Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry Reviews

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 1
Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 2
Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 3

Kelley · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Theresa has done my makeup for multiple occasions and I've always been thrilled with the result! Her eye for color and attention to detail are top notch. Whether you're going for a bold or classic look, she can do it all. Theresa is also very friendly and easy to work with. Fabulous! :)

Sent on 02/20/2017
  • Tewanda Terry

Tewanda · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Beyond Amazing!

Theresa is talented beyond amazing! This was my first time having a full face of makeup and she made me feel very comfortable during the process. I was very pleased with the finished work. She is able to enhance all of the characteristics of your face so that you look gorgeous and natural at the same time!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Patricia Krystek · Getting married on 06/11/2019

Your makeup will look amazing!

I’m a mature woman who no longer knows how to apply my makeup. Because I was hosting a rehearsal dinner and attending the wedding the following day, I knew I needed help. I found Theresa on the internet and was very nervous since I had never had my makeup done by a professional artist. When I drove up to Theresa’s studio she was outside waiting for me and immediately put me at ease. Theresa is attentive, a true professional, enthusiastic, and an experienced makeup artist. She took before and after pictures which showed me her amazing ability. My step-daughters never compliment me, however when they saw my makeup they said, “Your makeup looks amazing!” I recommend if you need to look your very best you should contact Theresa. You will be in excellent hands!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

Highly recommend!

Theresa did such a great job— she listened to exactly what I wanted and the end result was still “me.” Plus she was a pleasure to chat with and stayed right on schedule on our big day. She did makeup for myself, two bridesmaids, and my mom, and everyone looked gorgeous. Thank you so much for making this bride feel beautiful!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! You were an absolute dream to work with! I am so glad I met you and that you chose me to be a part of your wedding day!

Larissatao · Married on 03/16/2019

Professional makeup artist

Theresa is very professional! I have a wonderful experience on my wedding day. She uses high-quality professional makeup. My makeup still looks good after 10 hours! The Touch-up pack is helpful, with all the things I need on that day. It's so sweet! She also brings all the tools she needs including makeup chair, lighting, clean brush. You just need to be here and enjoy!
    BTW, the colour of the full-size lipstick for me is so beautiful. I love it!

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 4
  • Jordan

Jordan Lewynn Newsome · Married on 11/10/2018

The best experience!!!! This coming from a picky bride with skin troubles :)

Theresa is absolutely FABULOUS!! I could not have asked for a better experience. As someone with bad skin (acne and Rosacea) my wedding makeup was something that was really important to me but also something I was really nervous about (I tried two other artists I wasn't crazy about before finding Theresa). Theresa went above and beyond to help me find the exact coverage and look I wanted - and it looked so natural!! I didn't feel or look like I was walking around with a ton of makeup on but it lasted all day! Theresa was determined to help me feel comfortable and even set up a complimentary skin demo where we tested a couple different options for my skin. She also did my mom and sisters makeup for the wedding. They were also SO SO happy with how it turned out and my sister even said it was the first time she ever liked getting her makeup done because Theresa knows how to emphasize your features while still keeping everything natural! She is also incredibly conscious of keeping everything sanitary. And her timeliness and calm demeanor is the exact thing we needed on a hectic morning trying to get 10 girls ready. Even after my wedding Theresa sent me an email letting me know a skincare product she used was on sale if I wanted to purchase it myself - so sweet! I'm already looking for another event where I have an excuse to use Theresa again - and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist for one of their biggest days! Thanks, Theresa for all your help, patience and fabulous work!!!!!

Sent on 02/24/2019

M Brown · Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience

Theresa did 5 make overs for my daughters wedding. She did a wonderful job and was great to work with. We all received so many compliments! I would highly recommend her. She was on time, professional, and very personable. She took her time and listened to what each of us wanted.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Kaylee · Married on 11/08/2018

So artistic and knowledgeable !

Theresa is a true artist. She has done my makeup four times now and every time I am astonished by her work. She is great at determining which colors/tones will look the best on you. She is also very confident and calm while working. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Kaylee! You are so sweet to say those things! It's always a pleasure to do your makeup!

Noelle Penn · Married on 11/07/2018

Make up lessons

I am a newbie and late to the game with Make up but Theresa was a master teacher and I’m doing better and more confident from her lesson. My wedding day will me more beautiful because of her time and patience, as well as her skills! Try her and you won’t be disappointed!

Nate · Married on 08/10/2018

Never was one to like makeup until I met Theresa.

My husband and I partipated in an amazing styled shoot to renew our marriage vows. As a male, I am also not one to usually wear makeup. The first thing you notice about Theresa is that she's an artist with an eye for color theory. The first thing she said was that she could tell that I had yellow undertones in my skin in varrying levels. Theresa could tell that I was nervous; this entire experience was new to me. Nevertheless, Theresa was kind, patient, and explained the entire process as she 'dolled me up.' Personally, I felt and looked great! Thank you so much Theresa for helping make that day magical!

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Nate! I enjoyed working with you and Richard. You two are a lovely couple! I wish you two the best!!

Kate Suchanek · Married on 08/09/2018

Theresa rocks!!

Theresa is so amazing!! I felt like a model for my bridal portraits. She is incredibly thorough and attentive, and she really prepares beforehand for you. She asked all kinds of questions before to make sure she did exactly what I envisioned. Highly highly recommend her!!!

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Kate! I enjoyed our time together! You are a gorgeous woman -inside and out! I hope our paths cross again!

Amy · Married on 05/12/2018

Theresa was incredible. She came to my house for a trial and I loved it. I am not a huge makeup wearer, but I wanted to feel pretty on my wedding day, so she worked with me to give me a style that felt very "me." I felt gorgeous all day, and even in the 90 degree weather, my makeup stayed on and looked great. All my friends who had her do their makeup looked great too, and my friends who hadn't wanted it regretted it. haha. Theresa is kind, professional, and wonderful to work with. She is easy to get along with and does a wonderful job. I only regret not having more opportunities to dress up like this so I could have her do my makeup again.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Camille · Married on 03/25/2018

Theresa did my makeup for my March 2018 and she did such an AMAZING job! She took into account my requests and really helped me craft a look I LOVED. I had been having trouble with breakouts and she gave me tips to manage these and improve my skin and also helped cover my skin so I felt more confident on my wedding day. She is extremely skilled and knowledgeable about makeup, skincare, and different products! I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 5
    Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry 6

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Camille. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the makeup and I am so happy that my skincare tips were helpful. You made a beautiful bride. I hope you and Max have a blessed and happy marriage.
  • F

FONDA · Married on 03/18/2018

Theresa is wonderful providing the client with the right color to bring out the natural beauty in all the young ladies. Everyone looked so pretty and natural at the shoot . To find someone who loves their work and wants to make your special day a wonderful experience that you will not forget you need to call Theresa. Top notch professional.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Your words mean so much to me! Have a beautiful day, Fonda!

Anna · Married on 09/16/2017

Theresa is amazing! I was in a bind and stressed about finding the perfect makeup artist for my wedding, until I met Theresa. She was calm, professional, and excited about the possibility of being a part of my wedding day during our first meeting. I was unsure at first how to articulate the natural beautiful look I was going for, but Theresa was able to make my dream a reality! During the trial she was patient as I asked for a slightly different shade or look. I can't imagine having had anyone else do my makeup! She truly enjoys her work and it makes a difference! Thank you Theresa!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Anna. I was so honored to be a part of your day. You and your party were a delight. I hope you are enjoying life with your husband.

Rita · Married on 04/03/2017

My makeup lesson with Theresa was fabulous! She knows how to make you beautiful without putting on a lot of makeup. This is very important for mature women! She was incredibly professional. She taught me how to emphasize my eyes with different shadows.
    Theresa is also such a genuinely nice and fun person. I will go back to her and I highly recommend her to everyone!

Thank you Theresa!!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Aylanna · Married on 02/01/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Theresa! She was great! I have absolutely no complaints! She arrived early, she was very clean and professional, and extremely easy to talk to which made the process so much fun!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Mary · Married on 07/02/2015

Teresa is awesome. She did my makeup for a friend's wedding and I loved her so much that she will be doing my wedding as well. She perfectly captured the look I was wanting. And even though I was sweating all day, my makeup still looked great by the end of the night. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Lyly · Married on 07/02/2015

Theresa did a FANTASTIC job with both my wedding and engagement makeup! She is incredibly detailed and attentive; Theresa gladly adjusted the makeup based on my feedback and taste. LOVE IT!

Sent on 07/09/2015

B Taylor · Married on 10/21/2006

In Hindsight...

I just wish I knew her when I was getting married, over 11 years ago! Very professional & doesn't mind teaching you a few tips and tricks along the way! Thank you Theresa for the awesome makeup that you do!

Meredith · Married on 10/28/2018

Traveling make up artist

I ended up doing a trial with Theresa for my bridal session in Downtown Raleigh. She was informative on different things. She has an in home studio so it is comfortable. I had a difficult bridesmaid who she helped calm down tremendously. I heard no complaints of breaking out after. Theresa listens to your vision and does what looks good on you. She got myself, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mom done all before the photography and videography got there. Everyone has been impressed with the quality of make up in the photos.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Theresa Burden Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was lovely meeting you and your bridal party. You were such a beautiful bride!