42 Reviews for Tim Tab Studios

Liability Insurance (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
41 Tim Tab Studios Reviews

The fact that we picked our wedding date around Tim and Bethany's availability basically says it all! We were first recommended by two of my sister-in-law's friends that used Tim Tab for their own weddings and then after meeting them in person, we knew there was no point in searching further or meeting with other photographers. Tim and Bethany are easy-going and the most delightful to work with. Their chill yet organized vibe is exactly what we wanted (and needed!) on our wedding day. Our photos came out absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier with the end results! The compliments continue to roll in to this day.

Profile Picture Jenna, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim and Bethany were the photographers for my daughter's wedding this past July. We immediately knew upon meeting them that they understood what we were looking to capture. My daughter and son in law were having a wedding that was going to be filled with incredible energy and tradition. Tim and Bethany did not miss one moment of that memorable day. Their ability to capture family, friends and several toddlers/ children was incredible. We also wanted to have portraits taken at an alternative outdoor sight other than the wedding venue. Tim and Bethany scouted out several beautiful spots days before(on their own) at a near by university. From the "getting ready" to the end of the evening Tim and Bethany have given us a lifetime of gorgeous photographs to cherish. We can not be any happier.

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Looking back, booking Tim Tab Studios was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding! Not only are they extremely talented but Tim and his wife Bethany (they work as a pair) are both two of the sweetest people around! It rained on our wedding day, and at first I was stressed and disappointed about it. Tim and Bethany were so positive and cheered us on the entire day! They really eased our nerves about the rain and my goodness, the photos they got are breathtaking. Looking at all our photos, they were able to capture the spirit of the day, and everything looks so unique and beautiful! Rain included! Honestly these are pictures our family will treasure for years to come. During the whole planning process, I didn’t have a wedding planner and Tim was so so helpful with going over timing and the plan for the day. He was extremely patient with all of our questions/emails and went above and beyond showing us examples of his work that would help with all of our decision making. Also, my husband and I didn’t feel strongly about having engagement pictures done, but getting to meet Tim before the wedding day made us feel so much more comfortable with the whole process. And his pictures turned out so wonderful, that it gave us confidence that they would do absolutely fantastic job on our wedding day! So it is definitely a plus that they include it in their package. Overall, working with them was a dream, if you’re considering booking them- do it, you'll be happy you did it!

Profile Picture Glynn, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tim and Bethany are so amazing! Tim Tab Studios did our friends’ wedding in 2016 and the photos were incredible, so when we began planning our wedding, the very first call I made was to check Tim Tab’s availability for 2017! Tim was so great throughout the entire process — he was super responsive, answered tons of questions, and had great ideas and suggestions around photo locations, timing, and more. I wasn’t sure we were going to do an engagement shoot initially, but it was included in our package and I’m SO glad we did one! Having your picture taken can feel awkward and it was nice to spend time with Tim before the big day and a great way to get a bit more comfortable in front of the camera. On our wedding day, we had the privilege of meeting his wife, Bethany, who’s equally amazing! They both have such a great eye and make a perfect team, capturing the entire day from different angles and perspectives, without you even noticing they’re there. Tim and Bethany are both so warm, nice, and easy to have around — it was such a joy working with them. We just LOVE our photos and are so thankful we can relive our wedding day through all of the pictures thanks to Tim Tab Studios!

Profile Picture Kit, 2/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints

Tim and Bethany were wonderful to work with and the end-product was incredible. I couldn't be happier with our photos, and photo was one of my most important vendor decisions. Would highly, highly recommend Tim Tab Studios!

Profile Picture Bridget, 10/8/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

I don't know where to begin. Let's start with this: Picking Tim and Bethany was one of, if not the best, decision we made related to our wedding (other than getting married to each other :)).

They were perfect! From start to finish I couldn't have asked for better photographers. My husband and I are not comfortable around the camera, but working with Tim and Bethany was great - they put us right at ease and felt like good friends from the get-go. We were able to laugh with them and cry with them. We were so happy to have them be a part of our day, yet during personal times (like the first look) we really couldn't even tell they were there. They struck a great balance. It also rained a ton on our wedding day and they again, put us at such ease. It was not a big deal to them, and it in turn, wasn't a big deal to us. They were able to capture everything they would have had it not rained.

One thing that was a big priority for us was capturing "moments" as opposed to rigid wedding photos. And they really did just that. Looking back at our wedding photos brings back so many memories - I think I cried more looking at the pictures afterwards than I did during the wedding itself. There were a lot of cultural aspects to our wedding too – my husband is Persian and I’m Lebanese – Tim and Bethany got it all. They did an amazing job with capturing certain aspects our wedding and our parents were more than pleased (which says a lot!)

Last thing - if price is an important factor to you, for what it’s worth, I think they're fairly priced. It was hard for my husband in particular to swallow the price, but I appreciated that Tim stuck to his word and didn't compromise the quality of his work (for example, we suggested 1 instead of 2 photographers but we had a 20 person wedding party - so, clearly, he was right).

Looking forward to seeing more beautiful wedding photos for years to come from Tim and Bethany!

Profile Picture User5245868, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Tim and Bethany were awesome. We are the type of people who do not like getting our pictures taken but they made us feel completely at ease. They also are extremely talented. I have already had several people text me to tell me that we have the best wedding photos they have ever seen. I would fully recommend working with them. They captured our venue (Art Institute of Chicago) perfectly!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I cannot say enough about Tim and Bethany. From our first meeting with Tim, we knew that we were going to get fantastic photos and have a great experience. We did our engagement session about a year before our wedding, coming to being nervous and super awkward, however Tim made us feel like rock stars. He didn't overly pose us, but gave us general direction to let us be goofy and silly with each other that we forgot we were being photographed.

The day of the wedding, Bethany came to take getting ready photos of the girls. Her sweet and captivating spirit melted away all possible nerves. She was able to execute and get photos, all the while keeping me and the rest of the wedding party calm. Throughout the day, they were able to capture family, friends, and wedding party photos without it feeling forced and awkward. Again, they didn't pose us in unnatural and cheesy poses, but let us and everyone be themselves in front of the camera, capturing everyone's fun and natural personality. The photos of my husband and I turned out absolutely incredible. The lighting and editing was exquisite making us look like super models.

With their patience, eye for detail, and incredible kindness they were able to capture our day in every possible way we could have ever imagined. The images they captured will help us to relive the day forever. I cannot recommend Tim and Bethany more. They will truly go above and beyond to make your wedding day incredible.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

If I could give Tim and Bethany 10 stars out of 5 I would. We can't even begin to put into words how amazing they are. Not only do they put you at complete ease on one of the most stressful (but happy!!) mornings of your life, they make everyone in your family, bridal party, guests, etc., feel comfortable to smile in photos. Also, they are so quick to reply to emails, are patient, and are really all around experts and make your day run so incredibly smooth. Plus.. they are funny & nice! Which makes it way more fun to take pictures for hours!

Also, their work is insane. They capture moments that you want to relive over and over again.. and then the ones you never got to see in-person on your wedding day which is more than you could ask for when you try to relive this day over and over in your mind.

I can;t recommend them enough. If you want the best of the best - book them.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Tim and Bethany are as good as it gets! I remember seeing a wedding photo album and trying to figure out who took the photos. After reaching out to the person who posted the photos she informed me of Tim Tab, and we never looked back. From the moment we first met Tim he was very professional and easy-going. He made the engagement shoot so much fun, and made us feel like ourselves in front of the camera. I knew we made a good decision when we were taking our engagement photos and it still just felt like my husband and I because he makes you feel that comfortable, in a situation that can be so awkward.

Our wedding day was nothing short of perfection. Tim and Bethany really compliment each other, and they were so easy to set up phone calls with and organize a timeline with. They captured moments we didn't get to see, and they captured shots that were so beautiful in the moment, that they allow us to remember that exact moment so vividly. They even went out of their way to allow us to stop at the United Center prior to getting to the venue at our request, so we could get a picture with my brother, as we attend games there often. I can't even put into words how easy it was to work with them, and the photographs are nothing short of perfection. They allow us to relive the best day of our lives over and over again. The creativity, quality, color, focus, and detail in the pictures are so flawless. Thank you again for capturing our engagement shoot, wedding day, and wedding night so perfectly!

Profile Picture Laura, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Tim and Bethany are just about the sweetest couple you will ever come across, and just happen to be fabulous photographers as well. You know when you see gorgeous pictures on blogs with fabulous lighting and you think, I just really want my pictures to be that pretty? Look no further. You will undoubtedly end up with pictures that friends and family will envy. They also happen to be very funny and fun to work with which results in some fabulous candids. :)

Profile Picture Megan, 12/12/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

We worked with Tim Tab Studios (Tim & Bethany) spring & summer 2015 for our engagement and wedding photos at the Trump Hotel and Bridgeport Art Center Sculpture Garden in Chicago.

In our search for a photographer, we got referrals from friends and researched on-line. We spoke with a number of photographers and met with only three. Tim’s photos popped up many times in our venue search and when we visited his website, we looked at all of the featured photos, including those in the Blog, we felt an emotional connection. To those who are in the process of finding a photographer, it will be a truly personal reaction to the photos or maybe just one photo. That’s how it was for us – we felt that each of the Tim’s photos captured a moment in a story and each image held emotion. That is why we reached out. After meeting with him, we knew we wanted to work with him.

We’re so glad that we did an engagement session with Tim. Neither of us had a lot of experience in front of the camera and while it may feel awkward, Tim made us feel comfortable right away. He’s got an easy demeanor and makes a lot of suggestions to get a great photo. He also has a fun sense of humor. He will make you laugh, which will make you relax in front of the camera.

Bethany joined Tim for the day-of wedding and we were impressed with how seamlessly they integrated into everything taking place. This husband-wife duo is an amazing team. Not only are they so complimentary of each other but they complement each other so well.

They are completely flexible, being as involved as you would like them to be. At times, we didn’t even realize that they were there. For portraits, they were direct, took control but never did we feel like we were being told what to do. We really love their creativity to get a different or more dramatic shot. This creativity is backed up by how awesome our photos turned out.

We love our photos and loved working with Tim & Bethany.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

When we were researching photographers for my daughter's wedding, we had one chance to get it right. The bride-to-be's sister, who is quite interested in photography and has a great eye, ran across Tim Tab Studios on-line. My daughter and I met with Tim and Bethany, his wife, who work as a team many times. We hit it off right away and after seeing their work, there was no doubt they were up to the job. They are prompt and make the most of the time allotted to them. If someone is not ready, they make sure they are shooting pictures.

My daughter's package included engagement pictures, which were wonderful, taken in the City and we used them for our 'save the dates.'

Tim and Bethany are the the sweetest couple and I know their work will be 'picture perfect!'

Profile Picture Rita, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Canvas, Prints, Proofs

When I contacted Tim, he was quick to respond and answered all my questions. He met with my fiancé and me and carefully went over all his services and what to expect. The pictures from the engagement shoot were insane. The colors and the vividness of each photograph were so impressive. The poses were modern and flattering. Tim was extraordinarily professional, yet cool and friendly, making the shoot fun. The day of the wedding, Tim and Bethany were punctual and immediately began shooting. They captured so many small, impromptu moments and their documentary-style photos encapsulated so many beautiful emotions and details of the day. It was the posed pictures that we were most impressed with. Tim and Bethany weren’t finicky with the exact angle of our chins or the exact position of a bouquet. The poses were natural and comfortable, which was so apparent in the final photos. Not only did they not once complain about the 105 degree weather, but in the photos, they made us look like it wasn’t a degree over 70. We are so grateful to them for providing exceptionally gorgeous and flattering photos of one of the most perfect days of our lives.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Tim and Bethany Tab! As I always say, aside from marrying the love of my life, wedding photos were the number one thing I was looking forward to on our wedding day. Needless to say, I spent countless hours trying to find the perfect photographer: someone who was reasonably priced but fantastically talented and someone who I knew my husband and I would get along with. I am so grateful for the recommendation I received to contact Tim Tab Studios; they were everything I was looking for and more.

To begin, I live in Chicago but really wanted to have our engagement photo shoot just across the border in Michigan. Tim was so generous and flexible with his time and agreed to meet us there. It's our home away from home and he brought a little bit of Michigan to our wedding. Throughout planning Tim and Bethany were so responsive, keyed in to all of our requests and seemed to have a really good sense of what our "vision" was. I met Bethany the morning of our wedding day and immediately felt comfortable. I had told Tim and Bethany that we were going to be on a tight time schedule but that I wanted as many "getting ready pictures" as possible -- to that, Bethany said, "No problem! We can get all those photos done in that amount of time." And sure enough, she did. She jumped in right away, she might as well have been taking pictures as she walked down my driveway to meet me! She was fabulous. Tim was (again) generous and flexible with his time and met my husband/groomsmen in Chicago while Bethany stayed with me/the bridesmaids in the Chicago suburbs. This duo made it happen. They were assertive and yet unobtrusive. I can't thank them enough for their care, time and utter professionalism. And last, but most certainly not least, our photos are incredible. Truly top notch. I could not be happier with the quality, eye for detail and true passion that was put into each photo. There's no better choice than Tim and Bethany Tab.

Profile Picture Amy and Tim, 8/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Tim was FANTASTIC! He's such a nice person, and incredibly easy to work with. He was great at suggesting shots and poses while keeping everything very natural and comfortable for us. And the photos from our engagement shoot & wedding are uniformly gorgeous. Whether it was indoor or outdoor shots, posed portraits or candids, everything came out beautifully. He even managed to get a lot of small artistic-detail shots that we never would have thought to ask for! All in all, I'm 110% satisfied with our decision to use Tim as our wedding photographer.

Profile Picture User5115712, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tim and his wife were great! They were very professional and met all of our requests without hesitation. It is awkward to have a carmera on you for a whole day if you are not used to it, but Tim made us feel very relaxed and turned out some great pics. Definately recommend.

Profile Picture User4619111, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When searching for a photographer to capture our engagement photos and wedding day, we couldn't have dreamed of a better photographer team than Tim and Bethany Tabailloux. We were looking for a more photo-journalistic style that was natural and told a story. After exploring Tim's website and work, we knew we found just that! Another major factor was the ability to get to know Tim via the included engagement shoot. We also receive every.single.image. that are fully edited with rights to use the images how we'd like and not committed to selecting a certain number of shots or purchased prints.

Tim was incredibly easy-going, flexible and patient with all of our questions. We felt immediately at ease with Tim and Bethany, it was if they were old friends - making my husband and me feel 100% comfortable and ourselves in front of the camera. He was very collaborative when selecting locations for our engagement and wedding photos and helped us to select places that would deliver the best shot.

Our wedding day, October 4th, 2014, was unusually freezing for the area! But Tim and Bethany braved the cold with us and you would never know we were covered head-to-toe in goosebumps - the shots were breathtaking. We could not ask for more beautiful photos. They were real, natural, evocative and captured all of the beautiful moments, big and small, of the day to truly tell a story. We love that we can look at our photos and remember exactly how we felt on the biggest day of our lives. I can't thank Tim and Bethany enough for that and we were so lucky to have them! You cannot ask for a sweeter, more talented duo to work with for your wedding.

Profile Picture Lexi, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim and Bethany are incredible. We couldn't be happier with the way the photos turned out and it was their help that turned a great day into an incredible one. Not only were they great in terms of choosing the shooting locations, but they are very good at directing even very large wedding parties so even with 16 of us the group shots turned out perfect. We choose them primarily because they work in a team and it really paid off, not a moment was missed and our guests all loved them.

We booked them for a full 12 hours (I think the typical is 8) and we highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Jon, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim and Bethany are amazing! I'll start with telling you why I chose them to photograph our wedding. I reviewed the blog on their website and everyone in the pictures was beautiful. I figured it was impossible that all their clients are beautiful models so they must be great at bringing out the beauty in everyone. This proved to be 100% true in our case. I've never looked so good in a picture. I'm so happy to have pictures that I'm not embarrassed to frame and stick around the house. They're also great about really bringing out your personality. They're such friendly, chill people, they really make you feel comfortable so it's less awkward having a camera in your face. We have some really great goofy shots and some really sweet lovey shots too.

They were very professional and so easy to work with. Tim met us at a coffee shop so we could meet him and see more of his work before we booked. We did the engagement shoot and the pics were so great we used them for our Save the Date postcards. We ended up putting a few pics on the card because we couldn't choose just one!

On the day of the wedding they arrived to the hotel on time (probably a little early). Bethany was with the girls and Tim with the guys. We then met up, did some "first look" photos and then went around town to get shots around town. I highly recommend booking enough time to do this - these photos are so great! Tim is really great at giving suggestions as to what to do in the pics without making them look or feel staged. He is really an artist an seems to know just the right moments to catch.

If I could give 10 stars, I would. For me, the most important vendor of the wedding is the photographer since the pictures are what last forever. I spent a lot of time researching and I'm so so happy we choose Tim Tab Studios. We couldn't be more pleased

Profile Picture User3138510, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim and Bethany were so wonderful with us not only on the day of our wedding, but also during the months before (including our wonderful engagement shoot). They were so helpful and responsive during all of our email communication throughout our wedding planning. Tim was especially flexible with us since we were planning our wedding from out of town. We would definitely recommend Tim Tab Studios to others based on their professionalism, communication, and quality of photography!

Profile Picture User4636722, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim and his wife/co-photog Bethany are amazingly talented artists. Not only are they a cute couple and cool people, they are also impressive photographers. We were so happy we chose them for our wedding!

We wanted somebody with a contemporary style who can capture the moments in an artistic and memorable way. They came recommended to us from another photographer we reached out to--a good sign. A big selling point was that an engagement shoot and 2 photographers were included in their package. We didn’t think we need the engagement shoot, but it turned out to be a great time to get comfortable with the camera and Tim. And as a bonus we got more pics during this special time!

As a photographer Tim is really kind and clear with his directions while also being easy going and unpretentious. Bethany is awesome too; definitely a talented photographer in her own right and a great second set of eyes on the wedding day. They make a great pair.

On the day of our wedding, they took our photo requests seriously, but didn’t require any direction either. And during our couple/wedding party shoot, they didn’t ask us to do any cheesy poses. Love that. Then, once the ceremony and reception got rolling, we would get subtle reminders that they were around capturing it, but for the most part they blended in and avoided distraction. But during the good moments on the dance floor they weren’t afraid to get into the mix to capture the perfect shots. Both my husband and I commented that we forgot they were there every minute, which for getting married and focusing on your significant other was important to us. After the evening was over we got several positive (unsolicited) comments from our friends/family as well. I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Marisa, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We LOVED having Tim and Bethany shoot our engagement and wedding photography! It was awesome and we can't wait to get our wedding pictures back! :o)

Profile Picture User3066186, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)

The fact that my brother, my sister, two best friends, and I have all used Tim to photograph our five different weddings over the past couple years should speak volumes to the talent, professionalism and just general photographic awesomeness of Tim and his company.

My husband and I work in film and TV, and we knew we wanted a more documentary style of photography of our wedding day. We don't like posing, and Tim did an amazing job of making us so comfortable and just capturing the FUN moments all day. The photos are gorgeous, and I especially love how his second photographer captured my parents and friends in moments where I wasn't present during the day. It was so fun to see those images later and experience those parts of the events.

He got some really classic shots while at the same time experimenting with light and settings that he found on the fly in the few locations around our church and reception venue. This resulted in an amazing mix of put-this-in-a-frame-immediately-to-give-to-all-relatives photos and some I-don't-even-know-what-to-do-with-this-it's-so-beautiful-Is-that-beautiful-person-me?-this-should-be-in-a-magazine shots.

As for Tim's flexibility, I can't say enough. We didn't have time to do an engagement shoot, so Tim graciously worked with us to add hours onto his shoot time on the wedding day. He also stopped by our rehearsal dinner and took us outside to do a spontaneous shoot with just the two of us, resulting in some of my favorite photos showing our excitement the night before the wedding.

Friends and family were floored when they saw the photos, and I had a ton of requests for Tim's information after my photos came back and we shared them. Also, his turnaround time to get the photos back to us was a MONTH. I was shocked, since I expected the process to take a couple months at least based on other friend's experiences with their photographers.

Go with Tim Tab Studios, your photos will be absolutely amazing.

Profile Picture A, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I knew from the very beginning that we wanted Tim to be our photographer because he had already shot incredible pictures for my brother-in-law's wedding, but after we met and talked with Tim, our decision to have him as our photographer was a no-brainer. He made taking pictures so easy and comfortable and he made the entire experience very enjoyable and stress free. Tim was very professional and always easy to get a hold of and answered any questions we had very quickly. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing and we are forever grateful to Tim for giving us pictures that so beautifully capture every emotion and important moment from such a special day!

Profile Picture Molly, 4/6/13, 1 Review