This Modern Romance Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
    Stephanie Married on 11/26/2016
    The short review: The BEST wedding decision we made was hiring Stephanie for our destination event! If you're hesitating, don't. She is incredible.

The long review: Weddings stress me out, and I'm even just talking about attending other people's! So you can only imagine what planning my own was like. We were struggling to find a good photographer with our aesthetic that could accommodate our budget and was available on Thanksgiving weekend. By some amazing luck, a friend suggested we check out This Modern Romance and give Stephanie a call. With only a few months to spare before the big date, Stephanie was not only receptive but wonderfully calm and professional, putting at ease any worry about this ever-important decision. After scanning a few of her other albums, we clearly saw that she knows what she is doing. The booking process was easy, communication was friendly, and she took care of pretty much everything related to her travel and lodging (along with that of her second-shooter).

We just received our photos and we are IN LOVE! I mean completely, head-over-heels obsessed with every single shot she captured. Not only are the photos GORGEOUS (totally magazine-worthy) but the feel of the entire collection recalls exactly how we experienced the wedding. An amazing plus: we keep being surprised at the little moments she captured, because we honestly don't remember her "hovering" or "crowding" at any point. She was so discreet (even our guests agree!) so the photos have a genuine sense of unposed authenticity.

My husband keeps laughing at me for clutching the computer and exclaiming "these are exactly what I was hoping for!" but it's true: we couldn't have chosen better!
    Shay Married on 06/26/2010
    WE LOVE LOVE LOVE STEPHANIE AND ISAAC! Seriously. When I became engaged, the first thing I did was hire Stephanie and Isaac. I probably would have changed my wedding date just to make sure they were available. =) Not only do they make you feel at complete ease when taking pictures, but the pictures are simply amazing. I've had a lot of friends look at our engagement pictures and wish that they had hired Stephanie and Isaac for their wedding! You're in good hands with this super cute couple! Highly recommend!!!
  • abutler11784
    Ashley Married on 04/10/2010
    Stephanie and Issac are totally the dynamic duo. They are so great, always nearby but very unobtrusive. They are professional and really know how to make you look your best on your special day. All their packages include an engagement session so they can get to know you as a couple and how you photograph. They are on the high-end side, but their work is featured on a million blogs, so they are still a good value compared to other photographers of that caliber. Check out her blog and you will be convinced!
    Lisa Married on 08/22/2009
    Stephanie and Isaac were absolutely amazing!!! My wedding was in Southern California, but I lived out of state and had a hard time contacting and communicating with many of my vendors - not Stephanie. She was so flexible and easy to work with. With a hundred other things to worry about, I never had to worry about my wedding pictures. The best thing of all? My pictures came out absolutely stunning - beautiful and warm. They were even better than what I had imagined. They are pictures that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I would recommend working with her 100%.
    Brian Married on 07/11/2009
    Super Amazing!
    Stephanie and Isaac are super talented photographers and just great people. We definitely wanted to try a lot of different and funky things for our pictures and they not only went with it, they got into and we think our pictures have such a great energy because of it. We honestly couldn't ask for anything more with our pics. Awesome.
    Ashley Married on 07/10/2009
    There are no words to describe Stephanie. Just pictures. Her pictures. Once you experience what she creates you'll understand. I knew that I wanted her to be our photographer long before we started the planning process and she was one of the best decisions we made. Besides being unbelievably artistic (she has this romantic, vintage, yet very modern on-trend style that is unique to her and her alone) she is professional and friendly and really captures moments and tells the story of your love and your day. Our engagement pictures were so great I didn't think it could get better, and I've only seen some teasers of our wedding photos so far (which is so great that she does this; you get a little taste of your wedding pictures only a couple weeks after your day) but they are breathtaking. Stephanie works with Next Exit photography and the managers you work with through them are great, too. Their prices are competitive as well. We were beyond happy with Stephanie, her husband (he works along side her), and Next Exit.
  • FutureBrum
    Tia Married on 09/05/2008
    WOW! WOW! WOW! We booked Stephanie through Next exit photograpy and can I just say she and her husband were amaxing! Not only were they a blast to work with, they captured every scene! They have this edge to their photos that make you want them to take your picture! They are a young couple full of life and love to be adventurous so your pics will be different from all the rest! We love them and will tell everyone about them!!
    Gwen Married on 03/20/2010
    Stephanie and Isaac have an amazing eye. The photos they capture look like they're pull out of a fashion magazine.