guy really brought down the whole experience for us. I hate to give a bad rating, because the band, as a whole, is phenomenal. This one guy, however, is a huge liability. I would suggest that they find another DJ and let him go immediately.

Sent on 02/08/2011

1.8
      0.0

This Band Did a Friend of Mines Wedding on October 6th 2013. The band did a Nice job at the Wedding but the Band leader & Owner Joe Corey is Very Unprofessional. He wrote on Facebook a day after the wedding about one of my friends that was at the wedding and that having a great time. The Band Owner Joe apparently Thought Quote on Quote " This guy was by far the Biggest Pain in the ass i have ever met. at the end it was funny i had to hug him lol drunk? maybe mentally challenged? thought so ... IN THE END... I GOT THE REASON WHY.. he was a cop hahahaha."

THIS IS WHAT THE BAND OWNER AND LEADER WROTE AND POSTED A PICTURE ON FACEBOOK ABOUT MY FRIEND AND WROTE THIS COMMENT!!! DO WANT THIS GUY TO TALK ABOUT YOUR GUESTS LIKE THAT? ARE YOU A COP? HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE PROFESSION APPARENTLY!!! LOOK THIS GUY UP "JOE COREY" AND CHECK IT OUT ON HIS FACEBOOK. HE IS A LOW LIFE AND SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS! DON'T USE THIS GUY AND HIS BAND UNLESS YOU DONT CARE ABOUT HOW DISRESPECTFUL HE IS AND HOW HE TALK ABOUT YOUR GUESTS! ENJOY!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Katherine · Married on 04/17/2010

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I was reluctant to book a band over a DJ mainly because of the cost, but I knew that in the end I would be happier with the quality of music and the atmosphere that a live band could provide, so we went ahead and booked them. Leading up to the wedding they were wonderful, we had consultations, reviewed the song preferences in advance, they reassured me time and time again that nothing would get mixed up. Well, they got the first dance right and the ceremonial father/daughter and mother/son correct too, thank goodness. But, my husband and I asked very specifically for NO disco music. We wrote on the sheet, no disco music please, we talked to the band leader- no disco music, please, we talked to the Time Machine coordinator- TWICE-- no disco music, please. We were completely ignored and the first twenty minute block of music was all disco. Other problems were that they must have completely disreagarded the request list that we had given them in advance because none of the sentimental songs we had wanted to hear that night were played. Finally my husband had to literally drag the band director aside during our wedding and try to explain to him all the problems. It wasn't worth the aggrivation because he didn't really care that he had ignored us-- the bill had already been paid. I will say, in fairness, the quality of the music was great, but it wasn't anything that we wanted to hear at our wedding. Nothing could have ruined that day for us, but the band came as close as anything could have.

Sent on 02/10/2011

Time Machine Entertainment's reply:

I would like to reply to your concerns. The band in question is The Silk Band. We have addressed your concerns with the band leader. There was no "Disco" music played at your wedding. The music which you interpreted as "Disco" was " Current Dance" music Not disco. Before each wedding every request is burned onto a CD and given to our band leader. All of your requested were indeed played during your wedding. You may not have been in the room at the time and therefore did not hear them all. But the list was completely checked. The most important thing is that we understand your wedding was a success and your guests had a great time. We take pride in everything we do and our quality of entertainment is unmatched. That is the reason we again have been voted best of weddings for 2011. We respect your opinion. but, In our 35 years in the wedding industry we have never heard a negative comment about our bands, Time Machine Or Silk in this regard. Music is an art and we are artist, we realize that everyone's musical taste varies. We wish you luck in your future years together. Sincerely Time Machine Entertainment.

0.8
      0.5

The band was INCREDIBLE. A fantastic night was had by all.

However, the owner Joe is a complete idiot and a terrible businessman. I'm shocked he's still in business given how unprofessional and dumb he sounds in his emails and in person. I'm sure it will catch up with him but can't take anything away from the band!

Sent on 05/29/2014